Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer considered the question. She spoke after reflection.
    " I wouldn't say that having prepared sheet is standard. As you move about, you'll find kindred who knew Notaries that always had a dozen variations written out. Another might mention that the Prince only allowed a kindred to swear to them if they could provide thier lineage up to six generations.
    One may mention that a notary in another Domain is a keeper of records, and used to record all transactions.

We're in a situation where the Lady Prince is not forcing an Invictus rule on the domain. I rather admire her dedication to neutrality.

I do have journals of various Oaths it have observed, to better adapt an oath to a specific situation.
    If you am swearing over someone not in the invictus, I likely would add some misdirection in a way that wouldn't hamper the effectiveness of the oath."

After all, those outside of the Invictus would have to trust what they were told. Although it was a fine line- Jennifer strode to keep herself honest in what she spoke.

"I was also asked to use my own words to swear. I did ask to have the position the same meeting that my coterie and I were accepted.
    Have you practiced the language yet?"
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"You asked to be named notary the same night you swore your oath?" A grin cracked, impressed with how he imagined that conversation would have unfolded, "That is quite ambitious."

He furrowed his brow as he considered the question, "The language of flowers?" He shook his head, "I've been pointed in other directions, but I do hope to commit some time to it soon."

Blood Hunt:

3. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Yes, I did. I felt like I wanted a challenge." A smile as she recalled the testing nature of the request. "I had been questioned a bit on why my Sire did not follow the tradition of my Grandsire. Perhaps I felt that I had something to prove."
    "Well, perhaps the language of flowers. I personally plan on getting back into the habit of sending out arrangements. I was thinking of the language of contracts. I imagine you have quite a few ideas."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The lord's hands open briefly as an accompanying smile crosses his face, "I hope this doesn't come off as snide, but contract language isn't something of a practice for me anymore. I do have a few ideas kicking around, but as most other things in this world have shown- time, experience and the blessing of being able to observe the well practiced hand of an established notary will only serve to strengthen those ideas into executable wisdom."

"I appreciate the time you've taken to indulge my curiosity and fill in gaps in my knowledge of the subject," his eyes lifted to the Lady, "Are there any other parts that need to be covered tonight on the matter?" His body stationary, but words alluding to the late night.

With the age of this scene we should probably wrap soon and if there's anything else we want to touch on socially we can open a new scene.

Blood Hunt:

6. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Not snide at all. You are going to have your own style, and its going to work well. I have faith."

Jennifer glances to the small watch that is connected to the inside of her notary case, the watch face denoting the late hour. She looked back to Jack, calm and collected.
    "If you do want to learn the Mutual Oaths later, we can meet. I do have to speak to Priscus Durant."
    I am comfortable adjourning for the evening, Mr. Jack. I think we've had a very nice talk. I appreciate you taking the time to learn about the Blood Tell Oath. I do think you shall make a fine Notary. Together, we can gather knowledge of more rare Oaths, and partner to safeguard the Invictus' interests."

Dark brown eyes survey Jacques for the moment, curious to his response.

I agree, we should close up! I am comfortable if you want to close after this post

8. Likes liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread