It was raining. But that didn’t stop the Shaman from going out into the night for a walk. Her ear buds were in, and she let the music decide where she went.

Her mind a jumble of various thoughts. None making much sense, all bleeding into each other.
The main focus seemed to be what direction she was going to take. She had never felt so cold and empty as she now did. There was none in the city to connect with, those she sought, shunned her.

Not that she blamed any of them. She had not been the most social or approachable person since returning.

Her thoughts clouded with images that would sicken most. Sounds that she could still hear, even over her music or anyone speaking. Her soul tainted by the murder she had so easily inflicted. Was she truly meant to walk the Path of the Shaman? Or was it some sick trick by whoever had managed to alter her Path?

‘Well what is this that I can't see?
With icy hands gettin' hold of me’

She might never know. It seemed that knowledge was beyond her grasp. And those she went to for guidance and direction, were not there now. Seemed her past of living a solo life and rejecting any sort of relationship had finally caught up with her.

As she stopped, she looked around. Finding herself in the same cemetery she was in on Halloween. Wondering if it had been a mistake to not go out to the clubs instead of sitting here, in a graveyard and talking. It very well could have been. Glimpsing the future was beyond her grasp these days.

Lowing the umbrella, she closed her eyes and let the rain wash over her. Lifting her head into the heavens, ones she would never know, the rain cold, but comforting.

‘Too late, too late, to all farewell
My soul is doomed so heed me well
As long as God in Heaven dwell
Your soul, your soul shall scream in Hell’

Lowing herself onto a tombstone, she began to work out her options. None of them ones she particularly liked. But Sacramento felt empty, full of ghosts and echoes of the past. Could she get past those echoes? Make Sacramento the home she so desired?

And in that moment, rain mixed with tears.