Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Simone and Priscus Durant

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jan 3, 2021 : (2101)Eternal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn nodded in approval and smiled. "Then I welcome you Cousin. Now to make use of your talents in this domain, you should set up an appointment with Seneschal Hart to indicate your interest in a Deputy position. I will speak with her now to let her know one of her Covenant has joined the court, and that I support your ambitions, but as for snagging the title, temporary or otherwise, that will fall on you."

Jennifer Hazelton

"Excellent, thank you, Priscus Durant. I appreciate that." A respectful nod is given, befitting Quinn's station. "I thank you for speaking with the Seneschal on my behalf. I look forward to speaking with her. "
    Might I make an inquiry of you? Have there been need of a Deputy?" Dark brown eyes regard Quinn closely.

3. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn smiled and nodded a bit. "It's not a problem. You come to me if you need anything. You understand? I don't care if its as minor as a proper dress for court, to issues with Kine, or anything else. It is a part of my job to help you settle in. To thrive here, and find your place." She nodded once, and then turned a bit more grave regarding the issues in the Domain.

"Your timing is interesting to be sure, but quite good. There is something killing our prey after they have been fed upon by one of the Kindred. You must excercise the utmost caution. Do not leave any Kine unconcious or otherwise woozy on your watch. It is causing Masquerde breaches. We must get to the bottom of this quickly, and we will need those able to handle themselves in a violent capacity, I fear. Be ready if any of the court officials call, and be ready to report to me anything that tingles your spidey senses. Do not worry if it is not important or you think it may not be something, just inform me. I will make the decision whether it needs to be further reported. Okay?"

Jennifer Hazelton

Simone nodded. "I appreciate that, it takes a lot of my mind knowing that I can approach you. I have a small bit of experience with Court, as long as a dress in good condition is fine enough. Not needing to be kept up with the current fashion."
    She took a quick glance around to maintain her situational awareness, and focused on Quinn.

"Thank you for the warning about that. Crazy things!
    There is something I can tell you about in private. I am unsure if I should mention it in such a fishbowl as Court."

6. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn nodded, and smiled reassuringly, or what she hoped was a reassuring smile. She cast a glance around court a moment, before focusing back on Simone.
    "As long as it is not personal, nor would it paint our clan in a poor light, please express what you need here. If it is important enough to bring it to your Priscus I am afraid court or no court, I better hear it? Especially with all that is going on. I don't wish to wait for privacy, if there is an ounce of urgency. Please, go on, Simone."

Jennifer Hazelton

"As you wish." Simone nodded in agreement, and lowered her voice. Lowering her voice didn't matter much in Elysium where anyone could listen in, yet she makes an effort to control the flow of information.

"I may have stumbled into the situation you described- something killing the prey. I found some police in a bar I was going to feed at, and I used my Gift and my skilled tongue to persuade some of the police on scene. I found a description of someone. "
    Another glance at those who were at Court, looking for any one paying close attention to her words.

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn stepped closer to Simone, so she wouldn't have to put as much effort to her quiet words.
    Quinn's entire attention narrowed down to SImone. "Please go on, Simone. THis definitely sounds like the kind of information I could use to help my investigation of this matter."
    Quinn would do almost anything for an edge on this investigation. The Clan needed a win under their belt. She wanted the attitude about the Shadow to shift.

Jennifer Hazelton

"The description could be for a number of mortal men. Its not a very unusual descriptor, but I was returning to the scene of the bar and found a Kindred matching it. I invited him to one of my info drop locations, and found him to be quick enough. His questions to me make me think he's trying to run down what happened, not that he already knew because he was the killer."

She slowly reached into her pocket, bringing out a folded paper coaster with a bar name written on it, advertising. A name had been written on it that Simone covers with her hand and offers to Quinn. If the Priscus accepts, Simone presses it to a palm in a manner to obsure others nearby from getting a glimpse of the information.

"I think I can use the police rookie again for more information. If you want me to. I haven't reached out since that night, looking into the dead guy instead. He was just an average joe, no reason to kill Harper that I can find. Mortal reasons, anyway."

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn took the coaster from her, and arched a brow. "Did the victim handle this? Or only the one asking questions about the victim?" She asked quietly for clarity, and peeked carefully at the information on the coaster for a second. Reading quickly, before nodding to her.

"Anything you can wring out of law enforcement short of using any methods that would break the laws of domain are fine with me. Find out if there was any connection between the victims if you can."

Jennifer Hazelton

"Neither." Simone clarified. "This is just something I picked up at the scene and wrote the name down on it once I had it."

The name on the coaster is short. JC.

"I shall do so and report to you." A hand dipped in her pocket and came out with a business card, the cheap sort that advertised on the internet. It featured Simone's name, phone number and a PO Box. "This is how you can get ahold of me. On another note... are there other Mekhet of note I should know about? Or any eccentric personalities? I don't want to step on toes."

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread