Watch

Movie Marathon at Skye's place

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze knocks on the door at the appointed time. He's dressed casually in black trousers and shoes and a solid grey shirt.

"Hello? Skye? It's Chris!" Kaze says. He knows she's probably left it unlocked, but he insists on hearing her say okay before opening it and letting himself in.

He's looking forward to sharing some classics with her. He's got an HDMI cable and phone charger and is ready to plug in to her tv and show her and Corn--if he hasn't seen them already--the wonder that is John Wick, all three movies! He figures the dog centered first and third movies will be her favorite.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

2. Likes liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Heading down to open after putting on the same outfit as last time. Really getting annoyed by the whole concept of wearing clothes in general, why were people so adamant about clothes.
    "Come on in, what kind of strange movies are these? Space western or something about some wicked man doing occult stuff whilst wearing the name John?" Honestly having no clue what these movies were. "Is anyone besides Corn coming?"

Her home linked atop her workshop meaning that you had to go in through the workshop and up the stairs to get to the rathe small apartment, it had a small hallway, a bathroom, a relatively large kitchen, a small wardrobe and a half large living room with a sleep alcove completed with curtains to make it a bit more private. Still the place looked nice and clean, every little damage that had been there had been repaired and fixed up along with new paint jobs.

Tables, chairs and various wooden furniture each being their own design and was clearly not something you could get in the store all of them having some odd symbol on them here and there which could be find if you just looked for it some more hidden than others though. The walls all being pretty empty though, a two and three seat couch in the living room along with one chair/recliner. True what she hadn't crafted herself came from second hand stores but that didn't mean they were bad and if they were so were she more than skilled enough to fix them up to look new and fresh. Lastly various pillows, blankets and covers placed out to be easy to grab if needed.

Wooden bowls, obviously hand crafter placed out with chips, popcorn, a bowl of guacamole three with mixed chocolate and candies. Same as last time he had been here but who knew if anyone else than him and Corn would come tonight.
    Various candy bars lying underneath the table on a handy bench underneath it to take, all the most popular types of soda standing ready to take of for anyone who wanted it along with several wooden goblets each having their own carved in symbol on them, it was clear that they were all handmade and all of them rather well made as well, the advantage of having a workshop to play around with. More soda were ready in the fridge along with more popcorn that could be popped and some spare candy, more than half of it having been leftovers from the Scooby night.

"I can go for the floor again, I don't mind that."

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"As far as I know, just him, yeah." Kaze says, laughing at Skye with all the questions. "You have to see it; John Wick is...well, I don't want to spoil it. There's a lot of violence, though, and it looks like it's set in the real world, but really it's an alternate type of world, where there's a secret--well maybe not secret--organization that runs everything, and he used to be in it, but got out because he found the love of his life, but he was really famous for how accomplished he was before he got out...yeah, I've already said too much!"

Kaze grins, "It's awesome. The main thing is, the people that made the movies and acted in them are committed to telling the story by action, not long, talky scenes where everyone dramatically just...tells you things." He says, excitedly. "It's like, kinesthetic story telling and acting! It's...it's just awesome."

"So, anyway, do you mind if I set it up? I just have to hook up the cable; I already downloaded the movies to my phone, so I don't need to cast, Aether Net or anything...." Kaze says, moving over to the tv and looking behind it, and coil of cable out of his pocket and uncoiling it, fitting an adapter to one end and putting it into his phone and plugging the other end into the back of the tv.

"Um, where's the...oh there it is." Kaze says absently moving to grab the remote, powering on the tv and changing the source to receive through the HDMI cable linked to his phone.

He fiddles with his phone and gets a picture on the tv in High Definition of the opening scene.

Kaze stares, transfixed for about a minute before he snaps out of it! "Oops! No spoilers!" Kaze says, running it back to the beginning and stopping the play.

Okay, as funny as it would be to make tongue in cheek comments about how the main character reminds us of someone, Winter has occultation and the faceclaim, so we shall NOT do ANYTHING of the kind. No one should at any point be reminded of or see any resemblance to Winter. Just stating that up front.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

Corn arrived dressed casually, kinda nervous to be invited to the sanctum of another mage. No spells are active. He keeps his sanctum like a normal home, but who knows with Skye? As he parked he gives Skye a call, lets it ring twice and hangs up. Then he buzzes her from the bell.

"This is me here!" he calls.
    When admitted in, he passes Skye a bottle of modest wine; of the quality one would buy when visiting an acquaintance's home for the first time and he looks around. Before he steps in, he asks Skye "Any... rules I should be aware of?" Or dangers. She may have a not-so-tame bear there. I would totally have a bear if I was a thyrsus and I wasn't engaged to a Sleeper.
    "Or anything I should watch for? Like ... any particular pets that require their space? Can I use freely language that is frowned upon outside the bookclub?"

Once he sees Kaze, he smiles. "Hey there! How are you? What are we watching..." Taking in the number of bowls "How many people do we expect?"
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

7. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

"To bad, more people would have been fun would have been quite nice to see Briar Rose. I know she doesn't really seem to like me but her harsh tone is quite soothing at times." If for nothing else so was it not new. "So basically the real world just as it is. Surely there are countless organisations out there under the radar, just look we exist so who knows how many groupings, beings and organizations there can be. Heck one really powerful of us could suffice countless normal humans with training beyond belief and so on it goes."

Just nodding in response, not really sure how to reply at all.
    "Yeah sure go ahead, you do know that I have internet access right? I do have a Wi-Fi as well with an annoying password to boot." At least for others.

Quickly pointing towards the screen and shouting out.
    "See what did I tell you! He looks just like a little older and more refined Constantine minus the whole British thing, wicked magic would totally have fitted in even the blood works well for it."

Quickly grabs the phone and replies only to hear him hang up and then the doorbell.
    "Why do both? Anyway Jacob is here so I am gonna go let him in."
    Walking down and quickly moving her fingers over her eyes, better be careful when a new face arrives. Looking towards her bow for a second it would be fun to open with a loaded LARP arrow but he doesn't seem to be the jester type instead grabbing one of her bone throwing knives.
    2 successes

Opening the door with the knife in hand.
    "Welcome." Taking the wine and looking at it, not knowing the best from the worst. "Thank you, I don't have a decanter though."

Shrugging.
    "Not really, don't pet the bear he tends to get cranky if you do other than that just act like a good person." Walking him through her workshop and up the stairs. "Well keep high speech inside and no smoking inside, don't want that scent to linger that's all and ohh take of your shoes, socks or barefoot is fine. Lastly not to sound rude, but any threatening spells lets just say no no, minor things and none offensive is fine though."

Showing him in.
    "Do you both want wine? I think it's better if it breathes." Clearly not having much wine knowledge.

Feel free to post around me if the two of you wanna talk.

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles indulgently as Skye compares the masterpiece that is John Wick to another, fantasy movie.

"Hey, Corn." Kaze says smiling and waving. "John Wick! I'm hoping we make it through all three. They're awesome. Have you seen them?"

"I didn't mention it to anyone. I guess Skye invited some people; it's just us so far."

"Sure." Kaze accepts some wine.

"There's no bear." He confides to Corn with a smile. "Pretty sure."

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

"Aha. Ha Ha..." he attempts to laugh at Skye's joke about the bear. He removes his shoes... and takes a look around for any signs of bear, tiger or anything of the kind. Although really, a bear fits better an Alaskan girl than a tiger. "I don't smoke." he tells her.

To Kaze he answers "Three movies? Neo-noir today? Fits the weather, but it's a bit lot to take in one go. It's six hours of movies or closer to 7 if we add in interruptions, bathroom breaks and chat. It would be Spring* before we end with these films despite us being in the middle of winter*! My fiance is away for business but I still have to give her a call.

But we can try. It is a good pick I would say. Although it would set a high bar for further movies with Skye. Perhaps we should have started with other neonoir movies.
    "

Then he addresses both of them with a smile. "So, to be clear, we're fine with being mages chilling? I was so much looking forward to this. For the year or so back in San Francisco that I was a mage, I was still finding out what being a mage means and being afraid of the supernatural, despite being part of it. By the time I was more confident on what was possible and what was dangerous I was heading back to my home town with no other mage to chill with. We did get together with a couple of other mages once and watched a bunch of b-movies with mages and laughed at them but that was once.

When we watch movies with friends, we have fun and stuff but I cannot use magic. When I watch alone, I can use magic but it's my magic only.
    In short, Kaze and Skye that wine aside, I can turn a pitcher of water to a winter stout beer, hopefully tasting like the one Aurora made which was honestly good. Then the Obrimos here can chill the beer. And if we get inebriated Skye will detoxify us.
    How does that sound? Isn't it better than wine?
    " he said with a smile. He clearly came prepared for a mage evening.

*I couldn't resist but I didn't really break the forth wall.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Opening the wine and carrying it out along with three wooden goblets.
    "I did mention it to Phoenyx but you know me, I do not really have that good a connection with people here. Think I tend to be to silly for most" lightly shrugging "life's short so having fun whilst you can is my melody."

"Good, never grasped why people do. It stinks and ruins your nails." Although she had started smoking marijuana since she were a pre teen but that was a different story.

Just nodding along not having a clue what neither noir or neo-noir meant at all, it was just pure Greek to her.

"Sure if you wanna do that go ahead, as long as the magic used around here isn't for harm or destruction so do I not really mind. I prefer honey mead though if I can have a free choice and that is best consumed warm. We used to make quite a bit of that back home growing up, it's a bit sweet true but very good."

Walking over to her and softly pulling the curtains apart.
    "Drăguță, come join me for the movie." Stretching in and grabbing her bear, proudly showing it to them both. "Meet my little bear" smiling happily "I got her with the birthday gift card I got from Kaze here along with another one to have back at my quarters at the circle."

"Anyway I will take the floor for the evening you both can decide if you wanna share the couch or wanna go one for the couch and one in the recliner, feel free to lay down on the couch."

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

The First Talon knocks at the door feeling a little conscious. What did one wear to things like this? She had settled on nothing out of the ordinary - her usual comfortable ready-to-fight attire. At least she would feel comfortable.

But all the over-thinking had caused her to run a little late. Hopefully not beyond notice.

She took a deep breath and waited.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles at Corn's eagerness and caution both. "Wow, I have questions! Like, 'you have a fiance'?' I mean, sorry, but if we're being 'mages chilling out', the most exciting part of that for me isn't about doing magic; it's about talking about life from the point of view of being a mage! Like, seriously, I really want to be able to have the kind of real, committed relationship that would lead to getting married, having a family and stuff like that. I would love to pick your brain for any advice or just you know, 'lessons learned' from you actually doing it!"

Then the knock at the door comes. "Um, hold that thought! I CALL 'RECLINER'!" Kaze shouts, followed by, "I'LL GET IT!"

He moves smoothly to the door, standing to one side and opening it, seeing it's Phoenyx.

Kaze grins. "Hey! Come on in! Have you seen the 'John Wick' movies? They're awesome!" He says sincerely enthusiastic in tone!

Phoenyx seems the same to Kaze's eyes, though Kaze might seem a little different in appearance since they last hung out, mostly in dressing in clothes that fit him well and putting a little more effort into grooming, and maybe seeming a little more confident.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread