(Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra nods, "Well, sure. I'm glad that you feel that way. I just wanted to make sure as of late that you weren't feeling unintentionally isolated at all. Especially knowing that you are used to being more on the outside."

There is a confused look on the Fairest's face as the Wizened tells her about the Spring Coronation. "Oh, wow. Spring should be an experience. It's the bringing in of life after the frost. A fest of some of the best parties that can be thrown. That is... disappointing. There must have been something between Winter and Spring that kept them from being able to put together something proper." Even Ygraine could put together a grand occasion.

"And having you as barkeep..." she shakes her head, "I do hope we'll see something special this year then. With the work I've seen Sera do with decoration, I can't imagine they can't together something spectacular. Then again, I know she's been so busy. Still. We've been busy too."

"John is doing wonderful though," she says with a rather sweet smile. "Things are moving and coming together." So much to rebuild when everything seems to have been lost. Everything. Not a single thing left of old Winter.

"On that note of things coming together. Are there any projects you are working on?"

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

"Who? Me? Nothing coming together yet. But things are travelling together in the right direction. Exploring a motley. And I'm looking at converting some investments into something... potentially... physical. And of some use to the Freehold here. The motley and the ... physical investment... are closely linked, you might say."

Rather delicately, Anatole lifted his tea. It was a deliberate move: hiding behind his drink, he was drawing out the Winter Courtier once more.

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

The Fairest's lips turn sightly upward into a grin as the Wizened describes his 'project'. The way he says it gives her the distinct feeling that there was more than he was leading on. Plotting. She shouldn't like the sound of that as much as she does.

They are pooling resources to get something 'tangible' for the Freehold. But what? And who, for that matter? There are only so many of us... She has already begun calculating in her head who could be in on whatever this is. If anything, unlikely the monarchs. Or Sonnie, if you want anything hidden. Probably not Yamiyo based on status, but maybe I'm wrong. Who does that leave?

She nods her head, "Interesting. So, you are forming, or have formed, a motley and you are trying to put together something physical by pooling your resources? I am not scarce for resources. If you would like assistance for your venture, with more information, I could certainly help." There is this... distinctly Winter look to her emerald eyes, though her expression is polite all the same.

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

"Oh... You want in do you? I'd have to talk to my associates first."

Anatole chuckled.

"The physical project is mostly me. For the moment. Something to complement the motley. We're mostly in agreement. Trust, of course, has to be proven. But lets just say that I... We... Are contemplating expanding the reach of the Freehold. And in securing some place that is more safe than what we have now."

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra chuckles, "Well, I like more detailed information before I commit to anything," One can't throw things in blindly.

"Expanding the reach of the Freehold is an excellent thing to do. I'll admit, I was surprised that this Freehold is contained to this amusement park. All courts. It's an easy target. We should have our hands in different areas, both physically and financially where we can. We are very small though, so I know that isn't as possible as one would like, but..." She shrugs, "It's good that someone would like to do something about it. Unless I am misunderstanding what you mean."

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Anatole was finishing off his tea which was rapidly growing tepid and cold as their engrossing conversation continued.

"Mmmm. And I thank you for saying so. You could say I've felt that way, too. Took me a while but I got there. At first I was just glad to be part of a Freehold again. But over time... A certain disquiet crept in. I fell we have outgrown the amusement park. It doesn't suit us. Apparently Edna's ghost house has a proper history appropriate to the Ash... but its been shoehorned into a plaything. And... Fear is not something you play with."

He discarded the empty cup.

"Plus some of us feel we should look after our own in a more overt fashion. Sure the amusement park can provide jobs - but with so many of us itinerant or simply passing through, that doesn't exactly provide hospitality or companionship. We need a place where we can be... well, us. Without worrying about muggle hordes or double speak."

"One of my associates had an idea to purloin something belonging to an enemy and turn it to our own use. I'm looking into that. I've nearly got the resources now to actually do it".

He rested his hand on the table, fingers curled into a light fist so only his gnarled knuckles showed.

"I do wonder how well it would be received though. If we expanded beyond Funderland. How would that affect the balance you are trying to establish?"

7. Likes Aeolus liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra listens, nodding as the Wizened goes along. This had been exactly what she had been thinking the moment she arrived at this Freehold. Having 'separate' areas of a theme park isn't enough. It doesn't provide any benefit that directly aids truly any court in the manner in which it should.

"I don't see how it should negatively effect the balance of the Freehold. Not unless one group is specifically looking at encroaching on the finances and areas of the other courts. Each court needs their own home ground, regardless of how large or small that is. And you're right, some of us prefer it small. More covert. Or, just simply useful."

She takes a breath, considering her next line of thought. This clearly isn't something she's just thought of today.

"Logistically, each court should be taking care of their own as we have other Lost that pass through, courtless through the high monarch. Given the way others treat their courts as a social group, this would actually be beneficial. They won't be contained to a park with a small room or be within Hollows in order to speak properly. Of course, this Freehold has work to do with its double speak in the first place."

"Taking something from the enemy though, that's an interesting idea. Depending on the type of resource, that could be more than beneficial. Done strategically... yes." That's an incredibly intelligent idea. Who might have come up with that one? Her mind already had inklings if Anatole was not claiming it himself.

"Okay. My mind is more than curious about the whos in this group of yours. Likely no monarchs, but that doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't include John based on how long ago this plan was established. Unlikely you have Sonnie or Yamiyo in on this. Sonnie would be in the ear of Sera in a split second and I don't trust Yamiyo with secrets. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Ram possibly? That's a tossup. If Gerrit were, I would know about it. And Vivian is brand new, unless you've snatched her up. So..." she taps her finger against her lip, "That leaves us with... Titania, which based on relationship, wouldn't be surprising. John sounds like more than a possibility when it comes down to it. And if you do have Gerrit, I will be incredibly impressed."

"How has my logic tracked?"
    She watches him curiously.

9. Likes Yumyumcrow, Aeolus liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Anatole only grinned - a smile which grew wider and more cat-like the longer the Fairest spoke. When she got to naming names, one might have wondered if there was a Beast kith in there, given how his cheshire-cat smile cut through his effusive curls.

Anatole said nothing to support or deny Cassandra's assertions. He only made a show of looking at the time.

"Damn, time flies. We've spoken away most of the night!"

With one day left we have well and truly run out of time. This was Excellent. We should do this again!

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

The Wizened's smile just makes her grin. Oh the plots. Maybe she did miss a good plotting... And this one would likely be good for the Freehold. Or at least, lead to more interesting things.

"Yes, it does. I suppose we will have to do this again sometime soon," She says with a knowing smile before standing and getting herself ready to head out. The evening had been more than enlightening and full of spice. The real question is, what is she going to do with it?

Definitely! Was super fun and I think this is a perfect place to end. Looking forward to possible future plotting!

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread