Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"I used this specific language because it suits my purposes." Jennifer stated.

"I am sure that if there is grievous error, or conflict, one could approach the Alder Duchess, Priscus of the Daeva, and negotiate another option.
    You state that it robs members of autonomy. This wasn't considered an issue when everyone of the Invictus swore this oath ten years ago.

What had changed? Is the need for autonomy greater? Do we foresee obvious pitfalls?"
    Her Cursed voice presents this as mere debate, without offense or anger present.

"I am curious about the concern over preserving one's reputation.
    Is the need to be able to utilize subterfuge and trick, or lay out more rope for unstable individuals to hang themselves, more important than a clear directive if someone attempted to demand Invictus secrets by compulsion?"

She considers Jack.
    " Do you think we could trust say, Mr. Heinrich prior to the event at the oath ceremony, or Ms. Maeve to follow through on an established standard operating procedure without needing to be bound by oath?"

Sorry for rough format, mobile post
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The way things were and always has been and no reason to change. It was interesting to see the vice still affect Kindred mindsets as much as it had mortals.

"Before I continue, please know that no matter the outcome of this friendly and professional discussion I will honor whatever language I am sworn by to my fullest ability without an ounce of resentment or displeasure. I simply have a habit of mapping out all of the potentials. Like many things you've already seen and heard from me, I like to anticipate and mitigate where possible. I may have a fervor about me regarding certain points I try to make, but if you disagree then I have no qualm in conceding to your expertise."

He considered her question before shrugging, "I do not know any of the variables from your past time here, but as a scholar who has watched the various changes in the world I would always be an advocate for autonomy as long as we would still be bound by our overarching intent and motive."

"Not necessarily," he offered to Jennifer's query, "However, the First Estate represents to Kindred society a pillar of strength with a penchant for the strictest decorum. I question why the prescribed language and actions within the oath as written appear to imply a lack of confidence that one our members would respond to such an imminent situation with common sense."

"Given the events, I would say that it would have been less likely for Mister Heinrich to have upheld his oath for long using broad stroke language." His head tilts as he ponders the hypothetical. "Is Ms. Maeve being vetted for membership?" he asked with interest.

Blood Hunt:

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

A sincere smile at those first few sentences.
    "I wasn't concerned, Mr. Jack. I trust that you are a man of your word. Yet, thank you, for assuring me further. It is appreciated. As I said, I am very interested in discussing the language with a wordsmith. My interest is... in making sure that everything the First Estate needs is ironclad in contract. I don't care if something written needs to be revised."

She considers his idea for a moment, turning it over in her head. She examines it from all angles, comfortable with the silence while with Mr. Jack.

"No, she is not. I am merely suggesting how one would feel if she did meet Alder Duchess Twist, Priscus of the Daeva's, exacting demands. I am curious, the broad strokes are preferred merely for autonomy?
    I did not mean to infer a lack of confidence. More ensuring that the First Estate was covered in an ironclad contract."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

A subtle relief washed over the Lord before he shifted in thought to her query, "Not complete autonomy, but enough to allow for agility to a variety of unforeseen circumstances."

He waves a hand off, "I feel that ironclad language is an admirable and necessary goal when it comes to interpreting intent and circumstance in the mortal's court. Here, your power could very broadly cover loyalty to and service to the Unconquered. Because of the supernatural attributes of these contracts, swearers can later be given directives by their superiors and be immediately bound by that same expectation of loyalty and service. Unless I am failing to see a pitfall, this seems like it would better serve our goals and allow for a more fluid dynamic."

"In my prior example, finding the head of the snake giving the Carthians orders felt like risk worth taking to strengthen our foothold in the Domain and ensure others considered their actions carefully before breaking the Laws, however this pursuit could be dangerous and place me in a situation that demands specific actions per the Oath and ruin my opportunity to promote our interests." He shrugged his shoulders, "I feel members need enough autonomy to approach a variety of situations as long as we are also bound by all of our actions serving in the best interest of the Covenant."

Blood Hunt:

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"I am curious, you have resided in Sacramento for how many years?" The Nosferatu inquired, her Curse afflicting the words with a serpent like quality, making the words supernatually bent. "Was there much interest in the Carthians in a past time? In most of my time, they attracted the loose canons and the occasional charismatic head who wanted some socially challenged scenario. I am curious if this plot could have gotten true momentum."

A statement that had no afflection, curiousity led. "It would need to be drummed out what directives are expected. More than recent meetings have lent. I am of the mind to meet with each newcomer of the First Estate and take thier measure on understanding.
    I shall not have another Ceremony as this past one."
    That did have a bite, but not directed at Jack. There should be no confusion where it was directed.

"I am making a guess, you have not attended many Swearing Ceremonies? I do hope to be presiding over a few as the wonders of the Blood Oaths are made known. There are a few variations in the Oaths between cities. In some cases, Notaries much travel between cities for the more elusive Oaths. Like the one I am seeking to master, I expect."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I'm certain it pales to your experience," he responded with clear obfuscation. "No, not really but not drawing negative attention to themselves would be the smart play." He chuckled quietly, "Well, until that at least. I was Whip at the time, and he must not have been very confident in his approach. When I suggested taking the discussion to a more private setting he spooked and skipped town."

He nodded carefully. It was a night to be remembered and she still bore resentment at the one who tarnished it. "An educated guess," he grinned as he affirmed. "Are you close to your newfound mastery?" He leans back as the debate of the evening seemed to be sidelined, "I fully appreciate that your work is an extreme commitment. Time, travel and the endless pursuit of knowledge."

Blood Hunt:

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Only because I have a decade to have witnessed the ceremonies." Jennifer's Cursed voice is light.

"I have completed one talent that I needed." Jennifer shares. "I will require more time and dedication to complete the second challenge. A worthwhile endeavor, it shall be worth the time and investment I must undertake. Do you have any specific questions on the initial Blood Tell Oath?
    I can start to teach you the specifics of how to use the supernatural aspect to seal the contract, if you wish. "

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque nodded in agreement before remarking, "That is good news. As unrefined as it may sound, at times I still find myself quite anxious when I cross milestones to some new mastery." He flicked his fingers into the air, "It can be a struggle not to simply tunnel vision on the remaining tasks. The athirst for new knowledge draws me like a moth to a flame."

Answering her question, "I don't have any questions specific to this Oath." He smiled as he leaned forward to engage with her continued lesson.

Blood Hunt:

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"I can understand that thirst for new knowledge. I share that in a way, focussing on my own goals. I feel it is very important to keep learning. The time we have been given is the gift to learn, in my opinion. "
    A friendly smile to the Ventrue.

" This one is the quickest of the Supernatural Oaths and can be learned in a single night. When conducting the Oath, I first inspect the written copy to ensure nothing has been omitted or changed. If everything is as it should be, I can focus on calling up the supernatural gift of enforcing the compact. Other Oaths will call on needing to know other Disciplines. I have had to coax my Blood down different Disciplines at times to ensure I can enforce the compact properly. "

She occasionally wondered if during one Invictus Oath Ceremony, the supernatural power she called forth would simply fail her.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He returned the smile with one of his own. Little did the Haunt know that was the driving force in Jack accepting the curse. More time to learn.

Jacque nodded as the Notary explained, "I noticed that you had language already prepared for a swearer to copy. Is that a fairly standard practice or just highly recommended?" He thinks for a moment before he adds, "I ask because in my first Oath to the Unconquered I was asked to use my own choice of words." Perhaps it was a test of some kind?

Blood Hunt:

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread