Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(2012) The Food Table

Dec 20, 2020 : (2012) Winter Coronation
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra makes her way over to the food table and just... lets out a deep breath. What just happened? She doesn't even entirely know. She sets John's gift from the Autumn King along with his other gifts and she just looks down pensively. What am I doing? What do I want? You're a terrible friend. Can't even keep your feelings to yourself. Shut up. She hated the way her inner voices battled.

She hadn't realized in the midst of that that Gerrit had been standing there at the food table as well. Was it instinctive that she happened to show up next to probably her only other friend? No, she had to put that gift away, but it was coincidence. Maybe a good one. She needed a distraction even if it were for but a moment. You're going to need to actually talk to John about this, you know that right? The idea of that put a sour feeling in her stomach. Fuck. Having a crush on Phillip was less stressful and confusing than this. But then, she'd only ever had one other crush, one love, one actual relationship. She didn't know what the heck to do here. Do nothing? Doing nothing sounds like a good plan. Cause you are doing so great at doing nothing, aren't you? But rejection would put a complete stop to this, wouldn't it?

Finally, she says in a somewhat weak, shaky voice, "Hey Gerrit. How's it hangin'?" Great greeting Cassandra.

2. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Cassandra's words snapped the Ogre out of his thoughts. How long had he been just standing here? The rigid harlequin-mask turned to Cassandra, the stiffness of his butler-persona worn as an armor - mostly against the negativity within. "Yes, I'm fine."

Then he noticed the sound of her voice. Memories of their night of arts and craft came back to him: she was his friend, she really cared about his well-being. And now, she herself seemed distressed. Gerrit's voice got a lot warmer, losing the facade completely. "Are you all right?"

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

It was odd, someone she trusts just asking her what's wrong. For a moment, she even forgets that she is in a public area and she looks up at the masked Gerrit fully with her slightly puffy eyes. Even behind the mask, that little bit of redness peaks through just enough that if one truly looked could see was the cause of her emerald eyes popping with bright color.

Her breaths are slow, considering what to say. Finally, she gets out in a whisper, "I don't want you to be right..." Quickly, she takes a little cookie and takes a bite, trying to keep herself calmer. Focus on chocolate. Chocolate is calming. You aren't going to cry. She takes a few more slow breaths, oddly enough, beginning to calm. She looks around and she really doesn't want to talk about it all here. But they can be discreet. They are Winters.

5. Likes , Shane, Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

It didn't take Gerrit long to know what Cassandra was getting at - his mind hasn't really been far off of this since he saw them dance. Just as he hadn't realized Ram or Yamiyo Lillich addressing him earlier, he now was oblivious to his surrounding other than the Fairest. What was he supposed to do? His first instinct was to offer her a hug, but he didn't know how she'd react to that and it would only draw attention.

Slowly, he also reached for a cookie and gave her the most sympathetic look possible with the mask. His words were deliberate and carefully chosen. "You know, sometimes I get this craving for cookies. It's not just any kind of sweet, it's got to be this special brand of chocolate chip. It's all I can think about and it really spoils everything else I could enjoy instead." Turning the cookie around in his hand he looked for Cassandra's eyes. We really need to work on a common Mourning Cant. "Problem was, when I finally got to the supermarket and bought me some, when I finally got home and dug in, I realized that they really didn't taste as well as I thought I remembered. I was hungry for sugar and I misplaced that craving into one specific kind of cookies." He let the hand holding the baked drop and forced out an audible chuckle, a feeble attempt to add levity to the situation. "Funny how that sometimes works, isn't it?"

Then, in an almost coarse whisper he added. "Can you make it through tonight, taking it a minute at a time? Maybe we can talk about this where it's more.. private soon?"

The Ogre wrapped the cookie in a napkin and put it beside the plate. He wasn't particularly hungry at the moment. His voice was at a normal volume again and he was surprised how chipper he actually sounded. "So, do you want to dance or sit for a moment?" ​Just offering her some outs, some distraction for the moment.

7. Likes , Shane, Shenanigans liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra ponders on Gerrit's words for a long moment, trying to breathe in the process. She takes another bite of her cookie looking from his back to him, trying to decide how to interpret that. I do have a type... I know that much. John in appearance is exactly my type, but he isn't a shit person. He isn't a great, fantastic person, but he genuinely cares about people. Maybe I am projecting my feelings. Maybe I'm just lonely. Fuck, I am lonely.

"Maybe you're right."
    She says quietly. But maybe I have to eat the cookie to find out? Get completely rejected and let it all smooth over. Rejection is easy. He doesn't want you anyway. And for once, she actually agrees with that secondary voice in her head. It's only her and he doesn't have feelings for her. After all, she keeps confusing him at every turn. That's got to be more than a turn off. Friendship is more important.

"A little one on one wouldn't be horrible."
    There is at least a faint smile.

"I'm good for either. Are you in the mood to dance? I also wouldn't mind doing the whole eating feelings as is traditional for any Winter's ball."
    She laughs a little at that and then looks off to the side and sees John, wondering what could be going through his head. But then, she couldn't possibly know behind that mask, could she?

9. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

He couldn't help it: he reached out and squeezed Cassandra's shoulder. I always expected to have this kind of conversation with my daughter, but here we are. The thought brought a bittersweet smile to his face. Seeing her cheer up ever so slightly extended this feeling right down to his belly.

"This is your call - I must warn you though: I'm not much of a dancer." Looking over to the empty floor, he added. "We'd also be kind of alone there. I guess we overestimated the demand for high-class events here, huh?" Another attempt at a joke - sometimes he'd just have to be ruthless in his attempt to cheer someone up. Catching her look, Gerrit smoothly shoved himself between her and John, slipping into his butler act again. "Maybe milady could grant me the joy of her company at our table?" It really was corny instead of authentic, but he wasn't here to win awards.

11. Likes , Shenanigans liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra normally would have flinched a little at being touched, but when friends are close enough, it never did seem to matter anymore. Maybe I'm finally getting comfortable here. I mean, I already knew that, but it is nice to feel it outside of the bubble.

She laughs a bit, "Don't worry. I have no idea how I managed to do so well with John up there." Something about the way we dance together. Stop it. She takes slight notice of how he puts himself between her and her gazing at John, but doesn't say anything. It's better that way anyway. She takes his arm, "Honestly, I'm a little disappointed more wouldn't want to hop off and do some dancing. I guess we just aren't that kind of Freehold. Baltimore was larger, so more pressure to go with the themes."

"We could always go a bit silly with our dancing, not a true waltz, though we could give it a go regardless."
    Another laugh. It was easier to just get her mind into this space and try to forget about her infatuations. Stupid little infatuations.

13. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

(Turn that frown upside down!)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

She was actually cheering up - good. Less good was the fact that Gerrit would have to follow through with actually dancing with her. Not really doing a classical dance was an option, but that would probably made them look like hypocrites - scorning Sonnie for her mask and then making a fool out of themselves on the dancefloor? Then again, that's a small price to pay in order to get Cassandra's mind off of that Sorrowful King. "Very well, going silly it is then."

So he led her to the dancefloor, where they arrived right as the music did some kind of flourish.

1 success

For a moment he was taken back - back to this sunny day in June, to a noisy street corner and most importantly: back to the woman who danced into his life without a care in the world. Cassandra really deserved happiness, be it with John or alone or with whomever. And Winter or not - for a few minutes he would try his best to at least dampen her sorrow.

The Harlequin bowed slightly to his lady. Then, trying to figure out the rhythm of the chaotic music he did his best to recreate the famous moves of John Travolta in 'Pulp Fiction'. He spiced in up with some amateurish nods to Fred Astaire, attempting to mimic the magical moments of some of his favourite movies. This might be the most foolish things he had done in a long time, but it honestly didn't feel all that bad.

15. Likes , Shenanigans liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra follows Gerrit to the dance floor, a small smile on her face. The music gives a cute little cadence and she readies herself. What she couldn't have been ready for was Gerrit's dance moves. She is taken aback, but then just decides to go with it. Dancing like a complete and utter fool, laughing.

She does a few little ridiculous spins, but as she does so, she catches herself on her dress. There is a loud squeak of surprise as she falls right to the floor, landing with a big ol' thump on her bottom. She is surprised for a good moment as she sits on the dance floor in a mess of her skirt around her. Thankfully, nothing showing. For a brief moment, she is embarrassed, but then... she just doesn't care anymore. Let them laugh at her, let them be confused. Stop trying to control everything and let the ridiculousness get you.

She rejects any help of getting up for the moment and just sits there on the floor, laughing for a good minute, frozen tears streaming down her face from the pure stupidity of it all. Eventually, she reaches a hand up to Gerrit for him to help her up. "Oh, dear god. What even was that?"

Dancing Failure!

17. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

At first he didn't notice Cassandra going down - he was doing the wavy diving motion with his eyes closed after all. Only her laughing fit got him to stop and notice her fall. He wanted to help her, but she made it clear that she just needed that moment.

Gerrit actually felt like a bit of a hero at this moment. A few moments ago his friend was taken over by her sadness, but that was then and this was dumb. He couldn't help joining in on her laughter, unaware of the looks they might be drawing from other Lost. Still chuckling he finally helped her up, taking care of her not further tripping up in her dress.

"That" he muses, not without grandeur "is what happens when you challenge me to a dance off." She couldn't see it, but the Ogre was smiling from ear to ear. He took a deep breath and got the last giggle out of his system. "Have enough?"

19. Likes , Shenanigans liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread