Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens closely, focusing intently on his Slave.

"Don't know it hasn't happened to anyone else." He notes.

"Glad you made it." He adds.

"Seneschal Hart is the right place to go, right quick. This thing might be stalking others, not so alert as you. Or others might be keeping it to themselves for whatever reason. People get a mite touchy bringing up the subject of their havens."

He looks to JC and to Slave Durant.

"This is bigger than Dragon business; it's a threat to the Domain, the people in it and to bring in hunters."

"How about we go together to the Seneschal, and tell what all we know?"
    He suggests.

2. Likes , pisces liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC had to admit, Quinn definitely seemed to have a better handle on the situation than him. Not only informationwise but seeing a potentially larger (and not so pretty) picture. Stuff he really should have thought about if he hadn’t been so caught up in his own fears and misery.

Calm. Calm was what he needed. Yet that still seemed a ways away at this point. He didn’t have time for his mind to run itself raged going down different paths and future castings. Take what he knew now and focus on the present.

JC pulled his thoughts away from the far flung future and back into the room with the bouncing ball as seconds passed. Finally he pulled out his phone, typing out a quick message without actually pressing send as he talked.

“I agree. Going to the Seneschal sounds like a good idea. If it this is happening to others, knowing have already come forward might help to encourage others. Help us gather more information. Make sure the Domain is aware.”

JC held out his phone.

Could they be here now?

Stealthy, fast, transformative, searching out Havens, two targets in one location. It stood to reason they might have been followed without noticing. In which case, what might they do to keep the information from leaking.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

4. Likes , pisces, Ruach liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn nodded with both her fellow Kindred's assesments already standing, about to mention how they would logistically get there together, when JC shows his phone. Quinn read the text, and gave JC a very testy look. She slipped her smartphone out of her back pocket on her black jeans, and put her thumbs to work for a second, while out loud saying something else.

On the phone: "You have got to be kidding me. Either you know you weren't followed or you don't. Which is it, JC?"

"That sounds good. Now we should clean up a bit before going to court, even if it is to the offices. Appearances matter. JC you will find some suitable things hanging up in your closet. I had intended more of a surprise than this but well, it is what it is. Happy Holidays and all that dear."

Quinn had taken the liberty of doing some serious shopping recently, and not all of it had been for herself.
    She had bought JC SMith the following items: Three V-neck shirts in a soft cotton blend in black, charcoal grey, and white, 2 sport coats off rack, so not tailored to him, but still certainly nice in both cut and style: one black and one tan. Good basics he could work off of and mix and match. One pair of black slacks, one pair of designer men's jeans in dark denim. One pair of mens Ecco black lace up dress shoes. Sharp enough for court, comfortable enough to jog in. There was also an envelope with all the gift receipts for said items so he could exchange if he didn't like something or just needed the cash.

Quinn looked to her mentor then, her gaze meeting his a moment, and the look of anger that had just flashed through those eyes, was replaced with neutrality. "There are some things for you as well, I hope you like them." She said softly, struggling to keep her tone neutral. It slipped a little to the side of warmth. Her lips twitched slightly before she added, "I want to watch you open the wrapped package, if you wouldn't mind leaving one little thing to mystery for a night or two. I figured its time for another round in the basement. If you are up for such a session of course." She said softly, gauging her mentor's patience for another Dungeon dive.

6. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap doesn't look too concerned when J.C. signals that he's worried they might have been followed. A little too late to worry about it now, and anyway, Dirt Nap had been the one arranging their transport. He's sure they weren't followed. Reasonably sure.

He grunts. "All the better to be on our way then. I'll head out first, check it out, and signal you all to follow. Listen for a 'hoot'." Dirt Nap says with a soft chuckle.

He looks considerably more concerned with Quinn presenting him with a wrapped...gift. That kind of passion left him a long time ago. Now he's just wary of the appetite that replaced it. And of anyone who seems either unaware of its existing in him or willing to risk manipulating that appetite.

"Sure. You should be ready soon, Slave Durant. I'll open it right before you go down for your Chrysalis. Or maybe, right after you come up again."

He looks around. "Ready to head out then?" He asks the two others.

We have thirteen days remaining on this scene; I am good to try for a group scene w the Senaschal, or for a bit more conversation first. Your choice!

8. Likes liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC’s expression remained neutral, even questioning. He wondered if it was just frustration from Quinn at the situation or if she truly thought everyone could tell if they were being tailed. He wondered how easy it had been for her to notice her victim being attacked.

I don’t know

Anger continued to roil just beneath the surface, the slight thought being stoked by the Beast. Amplifying. Multiplying. Annoying. It was hard to take her at her word. That she’d gotten clothes for him out of kindness. Instead, thoughts popped into his head about how he should prove himself. Tear apart her own ‘hip’ fashions and show that appearance didn’t show power.

The Prince’s words echoed. Mistrust at free gifts. He let the thoughts pass over him like a wave. You couldn’t control other people’s intentions. Only your reaction.

“Thanks,”
    he replied.

The two talked about covenant things. Most JC didn’t understand. Mostly the word that still stood out was ‘Slave’.

“Ready to head out,” the Savage confirmed.

Good to move
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

10. Likes Ruach, pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn watched J.C, but relaxed as Dirt Nap explained his assurances they weren't followed. Quinn took in an uneeded breath and let it out slowly. The tension rattling away. She noted the terse reaction and tension within J.C. They had struggled with each other since day one. Their beasts wanted to rip each other apart. It was hard sometimes to see past the instinct for supremecy and rage.

"When I was lacking of a place to feel safe, once someone gave me a place to stay, and when I had nothing to wear to a formal function and I was so nervous, someone provided me my first ball gown. Nobody is an island. You are a guest of the Dragons, and I am a Dragon. Money is nothing if it is not spent on those connected to you. I wanted to do something for you, so you knew it is not just Dirt Nap who welcomes you, but also me."

She gave him a patient smile, and nodded to Dirt Nap. "If you gentlemen will excuse me a moment, I am going to spruce a wee bit before we see Seneschal Hart. She cannot see, but Lyssa sure can and that is a woman who wants to see style. I will meet you both outside. Oh...um...do you want me to order an Uber for JC and I, Dirt Nap? I assume you will take to the skies? Unless..." She paused and looked at J.C, and her expression was a mixture of mischief and amusement, and she definitely posed the question to him.

"Do you want to take my Harley out for a ride?" She tilted her face to the side slightly watching him.

Let's go to the Seneschal's office! J.C can post if he Quinn and J.C took an Uber, or rode together on her motorcycle in the opening posts of arriving at Elysium.

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap doesn't smile, though his eyes perhaps sparkle slightly at the lightly challenging tone from Quinn Durant to J.C.!

"Okay then. I'll give a call ahead, and if she can see us now, we'll meet there." Dirt Nap says slowly, nodding.

Thank you for the fantastic scene! I will comm and then open a scene for us all at the Seneschal's office!

Scourge, since you orginally opened this one--thank you!--would you do the honors and make the final, closing post?

14. Likes pisces liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread