Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

It is still Winter.

The day had been cool with an almost cloudless, azure, sky; this had remained right up to dusk which hinted at a cold night of frosts. While the workers at the theme park scurried home, deep in their coats and scarves, a stunted man with effusive curls and broad shoulders had arrived and opened up Edna's House.

He didn't stray far from the kitchen this time. Coat on peg, he pottered and cleaned while the day transitioned into night.

Then he put out a little lantern on the porch and placed a few bottles of lemonade and ginger bear on the sideboard.

Anatole returned to the porch, leaning against the old wood while he waited...
    Cassandra Reeding had spoken briefly to him at the Coronation but they had not had chance to continue (or develop, even) their conversation due to her dance and her recital. So he had left the Fairest a message - a time and a place. He was curious to what the Polychromatic had to say.
    Shenanigans

2. Likes Shenanigans liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Getting to know people she'd barely had the time to get true etchings of had always been stressful to her, but then, that had been her job for a long time, hadn't it? Perhaps it is more, getting to know people with no insidious ulterior motive to suppress the anxiety. Since her time with her previous motley, she hadn't spent much time with Autumn courtiers. Then again, after Dr. Whyte, she'd have been content to mostly distance herself from the more experimental, yet reclusive court. But no, getting to know the whole Freehold was important to her.

As she arrives at the address Anatole had provided, Cassandra takes a moment to breathe, letting those anxieties flow off of her like water. She adjusts her long, scarlet hair, the pin-straight locks flowing down to her hips as she tucks one of the locks framing her face behind her ear. Looking in her rearview mirror, she can see the way her rainbow hues shift in calm pastels. Good. She knew the moment she exited her vehicle, she'd be just fine.

She gets out of her car and observes Anatole leaning against his porch and she offers a faint smile with a little wave, walking closer before greeting him fully, "Good evening, Anatole." It was a brisk evening, when she thought about it. Cool and calming. "I'm glad we are finally getting a chance to chat. The coronation was far more involved than I had been expecting."

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

"Well hello there."

Anatole smiled and pushed himself off the porch so he was standing straight and unaided.

"Don't worry about it. Coronations usually are - no! Should be! - more involved. Haven't seen a Court put on a bash that could challenge the Emerald here for partying. And I think you Onyx did it much better. Raised the bar."

He beamed, teeth flashing through his effusive curls.

"How about we go inside? The kitchen will be warmer. And I've got some lemonade or ginger beer if you'd like. Or I can brew us a pot of tea. Please."

The wizened dwarf was all polite formality. He gestured with a hand, leading the Fairest into the warm glow of the kitchen.

"What did you want to talk about?"

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra grins at Anatole's compliment of the Onyx coronation. She'd been hoping they'd raise the bar for Freehold festivities. "Oh, good. Well then all is going according to plan," she says teasingly with a chuckle. "It was very anchoring putting together a more traditional Winter fete."

Things certainly felt more balanced since Winter had come, whether that is due to the balance of the seasons coming back or general ease of Winter is unknown to her.

"Oh, tea would be lovely if it isn't too much trouble."
    She says, gives a polite smile and a nod before following him into the kitchen of his home, taking a moment to get a look at her surroundings.

"Well, at this point, I have gotten to have at least one in depth conversation with everyone in the Freehold save yourself. Naturally, I'd like to remedy that, especially as so many speak so highly of you."
    She offers another smile, though inwardly she is trying to make sure she doesn't come off like she is trying to gather up intel.

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Anatole moves indoors and while he offers a seat to the Fairest, he focusses his attention on making the tea. As a result, he has to speak with his back facing Cassandra. It isn't the best of situations and he tries to speak over his shoulder, with varying success.

"Ha! I must be doing something right! Now that does surprise me."

"Yes. I think you are right. Winter's Season does have that undercurrent of community. It is the quiet time of taking stock and renewing bonds, don't you think. Spring is all frantic energy. Summer is all about action. And I guess that leaves Autumn for mystery."

"So. Just a conversation, eh? Well. I arrived here about a year ago now, having left my old freehold and rode the lam till my cash ran out. That place was my first freehold after getting out from... That Place. Never felt quite at home there, despite the offers of help. Didn't belong really. My escape was... mercenary... so it wasn't like I had friends by the time I got out."

The kettle was an old type that had to be boiled over a hot stove; it whistled loudly, a banshee keen. Anatole paused to pour the tea.

"They have a big problem with a rogue Ash Queen from San Francisco here. She had a pet Ogre - Iron Meg - and was using her as a cudgel. I got me an interview with said Iron Meg; she was going to teach me more about Autumn - Fear - possibly even kill me as an example to this Freehold. Unfortunately for her, I told the rest of the Freehold. I lured her out. They jumped her. Killed her. For some reason they think I'm a big shot because I called out Queen Anne's lieutenant - but truth be told she almost killed me."

He handed over a steaming cup of tea.

"I lived but was crippled. Titania of the Emerald Court called on the magics of her Court to cure my wounds. If anything you should be thanking her."

8. Likes Shenanigans liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"I can agree with that statement. Winter is a time for healing, mending bonds, mending wards, mending wounds from fights and experiments gone wrong, among many other things. Of course, we are also infamous for our tough love approach to things." Or lack thereof. One does not always have the luxury of second chances. She takes a seat, sitting up in a graceful manner, listening intently as the Wizened speaks. Her head nods to certain aspects of his story, indicating interest and attentiveness. She smiles and nods a thank you as he hands her the cup of tea.

"Fighting is the easy part. You already have the danger in front of you, lunging at you, and you must decide then and there what to do," she starts, taking a moment to blow a breath of freezing air upon the rim of the cup. The steam rising up disperses with the chilled breath. Sitting in that room, out of the natural cold, her mantle is more evident. A freezing breeze that is somehow simultaneously warm, like rays of sunlight touching upon the skin. "Taking that first step of 'calling out', knowing that it is going to cause a domino effect, ripples of danger for yourself and possibly others, that is the hard part. At least, it always has been in my mind. Though I doubt this is the first time someone has said that to you."

"Still, both odd and yet unsurprising that the Autumnal air still favors the unseelie rogue. I wonder if stripping the fear of her would have any effect." She takes a sip of the tea, basking for a moment in the warmth of it. "I am sorry you still have to deal with the aftermath of that." She manages having a tone that does not so much carry pity as it does an air of respect.

"Ellie is quite incredible, isn't she? Very much a boon to the Freehold. She and Sera both with their healing abilities, and I know Yamiyo is trying very hard to join them. This Freehold, while small, is far more unified than my previous one. Feels odd knowing it has been almost half a year."
    Things always did move too quickly. "I have also only had one other Freehold I had called home. I suppose I am thankful that I felt very much a part of it. Sometimes one needs change, however. The politics and peacekeeping in a large Freehold is... overwhelming." There is an almost distant quality to her airy, alto voice, "So many opinions, similar, but just varied enough to cause arguments." As she sips her tea, her opalescent skin continues shifting in pastel hues, never too quickly or too brightly.

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Shadows pool under Anatole as he takes his seat. His Mantle is weak, and the effect is muted but the shadows around him are deeper; and the light seems to catch his face in an eerie, softer, way. The effect is subtle but one could very imagine how unsettling it would be once the dwarf's mantle expands and grows.

"Tough love has its place. Among our kind its probably for the best."

He paused, not certain how to respond.

"Well. I figured it had to be done and no one else seemed to have an idea how to do it. I saw an opportunity and I took it. Um... Yeah no one has really said it to me like you did. I'm not sure how Queen Anne is going to take it, either. She is an Ashen Queen so its not going to slow her down: she is Fear. But Iron Meg is going to hard to replace. Her loss might mean Anne's faction loose a few allies - either to them running off, or otherwise holding back now they have seen her loose a valuable piece. It gives us time. Maybe. If we are lucky, Anne will have to spend some time buttressing her own faction before she turns on us again."

He only grunted at Cassandra's comments of unity.

12. Likes Aeolus liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra nods as she listens, continuing to occasionally sip at her tea. Did he mean that in a good or bad way? "One can hope, especially as we are looking at pointing our attentions heavily on the Huntsman here soon. It would be nearly unmanageable to deal with both in full force. Though, this Freehold and its Lost are incredibly formidable given what Sera has told me of it's history and from what I've experienced.

"Though, I do find it interesting that we decided after the hotel to settle the major Hollows of the Freehold within a theme park, keeping everything together." She takes a moment to tuck a loose lock of her scarlet hair behind her ear.

"Mm, I have a tendency to get stuck in plots and politics and I know that isn't everyone's bag, so I apologize if I make anything too heavy."

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Anatole carefully drank his tea.

"Don't know much about this... Huntsmen. I've been more involved in the Queen Anne thing and trying to source safe Goblin Markets where we can trade... Which is, again, more of a Queen Anne thing."

A pause.

"Well now. I think you know more than I do. A hotel? How did that happen?"

The tilt of his head was all cat-like curiosity.

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"We are trying to rewrite the story of the Huntsman 21st century style with a viral video. Even if it doesn't work, it will be interesting. At some point, I do need to check out the Goblin Market here though..." She seems a little lost in thought with that one.

"Oh yes, the Four Seasons hotel I believe it was called? Each Court had their own section within it. Sera told me it was destroyed by a dragon. Lots of Lost suffered and died sadly in the attack. They rebuilt in Funderland. Sera is really the only one here who has been around long enough to know much of its history. A wealth of information. I'd actually been hoping that Autumn had some kind of an archive with more information. I never quite feel right not having more context for things. Autumn and Winter have always been the keepers of texts and secrets, after all." There is a faint grin that is difficult to read at that.

16. Likes Aeolus liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread