Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She didn’t think it was anything special. But, she grew up like that. Shaking her head with a chuckle, “Oh no, definitely not musical. Both were acrobats in the circus, my mother focused more on ariel, while my father was more a tumbler. So in a way, performing is in my blood.” It was the only life she had known. “I just took it a step farther with a more shock and awe inspired show. Nothing my parents approved of though.”

Getting some of the noodles onto her fork, she sticks them in her mouth, thinking over his words as she chewed. “Huh, well, it’s an interesting way of looking at things. Though personally, I don’t think, given the example, that it’s an excuse to be rude and risk causing an accident.” But, that was just her. “I’ve always just figured that karma will take care of jerks like that, which means I don’t have to dirty my hands anymore.” A light chuckle. Not that she messed with Fate anymore. “Nice that you’ve been able to do that though, I’m sure it cuts back on undue aggravation and stress. Which we could all do without.” They had enough to worry about with Seer’s and whatever fuckery they were coming up with.

“Oh, well, there will always be someone looking to bring another down. Never really understood it, but for some, it just seems to drive them. And you’ll get no holes poked in your goals from me. Unless they’re destructive, then we’ll have to talk.”
    Destructive was bad.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Wow, seriously? You grew up in a travelling circus? Or am I stretching it there? Honestly, I didn't know they had circuses anymore. That's pretty cool! So...they didn't approve of what you did? Sorry for all the questions, it's just...I don't know, kind of blows my mind, having parents and even knowing their opinion on things...I mean like your job and stuff. I mean...are you still in touch with them?" Kaze asks, really curious and interested, almost seeming to find the idea of an intact family more difficult to relate to than growing up in a circus.

He nods when she talks about fate and karma, not commenting, but not objecting either.

He smiles when Aurora sounds all protective of him. It's nice. "Yeah, definitely. You see me heading that way, definitely come kick my ass." Kaze says softly, like he's remembering something or quoting something or someone.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A nod as she took a sip of her beer, “Not stretching it, I grew up with a travelling circus.” Then a chuckle, “They do, they’re just not as big an extravagant as they once were. They’re smaller and tend to hit smaller towns now.” The art was dying. “They didn’t like that I took the craft a step further, added danger to it. It wasn’t as welcome in the circus we were with. So I went out on my own and made a name for myself in the side show business.” A fairly good life too. Shaking her head, “No. My father passed a few years ago, and I’m not sure what my mother is up to.” She wondered sometimes about her mother, sometimes.

Laughing, “Oh I will, and you won’t see it coming.” Cause she was sneaky. Sometimes, when she wanted to be.

“Have you come across a lot of people shooting down your dream?” curious to his answer. “As someone who’s had people do that, it sucks, and you should ignore them. Because fuck what they think.”

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles, listening to Aurora as she describes carrying on the family tradition, and even taking it further, making it her own. He wonders if she ever thinks about having a family, and a child to do the same with her own act, if they were inspired to.

"You know what?" Kaze says thoughtfully, "No. Not a single person that I've told has shot down my dream, of being an actor at least. My dream of having a family...well, it's not really fair, because of how I told her, but Phoenyx kind of did, yeah. Just with her though. She didn't try to tell me I couldn't do it with someone else. So, that's fair."

"How about you, Aurora? Have you thought about having a family someday?" Kaze asks, unconsciously, apparently unaware of how his question might sound after the last thing he'd said. It doesn't sound like he's making a proposition or anything.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Well that’s good.” That no one had shot his dreams down. Then he mentions the family thing, “So that is really important to you huh? The whole having a family thing. And at least she was honest with you about it. I’ve heard stories of people lying about how they felt about that, just to keep the relationship going.” Shaking her head, “Not a good way to have a relationship.” The whole communication and being honest thing.

Blinking a few times, “Me?” then shaking her head, “No, no way. Having a family isn’t something I’ve ever wanted. Between the years I spent on the road, and then the dangerous world we live in, it would be unfair in my opinion. Plus, I’m not really a kid person.” A slight pause, “Or a relationship type person.” The last bit said a little more quietly. “But I say if that’s your dream and something you like, really want, go get it.” She wouldn’t discourage him.

“So have you ever thought if joining a Cabal or making one that aligned with your goals?”

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Yeah. It really is." Kaze says thoughtfully when Aurora asks him if having a family is really important to him. "I guess...you want what you don't have? Or what you lost? My mom died from cancer when I was twelve. I'm okay now, but I didn't really have a family after that. I mean, my grandfather raised me until he died when I was in college, I was totally taken care of. Just...yeah, I guess the thing of having people you love around, and kids...I do want kids."

Kaze smiles. "The thing is, I don't want to try to force anything. I'm not like trying to meet someone to have kids with or anything. So. It's a thing I want, but not a thing I am working towards, except to work on myself, so if I got the chance, I'd be a good husband and dad."

"Thanks." Kaze says, after Aurora wishes him luck after saying she isn't a kid or relationship person. He pauses a moment, like he might ask about that.

"Um...really, none of my business, but...why do you say you're not a relationship person? I mean, I get that you said you don't really um, 'bond' I guess, cause you have the habit of being ready to move away, but...that's a habit. Not necessarily what you want. I mean, if you like being on your own, and just want it that way, then cool. I just wondered, do you not want a relationship, or just kind of figure it won't happen?"

Kaze smiles, "Cause I do want one, and I still figure it's pretty possible that it won't, cause I don't want to try to make it happen, you know? But I'm open to it."

Kaze smiles again and nods, "Well, I haven't been invited by anyone else to join one or form one, and the one time so far I invited someone, they said 'I'll think about it' but in the way where they're just too polite to say 'no', you know? That was months ago, and they haven't brought it up again, so I am sure not going to."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Taking a moment to chew some noodles, “Maybe.” But it wasn’t the same for everyone. “Oh, I’m sorry to hear that.” Losing a parent that young must be hard. “I wish there was more I could say, I never had a really bond with either of my parents, but I can imagine it must have been difficult. But thankfully you had someone to step in.” that probably sounded cold, “Sorry if that didn’t sound right, I’m not really good with that type of thing.” But, hey, she was trying?

“But it sounds like you’re planning on making your intentions known, which is great. And yeah, I think you’d be great in both roles.” Least from the way he’s seemed to have grown.

Now this was a bit more difficult. “Well,” a pause, “it’s not that I’m not open to the idea, it’s just that I’ve never had a serious one. So it’s nothing I really know a whole lot about or would even know how to handle. I’ve been in love, from a distance, but that’s the extent of anything relationship wise. Though I did date a guy here and there quite a few years ago. But it wasn’t long term or anything.” Just hang out here and there. “And to be honest,” a shake of her head, “I don’t think it will happen. I’m pretty set in my ways at this stage in my life, and not really in touch with my feelings, so I don’t think it would be successful.” That was the truth.

Smirking, “If my understanding of Fate is still reliable, then it will happen it’s supposed to. I was taught at one point that we all have a destiny and that our lives will lead us where we are supposed to be with who we’re supposed to be with. And I think you’ll find it. You’re gonna make some girl really happy someday.” He was a good guy, and would find what he wanted.

An understanding nod, “They seem to form and then fall apart just as quickly. And that sucks, especially when you’ve invested in it. I kinda miss it, having someone you know you can depend on if you need it. But I have a bad history with them, and while I got an invite of sorts, I wasn’t in the mind set to enter into another.”

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods. "It's okay. I almost didn't mention it. I mean, ironic, right? I'm talking about 'putting it all out there', but when it happened...I lost a lot of, all my friends really, because they didn't know what to say, and I didn't either. It's a thing, when someone dies, someone close like your parent; you lose them, but you also are isolated from everyone else...because you go through something that...I guess you have to go through alone, because no one else knows what it's like."

"Thanks." Kaze says, smiling when Aurora says he'd make a good husband and dad, in her opinion. He doesn't mention that his only role model was a father who abandoned him and his mom when she got cancer. Who does that?

"Is that what it is? Having each other's back? I never have been in one. It seemed like it was more...specific. Like, an alliance, but just for a specific goal." Kaze says, thoughtfully.

"I mean, I'll have your back, Aurora; just being a friend. And you already said you'd kick anyones ass who tries to mess with me, including me!" Kaze says, smiling, "To me, that's you, having my back."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A thoughtful nod as she listened, “I was older when my father passed, but I can understand what you are saying a bit. Unless someone has gone through such a loss, it’s hard to find the right words for it. And you don’t want to sound crass or uncaring, so you kind of just say nothing. Which in some ways, can be just as bad. But I think you came out of it ok, seem to have handled the loss and the issues that can cause.” Or he was a really good actor.

“In a way, yeah. But it’s also an alliance. You form a bond and share a living space, you really get to know and understand who they are. The trust is something that I miss, personally. Having that level of trust with someone is hard to beat. Some would even call it a family.”
    Which she missed sometimes.

Laughing, “Thanks!” it was welcome to hear. “I also plan to not let you die should we come across any Seer’s or anything like that.” Just to cover all the bases. “It’s important to know when you can count on someone, so it means a lot to me.” It was also unexpected. “And if you need help with studying the more advanced stages of Life, I’ll help if you need it.”

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Thanks. It leaves a mark. I think coming out of it only happens when you stop wanting things to go back to the way they were before..." Kaze says thoughtfully.

"Anyway, thanks, and sorry about your dad. That sucks."

He listens attentively to Aurora when she describes what it feels like to be in a Cabal. She's done it, and he hasn't, so he just listens and takes it in.

"That sounds really...nice." Kaze says, smiling.

"Deal." Kaze says grinning. "I won't let you die either." He says, seriously, but smiling. He knows no one can control everything, can really promise an outcome like that, but the statement of intent is there, to do everything possible, sacrifice whatever it takes.

"Oh. Wow, I...totally appreciate that, Aurora, really. I mean...I wasn't looking for that, but...I might take you up on it, down the line. Honestly, I think I want to develop my understanding of Space now, I mean, my non-existent understanding." He grins. "I don't feel ready to learn at that level, be a Master. I think I will though, feel ready. Just letting it happen, you know, naturally." Kaze smiles again.

"I would really like to learn the limits and stuff on Shapechanging, though. Sometime."

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread