Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
After shocks: a Social

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Lucas Boucher

Holy shit Will's dramatic. Or just suicidal levels of nihilistic? Nah, he's both.

Lucas's eyebrows are popped up listening to Will. He was really hoping for a voice of reason in confronting Kate, but that clearly wasn't going to be him. I mean really, what does 'no rind' even mean? Wait, that's not the important part, ask later.

"Good to know." He returns his attention to Tasi, doing his best to smile. "I take it we have a group bonding activity?"

Because they were going to need something. To be fair to Kate, Lucas was going to walk right up to Tasi and Will anyway. Which didn't make Kate censoring herself from saying fuck any less weird, but hey, Lucas wasn't going to be jumping on the kate hate train. Yet. They had a whole meal to do that. One complaint at a time.

"I'm Lucas, and yes we're here to Hunt."
    Seriously though? Rando shows up at the group meet looking for the host by name at the mentioned time and talks about candles? Join the Vigil bro, we got burgers.

"And please do not ignore the snarling. We're back from a little event that went horribly wrong."
    An index finger stabs towards the space where Tasi's arm used to be as he dumped his stuff on the picnic table. "There's more then one of us that thinks our host has some answering to do and you deserve to know what happened before we roll out again."

Not like Lucas spent any amount of time getting to know the other people around the table before, so why should any of them waste time getting to know Newblet.

"Also what's your name?"

Quatermass is Newblet until he states otherwise. That's just how things work.

2. Likes Cayce, Yumyumcrow, , Shane liked this post

High Performance Driving
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Resources
    Dexterity
    (Twitch Reflexes)
    William Reed

He offered a half of a smirk to Tasi as she lets Lucas know she’s not a fragile, china doll. William certainly witnessed that himself, did better than most would have in the situation. She was making the best of a bad situation which is all any of them could hope for. He took another drink and nodded to the case she touched moving over to the side of it to pop it open so they could hopefully begin their work. “Harder or not, one of ‘em made it personal. I’d say they found themselves a formidable nemesis in you Tasi, we’ll make it last if we can.”

Though the joy of that thought was then dashed as Katherine came at him like a Chihuahua, all bark with no real threat to back the words. A roll of his eyes instantly dismissed her criticisms as he set his drink to the side to begin pulling out what they’d need for their work. Grizzly Adams had name dropped Katherine, some club. Friends? Colleges? Oh! Lucas had put the pieces together for Will. Good, he wouldn’t have to bring someone back to the Abbey for a “bar-b-que.”

“So we good with Grizzly Adams?” He nodded to the bearded stranger, his fingers flexing really hoping that they’d say no and he’d have a good time again. The fix, the rush, the drug that was hunting was next level but it never stayed for long.

“Not happy with the answer, don’t ask the question.” The words were short, terse and to the point as he offered Katherine a shrug. “Is this about the tablecloths?” He couldn’t hold back the laugh, sitting down at the table now one hand on the table the other at the side. “Like I said, soft. Not a soldier, don’t know what gave you that impression. Was it my stoic discipline?” He laughed again though this time at himself. “Nah, just real familiar with death. We’re good friends.”

“Thanks for caring about Tasi enough that she wouldn’t bleed to death but that doesn’t change the fact that you pointed out a vulnerable member to the enemy and the authorities. Chalk that up to inexperience, yea?” Nodding to Lucas as he brought up the excursion and some might place blame on her and Monty for it, he waved that off already having given her the out on that. “I don’t think that, I’m fairly adept at causing my own problems. Our host had nothin’ to do with that shit show, the asshole accountant though. I have some questions I need to ask of him. Real polite like.” The smile that followed said the questions would be asked anything but politely.

“So as much as I love this pissing contest, and while I can’t speak for Tasi, I don’t blame Katherine for what happened. Shit, how could she have even known? If it weren’t for our other friend, getting in would have been a lot more difficult too. “ He grabbed his drink and took a sip. “So we gonna keep barking at one another strengthening our enemies position, or we gonna hash this shit out and move on?” His tone still had an edge of aggression but he slowly started to uncoil, posture relaxing a bit.

4. Likes Cayce, Yumyumcrow, liked this post

Half the Fun is Risking Scars
    Presance
    (Blithe)
    Striking Looks
    (Svelte, Beguiling)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (Fashion)
    Fame
    (Fashion)
    Tasi Morgan

Professional Training Contacts:
    Fashion, Entertainment, Clubs

Status (Entertainment) 1
    Status (Fashion) 2 | Fame (Fashion) 1

Status (Compact Ashwood Abbey) 1
    Barfly

Oh, my. Kitty Kate has claws. She isn't going to draw blood with her censoring, but at least she has them. "Thank you for that darling," perfunctory, words for manners, not holding any meaning, they followed their leads, and were oh so close, but now, all they had to show for it is her new asymmetrical look.

and both the yummy stranger and the accountant knew she had left bruised, bleeding, bested

"Will, darling, I want to be present for that Q and A, I have a lot of Qs I want to get through," Sime as sharp as the blade she lost.

The stuttering uncertainty draws her like a bloodsucker to an open vein, "We don't dip candles here darling, but we do keep them lit."" she coos, patting the bench to her left.

it was the only hand she had left.

To the floppy puppy, "Oh yes, we're going to make me something designer." she says, all teeth, eye alight with something vicious. "Now," reaching over to pop open the case, "I was thinking a little Furiosa, and a lot of Ash." patting the boxed chainsaw. "A few more attachments, besides," tippity, tap, tap, "A knife certainly, I do ever so love my knife work."

6. Likes Cayce liked this post

Quatermass

"Thanks. Call me Quatermass."

He takes Katherine Port hand with evident relief and lays out his offerings. Along the way he gives out his name to the others around the table, eyes moving slowly from side to side as he follows the conversation... Which might not have been the thing to do.

"Fuck."

He is looking at Tasi Morgan - shock, awe, sympathy, horror flashing across his face. Shaking himself he finds a seat. And tries not to look at the crippled woman. Sitting quietly will only get you so far, however.

"Um. Can I ask what happened? No. Wait. Um. Scratch that. You'll tell me if you think I'm trustworthy enough to know I guess. I'm Eric Quatermas and I am... Was... Am. A doctor. Still got my license. My candle is lit, if you need me to say it. I started by patching up people with very unusual wounds - stuff that went beyond what ... doctors with street connections generally get called in for. Yeah - those wounds had me asking questions... doing some research of my own... and in the end I had to make a choice. So. Uh. Here I am."

He was being honest.

Mostly.

About the important things.

8. Likes Cayce, , liked this post
    Status (Network Zero)
    Status (Private Investigator)
    Katherine Port
    Katherine Port Scenes

Quote Originally posted by Lucas:
    "And please do not ignore the snarling. We're back from a little event that went horribly wrong." An index finger stabs towards the space where Tasi's arm used to be as he dumped his stuff on the picnic table. "There's more then one of us that thinks our host has some answering to do and you deserve to know what happened before we roll out again."
    “What do you have to ask me, Lucas?” Kate asked pointedly.

“You were standing right there with Monty and I. We made a split decision. I still think it was the right one – as proven that we all still have our throats intact."
    “Will, I can handle your answer. What I don’t like? You and Lucas acting like I need my behavior gone over. When asked about a plan, you literally gave us- I quote- "Think fast, drive faster, outrun the devil." I think all of us could have focused more on our communication skills. That is what experience would look like to me.

Yet all you want to do is say I’m inexperienced? That I pointed out a vulnerable member to the enemy and the authorities?”

“Tasi, what do you think? Do you think that my fuck ups pointed you out to enemies and authorities- or maybe the fact that your arm was missing – and William was carrying it- likely would have pointed out ‘hey these people are weird?”

Tasi had said maybe five words to her? This entire time? It was kinda weird.

"Doctor? Yes, ask what happened. Have you heard what they went through?" She glances at Lucas. A lot less charged, more conversational. She swung her gaze back to the new person.
    "We're likely going to be reliant on you. Oh, Lucas and I had someone else with us when we were trapped with the Stranger. My friend, Monty."

Kate gives Quartermass one of her genuine smiles. She might think it was really weird how everything seemed to be feeling hostile to her... but hey, maybe she was over-reacting! Maybe pointing it out would show where she had made a mistake by only hearing the Kate - centric part of the sentences.

"And yeah, have a beer. Or Tasi brought wine. None of us knows how to pair this with my favorite comfort food... kosher hot dogs. And I think the grill is ready, so..." Kate places the hot dogs on the grill, monitoring them and keeping one eye on the new guy.

10. Likes Cayce, , Aeolus, Shane, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Lucas Boucher

So. Many. Words.

It was easy to get lost in what was being said after the whiplash Will was giving Lucas. Showing up to a BBQ pointing fingers and making up phrases, calling names, then making it sound like the fallout of his choices was some kind of childlike tantrum from the rest of the group?

"Okay, first of all? Every one chill the fuck out." Words say every one, eyes say Will and Kate. "When people have problems with each other they talk about them. This isn't a playground bullying contest or a 4D chess game. It's how grown ups work through shit so they don't fester and get us killed in the field."

With that he looks exclusively to Quatermass.

"On our last op we split up. Kate, Monty, and I went with a blood sucker into a room to bid on some items that were being auctioned off. The sucker tried to mind control Monty, but I don't think either of us were aware at the time."
    Eyes flick very briefly to Kate before returning to the newcomer. "The sucker said she was hungry and called Kate over. She went over, and I'm pretty sure the only reason Kate's here playing host was because we were interrupted when the intercoms announced there were issues outside. The sucker got spooked, so we tried to use the moment to try and force it to spill some beans. She said her mysteries were within, and that my mark's were without. She then threatened to kill us if we didn't help her to the nearest exit. When I suggested finding Tasi and Will, Kate just frowned and said you chose to split off and asked if I knew where. That's when we left, I noticed lot 13 was missing, and we regrouped with you guys."

Now his attention switched to Will.

"If she hadn't gone over to Tasi I would have. When you left the gallery holding her severed arm you made sure everyone who would notice did. If anything, we exposed ourselves rather then the other way around. So nothing either of us did changed the attention on you two, and you can drop the tough guy I-need-to-make-up-other-people's-flaws-so-no-one-notices-my-fragile-tryhard-masculinity shtick."

Calling Kate soft because you're not self aware? Not. Cool. Speaking of? His attention is now on Kate.

"So yes, I think we do need to talk about it. Because you could have died and you didn't even resist. And while this was all going on something clearly happened outside. Something lethal enough to cost Tasi her arm." And now his eyes scan the whole group. "I have no intention of paying those types of costs because you guys don't want to talk or coordinate."

Is anyone else getting parched with all the talking? Lucas cracks open a water bottle and chugs half the thing. Gotta stay hydrated when you're drawing the red lines.

12. Likes , Cayce, Yumyumcrow, liked this post

High Performance Driving
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Resources
    Dexterity
    (Twitch Reflexes)
    William Reed

Will looked to Quartermass and pointed toward the cooler at the edge of the table. “Some beer, some liquor.” But he left it at that with a grunt he looked between Tasi, the Doctor himself, and then eyes the boxed chainsaw with a small nod to himself. That was kismet. Though the voice scratched at the back of his mind that things don’t just look up like that for no reason. “So we need to make a harness that can fit multiple attachments? I’m not that mechanically inclined but I can do the grunt work for sure.”

He couldn’t help but smile and laugh as Lucas and Kate turned the heat up. “Where was this fire during the auction? Shit…” He clicked his tongue and let out a hiss before picking up his drink again, fingers starting to look at the attachments Tasi had brought. He was good with his hands but had no mind for design.

“Shit, that is interesting though. I had no idea what ya’ll were up to while we were fighting for our lives. Notice how I don’t blame you for what happened there.” He smiled again, showing teeth this time. “Yea. I told you I didn’t have a plan. As far as communication goes, I feel I was VERY clear and upfront about that. Planning requires preparation, I’m not a planner by nature. I entrust folks who are better at that than myself.” He pointed To Katherine at that. “Well you and Monty I assume at least. Where the fuck is Monty by the way? How’s that bitch even know him?”

He shook his head as Lucas, “Yea, you mean the side, security door. The one I had to pick. Where Monty, thank his extravagant nature, provided me a good distraction. He gave me an opening by being loud and offering bribes to security. I call that an opportunity to slink away. Like I said 5 seconds ago, chalk it up to inexperience and bad luck. We should have had a meeting like this before hand but we were pressed for time. So in the spirit of communication maybe we should discuss a little of that while we help Tasi out, yea.”

The yea was a forceful period to end the statement instead of a question. Though he shrugged at Lucas’ attempt at a dig showing just how little he cared, or at least trying to. The reptile voice in his forebrain told him to respond despite that though. “In this new spirit and since we’re on like the third date here having skipped the second. Names Will, I’m a Stuntman not a solider. If you can think about it, I’ve likely done it or had it been done to me. If it’s got wheels or wings I can drive it, and no, I don’t fuck with boats. I’m a decent shot from work and I can deal with locks and security decently well. Besides that if we need supplies and I haven’t already tapped my contacts I can get us stuff, though it might be hot as a forewarning.

“Think that’s pretty straightforward. Now for what happened, I’ll let Tasi tell most of that.”
    He looked around at those gathered and took a drink keeping an eye out for prying eyes and ears for a second. “Like I said I didn’t have a plan. I wanted Lot 13 to put on a mantle, simple as that. I was going to rob the auction if an opportunity presented itself. While we broke off from you and slipped past security we heard a scream and decided to investigate. Found a couple absolutely dismembered security guards I armed myself and we saw a thing…” He snapped his fingers trying to remember what he recalled at that time. “Egyptian tomb guardian, real Isle of Dr. Moreau meets terrible necromancer shit. If I had to guess I’d blame the accountant on that, he probably released it by fucking with Lot 13 somehow.

“We killed it, shit happened, then you know the rest from there. Let’s just say it was big, it had a lot of teeth and that carapace wasn’t anything to fuck with. But hey, one less monster in the world, yea? Any questions?”
    He raised a brow looking over the group before handing Lucas a joint and some straps while he himself worked on some rigging.

2 successes

14. Likes , Cayce, liked this post

Half the Fun is Risking Scars
    Presance
    (Blithe)
    Striking Looks
    (Svelte, Beguiling)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (Fashion)
    Fame
    (Fashion)
    Tasi Morgan

Professional Training Contacts:
    Fashion, Entertainment, Clubs

Status (Entertainment) 1
    Status (Fashion) 2 | Fame (Fashion) 1

Status (Compact Ashwood Abbey) 1
    Barfly

Why are they talking so god damned much, this wasn't about petty squabbles, this was about her and her goddamn arm!

"I don't really care about all that." She says, "My face and my name's already up and out for anyone with a decent internet connection to look up. I'm just miffed that all we have to show for our efforts is this - !" she says, waving her arm stump in air, the lavender of her pinned sleeve and the silver pin she used look very nice together, if she did say so herself. "Now, I might be misremembering from the blood loss and that annoying thing called shock, but didn't you have the stranger - bloodsucker, in hmm. Custody? If someone kept hold of her we might be doing something more productive then this awkward tête-a-tête,"

A breath, "Yes, darling. I have everything we should need for the harness base and the attachments. I did do some research." But she didn't have the skills to do it herself, and she wanted this done before the next time they were going out. She wasn't going to be the one to stop their party. "It was very The Mummy, meets Frankenstein. I got in a few good this, but the...monster, Lot 13 guardian, whatever thing, took umbridge with me, and just," she makes the closest approximation to a slicing sound she could make, "And off pops my arm. The thing didn't even try to eat it, or anything like that. It just didn't want me to have it....though I suppose I was stabbing it. So." a delicate little shrug.

Crafting we're most likely looking at Size (sword) +0 and Durability (steel, iron, bone) +7, for the arm (7suxx needed, and Size 1 (knife) +1, with Durability (wood, hard plastic, glass) +3 (4suxx needed) for the base where the arm attachments can...attach

Minus difficulty modifiers, (if you want to help make the arm more then just average) right Cayce ?

16. Likes , Cayce, Shane liked this post

Quatermass

Quatermas quickly put a small plate together; and very slowly reached for a beer. Information was flowing fast and he was trying to catch it all and process it.

"Shit."

"Fuck."

"Alright.
    "

Words, aimless and lacking much zest, bubbled from his lips. He didn't want to go shaking his head, so he let himself blink several times instead.

"Sounds like quite a night."

Understatement. Quatermas winced.

"Look. I'm sorry. Are you still chasing the blood sucker... fang... blood sucker or fang? Anyway, the blood sucker. You still chasing it or are you off the chase, after..."

A pause.

"And how much down time you taking? Physical therapy isn't my thing, but I'm okay with jury-rigging. I can take a look at that rig you're building. Maybe even help out."

18. Likes Shane, , , Cayce liked this post

Crafting we're most likely looking at Size (sword) +0 and Durability (steel, iron, bone) +7, for the arm (7suxx needed, and Size 1 (knife) +1, with Durability (wood, hard plastic, glass) +3 (4suxx needed) for the base where the arm attachments can...attach

Minus difficulty modifiers, (if you want to help make the arm more then just average) right Cayce ?
    Let's do this: Size (sword) +0 and Durability (steel, iron, bone) +7, for the arm = 7 successes need. Then add on need a -1 for each extra attachment it can accommodate. So just a knife, a grip appendage, and a chainsaw would be a -3.

Then, you would just need to modify any complex tools that you wanted to incorporate. For instance, a chainsaw, gun, etc. The knife and grip we'll include in the previous roll.

20. Likes , liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread