Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Private Shard riding in Jenna's car

THREADID
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze is uncharacteristically quiet as he leaves the club with Jenna.

He looks serious when he says, "So...I have a confession. My truck is actually parked, like four blocks that way. I really wanted a chance to talk to you alone." He confesses, looking like he's prepared to hike to his own ride if Jenna is offended at his deception.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

2. Likes liked this post
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer considered his demeanor for a minute, studying him.

"That's totally okay with me, Chase. I was getting a little overwhelmed talking to multiple people at once.". She hesitated for a few moments, then decided to take the risk.

"I'm glad for the chance to talk alone."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze looks at Jenna, giving eye contact and maintaining it, his expression simultaneously relieved to hear her say she wants to talk alone too, and yet troubled.

"This is harder than I thought it would be." He whispers to himself, though not too quietly for Jenna to hear him.

"So, um...do you know who Brene' Brown is?" Kaze asks, sounding hopeful.

He sighs. "Never mind, she's a researcher, um a sociologist who studies happy people and why they're happy. She specializes in shame, because her research pointed her towards that as the main reason why people who can't be happy...aren't." Kaze explains.

"Aaaaand I'm stalling. Sorry. My point is that I like what she says a lot, and it comes down to courage to be vulnerable, to let people see things about you that deep down, you kinda believe will cause them to reject you. She says her research says that if you don't do that, then whatever acceptance you do get feels empty, like a lie."

Kaze sighs again. "Still stalling. Wow, this is really hard. Okay, you know in my text, I said that I met Skye right after another relationship ended, because I didn't talk honestly, and that's why I was up front with Skye right away that we were 'just friends'? And...after your date with her, in your text, you said you guys talked about me, at least, you said based on what Skye said, was I looking for a relationship at all?" He says in a rush.

Kaze looks at Jenna, looking for eye contact again, checking to see if she's with him still. "I had some...needs, that I wasn't honest about in that relationship, and when I finally came clean, they turned out to be deal breakers. She still feels like I lied to her, tricked her into the relationship by leading her on, letting her believe I wanted what she did, when I...didn't."

"So, not wanting to make this about my ex, though." Kaze says, ruefully grinning. "So never mind that relationship; the thing is...I like you, a lot, Jenna. I knew right away that I thought you are really interesting and different from anyone else I ever met, and I wanted to get to know you better. In our texts...I kind of felt like, well really comfortable and at ease, like...free. To be me. To be spontaneous. So, you know, I just kinda enjoyed it and went along. But...tonight..."

He grins, "Okay, it's okay, really if you totally shoot me down, if you don't feel this way at all, but I felt like 'chemistry', you know? Like I totally wanted to just hold your hand."

Kaze looks serious again. "So, that's why I need to tell you about me, about what I want and need; not a list of 'non-negotiables' or an ultimatum, just...things you should know before we get, well before I get any deeper in."

"Wow. All that build up." Kaze laughs. "Okay, I am a Christian. I don't try to make other people believe what I do, but I believe it, you know? So...basically that could mean a lot of different things; I don't hate anyone, and I am not about telling people stuff for God; if He wants to tell something to someone, I figure He's fully capable without me trying to help Him out, you know?"

Kaze smiles, "The thing is...I am not up for sex outside of marriage. Like, specifically unless it is with someone married to me. I know, I know that seems crazy premature to bring up, sex or marriage, it's just a thing I need you to know about me. I have a...dream? Hope? I want to be married and have kids, someday. I am not all hung up on genetics--I could totally picture myself adopting or being a foster parent--but I know that family is something I want to have someday, and I'm an orphan, so. Yeah. Totally up to me to make it happen."

Kaze grins at Jenna, "Oh and I talk, a lot. Like, A Lot a lot." He laughs again.

Then he looks at her, serious again. "So, I am not expecting you to say anything, or react in any special way. I'm not trying to get you to tell me your deep dark secrets; I just really needed to tell you that about me."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

6. Likes Xadun, liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"No, I don't, but I am curious now. I might look them up. I studied sociology a bit in college."

Jennifer nodded a bit as she listened to the talk about texts, and the Skye date and slowly stopped nodding along as he hit the 'comfortable and at ease, like... free. To be me' bit. Her eyes widened a bit, half hoping that this was going the way that she thought it was. Jennifer smiled a bit, the stalling and halting way he talked about his ex was sort of adorable. In an attractive way.

“I like you a lot, too, Chase. I didn’t want to give the idea that I was too interested in you, romantically, right away until we knew that Skye was alright after that disaster of a first date.
    The first date made me think about what I want in a relationship, and look over why I have been single for so long. Skye did actually ask if you were competition for my attention, and I completely dodged the question.
    I have enjoyed getting to know you. I feel like I can be honest with you about things that matter. Although I do have a family thing that is complex, and I can’t quite tell you everything about that right now. I have definitely felt chemistry with you… yet I didn’t want to show it overtly. I am a bit unsure about showing emotional vulnerability in groups. Or in front of like, Josh, when I wanted to say that I was interested in you.
    I chose to play it safe. So being by ourselves for the first time, ever, is nice to get things out in the open.”

And you haven’t ran away from the sound of my Curse, for some reason. Which is very unusual, and nice?
    Sex. Hm, that could be very interesting with a vanilla mortal and she clamped down on that thought. He was saying he was Christian, so sex outside of the marriage was off the table. That was a bit of a relief. One quagmire completely avoided with the whole 'I'm a vampire.'

“I was raised in a Christian household. I was a Jr. Younglife leader and everything.” She smiled, a small joke.
    Jennifer tilted her head, processing the entire fear of why she pulled the ripcord on Skye's date so early because of all the mention of kids, and secrets and 'love only me' that made Jennifer worry about maturity level. Yet Kaze wasn't like Skye, or the Daeva who Jennifer had entertained for a few months.
    “I am more comfortable being upfront about not moving forward with intimacy. I would like you to hold my hand…”
    A smile, a genuine smile. “I feel like I am addressing what you said all out of order. And I am a bit nervous about admitting all of this.”

But the big thing he mentioned was the same fear – dread that had made her question dating a human. Kids. Her type of child, a childe that would never marry, have grandkids, graduate from Yale etc.… She frowned, considering that for a few moments.
    “Would you be comfortable with us dating for a bit. And re – visiting the family, foster parent and children idea? And… that’s what we’re discussing? That we both feel a chemistry between us.” A small smile and a playful shake of her purse. “As I brought the phone with me into my meetings on the off chance you would text me. I am… very interested.”

Although a bit concerned about his drive for family. She really liked him, and liked his sincerity and originality. She didn’t want to change aspects about him, like binding him to her. Yet… was that something lurking in the wings if they were to move forward?
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

8. Likes Xadun, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze swallows, looking very relieved and happy!

"Yes! Wow, yeah. Jenna... I don't even know if it will happen, I just have to have it be okay to say it's something I want, you know?" Kaze smiles.

"Whew! Wow. Ok. I... what a rush! Thank you so much! I mean... just to be able to talk honestly about where I am really at... and have you not run away or push me away is amazing. I mean... okay honestly it's an answer to my prayers. I don't mean to make anything about it, like it's fate or like I know what God wants or something, I am thrilled if we end up being able to be really good friends, just... I guess I really did expect you to bail out of this... relationship or at least try to change my mind...yes of course I am totally great with seeing each other more without rushing into any kind of decisions or commitments. I really want to get to know you, Jenna and get better at letting you know me."

10. Likes , Xadun liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"I am really glad that you said something. I'm not sure that I ever would have." Jennifer admitted. "I was worried that you are likely tired of fending off hordes of men and women who want to pursue you, romatically."
    Her eyes widened when she realized she might have implied something about Chase that she didn't intend to.

"Not that I am trying to imply anything by that. Except that I understand that you have a past relationship that you are working through why it didn't work out. I've ... been a bit sheltered. Most people don't want to wait around when they realize I am very interested in emotional intimacy over physical.
    I don't have any exes in town to worry about running into. Well."
    She tilts her head. "You know Skye. I get the sense that you know her a lot better than I do."

"So," Big smile as she slowly took his hand. "- I am not bailing. I don't scare easily."

12. Likes Ruach, Xadun liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Wow." Kaze says, albeit in different, more relaxed, contented tone. "You're pretty amazing, Jenna."

He sighs, "I'm feeling really good about this, about us. That means I am going to have to really be careful and keep my head in the game, not to just... let myself try to take things to a physical place without thinking." Kaze says, seriously. "I mean, it's not just my choice, I get that, but right now, for instance, I feel like I better not kiss you, and like I shouldn't get into the car alone with you either, at least... not the way I'm feeling right now...or put into words what I feel like saying right now. I feel like we just took things to a next level, and I need to let it rest here for now, not push anything even higher, not now."

He grins, giving Jenna a gentle squeeze where they're holding hands.

"This has been the best night ever. I'm probably not going to get to sleep for a while, honestly, but I think I better head home any way. Text you when I get there?"

14. Likes liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Thank you for the great scene! Per our chat, I'll close this to get it into continuity "now".

Closed Thread