Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 18
DISPLAYED
(2012) The Food Table

Dec 20, 2020 : (2012) Winter Coronation
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

She continues laughing as he helps her up, "Yeah. Gees. I might be good at a waltz, but apparently I need to learn how to jam again." She shakes her head, her mind for the moment off of the thoughts of impending doom that might come later. But not tonight. Nooo. Never tonight. That would be the worst way to do it.

"Oh god, now I want cake. Can we drown in cake now?"
    She says, looking over at the food table, ready now to let her burning cheeks calm while she gorges herself on chocolate. And to think, I'm the Onyx Thane. Daisy would be appalled by my behavior. Since when do Winters get to have fun? The answer is practically never with that court. We are different. We are disarmingly fun, which is what makes us more dang- whoa there crazy. Calm down.

2. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit was sending silent thanks out to whatever. Not that he was out of breath, but with all the good that it's done being the centre of attention wasn't really his thing. "Sure, let's dig in." He accompanied her back to the food table, making sure not to look around - so what if anyone had seen them?

He didn't get anything himself, but he let her have it. While she was busy, he asked an innocent question. "Cassandra, do you think you'll play for us tonight?" Somewhere, in the back of his head, he remembered her telling them that music always made her feel better and that would round off the triple-threat of cheering the Artist up. Plus, the way she played really was wonderful. We all deserve some wonderful tonight.

4. Likes Shenanigans, liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

The first thing Cassandra does is cut into the chocolate cake she had brought, all frosted with a wintery theme, and set a large piece on her plate, grabbing a couple of macarons while she was at it. She leans up against the nearest wall and sighs, taking a good bite of the cake and just... decompressing for a moment. Closing her eyes, she lets the taste of the cake overwhelm her senses and take her mind away from... what? Teenage drama? Isn't that what all changelings have? Teenage angst? Probably.

She opens her eyes finally and gazes over at Gerrit and nods, "That is the plan. I think I'll play us out. Give us one last good thing to end the evening. Something on a positive note. Can't end this birthday too poor-" She winces. Fuck. She hadn't meant to let that one loose. Technically, only Yamiyo knew it was her birthday, and apparently, she'd forgotten. Good thing too, because she wasn't going to bring it up unless it came up. It's John's night, not hers. Failed plan apparently. Just pretend no one heard you. You talk rather softly anyway, right? She takes a moment to consider it and she recognizes that she's made it all about her somehow. She lets out a slow, shallow sigh. Some friend I am a thousand times over. I don't know what I owe him, but I owe him something after all of this.

"Just pretend I said nothing, please." There is a somewhat pleading look at that.

6. Likes liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit watched Cassandra indulge in what's probably a form of eating her feelings away. Well, everyone's got their own way. He glanced around the room, subconsciously watching out for anyone gossiping or trying to bother them at this vulnerable moment.

He respected Cassandra's wish by not even acknowledging her slip-up. He simply nodded. "That'll be nice, I'm looking forward to hearing you play again." He could relate to her not wanting to make a big deal of her birthday. He wasn't big on celebrating his either, and his stance on the holidays seem to differ from most others: he actually wanted to spend things like Christmas or Thanksgiving with only the ones closest to him, he didn't see the need to spend fortunes on gifts or cards for acquaintances.

He noticed his thoughts drifting off, but didn't fight it. Tonight has been somewhat exhausting and for the moment he was content just being there for Cassandra and breathe amidst the hustling and bustling of the celebration around them.

8. Likes , Shenanigans liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra continues taking small bites of her cake, glad for a moment that someone legitimately listened to her about not making a deal about something. She dares a small glance over at John, seeing him with Anatole when he exclaims a big 'What?!'. Wonder what that was about.

She smiles up at Gerrit, "I'm looking forward to it too. I feel as though it will be a good way to end the night and bring just a hint of lightness." Though there is a hint of anxiety then, "Although, who knows, with my luck tonight, I'll have a string break or something. I feel like that first dance was the weirdest luck I've had all night. Although, perhaps that is the point." There you go overthinking things again. I really hope I haven't... no. Stop it. She looks mildly conflicted again, but she just continues with her cake, trying to eat her feelings.

"I'm looking forward to us getting together again after this. Somehow I feel like we have a better time when it's just the three of us,"
    She laughs, "Or maybe that's just me."

10. Likes Aeolus, liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

That smile made Gerrit realize that things do get better, and that fighting for a new life is always worth it. Those little things that can only blossom through sadness.

He shrugged - wishing the bad luck away instead of dismissing Cassandra's worries. "You'll do fine - this is our night. The dance was no mistake and the wonderful ending to it won't be a mistake either."

The Fairest actually said what Gerrit kept in the back of his mind for some time. The two other Winters really were the one's he felt most comfortable with, by far. Looking around the room he really thought about it. There was Summer, loud and boasting. He couldn't place Vivian yet, and he definitely could see the good side of Circe and especially Ram - but there were a lot of points where they differed. Anatole was the closest non-Onyx to Gerrit. By the looks of it he seems to be close to John, too. That was a good sign, as far as the Ogre was concerned.

Then, most prominently there was spring. Also loud, even more so than the Iron Spears. They carried their heart on their sleeve, always quick to offer their help and chasing after some sort of Desire. He didn't really connect to either of them yet.

"It's not just you. I really think us finding each other in this cold Court was the lucky break we deserved."
    He was silent for a moment, then - almost bashful - he added. "I'm really glad John said those things about Winter. The things about shelter and warmth."
    He didn't really want to get into it more deeply, he just wanted to get that out. To prevent any possibly pity coming his way, he quickly continued. "How are you? I think I didn't have the chance to congratulate John yet and I should get this done before he disappears or gets swept up by his other loyal subjects." A glimpse of mischief colored his voice, but then he turned earnest again. "Is there anything else I can do you for you?"

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Gerrit's comment gives Cassandra a moment to just breathe and smile. "I'll do my best. All I can do truthfully." We all just need to do the best we can do at any given time. Goes for everything really. And sometimes we can only dream... Something does occur to her in that moment out of the blue. She still hasn't had her dreams checked for dream poisoning. Oh please, I really don't want to deal with that right now.

Again, Gerrit's sincerity brings another faint smile to her face, particularly after her previous thoughts. "Me too."

Then as Gerrit begins quickly speaking, she can tell he needs to busy himself. She isn't entirely sure why he'd chosen that moment, but perhaps it is how candid he had just been. "I'm doing fine, Gerrit. If you need to jet to go say high to our lovely monarch, go for it. I had a whole dance to do it. Plus, he could probably use company that isn't trying to confuse him," She laughs, but it is true. Inwardly, she does sigh at that. Gotta figure out what to do about that. "I'll be here for a bit enjoying my cake. Who knows, I may try to chat with someone else if things arise before I play."

"Off you go then."
    She says with a little laugh before taking another bite of her cake.

13. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit gave Cassandra another searching look. "All right. I'm nearby if you need anything." He almost wanted to add something banal like 'try to enjoy the rest of the evening', but Cassandra was worth more than some empty phrases.

Instead he smiled at her, then - remembering that she couldn't see that - he just gave her a thumbs-up, did one last shimmy reminding them of their dance and left the Fairest alone with her sorrow and her cake.

15. Likes Shenanigans, liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread