Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The dark winter evenings of Funderland were lit by shimmering dull gaslights from the Haunted House. The front door creaked idly ajar.

The site of former murders, Edna's cut a grim figure compared to the other lighthearted and brightly coloured attractions. The lights, far from piecing, were sometimes interrupted by a shadow passing in front of them, casting strange and warped shadows.

Within, the Dread Lord of Sacramento stokes the fire in the hearth. He had a guest expected in the form of Yamiyo Lillich , but as this was for teaching he did not want to assume she would be alone.

He took his seat, the carved wooden throne at the head of the heavy oak table and poured himself a glass of scotch, rolling it around the glass before sipping it lightly. dust and leaves littered the floor.

The whispers of his Mantle filled the room, occasionally chilling the spine easily through the warmth of the fire.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Yamiyo Lillich
    Striking looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Presence
    (Unknowing temptress)
    Narcissus’s Blessing
    (Romancer Kith)
    Dexterity
    (Perfect grace and klutziness)
    Mantle (spring)
    (Fresh scent of roses, vanilla and cinnamon.)
    Yamiyo Lillich

Mien:
    See picture link in signature, make slight adjustments for what your character find appeasing.

Mask:
    150cm, 41kg/90lbs, small petite woman with an appearance slightly changing for each viewer to always be found appeasing.
    Long well managed hair, agile and dextrous but also slightly klutzy.

Mantle:
    A fresh air of newly blossomed roses with hints of vanilla and cinnamon. Small rose petals dancing behind her, around her ankles and occasionally around her hair.
    Hedgespun equipment

Hedgespun equipment:

Hedgespun AnkleBracelet (●)
    + 1 Defense
    Mask: Sturdy glistering silver chain with a pagan knot emblem on it.
    Mien: As if woven by the wind itself.

Hedgespun level 0:

Hedgespun Choker (0)
    Mask: Choker.
    Mien: Woven threads of glistering amber with the the sun, moon and star woven from the light they belong to lightly glistening when any form of light hits them.
    Equipment

Purse
    Small shield: +1 defense, +2 during dodge.
    Lockpicks: +3
    Mirror
    Smartphone - oneplus 7 256gb
    Sewing gear - (various, sheer's, thread's, needles, measuring tape, a couple of buttons, seam ripper)
    Hair/bobby pins
    Zippo lighter
    Ankle bracelet D+1
    A combined personal attack alarm/watch/flashlight - waterproof 160 decibel
    Pepper Spray
    Stun Gun (compact blue streetwise)
    Sunglasses
    MM's
    Doggie treats
    Battle

Health: 7
    Defense:
    Base: 2,
    Shield+1/2
    Anklet+1
    contract+2
    Total standard: 4/5
    Contract: 6/7
    Dodge: +2

+2
    SL
    PRE

Succubus / Incubus Romancer

Let's see she were of to meet the as of late reclusive autumn monarch, gathering her clothes for that and finding the right style were hard. On one hand the desire to wanting to wear more revealing or outgoing clothes were a push now that school so often had her hide in baggy clothes and covering up as much as possible in order to try and dampen the effects of her double edged blade, then again so should it be restrained. Taking far to long to decide before finally picking up the right clothes with a giggle. Ohh she never would have bought this outfit if she hadn't been way to deep down the wine bottle so why not try it now.

Arriving by the door and taking a couple of minutes to calm her mind, spooky things were not really her cup of tea and the autumn Monarch were the only monarch or well only other member of the freehold that had even begun to make her feel a bit of fear then again all of it were good and that was part of why she housed a deep respect for him.

Slowly walking in and making her way to the dread lord, quickly curtsying as deep as her little body would allow.
    "I am sorry if I kept you waiting venerable dread lord and I deeply thank thee for this opportunity."

Feeling a chill down her spine as she slowly rises and walks over to hand over her gift.
    "I wasn't sure which your favorite were so I hope that you like bourbon?" Looking a bit anxious and insecure.
    Succubus/Romancer Base mien

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord is poring over a book, hand resting on his mouth. Eyes glance up at the small form of Yamiyo as she enters. "Close the door, please," he responds, setting the book down. The glint of gold scales across the Succubus' face was highly distracting, as were her deep blue eyes. It was familiar enough at this point, yet all to obvious where it came from and unnerving in it's way. The fact that Sera had nearly a foot on the diminutive waif stood before him helped, and he had never seen her wearing something of that style, were both helpful.

Rhodes took the bottle, reading the label. "Oh! Thank you. Excellent. I am partial, from time to time." He sets the bottle down and reclines, one palm over the arm of the throne. The wooden breaches in his skin seem more abundant that their last meeting, his stance a little more stiffened. Still, he seems at ease as he leans slightly to one side.

"So.... Miss Lillich. You mentioned studies, and learning. Is there something particular you have been looking into? Do you have specific questions?"
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Yamiyo Lillich
    Striking looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Presence
    (Unknowing temptress)
    Narcissus’s Blessing
    (Romancer Kith)
    Dexterity
    Mantle (spring)
    Yamiyo Lillich

Mien:
    See picture link in signature, make slight adjustments for what your character find appeasing.

Mask:
    150cm, 41kg/90lbs, small petite woman with an appearance slightly changing for each viewer to always be found appeasing.

Mantle:
    A fresh air of newly blossomed roses with hints of vanilla and cinnamon. Small rose petals dancing behind her, around her ankles and occasionally around her hair.
    Hedgespun equipment

Hedgespun equipment:

+ 1 Defense

Hedgespun level 0:

Hedgespun Choker (0)
    Mien: Woven threads of glistering amber with the the sun, moon and star woven from the light they belong to lightly glistening when any form of light hits them.
    Equipment

Purse
    Mirror
    Sewing gear - (various, sheer's, thread's, needles, measuring tape, a couple of buttons, seam ripper)
    Hair/bobby pins
    Zippo lighter
    Ankle bracelet D+1
    Pepper Spray
    Sunglasses
    MM's
    Doggie treats
    Battle

Defense:
    Shield+1/2
    Anklet+1
    contract+2

+2
    SL
    PRE

Quickly and silently closing the door behind her. Softly replying to his words.
    "If you have any particular kind you fancy or something else that you prefer so would I love to hear about it." It would make it so much easier to give him gifts in the future.

Slowly backing towards a chair of her own, giving him a quick look over, had his connection wit the wyrd increased or was he hurt somehow?
    "How are you feeling? Have your wounds healed properly?" He hadn´t been seen much lately but he did get a wound a couple of months back.

Sitting down and taking out a small notebook.
    "Well yes and no, my studies mainly takes me where the class in school goes but I do have looked over folklore from across the world and I am trying to learn as much as possible. Still one thing I do wonder about is where does the names of the kiths come from? Did we decide on them, did the humans and the tales that have been told about us or did it come from elsewhere?" Giving him a moment to let her words sink in "I am still wondering why my male brothers the Incubus is both a kith and a being we can use to guide us through dreams."

"It should also be said that part of my interest lies in seeing what tales could be us, what tales aren´t us and to see what tales have grains of truth in them. We are not the only none human things that hides amongst humans so who knows what tales aren´t connected to us or which ones that are from others not to mention which ones that are just tales made up by humans."

Taking a deep breath wow she had just thrown out a lot.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes shrugs slightly. "I have always been a fan of traditional Scotch. Highland or Islay, if one can get it."

As she approached, he felt the heightened feeling of her mantle, but at her questions he switched to an impassive mask, a well-practiced gential smile that gave nothing away. "I am quite well, I assure you."

The Dread Lord does not answer straight away, but laces his fingers in front of him. "Well... it is not something I have considered in great detail. However, many of the names are inherited from Western mythology - Greek, or Latin. Others have simply changed with the times, like my own kith, Dancers, or Larcenists." He blinks slowly. "Some are hangovers from common tongures of folklore in early english, and have different names in other languages. But with regards to yourselves.... Incubi have always had more of a connection to sleeping and dreams, reaching woman in their sleep than Succubi, who were seen as demons to tempt men to sin. Catholic Biblical nonsense, of course, but that formed the initial divide that remains until this very day. The Incubi that navigat the Skein have no connection to the changelings that are essentially male Succubi."

He stares intently at Yamiyo for some time again before answering. "Fascinating.... you are quite right. Many tales could be us, or could be the other creatures that exist in the world - vampires and werewolves, to name but two, certainly exist. The only way of knowing is to recover literature that is linked definately to the Wyrd or the hedge. Hedgespun, or refers to changeling references by explicit name. Anything else.... Well. It's why we call it folklore or occult rather than History. Many of our records are Oral. Discenting fact from fiction is a lifetime of work. I pride myself on knowing more than most.... but a lot of that is from experience, direct teaching, or these rare discernable sources. Knowing the nature of the Fae, for example, is exceedingly difficult. I know what is likely, but one odf the Gentry as is different to another as I am to you. The rest is prediction and practice in action." He spread his hands wide. "I simply embrace that lot in life, that pursuit of knowledge - and using it against those that tortued us."

Yamiyo Lillich
    Striking looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Presence
    (Unknowing temptress)
    Narcissus’s Blessing
    (Romancer Kith)
    Dexterity
    Mantle (spring)
    Yamiyo Lillich

Mien:

Mask:

Mantle:
    Hedgespun equipment

Hedgespun equipment:

+ 1 Defense

Hedgespun level 0:

Hedgespun Choker (0)
    Equipment

Purse
    Mirror
    Hair/bobby pins
    Zippo lighter
    Ankle bracelet D+1
    Pepper Spray
    Sunglasses
    MM's
    Doggie treats
    Battle

Defense:
    Shield+1/2
    Anklet+1
    contract+2

+2
    SL
    PRE

"I shall make sure to remember that for the future, I hope the Christmas gift were to your liking."

Placing a hand over her heart giving him a serene smile.
    "That is nice to hear, if you ever feel unwell so have I been dedicating a lot of my free time lately for the studies of medicine and can always be of assistance." Looking away for a moment. "Naturally my skills are not at Titanias level but they are slowly increasing at least."

Taking notes as he talks.
    "That is one of the hard things though, did we decide the names and then spread them, did the humans decide the names and we accepted them or does the connection to the skein, the dreams themselves spread the names through the subconscious shared connection whilst we sleep?" Softly giggling. "Well true the incubi have more there but there are plenty of tales of Succubus who steals the seed of men whilst they sleep as well. But you are right the temptress side is more commonly known." And quite used in modern TV and similar. "I do know that there is no real connection it just feels a bit odd to share a name then again with the Wyrd so can there always be seeds of chaos and that may be a part of it however small."

Backing up closer against the chair, looking down into her notes and lightly blushing from his stare as her mantle briefly flares up, feeling her spine shiver for a second.
    "What vampires are real as well?" Perhaps not a grand surprise if werewolves were real so why not them to? "There are also those who can wield some form of magic, I do not know how it works though just that it exists." Shining up for a second. "And there we have it, the pursuit of knowledge that is the fun part. To learn more and with our advantage of knowing and being able to see what few others can, our ability to travel where most cannot and find lore and tales long forgotten by mankind. Now that is a dream. That is a shame though, if to much is oral so is a death far to tragic and the loss of far to much. To try and find as much as possible and write it down could be interesting and save much also if the information cannot be harmful to freely share it with other freeholds."

Watching him with fascinated eyes.
    "Who taught you and would you mind sharing a few stories of what you have seen?"

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

There is a simple nod in response to her offer.

"Ah, well. That is very much a chicken and egg question. We were all human, once. We do not lose the influences of the societies we grew up in, even though some are taken over by others. Ultimately, while curious, it is a question of little consequence. The names are what they are." Rhodes spreads one hand lazily. "Precisely. We can try and decipher the Wyrd's movements for an age and never be te better for predicting it's actions. Some things are easier to accept, especially those we cannot change."

Anther simple nod, and his sinister smile returns. "Oh yes." Overly large eyes blink slowly. "Indeed, ours is far from the only magic in the world... although I have spent more time focused on our own than any other." He listens, eyes never moving from the small spring in front of him. "'Fun' is somewhat subjective. I consider it necessary. A vocation. Often it is not fun or enjoyable, but it drives the Leaden Mirror. Gives us meaning." He shakes his head. "Attend, Miss Lillich - the more that is written down, the more that can fall into the hands of humans, Loyalists or others. Many have thought as you do - myself included - but it is rare to find one that puts sufficient effort into the production of such works. Diaries are more common than actual tomes.... those that exist are usually secreted in Hollows not only for their protection but that of the knowledge as well. It is why there are Courts and Entitlements specifically to pass on our Lore to those that seek it out - gatherings that surpass Freeholds in their reach and influence."

The Dread Lord shifts in his chair, an eyebrow arching. No-one had actually asked before, save Sera. "Shortly after I emerged from the hedge, I was collected by a group of Autumn courtiers. I took to their philosophy as a fish to water, and was initiated within a few weeks. I was apprenticed to the Witch of the Bitter Winds - the Autumn specialist of the Occult matters for a Freehold. From there I earned the title myself, terrorised a Freehold in the art of Fear, undertook several contracts and then pursued a Fae Monster across the Southwest."

2 successes

Rhodes has Rigid Mask - to see through his obfuscation is Wits+Empathy-2 if you want to.

Yamiyo Lillich
    Striking looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Presence
    (Unknowing temptress)
    Narcissus’s Blessing
    (Romancer Kith)
    Dexterity
    Mantle (spring)
    Yamiyo Lillich

Mien:

Mask:

Mantle:
    Hedgespun equipment

Hedgespun equipment:

+ 1 Defense

Hedgespun level 0:

Hedgespun Choker (0)
    Equipment

Purse
    Mirror
    Hair/bobby pins
    Zippo lighter
    Ankle bracelet D+1
    Pepper Spray
    Sunglasses
    MM's
    Doggie treats
    Battle

Defense:
    Shield+1/2
    Anklet+1
    contract+2

+2
    SL
    PRE

"But isn't it the curious ones task to see if they can find answers that truly do not seem to have one? Either cause no one thought of it before or just cause they might have a chance to find an answer that wasn't possible before which might lead to new things or just give experience for the next question?" A chance to see how he viewed learning would be interesting to behold. "Well it's good to be there to dare to challenge yourselves but sometimes you need to know when to quit as well."

Raising a finger towards him.
    "Now there we have a question though, is our things truly magic or what is magic? If we speak of our grander powers so do they stem from contracts which means that in a sense so are we either allowed to use a loophole in the laws that makes up the world or we are allowed entry into understanding and calling forth the Wyrd to make an alteration but it is bound in a contract hence is it really magic or what is it really? If we use folk tales as an example so could it very well be that the Wyrd which empowers us are created by the humans view, their beliefs and have over an unfathomable amount of time been able to write itself into a piece of reality that we can tap into whilst strengthening and serving it. Or am I thinking to deep here?" She had a tendency to do so.

"Well for me it is fun, perhaps that is good though gives us a chance to view things differently and perhaps a chance to one day be able to aid one another far better than just one approach ever can." If she ever managed to get that far. "Hmm my knowledge of our orders are not grand but then perhaps there is one dedicated to this task with safe ways that I could one day find my way to, or is that just a hope I should forget about?"

"Were those studies around here or somewhere else or even this country?"

Yamiyo sees no reason to doubt the words of the dread lord, they do not speak against something she knows nor sounds illogical and will buy it fully without even suspecting anything.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Emerald eyes blink slowly. "Perhaps, and there is some truth in what you say... but the Ashen Court has always focused more on turning our magical talen back on the Gentry... and so have I. I have always soughts practical magical answers when necessary. The semanitcs of how our language developed, how these names cam eto be... these are of little interest to me. I am sure there are Changeling scholars among the Leaden Mirror that are fascinated by such a topic, but as Dread Lord I am required to consider more practical magics, and less with curiousities."

A smile spreads slowly over the Autumn Monarch's face.... but his eyes are dark, lacking humour. "Philosphy of magic is such a fascinating topic, is it not? There are many kinds of magic in this world. Does it truly matter how it comes into being? Contracts are, at their essance, manipulations of the mortal world as it is in ways that defy the natural patterns. What is that if not magic? Simply becuase contracts have rules? All magic must have rules, even arbitary ones, even ones we do not understand - or it cannot be harnessed and employed in any practical measure. We call our magic "Contracts" because they come from binding agreements with the Wyrd, just as our Captors do. They are an agreement, paid for in the emotions harvested from mortals. Why emotions? It is simply what was desired from the Wyrd. Why? We cannot say. One of the rules of our magic is the Wyrd is ineffable and in many ways, unknowable. We have cheated muct out of if from use of catches in the contract terminology... in return it is fickle and like to change things on it's terms. Whether this means it has a consciousness of sorts... one that acts for or against us as it sees fit... many have considered. I do not see it as practical to consider such approaches and leave that to the pure academics. All I know is it is fickle, and if it chooses to overwrite our needs, it can and will. To fool with magic is to play with fire, and any contract should not be employed lightly." He breathes slowly, watching Yamiyo's reactions to his words.

Rhodes shakes his head slowly. "There are many paths we walk in this world, and there are many Entitlements dedicated to many paths. I do not know them all - some are highly secretive, only ever make themselves aware to the candidate once they have been watched and considered carefully. Those I know of tell me all have a philosophy, and this matters more to them than any other. If you are forging a specific path, it is likely your name will reach the ears of those that walk the same road, and the potential candidate may be approached, tested, or simply offered a place in their ranks, depending on the requirements, demands and rules of the order. My recommendation would be to follow your vocation - if there is a group dedicated to it's path, you will find them, or they you."

A small smile, his voice is barely more than a whisper. "My studies were in America. Any travels since my Durance were either for my studies, or for one other."

Yamiyo Lillich
    Striking looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Presence
    (Unknowing temptress)
    Narcissus’s Blessing
    (Romancer Kith)
    Dexterity
    Mantle (spring)
    Yamiyo Lillich

Mien:

Mask:

Mantle:
    Hedgespun equipment

Hedgespun equipment:

+ 1 Defense

Hedgespun level 0:

Hedgespun Choker (0)
    Equipment

Purse
    Mirror
    Hair/bobby pins
    Zippo lighter
    Ankle bracelet D+1
    Pepper Spray
    Sunglasses
    MM's
    Doggie treats
    Battle

Defense:
    Shield+1/2
    Anklet+1
    contract+2

+2
    SL
    PRE

Giving him a soft nod.
    "That sounds logical however as I am not of the autumn court but rather just someone who find the delight of being able to study a field where I can see, understand, relate and be able to find parts of stories that no normal human ever could so are our focuses wildly different. But that also means that it would be stupid of me not to ask better to know where your interests lie to know what parts I must seek for myself and what parts you might be able to impart on me."

"Fascinating yes but as I now know that there are others without feeling a doubt so does it matter more than ever. Magic can basically be broken down into two parts either it's the classic of just being science that we do not yet understand and if that would be true so would it be grand as that is harmless in the grander scale. Now the second part is magic that needs a source of power to be drawn upon which if we look to tales and with our understanding so could it be power from a demon, some connection with nature, our connection with the Wyrd or perhaps the classic one of mana which can be all from an external source, be along with the ley lines or just be internal chi or ki of the human." Magic were far to diverse in tales. "However the relevance here comes when you start to take into consideration who can gain it's power, what is the price and how many different true power sources are there? Let's take us for an example yes we utilize contracts that we fuel by harvesting emotions from humans in a way that as far as we know is harmless but what is the price in the grand scheme? Does each usage of power that we fuel into it strengthen the Wyrd slowly but steadily, are we just feeding it to keep it's hunger at bay or is there someone or something else gaining power as we channel our stored emotions into it? What does it gain in return and if it does gain something what does every other power source gain from their practioners? Be it fickle so does that not mean a will or purpose, is our harvesting and expenditure of glamour helping to create chaos in the world or strengthen the gentry or someone even above them? The more we toy around with tricks beyond the average human perhaps the more weary we should be." Her eyes focused on him, seeming to take in his words only to wanna hear how he would respond to her various thoughts in return as scattered and uncertain as they might be.

A soft frown washing over her for a second, memories of her talk about orders with her Queen filling her mind it seemed to hold a lot of things she really didn't wanna dig into.
    "If you would ever hear of one close to what I spoke of so would I highly appreciate you telling me of it's existence. No name, no clues nothing else than that it does exist. If that cannot be said so do I understand as well, secrets are important for a reason."

Damn he skipped a lot there basically telling her nothing but then again everyone needed to have the chance to open up when they were ready no matter how small the thing were. Smiling for a second trying to see if she could make his mind wander to a more happy place.
    "Ohh I don't know, you seemed to have a lovely time in France. I hope that my Christmas gift didn't hit all to wrong, you're a hard man to give gifts to."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread