Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny has called Bleeds Well and Hector to the locus. He is visibly agitated, pacing back and forth. The fight at the winery had gone so far to shit. What the hell had been the plan? What was going on?

And as the omega, it was his job to call out bullshit when he saw it. And that fight was nothing less than a giant heaping ranch-sized pile of bullshit.

What was the point of the oaths if they were just going to ignore them?
    Elodoth | Storm Lord | Primal Urge 1
    Grapes [/] [] [] [] [] [] [] WP (6/6)

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector arrives - soberly for once.

The beanie is still perched on his head and the ragged mess of a coat still swirls incoherently about his rangy body. The smell that normally accompanies him is absent, however. His beard is trimmed a little better. His skin is clear and his hands are no longer crusted in dirt. Has the homeless man gotten lucky and found a temporary place to stay?

He is smiling, but the happy grin folds quickly when the Alpha espies Tiny pacing. His lips peel back slightly - not a challenge or a rebuke; more like concern.

Hector has never seen Tiny like this before.

He approaches slow and carefully.
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny sees the alpha, and stops his pacing, giving a nod of acknowledgement.

"So, boss. I'd like to talk about what happened down at the winery. Because I think- well.. Actually, I'd like to hear what you thought about it." Tiny is obviously working hard at putting on a calm face, and doing his best to be a good elodoth. He doesn't sit down, but he does turn to Hector, giving him his full attention.

"Also, you cleaned up. What happened?" Was there a problem? A distraction would be really nice instead of having this conversation.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector inclines his head, responding to the Elodoth in kind; giving respect.

"Some charity has taken in a homeless man for a few weeks. Thought I'd play along but to be honest, its kinda strange having a bed."

"What happened at the winery? We went to do some recon and instead found an Anshega pack. The whole thing went pear shaped."

Hector moved over to where Tiny stood, looked like he'd like to sit - and then took note of the other wolf's stern features. And remained standing.

"Well... Put one way we got news there was a Pure pack out that way and went looking for it. They got the jump on us and came in numbers. My fault - I should have anticipated that the Anshega have a reputation for having large packs. I tried to lure their Alpha into a one on one - show I could take him out. Demonstrate we can easily break them. That, at least, seemed to work."

His breath burst from behind his teeth in a huff.

"No fucking clue what happened next. The pack seemed to evaporate. Next time I'm only going in with a dedicated strike team!"

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

"You look good." Tiny compliments, and listens to the alpha. When Hector says things went pear shaped, Tiny slumps down and sits on the dirt, spreading it over his slacks.

"So, thanks for explaining that. I agree, and would love to help plan better in the future. My main concern was twofold. The Herd must not know, and the People do not murder the people. When Bleeds changed right in the middle of the street, and then when you told him to 'End Him', I felt despair, and rage. How can he hold us to our oaths if he breaks them so fast. How can we listen to you when you jump a kid and order him ended? The half moon demands honor, justice, and clarity, so I have asked these questions. Tiny's tone is clipped, and he is holding a lot of tension as he speaks, he cares deeply about this.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector watches Tiny sit and then squats himself.

"Well - at that point I was thinking their pack had us cornered. Bleeds had went off at this target and it looked like his target - that kid. That Anshega I should say - fought back too. At the time, I felt it was all part of the test... They were testing us, watching for a weakness. I wanted to show that we meant business and were not slouches to be dismissed like scared pups."

"I wasn't expecting Bleeds to go full Gauru right out of the gate. Felt like he was over extending. Gauru is draining, after all, right? Kind of hoping they would take the hint and back off - give us a chance to get out before further lives were lost. Didn't quite work out."

"And yes, perhaps I was too impulsive. Call of Glory is strong in me. I. Yeah. I wanted a scrap. We've been besieged for months. Ivory Claws on our northern doorstep. Izidakh to our south. More across the river. I wanted blood. So maybe I let things slip and we walked into something..."

Elodoth were judges after all. He had to let the other world perform it.

It looked like Tiny needed to.

8. Likes liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Innocent cuteness)
    Presence
    (Enticing)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Galina
    Appearance

5'5-165cm tall, with a slim light body.
    Equipment

Purse
    Proteinbars
    Mirror
    Smartphone
    License
    Gloves

+1
    SL
    PRE

She hadn't been called but it was a calm day and with no direct plans so why not spend it to try and learn the area a bit better, dressed in her usual clothing used for driving her bike. The area were designed to be hard to find your way from what they seemed to think so why not check it out so that she wouldn't get lost in the future, walking with her purse and hip flasks enjoying to finally be able to freely consume vodka again when she heard their voices.

Putting the flask in her pocket as she pulls up her mask and slowly tries to approach them, giving a nod if she is seen whilst remaining silent hoping to learn more of how the pack interacted and were with one another.

Trying to find a good place to stand where she would not be more than a few yards away but still could keep her eyes on the area around them. Not that she expected an attack here but she were always ready for one whilst always wishing that one wouldn't come.
    Rahu Blood Talons Health:
    Her English have a very clear Russian accent.

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny listens, not passing any judgement, and keeps his face neutral. Inside though he is pleased to see this introspection from Hector. Because this was completely fucekd up, and he didn't even want to think about what his mother's pack would have said about it.

He nods to Galina, but doesn't say anything in greeting. This is serious business and delicate business, no need to add distractions.
    "My role is advisor, to help people see from different perspectives. So, Your the alpha, your judgement is what matters. What would your judgement be?" He's sure Hector will make the appropriate next step in logic, but Tiny is doing this by the book.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

"My judgement?"

Hector blinks. His feet grind as he shifts position slightly.

"Um... I'm not dishing out draconian punishments, if that is what you mean? The mission was a lesson in failure. How not do a recon... How not to go looking after a fight. Sure... I learned that if I want to scrap, it would be easier with a dedicated team and, like, an actual target for our rage... one that we have already scoped out and worked through the angles. So that we are not caught flat footed."

"I guess it means being more careful and plotting things out before we do them - not simply piling in the pickup and careening off like... I dunno... bulls in a china shop. Thats how the saying goes, right?"

"I don't know if Bleeds Well needs to be reigned in. First time I saw him go off was on that winery mission. He is usually a lot more cautious - so again, thats a lesson for me. He might have picked up on my vibe."

"Oh and preparation. We need to train as a team and stockpile some weapons. For next time."

He frowned then and his face melted.

"And none of that helps me answer your question about preserving the Oath."

Striking looks
    (Innocent cuteness)
    Presence
    (Enticing)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Galina
    Appearance

5'5-165cm tall, with a slim light body.
    Equipment

Purse
    Proteinbars
    Mirror
    Smartphone
    License
    Gloves

+1
    SL
    PRE

Her hands stiffening for a second as she heard the words of reigning in her fellow talon, that was not words she had expected to hear but this were a grand chance for her to listen and learn.

Letting her eyes walk over the area, breathing it in and letting her senses register as much as she could all whilst keeping track of both the alpha and the elodoth, standing still in absolute silence this were the position of a left side guardian and one she felt familiar and safe in.
    Rahu Blood Talons Health:
    Her English have a very clear Russian accent.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread