(Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Damn. It was one thing hearing bits and pieces of the history between informal meetings and another thing entirely to hear the former Hierarch of the Consilium to tell the story. Suddenly everyone's reluctance to talk about those events made sense. There was a strong feeling of loss, helplessness and pain screaming between the lines of Campanella's tale.

Crystal thought for a moment about what he wanted to say to this. This was big, this couldn't tolerate insensitivity or stupid questions. He cleared his throat, hoping to get the permission to speak up from the Daduchos. Once granted, the Warlock straightened up some more and looked to make eye contact with his superior - subtle signs of respect, so he hoped. "So, this Archmage is no longer here? Daduchos Campanella, I don't question your judgement - you've told me that you are completely certain that the threat has been permanently dealt with - but with the absence of the Awakened that played a big part in the victory over the Seers, can we be really sure? How can we be sure that the Seers won't return?"

Fuck, that probably wasn't the most sensitive way to bring up this topic again. "I understand if the answers to those questions are not meant for us to know - if you can't answer, I will respect this in the future." Not that he had any leverage at all, given his status - but he didn't want to get Campanella in the awkward situation where he'd have to lie or share more important secrets.

"For that matter - is there anyone among us proficient with the Arcana of Time? I'd like to propose for someone to take up the study on these topics, so that we might have a chance to gain a deeper insight into this at some point in the future." With this, he broke the gaze off of the Moros and looked at the other Awakened in the room. Maybe it was way out of place to talk like this, but they could hardly blame him for being the kind of guy he was.

Well no, they definitely could but that particular glass of milk had been spilled now.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The Shaman remains quiet as Campanella spokes, her eyes focused somewhere else. It wasn’t to be rude, but to deal with the memories. The memories of loss, pain, having her Path changed. The wounds were still fresh for her, and might be for a long time. But they were not wounds she wanted to bring up. It was over with.

Finally, she speaks, still focused somewhere else, “Nothing is certain, we have no way of knowing if the Seer’s will return or not. We can only be as prepared as we can be, and learn from what happened before.” Her voice devoid of all emotion.

“The Clock is dead, and the events have already occurred, there is no need to dive into them. No need to bring up the pain and loss that went with them. Some things are better left alone. Not to mention that there were different experiences for everyone involved.”
    Looking at her hands, “Lets just leave it be.”

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple
     Improvised out-of-path, ExitScene

PRE

Corn was simply stunned. So many things he wanted to say, so few possibilities to say them. A loooong string of revelations. The details were few but the revelations were stunning.
    "I ... am sorry for everyone's loss." was all he managed to say. "These are fresh wounds, I suppose. "
    Campanela was once the Hierarch? And he stepped down? San Francisco didn't really like them? They also didn't like San Francisco? Archmages dealing with the Seers? Campanela knew an Archmage and where he used to live? Met only three of them as if that was a small number? How many there were in that cabal?
    That house is still there? Campanela knew an archmage? No wonder these guys were not considering mastery to be anything special.
    "I would assume that the house of the Archmage is still off limits, isn't it Daduche? Especially for a time-travelling cabal, we can't be sure when he or they will return. While I doubt the archmage would have forgot something he didn't want others to find I think the best approach at this point is to stay away from this place until, and if, we know more. Be it a month or a decade.

There are more things I would like to know about our relations with San Francisco and a few things you mentioned in that story, but that can wait. What are the next steps for the Order, Daduche Campanela? How do we rebuild?
    "

Campanela's description of the events in the empty, ransacked Athenaum is several orders of magnitude better than reading bits and pieces in the wiki and I can say that it is the most evocative post I've read in this site in the 2 1/2 months I am here.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

6. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"I don't know if the Seers will return - either in force or piecemeal. If I were to read between the lines, Magus Crystal, I might hazard that the Archmage was targeting the group or groups (who knows with the Seers) who bought the ritual into being. If the return, I believe it will be in a different form than before."

"Aurora is right. The Time War is a serpent eating its own tail and it will suck you into its wake if you let it. The clock is deactivated, almost like it never was. The only Awakened versed in time would be Acanthus, I think. There might be other mages with an interest in the Time Arcanum but to my mind they have always been few in this city. We have had an overabundance of the Mighty, and now the Shamans; Enchanters have been few. Fewer, I think, than Necromancers or Alchemists such as myself."

He ran a hand through his hair as his focus moved around the little group.

"Yes, Corn. For the time being I would like the Archmage's house left alone. Besides, as an Order, our focus should be on restocking this Athenaeum; even a library of our own works would be better than what we have now. Given the types of work Magus Corn here has suggested right from the start, we might have already begun. Magus Crystal, if you wish to pursue a study of Time to assist us, I will assist where I can."

"Otherwise, depending on your personal feelings and development, we could perhaps look to using our numbers. The Consilium is fragmented right now - it always has been - but we are in a position to expand the influence of our Order. There are no roles to take, no positions to covet; doesn't mean you can't lead by example and gently guide the others to the right path."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

8. Likes Orianna, Aeolus, liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

This promise of safety wasn't a guarantee, but it was close enough. And while on some intellectual level he understood why Aurora wanted to close this chapter of her life, Crystal couldn't grasp her unwillingness to get to the bottom of it. Wasn't this why they were Mystagogues? Wouldn't other Orders turn to them in need of answers?

He didn't say any of this. Instead, he gave the Shaman an sympathetic nod and turned to Campanella again. "Thanks for the offer. I will begin to look into the workings of that Arcanum - if only to provide our Order with a well rounded area of proficiency." Plus, if nobody else here knew a thing about Time, it was really easy to stand out.

The Warlock didn't move a muscle when Corn wanted to learn more about the San Fran Consilium, but that took a lot of composure. Call it sour grapes, but he couldn't care less about the snobs over there.

"As for expanding the influence of our Order: I'm all for it. Did you have anything particular in mind?" He didn't want to go around and try to recruit any other Awakened. The people he'd met were either committed to another Order or really convinced of staying out of the Diamond's business - evangelizing them would be both exhausting and not very promising.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There wasn’t really anything she could add to what Corn said, his words mainly directed to Campanella.

Time was a, delicate, topic for her. And as such, she remains quiet. Would she pick it back up? It was hard to say, but she did still feel a closeness to it. It was familiar and comfortable.

“I just believe some things are better left alone. Can we learn from it? Yes. But beyond that, let it rest.” And that was all she was going to say.

“Aside from restocking with our own works, where would be a good starting point to search for Tomes and other items?” she asks Campanella. “With the possibility of two works being added, there has to be other avenues we can explore.” It cannot be all Order works.

11. Likes Aeolus, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple
     Improvised out-of-path, ExitScene

PRE

"I think we are the biggest order right now. While there's not always power in numbers, in this case, I think it is." Corn said about their influence.
    "Restocking... you mentioned things have disappeared Daduche as the people that found them disappeared or changed and the time-flow was redirected. Well, perhaps... those things didn't disappear completely from the world but they have not been discovered yet in our timeline. We may find them where they were first found. Or, if it comes to it, they may have been found by different collectors, whether they are aware about the supernatural or not.

Frankly, I suggest we do what I was told to do when I first moved back to my town as a mage: A lot of legwork. Walk around museums, libraries and places with curiosities looking for items of power... with the necessary precautions. Not that I expect a treasure trove to be ready for the taking, we will probably find nothing or things of little value. But at least we would have looked. It took me a lot of time and effort before I located anything of value that way, but I did. "
    And I found my hallow that way in Sacramento within weeks but that detail can wait.

"As for those Grubs, I will take a closer look. Am I correct to assume that we have free access to the Athenaum?"

Then he made a pause.
    "Last but not least. The archmage's house is better left alone and undisturbed.
    But what about... the sanctums of the Seers that vanished in time? I assume some of them have been brought down by members of the Consilium while some have fallen to the Archmages or even to infighting. Perhaps the Archmages looted what was left, or their minions did but perhaps it is worth to take a closer look. It is risky as those places may be watched but Knowledge has a Price.
    "
    And I will be staying up at night wondering whether my hallow is a left-over from a mage that vanished in time or never-awakened or a dead Seer. Or of a Seer that has ran away and may come back to reclaim it, so better to find out if I live in a Seer's sanctum.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

13. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

To Crystal: -

"Nothing in particular. If we ever need to act as a bloc - say for a vote for some reason in Consilium - then perhaps we can work together. And perhaps bring others with us. Other than that, simply look to building good relations with our fellows. Is that not how favours are earned and traded?"

To Corn: -

"Legwork is a good start, yes. Sifting rumour for fragments of Truth is what we do. And yes, you all have full access to the Athenaeum here. I see no reason to hold things in mystery when we have so little. I can't say much for abandoned sanctums - from the Seers or anyone else. Our enemy was rarely seen. Of course, if you find one..."

Campanella spread his hands and left his response hanging in the air.

To Aurora and Corn: -

"Yes. I'll keep my ear to the ground. I move in the circles of antique collectors and the like. If I find something... interesting... I'll let you know."

"The obvious place to go seeking our treasures would be auctions. But the Supernal is not just a thing for the wealthy: any strange story, or place, or person, can be of the Supernal. Urban legends, rumours - our own senses as well if you are close enough to something magical. Be aware at all times and keep an open mind."

Most of this stuff is difficult to reproduce without an active ST or a player-run-plot. Some things can be 'bought' as merits with XP and some Glimpses. Just so people are aware.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

15. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal nodded at Campanella's explanation. So even in spite of (or maybe because of) the weak structure of the Consilium they weren't planning to actively seek out political power. Maybe being a Hierophant - or rather, stepping down from the position - put those things into perspective. Thinking about it, he really only vibed with Guru and Kaze so far, the other Awakened didn't really stand out to him. Maybe he had to change that.

He listened attentively to the rest of the discussion - he had nothing of substance to add, so he might as well just absorb the information and use it for something someday. Supernal antique shopping sounded like fun, no?

17. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A glance to Corn, “If you decide to take a look at them, can you let me know/ I would like to look at them as well. My magic has grown quite a bit since they’ve come into the Mysteriums possession.” What would a Mastery of Life show her? But she would be curious if she could find that shed again.

Nodding to Campanella, “I’ve been exploring galleries as of late. Nothing has stood out to me, but I’ve been enjoying what I’ve been learning while there.” Thinking for a moment, “Cannot say I’ve attended any auctions, but would love the chance if one presents itself.” It would be something new and exciting.

“But I intended to continue my journey of the local galleries, keeping an eye and ear open for anything,”
    a pause, “special. I would like to our Athenaeum filled once again and fully support this venture. And believe a combined effort will get us the desired results.”

19. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread