Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Criminal Intent: Making things right

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

"Good evening, most respected Twist. I regret the vulgarity of having to speak to you over such lines, and without the proper honorifics you are due. To uphold certain practices." The cultured voice of Mr. Kowalsic speaks to Achon Twist, Duchess of Sacramento and Priscus of the Daeva.

"I have a few regrets over how I have handled this matter. I can assure you, I am not proud of my conduct when addressing certain potential embarassment that happened regarding the artist. I do hope that I can make appropriate apologies to you, in person. On the immediate matter, I have spoken with my people placed in the police department. You have some time to leave the area.

I also hope that we can speak to Mr. Heinrich, and any he has told about certain words I spoke without thought. In order to ensure your reputation does not suffer, and that I can make appropriate recompense. My associates have told me you acquired the artists' misguided work. I hope we can see eye to eye on destroying it. I assure you, my first thought in dispatching Mr. Heinrich was the quick apprehension of the artist and the destruction of that painting in your possession.
    Would you care to meet me?"

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap the coyote stands ready to run or duck or otherwise preserve himself from an attack. At the same time, he strains to hear what is being said on the phone...and waits for the opportunity to present his own perspective to Twist, in private.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist nods an absent thanks to the ghoul as she moved to enter the sedan, the smooth voice of Mr. Kowalsic's sounding in her ear. Idly she wondered if the coyote, she no longer considered it a threat as it clearly wasn't going to attack, was going to stay with the ghouls or follow.

[color="#663366"]"Circumstances sometimes force such actions,"[color] Twist replied into the phone, her voice understanding. "And thank you. I believe we are able to leave without further delays, which is my intent."

Touching the place where the painting was safely held, "Yes, the painting and the artist have been ... acquired. Perhaps not as smoothly as wanted, but ultimately any damage that may have been done with a showing has been prevented."

Pausing, her voice was dry as she continued, "And yes, ultimately it will of course need to be destroyed. It would not do for such a potential breach to remain in existence."
    But not just yet. Oh no. There were ... other issues to address first. But that conversation could wait.

"And yes- I think a meeting would be good. I too would like the opportunity to speak to Mr. Heinrich. And yourself." Her words were simple, delivered calmly. But she was the Prince's Hound. And that very fact lent a certain amount of ... threat to anything she said.

It was something she was aware of.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

5. Likes Ruach liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

"Excellent, your Grace. I shall reach out to Mr. Heinrich and arrange a good time. If it is suitable for you, we can meet at one of my havens presently.
    If not, I understand if you wish to name another location.

I have admitted my failings to her Grace, the most respected Lady of Italian descent. She is already aware of my prideful mistake, so that any damages done by the sharing of my ill words has been contained. Hopefully Mr. Heinrich has been discreet."
    There was of course, the hint of question there.

"I appreciate the effort that you have extended, and wish to show my appreciation."
    The driver exited snd held the rest door open for Twist. The second ghoul moves to the passenger side door, watching the coyote with curiousity.

7. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap watches, as he does. If Twist is getting into the car, he watches her. If she is still in it, and the vehicle leaves, he watches it leave, making absolutely sure that he has no opportunity tonight at least, to speak with her alone. When it is gone, he turns and trots off to find a dark, unobserved alley.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

So Ale already knew did she? That was good to know, if a bit surprising. She wondered if this meant that one of the three dispatched was in the running for the currently vacant Reeve position.

"As tonight is the first that I have heard of events, I believe you can rest assured that Mr. Heinrich has been discreet." Twist replied smoothly. And given that it was Dirt Nap who had reached out to her and not Edward at all, she imagined it would have remained that way until Edward saw an advantage to the inclusion of herself.

At least, it was Dirt Nap wasn't it? She hadn't seen him all evening despite the text. Her eyes narrowed thoughtfully out the door at the coyote standing there even as she reached into her pocket to pull out her phone.

Upon activating the screen, she noted the new message icon and quickly pushed to read the brief text from Edward.

"Of course," she replied into the mouthpiece of the borrowed phone. It was only right he do so. Cleaning up another's breach was no small matter after all. "In regards to the meeting, I look forward to it." She considered telling him that she was intending to meet with Edward now. And presumably Mable ... and Dirt Nap? The we was unclear in his text and again, dark eyes flickered thoughtfully to the coyote outside the vehicle. But in the end decided not to. She wanted to hear from the group sent to clean up after him prior to meeting with him.

For reasons.

10. Likes Ruach liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

" That is good." Mr. Kowalsic replies to Twist's response. "My associates shall drive you wherever for the evening. They are trained at being unobtrusive, and shall be pleased to stay with the vehicle so you can conduct your affairs. Charles and Johnathan are somewhat skilled in combat, should you need to dispatch them. I have communicated they are to listen to your instruction for the evening."

And so they couldn't report anything, presumably, if that was a concern.

"I look forward to our meeting, Your Grace. I shall make myself availiable at [address] tonight. "

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

The coyote seems concerned at all the attention it seems to be getting. It steps back a little, into the shadows. It's eyes still glitter in reflected light from what little lighting is outside. It sits, obviously still ready to bolt at a moment's notice, but also obviously waiting for something, wanting to see some resolution and unwilling to leave until it happens.

Dirt Nap waits patiently to see whether the Duchess will indeed take the offered gift of confinement and control of her movements and contacts, or whether an opportunity, no matter how brief might still allow for him to speak with her in private before he heads off to report to the Prince on his night's activities and observations.

He feels he owes Twist what explanation of his text and actions he can give her, but he does not owe the ghouls or their master any whiff of information about himself, his doings or his whereabouts.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I appreciate the offer but I have a vehicle ready that I would prefer not to leave here. Your associates have already been most helpful tonight and I would hate to take any additional advantage."

Twist decided not to mention that she was fairly certain that she could get the ghouls to do her bidding even without his permission. It was a bit rude to do to another's ghouls what she had done. Though the pulling of guns did give some leeway in the matter.

Making note of the address provided, she continued, "I look forward to it as well. Is there a preferred number to use to let you know of when I will arrive?"

First she would need to text Dirt Nap to let him know that she was leaving to the farm. Edward and Mable already knew. And then join them. After that get together, she or they as a whole could make their way to Mr. Kowalsic. But she definitely wanted to get more information before that meeting.

15. Likes Ruach liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

"Yes, please contact me at 555- 7145. I look forward to meeting with you, Your Grace. Let me know if I can be of assistance in this matter.". Mr. Kowalsic's voice came back over the line, calm and respectful.

17. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread