Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP Half Pool: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2 | 3 w/ 2E Life Armour
    Occult 1

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5 | Spell Tolorancy 3

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: 2E LifeShield Pot 3, Life Sight Pot 3

PRE

Night was staining the sky an inky blue. Stars are probably twinkling, but this far into the city the artificial lights were the bright, loud, attention whores. Briar Rose looks up from the lines she just ran in a deep as fuck true black, as her phone beeps. Telling her it was around the time she told Kaze to meet her. She sets down the spray can, before she stands, stretching out. Hearing her back give a few stratifying cracks. With a yawn, she ambles over to where the fire escape would reach the roof.

Easy enough to get to it, and make sure it was lowered to the ground.

She takes in what she's done, three hours of work. She could call it done, but it isn't.

graffiti

Kaze Ruach
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower (half pool):
    Monthly Rits: 2E Life Armour/Life Sight (Duration 4/Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze climbs up the fire escape quietly, and careful not to unduly jostle or risk breaking the bottle of whiskey or the pair of shot glasses he carries in a brown paper bag.

"Hey." Kaze says quietly when he sees, Briar Rose.

"Wow." He says when he sees her work.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

PRE

"Hmm." for a grunt, she's staring at the wall, in the middle of reaching for the can again. "Eh." Eyes drifting to a pan of white and a roller.

She might need to say fuck it and start over.

Instead she shrugs, and flicks an eye over to Kaze, "Booze me."

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze does not hesitate! He smiles, nods and pours Briar Rose a shot of the whiskey!

He watches her artistic process with interest!

"It's good." He says, earnestly vague as to whether he's talking about her artwork or the whiskey.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

7. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

PRE

She knocks her shot back, humming with the burn and enjoying the flavour.

"It's not." scowling hard at the wall. Already up and hating it. There was a reason why most artists didn't like looking back at their previous pieces.

"Fuck it, whatever. So. The fuck's up with you?"

9. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze does not smile at Briar Rose's correction, though he wants to. Instead he nods seriously, like a student accepting correction from a Master. It's her prerogative as the artist, after all. It just shows that she does it for her, not for anyone else, or at least, not for him. Being allowed to see it is consideration enough.

He reflects for a moment tho, if the art comes from inside us, and we hate it...yeah, touchy subject for sure.

"I got a job." Kaze says, grinning. "It's an acting job, so maybe 'gig'?" He wonders. "Anyway, it's not 'art', but I am excited. It's an 'Amazon Original', and they're shooting a pilot, so...yeah, 'job' might be exaggerating a little. I get paid for acting in the pilot. Maybe it gets bought as a series, maybe not. Maybe if they do a series, they decide to cast someone else in my role, maybe not."

Kaze shrugs, still grinning. "Either way, it probably won't be good, and I probably really won't be good in it, but...it's my first gig; I'm excited. And scared."

11. Likes Aeolus, liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

PRE

Briar Rose blinks.

"Huh." comes out. "I didn't think you'd get this far this quick." because she'd known a busty blonde that was struggling for years before landing so much as that god awful hemorrhoid commercial. But busty blondes were a dime a dozen, strong, actually martially trained dudes who had acting chops weren't. Especially not ones who looked like him.

People could be a bag of dickweasels.

She raises her next shot and clearly, cheers, "Kanpai!" knocking it back. "So, side character? Possibly recurring one?" he might be quicker on the draw then she thought, but there's no way he'd land a lead first out.

unless the baka Obrimos had Fate.
    fuck.

13. Likes Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods. He thought he'd be working on it a lot longer too, maybe before even getting an audition, much less getting a part.

He drinks his shot enthusiastically when Briar Rose exclaims her toast and drinks!

Then she asks about the part.

Kaze sounds and looks a little embarrassed. "It was on a site, an open casting call. I did it, for the experience, you know? I went for a supporting role, someone Asian, in thier late twenties or early thirties, knows kung fu. The character is supposed to be a mature family man who kind of is in the background...." Kaze explains.

He shrugs and shakes his head. "Yeah, so I thought it went okay. They said they'd call me, and I didn't expect them to, really, but they did, and asked me to come back and audition for another part. A main character...he's a teenager, who's always hitting on women and gets violent, and...does archery...." Kaze's tone is very dubious. "They said they wanted me for it; they said I 'had the right look'."

He makes himself grin, and pours out more shots. "I mean...I took the job, of course. I just...I guess I'm a little disillusioned. I mean, I am totally sure there are people who auditioned for that part who would be way better for it. Like, as actors or just fitting the role."

Kaze says, "Cheers." Without his usual enthusiasm, a little ruefully. He drinks, but not all, savoring or stretching the shot glass.

"I'm getting some tips from Skye, so I won't look like a complete idiot."

15. Likes Aeolus, liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

PRE

"Ah." a shrug, that blew her slightly higher expectations, being so. Ugg. With the casting ask. Fuckers. "But like props or whatever." out of all the Asian actors who know Kung Fu, it was Kaze, who, y'know ahs seen live combat. "Wait. wait. wait." she blinks, "Fuck. Like, that's a shitty compliment If it is one. Like fuck. You don't look like a pervy violent teen. And do you even know archery?" or was the archery scenes, or whatever just gonna be stunt dudes and movie magic?

"Yeah. There would be. Like. People who want to be seen as pervy violent teenagers. Like. Ugg. Y'know?" she knocks back another shot, "And, Skye? An Arrow who uses arrows. Like." she groans again and rolls her eyes, "I know that trope's been done to death."

17. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze doesn't laugh. Doesn't want to let Briar Rose misunderstand and think he's laughing at her.

He smiles. "I didn't say he's a pervert. I mean, he's like, nineteen years old, and chases pretty girls. That's pretty normal, actually." He says patiently. "I just...I guess I was disappointed they thought that was a good fit for me. And the whole violent thing, they have a backstory, like, he grew up kind of like the border clans in England, raiding all the time. So he's...desensitized, and doesn't see anything wrong with using violence to solve a problem. I can kind of relate, actually; I was like that when I first got here, straight out of living in a compound doing missions all the time."

Kaze laughs then, "Oh my God, you've got me defending the role! Relating to this character!" He says ruefully. "I should thank you, I guess!"

He shakes his head. "It's pride, really. I want to think I'm too good a person to play that role, too 'evolved'." Kaze laughs. "It'll probably be good for me."

"I can hit a target alright, it's my form that is terrible, and that's all that people will see on TV. Oh God, save me from what things look like being all that matters." Kaze smiles again, shrugging. "I just have to deal. I mean, I wanted this. Not THIS, but...playing a role, telling a story. I want that. I just have to do real things too, not get caught in the trap of trying to prove to everyone that playing pretend is super important and meaningful, and putting my self esteem on it." He says thoughtfully. "I'll hang with the stunt guys, get dirty, learn stuff. That should help me from getting too full of myself, you know, if this thing even goes anywhere...."

19. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread