Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

(New Faces)Changeling Spent
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord stood idly, waiting. He had messaged Seraphina , letting her know he was meeting a prosective new member of the Freehold. They had to make sure they knew where each other were.

He cletched his fist, the roots covering his outer palms creaking in a way that was, to him, pleasing. The woody coverings of his pale fingers had taken some getting used to. At leasted they weren't sharp. his eyebrows were now dark ridges that began to sprout if he didn't keep them in check. In order to fit in his suit, he had to trim the growths from his shoulders daily. He was considering a Hedgespun suit to allow his every increasing growth to be free.

Still, for now, his jacket and long coat looked normal enough, a concealment of his true form by hardening the mask. One of his own Red Flowers was in his buttonhole, a sign for his guest to look for as he waited on the edge of the Lilly Pond just up from Funderland.

Hopefully his guest would not be late.

Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

(Hardened Mask)Glamour 1 Spent
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Bookeeping: Hardened Mask
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Roshon
    Striking Looks
    (Grand)
    Roshon

Mien
    Roshon's true form is far more chaotic than even most other Lost, as they can at least claim to be symmetrical. Not so for Roshon. Sure, from the tips of the miniature blackbuck horns that sprout from her head, everything looks fine, but then it comes to her ears, with one being a fuzzy red panda tuft, and the other being like that of a dhole. Her eyes are like those a big cat, and though her hair is just as it appears with her mask, the fur of a striped hyena runs in a black and white mane down her spine. A pair of fangs lie beneath her lips, and a tiger tail sprouts from the base of her spine. Her hands are scaled like the feet of a bird, and if one is lucky enough to see her with boots off, a pair of mutant crocodile feet lie beneath.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Miner Chimera

With the harnessed power of 345 horses trapped within six cylinders and 355 foot pounds of torque, Roshon was rarely late. Her tires ate up the pavement of Sacramento with the determination of a predator tearing across the savannah, her heat beating like a hummingbird addicted to gasoline. Only the barest regard for traffic laws leashed her beast, but the GNX demanded to perform. For a brief moment in time, it was the fastest damn thing in the world roaring down the highways, and while others might have moved on and forgotten, Roshon couldn't. It was the memory of this pitch black monstrosity roaring down the streets, of holding the pieces of its heart within her hands and building it back together again, piece by piece, that had helped her find her way back, and so, for now, they were married to one another.

Only in death would they part.

So it was that Roshon tore up to the curb and put the automotive avatar of Darth Vader into park. She climbed out, straightening her leather jacket, a homemade Black Flag T-shirt beneath, with jeans and boots to finish the outfit. She hadn't told Rhodes to look for her clothing, of course. She didn't need to. Her mien was about as distinctive as they came. Blackbuck horns, mismatched ears, cat eyes, a striped hyena mane, and a swishy swishy tiger tale kinda made her stand out.

Roshon waved as she approached, the red flower in the lapel, thankfully, just as distinctive.

"Yo, s'up Rhodes. 'Preciate you takin' the time. Though, ya know, I was hoping for somewhere a little more private. Kinda get tired of all the double speak, ya know?" she said with a crooked smile, fangs on display.
    Roshona Dhar, Wizened: Miner/Chimera. Courtless. Striking Looks: Grand.

5. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord watched as several tons of American muscle cruised up to street on the edge of the Lake, and watched carefully as the Chimeric being stepped out of it.

Heterochromia, a collection of different beings.... a very different to any Chimera I have seen before.

He inclined his head with a half-smile. "Not at all. Comes with the position. And space is arranged - I just dislike taking people straight there to begin with. Far too exposing for our interests - as I'm sure you can understand, Miss....?" He lets the statement hang in the air, open for the new Changeling to fill in.

"Would you prefer some assurances of protection? I don't like assuming I'm completely safe with you, just as you are taking the gamble that you are safe with me." Emerald eyes watch her closely, his breezy mantle carrying haunting whispers to her ears.

7. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Roshon
    Striking Looks
    (Grand)
    Roshon

Mien
    Roshon's true form is far more chaotic than even most other Lost, as they can at least claim to be symmetrical. Not so for Roshon. Sure, from the tips of the miniature blackbuck horns that sprout from her head, everything looks fine, but then it comes to her ears, with one being a fuzzy red panda tuft, and the other being like that of a dhole. Her eyes are like those a big cat, and though her hair is just as it appears with her mask, the fur of a striped hyena runs in a black and white mane down her spine. A pair of fangs lie beneath her lips, and a tiger tail sprouts from the base of her spine. Her hands are scaled like the feet of a bird, and if one is lucky enough to see her with boots off, a pair of mutant crocodile feet lie beneath.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Miner Chimera

Roshon's eyebrows rose at the mention of limiting how 'exposed' everything was. Didn't seem like that was much of a concern for a Freehold that was housed in an amusement park, but whatever. It was good to know their 'Director' was a cautious sort. Maybe a bit melodramatic, but, well, two could play at that game.

"Allow me to introduce myself," Roshon replied with a crooked smile.

"I'm a drifter of breadth and taste. I've traveled around for long, long years, but now I'm looking for a place to rest my faith. You can call me Roshon, though," she continued, dropping the self-important façade as she offered Rhodes a scaled bird-hand.

"Don't wanna be confused with Lucifer. Piece of work, that one. I like her wife, though. That's how I got your number, by the way. We had some drinks after the Alibi closed and they mentioned they spent some time here. Didn't say much of anything else, just that I should call you and where to go. Seemed as good a place as any."

After the handshake (or perhaps lack there-of), Roshon hooked her thumbs into the pockets of her jacket and shrugged.

"I'll agree to an 'assurance of protection', though, if that will help smooth things over."

9. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

(Pledging)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes took the hand - his pale elfin fingers wrapped around the chimeral claws with woody stems. "Roshon."

An eyebrow arched and a malicious smile spread across his features. "Lucifer? Now there's a name I haven't heard in quite a while. I'm sure she's as... ah, charming as ever." The remarked positively oozed wry humour. "You say her wife lead you here? I supposed that would be her little cat, Echo, yes? Mmmm, yes. Fascinating... Still. I suppose business before gossip."

He nods. "Oh nothing to complicated, I assure you. Just a vow, for a day, a guarentee of peace. A hope of good fortune as long as it holds, misfortune should we cause harm." There is a flare of wind and leaves at the Autumn easily weaves words into a casual pledge of sanctity, Wyrd filling them with a potent energy. "That will be enough to see your true intent." Shorter than he liked, but it was true enough - enough time to bind Roshon to the Wyrdstone and assure of her clear intent.

Task: Lesser alliance (no harm to one another)
    Boon: Resources +1 dot
    Sanction: Curse (lose 10-again)
    Duration: Day

Saber Sloth - since this is just a day, would you still like me to add it to the Pledge calander?

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

0 Scenes

It's fine to not add it since it's only a Day Long Pledge. But you can't Pledge for Resources! So that needs to change before the Pledge will accepted.

And Roshon will need to meet James, get to the Wyrdstone ASAP
    Last edited by Saber Sloth; Feb 9th, 2021 at 11:32 AM.

13. Likes Xadun liked this post

Roshon
    Striking Looks
    (Grand)
    Roshon

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

Miner Chimera

Roshon mulled the dread king's words over in her mind, and decided this must be another test.

"How about a vow of good will, keeping our ears sharp, and our eyes sharper, and karma handles it for the rest of the day," she suggested, trying to keep her words sounding conversational. It wasn't something she was great at, but she got by.

"But, um, anyways, not much gossip I can share, really. They're in Detroit, doing their thing. Sacramento sounded a lot nicer, though. Curious to see if that's actually the case."

Task: Lesser alliance (no harm to one another) -1
    Boon: Danger Sense (2 dot merit) +2
    Sanction: Curse (lose 9+ 10-again) -2
    Duration: Day +1

15. Likes , Xadun, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes smiles, latching on to the strands of words and Wyrd in the air. "Done. And with that in mind, kindly step this way."

He steps off without waiting in the direction of Funderland.

"I suppose that depends largely on your definition of 'nice'. I can't say I've been as far north-east as Detroit," he says thoughtfully. "We certainly try to make people welcome, but we are often a path of transience between the Pacific and the rest of the country, rather than a society of greater note. Still. Enough of us call it home to not be insignificant. Still, as you so rightly say, it is easier to discuss without trying to shroud in mystery."

Leading the way, the Dread Lord turns into Funderland and then left into some administrative offices.

The office is an unremarkable affair, several chairs, a small kitchenette and a desk. Away to one side is a large, pulsing rock that hums with the power of the Wyrd. Rhodes locks the door and perches casually on the desk, leaves twisting idly around him.

"I will be direct, first of all. We are not without our issues. There is one of the Gentry Lurking around the city - our fight with the one that calls himself "The Huntsman" is ongoing. We have also clashed with the banal servants of Anne, a powerful Lost Autumn Courtier that lost her throne in a Freehold on the West coast. And lastly, there is something about the Wyrd of this city that makes a Freehold pledge unweave. We have not been able to produce a successful one, even after intense investigation by a Pledgesmith of no small skill. If you still wish to join our Freehold, we have this," he gestures to the rock, "A Wyrdstone. A Fae artifact that, for a cost of glamour, allows us to identify friend from foe of the freehold it is presently bound to - too wit, ours. If you accept, simply touch it and pay the tithe. It will break once you leave the freehold..... as defined by the Wyrd's interpretations thereof. I will be happy to answer any questions."

Sorry for leaping ahead a little, I just wanted to get to the main bit as requested!

17. Likes , liked this post

Roshon
    Striking Looks
    (Grand)
    Roshon

Mien

(Wyrdstone)Glamour 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Miner Chimera

Well, well, they really weren't flodgin. The freehold really was a goddamn amusement park. Which was surreal as hell, and not in a way that Roshon particularly liked. They knew what was over the garden wall, so build an echo of it? It was either to take advantage of the harvest, or to make sure they were the least tempting little morsels that happened to be scampering around, neither of which she'd expected when she'd first heard about Sacramento.

Still...amusement parks had a lot of machines, and she did like those. Could probably help fix them, keep them safe. Not a bad way to pitch in. Worse hobbies out there...

The train of thought abruptly crashed to a halt, however, as she caught sight of the Wyrdstone. She'd seen more than her share of weird shit cruising around the country, but this was definitely near the top of the list. Sure, part of that was likely due to the fact that it was sitting in a goddamn office, and the contrast between the artifact and the banality of the office was so damn sharp it felt like it was poking into her brain, but still. Wyrd ass stone.

The price of admission.

So, Roshon walked forward and pressed her palm against the rock, waiting for...whatever was about to happen. Thankfully, her blood stayed where it belonged, and she only felt a small tingle as a small stream of glamour flowed out of her and sank into the stone.

Raising an eyebrow, Roshon turned back to Rhodes.

"That it? I'm a citizen of the Freehold now, all official like? Is there gonna be a feature on me in the local newsletter? Also, let's talk benefits and dues. What's that situation looking like?"

19. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread