Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(New Year 2020) The Bar

Dec 31, 2020 : New Year's 2020
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny joins Jenna at the bar.

"So how do you know Chris?". Tiny asks, enjoying his sweet wine.
    She and Chris seemed to be quite close. Friends? Co-workers?

He nods sympathetically, " I hear you, I've pulled a lot of late nights. My clients want long contacts first thing in the morning, and sometimes I'm emailing them at dawn. It's brutal in the legal world, what do you do?". He took another deep drink of wine.
    Elodoth | Storm Lord | Primal Urge 1
    Grapes [/] [] [] [] [] [] [] WP (6/6)

2. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze actually turns up right behind them; he apparently lagged behind saying social niceties in an attempt to smooth his exit.

"Oh, hey!" He says. "Sorry to be late to the party. Huh. I've really just been trying out the club scene. I know I am not a fan of beer, and whiskey is my fave so far, but I should branch out. Suggestions?" He says with a grin.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

4. Likes liked this post

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Matthew smiles back, as he stops himself from ordering another glass of Rose. He gets a playful smile on his face "Hey Chase! I'll trade you. I like sweet things, and can't stand bitter or smoky. I also like subtler flavors. I usually go for Rose or port. What whiskey or beer would you recommend for someone like me?" He looks at what they pitifuly call the 'wine list' "And for you, I'd recommend this, a chardonnay. Its aged in the same kind of barrels that a lot of whiskey is, do you think you could taste the similarity? I'd normally say to try this one, their Savignon blanc, but its probably been open since yesterday, no one at this kind of place drinks it."

6. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Chase?" Jennifer questions Matthew as the man in question pops in beside her. She smiles as Chase replies, gently touching his arm. "Well, you are sort of the reason I'm here..." She teases Chase, leaning in closer to him to say it more quietly.
    "Lets see..." She glances at all the bottles. "I had some sort of grasshopper when Sofia and I were out a bit ago. Grasshopper?" She requested of the bartender, the tone making it a bit of a question. She glances sideways to Chase.
    "You don't drink much, either? I don't feel so out of place." She looks to Matthew. "Oh, I went to college to be a white hat. I have been taking continuing education track. I like being a student, learning new things. Clients... I'm thinking lawyer?" She hazards a guess to Matthew.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze casually puts his arm around Jenna as she leans into him. The gesture has a familiar feeling, more like deja vu than any real memory of an experience. Jenna isn't like any woman he's known, and yet she seems very comfortable for him to engage in ways that would have real risk of turning out badly with someone he doesn't know well. Somehow, it's not a protective or possesive move, just...like his arm belongs there, and she belongs next to him. Weird. Like a 'past lives' thing or something!

He grins at Jennifer acknowledging, he imagines that if not for his text she would be burning the midnight oil studying something alone...probably listening to classical music. Nothing to hyper like Vivaldi either. Probably Brahms.

"Wow, Matthew, you sound like you really know what you're talking about!" Even if maybe he also sounds a little bit like Hannibal Lector... "You know what? I basically just drank beer in college with the other jocks and hated it, and didn't drink much at all until like a month ago I started coming out to try and experience new things. So far, whiskey neat is my fave. So, 'smoky' and 'smooth' I guess is a thing for me. I like that combination." He says, looking over at Jenna, feeling all of a sudden like he's describing more than a new drink he's found he likes.

He smiles as Jenna plays 'guess the profession'. It's interesting, she gathers facts, or likes to guess. He does too, and for him, it's just a way to try to get a feel for who the person is, how they see themselves. He wonders if it's like that for her.

"I gotta say though...I am new to the whole night life thing. I still get up early to meditate and work out. I'm probably going to head out before too long." He turns to Jenna. "I caught a ride here. If you want, I'd totally be up for sharing a ride when we go."

Not to be abrupt! Trying to trim some scenes from 'last year' particularly with my posting availability potentially being more limited for a while.

Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour for Dream Time, -1 WP, WP to Scour Glam to rebuild
     Harden Mask, Forgot to include in orig post, 

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Long legs carry her over to the others, drink in hand. Smiling, "Have I missed anything exciting?" asks the angelic voice.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

11. Likes Ruach liked this post

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

"Got it in one, yes, a lawyer. Mostly criminal defence and contracts. But i'll do anything but indian law if needed. That type is just too specialized if you don't do it enough. I have C-L-E to keep me updated with new laws and regulations, but if i could go back, i"d do pscyhology. lord knows I do it enough at work.
    Chase and Jenna's body language shows comfort and familiarity, and Tiny instinctly gives them just a little more space, leaning a little away.

"Thanks Chase, when it comes to food and drink, i really try to have a good appetite." He taps his slight paunch, "If something tastes good, enjoy!" Now he wants a steak. tender with a crisp bark on the outside and flaked salt with a bold red wine.
    He completely misses Chase's sultry look to Jenna, lost in the haze of delicious memories.

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Psychology seems like a great practice. I took all of the sociology classes I could that were offered at my college. Cross cultural was a favorite of mine.

This is just the second time I have been out in ages... I haven't enough experience to decide what's good. "

Jennifer meets Chase's eyes, leaning into him a bit more comfortably.
    "Yes, I would like that. I drove here..."

It's hard to look away from Chase, but Jennifer gives Sera a friendly smile when she joins them.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Oh hey, Sarah." Kaze says, smiling. "Um, me and Jenna are not that experienced with drinking and were talking about what to order, and Matthew was helping us out. Oh and after this toast, I gotta head out, and Jenna just offered me a ride!" Kaze looks happy about this.

Turning to Jenna he says with a grin, "Thanks, Jenna! I accept your offer!"

He orders a shot of whiskey, neat and when the drinks arrive, proposes a toast, "To Galin-chan's birthday! Happy New Year!"

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour for Dream Time, -1 WP, WP to Scour Glam to rebuild
     Harden Mask, Forgot to include in orig post, 

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Sapphires turn to the genial gentleman, “A lawyer? Wow, what a great field. Do you enjoy it?” he wasn’t the first lawyer she had come across. Maybe he knew that guy Sonnie went out with?

“Have you been to this wonderful little Italian restaurant on (insert address)? They have a simply amazing menu, I cannot get enough of it.” Plus, it had a special place in her heart.

The smile was returned to Jennifer. “We should exchange numbers and meet for coffee or drinks to talk books sometime.” But there was no pressure in her voice. Just a simple offer.

A nod to Chase, “Oh, I’m not that experienced either, not a drinker. But you have to love the atmosphere.” It was her main reason for going on.

“It was great to get to see you two again, maybe we’ll meet again some evening. I may even get Max to come out, have dinner or something.” Nightclubs were not really his thing, though he would go to make her happy.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

18. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread