Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Criminal Intent: The road forward

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable reads the text message that came through her phone. It reflects her own worries about unacknowledged individuals in the domain. Simone never directly answered her last time just said she lived near by. "Simone, I have a question first. You said before you lived near by and you know Twist. You also told me Melanie is not acknowledged in this domain. Are you acknowledged?"

After she asked her question she gave a brief description:

"I was tasked to get Rosario out safely. Unfortunately we also had a wave of rats to deal with. I regret this was not very pleasant for any of us. Rosario was very brave. However, we made it out. I can tell you that Twist was taking care of Melanie at the time we fled the building."

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

It had started so well. Simone had greeted Edward courteously; but, the moment the bare minimum was attended to, out came the demands.

"We have met twice, Ms. Simone, and yet on both occasions, you managed to disrespect me. Perhaps, you misunderstand the position you find yourself in. It is sad that I must spell it out to you; worse, it is embarrassing for everyone involved."

Edward stayed where he sat, glaring up at Simone.
    "I am profoundly uninterested in jumping to the beck and call of an unacknowledged disrespectful hanger-on after saving their foolish Ghoul from death at the hands of armed men. Do you have any idea what would have happened to him tonight had I not come across the art show on my own?" Edward stared incredulously at Simone.

"And on the subject, Ms. Simone. Pray tell, why did I come upon that information on my own? Would you care to explain why you allowed a painting depicting a breach to be publicly shown? Or maybe you'd prefer to explain it to the Prince?"

"
    I am the reason Mr. Small breathes tonight. If not for me you would be picking him up from the morgue, heavy pistol rounds littering his torso, from Mr. Kowalsic with love." Edward drawled sarcastically.

"So why did I even bother?" He looked out a window, all affected wistfulness and regret, "send Mr. Kowalsic the tip-off, and allow his muscle to make the problem disappear. It would have been so clean, no rats, no sniffling ghoul, and no loose lips." Damn you, Dirt Nap. Edward turned back with narrowed eyes, "Mr. Kowalsic would have thanked me. He would have shown courtesy. I would have gained favour with a powerful Kindred."

"Instead, Ms. Simone, I was honourable. I held fast to the spirit of our agreement, I devoted myself to Mr. Small's safety, and went against the wishes of Mr. Kowalsic."
    "And how am I thanked? How is gratitude expressed? With demands and complaints!"
    "I will tell you how this will go. You will capitulate to my demands, or I will tell Mr. Kowalsic you and your charge are a continued threat."

Edward was tired of all the independent variables, tired of all the people with their own twisted sense of how to act. He wanted it to be prim and proper. He wanted Twist to never have her ears fouled with Mr. Kowalsic's stupid myopic lie. He wanted Mr. Kowalsic's ghouls to not be sniffing around every corner.

Most of all, he wanted his partners to be Knights of the Most Honourable Order of the Thorned Wreath. Deep grief gripped Edward, and he seemed to fall into himself. Edward continued, but his voice was small and tired.

"I will continue to prevent harm from coming to you or your charge, Ms. Simone. Before we discuss any of the events which have transpired tonight, the Archon must be informed, and I must meet with an increasingly frantic Mr. Kowalsic, that I may assure him the matter is handled. Please take your leave." It didn't escape Edward that Rosario would spill the beans the moment Simone asked, but Edward couldn't be bothered to care.

His buzzing phone earned a glance, speak of the devil.

Jennifer Hazelton

"Disrespect you? Why should I show you courtesy, Mr. Heinrich? You bring ghouls to my ghoul's haven. You don't clearly state what you need. It's your Covenant that's acting out about this, isn't it? Or are you still in? I've heard conflicting reports.

You embarrass yourself.
    You were in charge of this little coterie, weren't you?
    Why do I have to hold your hand?

The unaligned kindred attacked your special Mr. Kowalsic, in public, in order to get that embarrassment. To make him desperate enough to feed. Set up the mortal, who's disposable on her vendetta.
    The painting was stolen by that same unaligned kindred to embarrass your Covenant. Rosario only found it at the gallery tonight.
    Or have you still not grasped that?

I am not a mind reader, you have to ask for what you want.
    I was acknowledged by Priscus Durant. Or is there something else, some other hoop, you expect those who are not invictus to jump through?

This is Crone land, Mr. Heinrich. I am a maiden of the Crone. So stop being emotional.
    You threaten me with explaining to the Prince or Archon? I welcome it to be away from your bumbling. Enough. "

Simone looks away from Edward.

" Has he been treating you like this that entire time? Remember, this is your land, and courtesy to you and your guests should be expected.

I have been acknowledged by Priscus Durant. Either of you could have answered that by reaching out to her.
    I mean, you should probably verify that now.
    If Melanie was handled by Twist, the Domain is better off for it. She's not going to stop until she embarrassed the Invictus.

I thank you, Mabel, for helping me with Rosario. I owe you one."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable listened to the exchange.

"First, thank you Simone for letting me know. I needed to be sure."

"Second, let's all calm down. It has been a trying evening for all. Ed... sorry Mr. Heinrich, thank you for your help this evening. I promised to explain why I needed it. I have an ability to see through the eyes of a person so I chose to see what Melanie could see. It made me a bit disorientated as it was happening." She wanted to continue respecting Edward as he was respectful of her.

"Simone, he has always been respectful and helpful to me and has ask little in return. You are more than welcome to stay here if needed. As is Mr. Heinrich. But as my guests, I expect you both to be respectful of each other in my home. It is little enough to ask of you both." She gave them both a meaningful look.

"Rosario, how are you doing now? Feeling better?" Sad that the ghoul was the best behaved.

Jennifer Hazelton

The portfolio bag belonging to Simone's ghoul, Rosario Small, is relatively empty. There are three pencil sketches- two men drinking coffee under an overpass. A beautiful woman, in fancy cocktail dress, walking barefoot with her shoes over her shoulder. The third was a realistic rendering of an alley- recognized as the crime scene. Half of the picture is ripped apart. Several small pieces that size of a quarter are scattered in the bottom of the bag.
    This was the pencil sketch that original sketch of the feeding, torn into small pieces.

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Simone's rebuke washed over Edward. He had said unfair things in his anger, and unsurprisingly, Simone laser-focused on the handful of unfair things. How very typical. It was his mistake for stooping to her level without the ability to put her into the ground should she continue the rudeness.

He would not be risking anything for Simone again.

Edward nodded to acknowledge Mable's explanation but did not comment. It seemed a bit out of place to discuss it now. He was just glad she was alright.

Edward stood, turned to Mable, and bowed. His voice already regaining strength, "I deeply apologize for my outburst in your home, Ms. Wood, and will make it up to you. The night's trials are no excuse for my tactlessness."

"Nor are the trials concluded. Please excuse me." Edward unzipped the portfolio bag and extracted the third sketch, carefully scooping out the ripped up pieces. He turned to Simone, handing her the portfolio bag. As a way of explaining, Edward turned the sketch briefly towards Simone.

He bowed to the two of them, "other matters demand my attention. Good evening."

Edward departs if not stopped. Cane and sketch in hand, sketch pieces in a pocket.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable nodded to Edward, "Thank you, Mr. Heinrich. I appreciate your apology. You are welcome to visit anytime." Glad they were still on good terms. She watched him retrieve the sketch.

"Good night." She said with warmth in her voice. "See you soon, and thank you again for your assistance."
    "
    Once he left, "We need to discuss the sketch. Rosario, you can not put out art like this. Simone will be explaining to you what you did and why it was such a risk. I will not allow my family to be put in danger like this again." There was a sharp warning in her voice.

"Simone, please explain to him what and why it was wrong. I would like to be able to report back to Twist that this breach has been taken care of."

She pet one of the cats. "Now, what are your plans here in the domain? Which path of the Crone are you working in?"

Jennifer Hazelton

Simone nodded to Edward, saying.

" Take care, Mr. Heinrich." As he departed.

Simone gave Mabel a long look as she addressed her ghoul.

" I already took care of that the night you four led Kowalsic's ghouls to Rosario's home. That is why he tore his sketch. I made sure of it.

I can handle my own affairs. I thought I told him to tell you."

Simone spoke slowly and emphatically.
    A glance to Rosario.

" I swear, I did mention that you were angry with me. I thought I told them that you had restrictions on me."
    Rosario protested.

" What are your plans, Mabel? I heard you used to be Priscus of the Gangrel.
    I don't think now, after all this, is the time to discuss this.
    Have you assured the proper people that this matter has been resolved?"

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Sorry. Of course you gave Rosario a lecture and restrictions. I'm not use to ghoul etiquette."

"I'll check in with Twist shortl
    y."

She sighed, "Yes I did used to be the Priscus. " She shrugs. "My plans? Well, I am working on learning about the different paths of the Crone. I am hoping to be able to become the Hierophant and help guide others on their path. That's why I was wondering which path you are following."

"I used to think that you had to be a scholar to lead the crone. But I believe that my way of support and guidance is all that is needed."

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

The text from Twist stopped Edward. If she told him to wait, then what Mr. Kowalsic wanted was irrelevant. Edward did text back, though.

Good evening, Mr. Kowalsic.
    On the matter of allegations, you need not worry, I have impressed upon them the falseness of the charge. Names will wait for a face to face meeting.
    I will meet with her Grace shortly and shall be sure to pass along your invitation. When her business with me is concluded, with or without her, I shall come.
    Regards,
    Edward Heinrich

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread