Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

The address Jacque is given leads him to what appears to be in a residential area in town. It’s a middle-class neighborhood: the houses are too run-down to be a bland suburbia, but it’s quiet and clean. You are admitted at the door by Jennifer.
    "Good evening.” She greets. "Please come in." Her serpentine voice creeps forth, a serpent slithering over dying leaves.

The Nosferatu has dressed herself in an A line dress in black. She wears a flesh toned scarf concealing the left side of her neck. A sparkling silver gauzy fabric is draped fetchingly over her shoulders, a bit looser than normal. The pin spider pin composed of brown and green precious jewels is present, pinning a fresh bloom of Blue Convolvulus flower.
    Jennifer leads the way into the main room off of the entry way. There is a window with heavy black out curtains are drawn, concealing the outside. Two small electric lights are set in end tables in the corner of the room, providing just enough light. The sitting area is composed of a leather love seat against the window. Facing the love seat are a pair of dark blue arm chairs in birch veneer. A low coffee table squats in the center.
    A small bouquet of red and white roses is on display on the coffee table. Unity is the message that Jennifer has strode to capture in her arrangement.
    There are two fine pens in pen stands and a few pieces of fine, quality stationary.
    “Please, sit.” She gestures. She positions herself in one of the arm chairs, leaving the one facing the front door to Jack if he chooses it.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Considering the location given by the Notary, Jacque opted to take the less flashy mode of transportation- his old Malibu. Something told him that flashing a quarter million dollar supercar in this neck of the woods would draw too much attention wherever he parked it. Stepping out of the car, he took the time to straighten his vest and pull at the band of his Rolex. Peeking out from behind the vest was a familiar tie bar, a gift given to him not long ago.

He smiled as the Haunt opened the door, "Good evening," He takes in her outfit and its accessories as he twists his neck from the sounds of her voice. "You look quite fetching..." he coyly offered to his well dressed comrade.

Following Jennifer he nods and takes a seat in the offered chair, positioning himself at the edge towards the table. His body language and demeanor clear that he has a strong interest in the lesson this evening.

Blood Hunt:

3. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Thank you. I have to say that you look very handsome. I like the personal touches." She remarks.The personal touches of a Kindred of Qaulity can have so many meanings. Like the solidary of the Invictus that she presented wearing a gift that Edward Heinrich had given her to Court just after Ms. Lenora departed the Invictus meeting so abruptly. Everything had a purpose.
    Dark eyes regard Jack for a moment, considering.

"We've spoken quite a bit on how important we see these Oaths. They are in my opinion, the back bone of the Estate. The one that I will start our discussion on is the Blood Tell Oath - the same Oath that we used in the Invictus Swearing Ceremony."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He smiled, happy that she had noticed the trinket. Each night he still found Jennifer to be a breath of fresh air, always seeing the veiled world they lived in as something bigger than just herself.

"An opinion I share wholeheartedly," he remarked. "My aim this evening is in the hopes that under your tutelage, I may be ready when called upon to maintain that strength. Our strength."

Blood Hunt:

6. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer is pleased to hear this spoken, and spoken so plainly by a Kindred of Qaulity.
    "This makes me very glad to hear." She states. "I had been a bit crestfallen that Sacramento was without the strength that the Blood Oaths provide for so long. Now with you taking the time - and effort-" For she knew of the immense effort and sacrifice that the Oaths called for.

"- the First Estate will be assured to be strong. The 'Blood Tell Oath' that we used recently was the most simplest of the Oaths of Avoidance. The Oaths of Avoidance include the Oath of Blood Knives, the Oath Unsworn, and the Oath of Burning Blood. We'll go back to this, because Oath of Burning Blood is one that I think would call to your line.

Now the language used is important, because it is in the Kindred's mind that the Oath demonstrates that it remains fulfilled, or that the Oath is Broken."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque nodded with pride, the Lady Notary granting him what appeared at face value as a vote of confidence in him. It was not unusual or perhaps even unexpected from all of several conversations they had leading up to this night, but to hear the words spoken still meant something.

He listened, taking a mental note of some familiar Oaths and some less so. The way she grouped them, how she addressed them- each detail meticulously being absorbed with his attentiveness.

At the mention of language, he leans forward- perhaps unsurprisingly interested since he had alluded to his concerns and experience in contract language at their last meeting. "Perhaps that is why these Oaths are so strong. We can lie to each other easily enough in most cases, but it is nearly impossible to lie to oneself?" The inflection twisting the would-be statement into a respectful question from student to teacher.

Blood Hunt:

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Precisely. That's why I ... narrowed the language of the oath we swore. It's a bit redundant with her Grace, the Alder Duchess Twist, priscus of the Daeva, being the Archon for her Ladyship, the Prince. Yet I feel that we are all prepared to support her grace, the Lady Prince, going forward.

Now, you had mentioned that language grating a bit. Did you want to discuss that?
    Or how to go about the mystic contract yourself?"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Sure," he responded as he took a moment to ponder what he had learned. "I suppose the crux of the grating is with the supernatural aspects of this Oath. A Kindred cannot hide their own motives from themselves, therefore they cannot fast-talk the blood into not drying. Considering this, I'm wondering why you prefer to be so detailed and outline specific scenarios in the language. The language dictates very specific actions I must take for a variety of circumstances, and at one point even dictates an implied responsibility for the actions of others."

He leans back considering the circumstances, "It is understandable that I be responsible for a retainer that sours for whatever reason, however, with the wide array of topics and swearings within this singular oath there is no real way to tell exactly which terms of the oath was breached." Tilting his wrist he queried, "Why would such specificity be better than broad strokes like swearing loyalty to the Invictus of Sacramento, swear to not reveal its secrets to outsiders, swearing to support the claim of an Invictus Prince, uphold the Laws of the Domain, to not knowingly permit or ignore usurpatory behavior and to act and make decisions in good faith to support the goals and strength of the Invictus?"

Blood Hunt:

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

QuoteQuote:
    A Kindred cannot hide their own motives from themselves, therefore they cannot fast-talk the blood into not drying. Considering this, I'm wondering why you prefer to be so detailed and outline specific scenarios in the language.
    "I resist the tired old 'devils in the details.' " She quips. "Yet I want every potential weakness that can be exploited to be buttoned up. Obviously, I don't see anyone going after her Grace or Her Grace, to blackmail or pressure them for secrets or influence. Yet there could be play for other members."
    Herself, for one. She was unsure how precisely some other Kindred in Sacramento had observed her, or made note of her attachments and weaknesses. Ideally, the Invictus would know that as she had tied a large aspect of her Danse and training to becoming the best Notary that Sacramento needed, that she would always report a potential breach without needing supernatural threat to do so.
    "I'll first address this aspect," Jennifer wrote out a line of text on the fine paper on the coffee table, using the fine pen closest to her.

Specific oath is only stated in a few words here, as it was kept in the Invictus group for a reason

"This aspect is very specific. If someone has compelled someone against their will to betray an aspect, they immediately tell their superior. As our numbers stand, our ranks are pretty set. " She counts off four fingers, silently accounting from rank from Jacque up to her Grace, the Duchess Twist.

"When I first was in Sacramento a decade ago, our numbers were much larger. My first night there was former Prince Asa, my coterie mate, Mr. Adam York who was new to Sacramento, but not the Invictus; and off the top of my head, five others. They could perhaps not be able to contact all of the others by mundane means to declare that a venue or sphere of our influence is exposed. Its a touch redundant, but population in Sacramento is fluid.
    I don't want to call the four of us to swear this in six months if we get an influx."
    A pause.
    These three others were not Kindred that she would consider problematic or prone to sabatogue the Invictus, or too stupid to realize when they are being played. One had to consider that a Quilz might stumble his way into the elite and be found out.

"I see that you have concerns that theres no way to tell which aspect has been breached. Adherence to her Grace's law or a more minor blip? Truth be told, I check these Oaths often and if I see the slightest imperfection, I would investigate the offender closely that any nefarious activities would tumble out. I can't think of a member of the populace who would stare eye to eye with her Grace, the Alder Duchess Twist, and get out holding onto any secrets of worth.
    Although what is your specific worry? That the language specifies different eventualities and not tying to a single, overall topic of loyalty?"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque nods, attentive to each detail explained by the Notary. "Of course, but in that same example you prescribe very specific reactions to very specific scenarios. This robs any member of the autonomy to gauge a situation; evaluate risk versus reward."

He leans back as he begins to share a story, "There was once a time a Carthian approached me. He had a mark he had been given, and wanted to cut me as the Prince's Herald into the plan in hopes that he could get some approval to protect his own skin in the task. I knew his endeavor was ill-advised and would only end in the Prince's fury, however I had a choice to make." A slender finger raised, "I could report such behavior immediately as the mark was an Invictus envoy," a second, "Or, I could play along and uncover who was giving the orders and reveal more threats that lingered within the Domain. My choices under this Oath could be far more limited."

He leaned forward as he summarized, "Examples of autonomy aside, I believe my single greatest issue is my loyalty may one night be called into question for something outside of my control or making a decision I felt ultimately would be in the best interests of the First Estate. I have no doubt that an absolving interrogation would occur under such a circumstance, but regardless of my innocence accusations and doubt are stains not easily scrubbed from one's reputation. It is for that reason I would prefer language that hold us accountable for acting in good faith to the whole over oneself."

Blood Hunt:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread