Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Simone and Priscus Durant

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jan 3, 2021 : (2101)Eternal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Finally she was able to focus on Simone.“I see,” Quinn said softly watching her. Evaluating her little litany of yesteryear accounts of where she had been. Not even more than a year in one place. Either she was a troublemaker, or caught the wanderer bug as some of her clan were inclined to do. Nosiness did not always confine oneself to one place. “Since you refuse to introduce yourself formally, by all means let me set a proper example which I fully expect you to have down after this instant. ‘I am Quinn Durant, Dragon and Priscus of Clan Mehket.’ She made a continuing motion with her hand towards Simone to imitate the address. Sometimes you really had to go back to the basics. She would not let Lady Notary Hazelton, Seneschal Hart, or her Grace down tonight.

“To let you know, I appreciate you stopping and immediately acknowledging the Kindred of Quality and court officers as they appear. It shows you have some good material to work with. Just need to polish off your rough edges.” One side of her full lips upturned just a touch for a moment, to let Simone know there could be light at the end of the tunnel. For those willing to learn. She was the rock and Quinn was the motherfucking sandpaper.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

Simone evaluated the Priscus for a beat. The beat stretched long as the new Mekhet seemed comfortable with the silence.

"You got it, Priscus Durant. Simone Perez, a part of Circle of the Crone and of the line Mekhet." A friendly smile. "I apologize that I didn't get the format you like. I watched a few folks get acknowledged over the years I was in Phoenix and things were more what can you do for me."

4. Likes Ruach, pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn chuckled a bit at that estimation. Kindred were selfish animals so it sounded about right. Some domain's were like that. Here in Sacramento understanding ones place, being available to the domain, willing to go the extra mile when called upon was the popular modus operandis. KIndred were habitual creatures. Those worthy of the domain would show their colors while others would fall back into anonymity, or flee the domain in shame. Which choose your adventure story was Simone up for? We will seee.

"It's already in the past, Simone. Interesting. Did you know that Senschal Hart and Ms. Mable Wood are also a part of the Circle? You have the possibility of fine friends here, Simone." If you cut the mustard of course.
    It went without saying.

"Have you ever commited Amaranth or plan on comitting it in the future?"
    She began the questions.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

"I have come across Mable." Simone shares. "I am glad to hear that we have members who are so well thought of here."
    Simone becomes more grave, giving serious attention to the questions being asked of her.

"No, I have not." She assures emphatically. "I shall not commit Amaranth."

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

"What brings you to Sacramento, though? You mentioned your positions in previous domains. Are you seeking the same here?"

Roll to detect if she was lying about anything she is saying

2 successes

10. Likes Ruach liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

"I was there for nearly 9 years. I wanted a change." Her words are to the point.
    "I've been considering it." Simone states. "I served Phoenix well as Deputy, I'd like to think. Yet I know I'd likely have to pay my dues."

She seems to be telling the truth, and her eyes meet Quinn's directly. No looking off to the sides or fidgetting.

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn nodded a bit. It made sense. Though suspicion clouded her mind. "Before I ask you to confirm your knowledge of the laws of the domain and the traditions and expectations of court or take any oath, I will ask what you know, or think you know of any breeches in the area recently." She said softly, watching her intently.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

Simone arched a brow at Quinn.
    "Any breaches I know of? Are there specific breaches you are interested in? I know of a police scene at a bar a bit ago. About a body being found. Not sure if its what you count as a Breach." As those could be broad strokes. A body could be a breach, or it could just be something unrelated to Kindred at all.

Simone waits to see if her Priscus has follow up questions regarding that.

16. Likes Ruach liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn nodded, content withher answer. Really she was just concerned that perhaps a new face meant someone in league with the perpetraitors of the Masquerade breeches. Since her instincts and ability to vet lie from truth seemed in tact. Quinn would act in good faith for one of her own.

"It's alright Simone, I had other reasons for asking that question, but it appears my fears are unfounded. Most excellent. Well then..." Her tone turned more formal.

Quinn went over the laws of the domain in detail and when she had completed this, she checked for her understanding. "Do you have any questions or need clairty on any of the laws of the Domain?"

Provided Simone did not, Quinn nodded to each of the domain officials starting with the Prince, then moving to the Archon, whom she paused to give a low bow too, and she held it for several seconds, before straightening and nodding to Seneschal Hart, and Priscus Jack, Priscus Hazelton. She said each name aloud and made sure Simone knew how to pronounce every syllable of their names properly, she also gave their clan and Covenant affiliations. She also mentioned Maeve and described her countenance so that if Simone encountered her, she would recognize her immediately.

"Now the Seneschal has all the paperwork and maps with her or in her office, if you need any clarification on anything or to see the communal feeding ground borders and laws of the Domain. Now, do you Simone swear loyalty to Prince Alessandra Antinori, and to the the officers of her Court, and to abide by the Prince's laws as set forth by her hand?"

Jennifer Hazelton

The scarred one watched her Priscus with curiosity. Yet when Quinn moved to declaring who was who in the Domain, Simone attended her closely.
    She too, gave the Archon a deep bow, and Alice a deep bow just a shade more shallow.

"I, Simone Perez, do swear loyalty to Prince Alessandra Antinori, and to the officers of her Court, and swear to abide by the Prince's laws as set forth by her hand."
    With all solemn formality, the Mekhet swore.

19. Likes pisces liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread