Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
After shocks: a Social

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Status (Network Zero)
    Status (Private Investigator)
    Katherine Port

Kate looked to Lucas and answered one of his questions.
    "If I had to guess, she knows of his family. And he might be known around, I found him and followed his feed for a bit before we became friends. As to where he is, I don't know. I invited him."

She does pull out her phone to send a text. "Hey, the BBQ was today! Throw on a hoodie and come on down. Good talks being had." She makes no effort to hide what she's texting if anyone sneaks a peek.
    "Hopefully everything is okay on his end. And Lucas, to your point - I had hoped we could follow her and get some info on where her lair is located. She had managed to capture Monty's attention, and didn't kill him... It was a calculated risk.
    I might need to practice with my hands in the upcoming month to see if I can learn to hide my knives on myself. I saw nothing in that room that could have helped, but I had half a mind to pummel her with an improvsied weapon..."
    And in all likelihood, Kate wouldn't have even touched the demon before her own arm was broken, or her neck. It did send a little shiver down her spine.

She looks to Quartermass. Liking Will's little intro, she shares her own. "I'm Kate. I am a private detective, trying to study different monsters. I have some skill with guns and knives. I'm not great with talking to monsters, or being clever and distracting them with witty banter. You said you're a doctor? As to following up on the Stranger- I would like to, we saw her drive away. I am thinking about trying to get the video feeds of the nearby cameras on the intersections where the auction was, get her plate and the direction she was heading. Likely be a slow crawl to dig up info as we likely won't know where she surfaces."
    "I wish I was better under pressure. The follow her idea just flew out of my mind when we saw Tasi."At Tasi's contribution, Kate's eyes widened. "Your group knows how to keep bloodsuckers in custody with what we had? Fucking awesome, tell me how."

"Sad to say, I can't help with the making of Ash's Saw 2.0. I once bent a rod trying to assemble lawn furnature... I know my limits.."

Tasi Morgan Katherine Port Quatermass William Reed Lucas Boucher
    Apologies. We will move all rolls for crafting here: http://nwod.org/forum/showthread.php...0#post14468330

If you want to RP the crafting, please do that in a separate scene.

Apologies for any confusion.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Lucas Boucher

See? Band aid ripped and now the healing words are flowing. Words which were taken as attacks a few minutes ago have turned into dialogue, shared experience, and perhaps most importantly of all? Sharing skill sets.

"I'm in the trades. I build and mod cars for a living. Happy to help with any projects you might have. Also a trained marksman. Again, happy to share."

Eyes move from the group to Kate and Tasi. "So rather then nitpick over the night, let's just say that getting chomped is a bad deal? Intel isn't worth it if the cost is in lives or limbs."

Lucas put his red line out there, if others wanted to cross? Trained. Marksman.

"I knew I shouldn't have left my mark alone. I even called his objective." Now he's looking at Will. "So I think he's our next move. After we take some time to regroup and..."

Lucas looks to the stuff Tasi brought with her and the person the stuff was brought for.

"...handle? Handle your arm situation. I'm just going to say it, I don't think outdoors in peak winter season is a great time to be messing with sharp implements and tools. I got a safehouse We can stash the goods at. Anyone helping with the arm is welcome to stay, although I don't think all five of us are going to fit comfortably in a two bedroom."

4. Likes Cayce, , Yumyumcrow liked this post

High Performance Driving
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Resources
    Dexterity
    (Twitch Reflexes)
    William Reed

He nodded along with Tasi, not pushing the bloodsucker thing figuring he’d already rubbed enough salt in that wound. He kept sipping at his drink as his hands kept working with the materials though not much help since he wasn’t all that skilled. He just gave a grunt of acknowledgement as Tasi finished up her tale. She was a cold, hard, bitch and that’s what he liked so much about her. Who else would suffer as she did and continue the fight? Not many. “Think you’re gonna be busy with us lot Doc.”

“Putting it mildly.” He stated off handedly to Quatermass before sliding some rigging his way since he volunteered to help out. “Don’t know what everyone else’s plan is but a few of us have a grudge with the fuckin’ clown who thought he could play games.”

He looked up as Katherine mentioned Monty’s social media savvy, he gave a short snort out of his nose, a half-amused smirk playing at his lips. “Guess that explains a lot.” He understood their position, not everyone would have shot the bloodsucker while the world fell apart. That would just be him. “Security was no joke, I learned a lesson that night too, one I’ve been told my entire life. Size Matters.” A hand cannon was effective as long as you had one, something smaller was necessary for jobs like the one they’d just had. He wouldn’t be unprepared again.

“See. I knew you were a planner. Plans just kind of fall off me. You dig up where she lives and I’ll be more than happy to help you, though she’s rather, blasé. Like shit, how many of them are there and how many are uptight, socialites. Like c’mon is that what you're really going to do with your time?” Said the man with a death wish. He rolled his eyes, scoffing at the absent predator, he looked forward to telling her that when he collected her teeth as a trophy.

“You get better being under pressure by being in it, nothing trumps experience.” He gave a soft shrug, shaking his now empty drink with a frown before sitting the can to the side taking his break, pointing out over the group silently asking them if they wanted anything before he started mixing a second drink for himself.

“I generally find violence applied to the appropriate appendage is enough to stop just about anything. Some things require an absolutely excessive amount of violence.” He couldn’t help but say with a bright smile as he poured his whiskey into the coke can. “Shit, if you wanna take a look and see what we can do to get that extra M.P.H. outta Moxie I’d be thrilled. Maybe reinforce the chassis...Hmmm I've got a couple ideas.” Of course he had a name for his car, one for his gun too.

“Speaking of, if anyone wants to go to a range and practice I’d be happy to join and share what I’ve picked up at least. And if you need arms and can’t afford it I might have an extra piece or two I can lend out. “ He raised his coke to Lucas as he said he called out the targets objective. “You and me both but…” He gave another shrug, he didn’t feel bad about abandoning that to stick with Tasi.

6. Likes Yumyumcrow, Cayce, liked this post

Half the Fun is Risking Scars
    Presance
    (Blithe)
    Striking Looks
    (Svelte, Beguiling)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (Fashion)
    Fame
    (Fashion)
    Tasi Morgan

Professional Training Contacts:
    Fashion, Entertainment, Clubs

Status (Entertainment) 1
    Status (Fashion) 2 | Fame (Fashion) 1

Status (Compact Ashwood Abbey) 1
    Barfly

Tasi pouts, somehow both exaggerated and earnest, "Oh poo. I suppose I am a little over eager." Slumping, as it would be called if someone else did it, instead it looks like an artful drop over the topic, her bottom lip sticks out, then she sighs and closes up her case.

"Well then. Can someone be a dear and open the wine for me? I'd attempt it myself, but opening it with two working hands is difficult enough." she pulls herself upright, and waves her only hand over to her bottle, before unzipping a side compartment to her case, to show the corkscrew hidden within.

She meanders over to the food, grabs herself a plate, and delicately chooses from whatever was already done. Choosing condiments, and whichever sides looked at least somewhat appetizing. Returning to her seat, she sets the plate down before seating herself and lifting bun and taking a bite. In a complete dichotomy to her dainty manners, she tears into the burger with a hungry fervor. Licking up the grease and meat juices, before turning back to the group.

"So, what are we going to do? For our obvious need to coordinate when we go out." a teasing smirk, laughing eyes. "Get beepers?"

8. Likes Shane, Yumyumcrow, Cayce liked this post

Quatermass

Quatermas had obtained a beer and cracked the can while he listened.

"Well. Yeah. If you're going to be active - and it sure as hell sounds like you are. MMM."

He placed down his beer, popped a little food in his mouth and started studying the rig that had been passed over to him. He looked up absently in Katherine Port direction.

"Uh. Yeah. Got my license still. And I got on the Secret Signal. PI huh? Guess its good to have a day job that doubles up with the real gig."

He placed the rig down, frowned at it thoughtfully, then rose to assist Tasi Morgan

While he wrestled with the wine, he looked over the table.

"So I got a thought: how about this for a lesson from your last hunt. Know when to strike and know when to simply, like, watch. Sounds like there was a lot of completing agendas back there and maybe - now I wasn't there so I don't really know how things went down - maybe sometimes its best to simply watch. Next time you guys go to an auction event like that, don't go with intent to take out anything. Just see who is there: tag 'em for later scrutiny. And - no offence to you, William - but your group has a marksman (right, Lucas Boucher ?). You got range. No need to get up close - just work your target, get Lucas in place and let him do his thing. I'm sure Will can run back up if you really need to. Tasi as well once we get this rig working. Just a thought."

He turned to the stuntman as he placed the opened bottle within Tasi's reach.

"I'd be glad to get some practice in. I can shoot - just... never had to. Definitely looking for tips."

10. Likes , Xander, Cayce, Shane liked this post

Status (Network Zero)
    Status (Private Investigator)
    Katherine Port

"Yeah, I like that idea. I am pissed I couldn't sneak my gun in. Or my knives." She mutters. "Any of you know how to do that sneaky shit?"
    Kate gave Lucas a glance. She would think getting chomped was a bad deal all around. Tasi makes herself a plate, and Kate serves the hot dogs from the grill onto the platter. With the hot dogs ready, she makes herself up two hotdogs. Considering what Tasi asked, Kristen mused about the coordination idea. They all seemed to have vastly different experiences and ideas. How well would they mesh?

She takes a seat, mentioning "Know when to watch? Are you suggesting a situation where we should have ... avoided the Stranger completely?" She asked Quartermass. "Once she was in the booth with us, we were pretty much trapped. Competing agendas. You may have something there."
    Kate nods, considering the proposals of the others for a few moments. She takes a bit of her hot dog, glancing around to the others. She hopes someone can open the wine bottle, she was always a bit useless at that sort of thing.

12. Likes , Cayce liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Lucas Boucher

All serious conversation fades from Lucas's mind as Will shares his common life lesson. Like, holy shit. How many times does a person have to hear something for it to be a lesson Will 'heard all his life'? How many people commented on Will's Tiny Will? What was the number? This is vital information. Also the reason Lucas is laughing so hard, but that's not vital information.

"Okay, okay..." Someone needs a sec. Talking points are registering, but he can't respond. His side might burst open and spill his guts all over the buffet table. "Is my guy the fucking clown? I feel light headed so I want to make sure I'm following."

With that his attention falls to Tasi. "Cell phones? Or just not split up. I feel like we all ended up in compromising positions we didn't need to because we weren't around to back each other up."

Quatermass gets a cookie/salad bag for giving Lucas the spotlight. It was true, murder was something he was pretty good at when he wanted to be. That's what happens when your Vigil is vengeance driven rampage.

"I'd say the lesson is to be prepared. We didn't need to be unarmed in that booth. It wasn't locked, but we should have been more prepared for what could have happened. I think we should also designate one person to be in charge, so when we ask for a plan on the spot it's not a clusterfuck of generalities and platitudes no one can effectively act on. Only for missions. And we can swap in between if people aren't happy."

14. Likes , Cayce, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Striking looks
    (Dashing Figure)
    Fame
    (Internet Following)
    Resources
    (Old Money)
    Barfly
    Presence
    (loud)
    Monty Pennington

HELLO! A call from inside the apartment. "ANYONE HOME?" Monty walked into view. "Ah I figured you would be out here!

He was dressed in a white suit, tailored to his size and made of fine light materials. He paired the suit with a white button up shirt, matching leather shoes and white tie. This gave his dark hair a striking appearance in contrast.

He looked around at the gathered people searching for Kate. "I know, I know I am fashionably late, I'm sorry, had a thing, You know how it is. Don't be mad, I brought flowers and beer." True to his words he presented Kate with a lovely bouquet of assorted flowers and a four pack of imported beer. A wide grin plastered on his face.

After a moment of silence he added "So what are we all talking about?

OOC: Sorry I am late, I know there is only a couple of days left on the thread but I wanted to at least pop in.

16. Likes , Cayce, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Quatermass

Quatermass had returned to his meal and was about to drink from his beer when Monty Pennington appeared. Initially confused, he cast a glance around the table and came to the conclusion that group and the newcomer knew of one another. Grunting, he chugged quickly and iped his hand with a napkin.

"Eric Quatermass. Um... Another lit candle. Torch. Whatever. I take it you're part of the team, too?"

18. Likes liked this post
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last