(Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

It seemed to Crystal that Aurora was very hesitant, if not unwillig, to deal with anything from the past. It also seemed like Corn was curious to the point of recklessness. Crystal didn't care either way - it was not his place to meddle with the baggage of colleagues and it seemed like they'd be able to compromise in the end. But man, the Shaman should really consider therapy or something.

His thoughtful look lingered maybe a bit too long on Aurora, but when Campanella addressed the topic of Sympathy he discarded that thought again.
    "I have some knowledge of Space, although I'm only an Initiate." He took a moment to dig out the little his Mentor taught him about it. "There is a way to make out the connection between things, although both those things need to be present for that to yield any results." At his current proficiency - or lack thereof - that is.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blue eyes narrow slightly as she looks to Corn, “I’m well aware of the price of knowledge.” She had seen things and done things he couldn’t even imagine. “I simply prefer to research all other options before jumping straight to action.” Called doing your homework. “I’m not sure, when we found them, they are as you see. So if they have a larva stage, we didn’t see it. As to how long their life cycle is?” she looks to Campanella, “We brought them back, what? Four years ago? Three?” sounding unsure. “They could very well be some sort of constructed life form, a Life Master can construct such creatures. Or they could have been altered in some way to extend their lives.” But that was all she knew without looking at them more closely.

Nod as Campanella spoke, the voice of reason. “Perhaps as a Master of Life, I can see if my studies shine any light onto them that we can use.” It would give her something to focus on. Then a shake of her head, she had not studied those Arcanas. “Fate isn’t my specialty anymore. But I can pick it back up.” She offers. Wanting to help, but not sure how.

An eyebrow was raised at Crystal as he looked at her, "What?"

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

"Oh, I was not sure those were not descendants of the ones you found. I thought possible that the original ones brought here would have matured, had spawn and died a few times already. Such creatures in nature live for much less than 5 years. From context of the discussion," mainly the opposition on having them tested, "I figured those were the actual ones brought in from 5 years ago but I didn't want to presume. "
    Turning to @Campanela , Corn said "I am an initiate of fate only. Has any one of them died of old age during those years? Or that knowledge was lost in the attacks mentioned? It wasn't clear to me if they were found before the ... issues mentioned and remained here or if they were discovered afterwards."

And just how many are they?

Corn stood up from his seat and moved closer to the Terrarium, to check if we're talking about a handful of insects or dozens. Then, he also asked Aurora
    "Master Aurora, do you think it would be possible to clone them with magic? Even if it is temporary? As an apprentice of life I could turn a vermin to a different one for a few minutes but we're not talking the usual garden variety of grubs here. But perhaps you could, if you were willing. I don't necessarily think that would be a good idea - especially considering they were found in cracks in reality - but I think it would be better to know if there was such an option or if it is impossible at this stage.
    Although, to be honest, I think the best idea to find more of them and see how they progress in more natural circumstances is to actually locate more of them instead of making more of them. "

Addressing all of the mystagogues, he said "I could, as an apprentice of life, study their life patterns with mage sight and then keep an eye out around the city for similar lifeforms that show such properties although I doubt they're many. If Mystagogue Aurora can't remember the actual place but could give a potential area to investigate, I believe it would help narrowing down the possible locations. If Neokoros Crystal is willing to partner up with me and perhaps look out for different kind of resonance that may be tied with these creatures, it would increase our chance of success, I think.

@Winter 's suggestion in the consilium about the ley lines may also be of assistance; perhaps these cracks are close to nodes*." he theorized looking at Aurora for confirmation or denial.

* I know it is a different plot altogether, but Corn doesn't know that.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella stirred.

"I believe it would have been... before. Since the specimens were gathered they have sat in the Athenaeum. I've never really noticed a change in their numbers. As such, I conjecture that they are the same insects that were collected back then. They have been happy to sit in their terrarium and occasionally excrete enough... Tass... to be of use."

He offered his words to Corn

A simple nod indicated that he had understood Crystal words.

His eyebrows raised as the other Moros continued.

"Indeed? That is a project Winter has been working on for some time now. I believe that there was an event with the Ley Lines a few years ago, which may have had an effect. And of course, the Time War. I have no notion if their is a relationship to these... cracks... or nodes, High Places, Loci or anything else."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal just shook his head at Aurora's question. Maybe it was just in his head, but she already seemed a bit tense after Corn called her out and he wasn't going to poke that bear further. Fuck, as a Master of Life that was probably more literal than he'd think. "Nothing, just some idle thoughts." He tried getting out of that pickle by just shooting a question back at the Shaman. "You said Fate wasn't your specialty anymore, what do you mean by that?"

Ugh, now Corn was putting him on the spot again. Part of him - well, frankly most of him - wasn't comfortable with the idea of trying to read the minds of otherworldly insects, but more and more he got the impression that he'd only stop hearing about it by agreeing to help. He looked at Corn and made sure to sound not annoyed, but scientifically interested with a pinch of enthusiasm. "Yes, that sounds like a line of research we could pursue. If you think my abilities would be of use, of course." The last part almost sounded like a question, one last hail-Mary to get out of this one.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She didn’t know if any of the grubs had died, so she left that to Campanella to answer. He saw them more than she did. Though she had spent little time in the Athenaeum if any. Taking a quick glance around, she had to wonder why she didn’t.

Corn standing brought her attention back to the meeting.

Looking thoughtful for a moment, “Well, considering I’ve never actually tried to clone something, I don’t know. But I’d be willing to try on something similar first, and if successful, without it dying, then I’d be willing to try on the grubs. I know I could transform one of them into a human.” A light shrug. After making humans into fish, she wasn’t fazed by much anymore. “There is a lot we don’t know, so I think some research, and finding the original location would be quite beneficial to the future studies.” That’s what they were supposed to do right? Investigate.

“I’d be curious if there were ways to jog my memory if I can’t remember. Certainly, there are levels of Mind that would be able to do that. And I would be willing to allow someone to attempt that.” Pausing, “With rules in place.” Letting someone into your mind could be dangerous. And there were things in there she didn’t want someone poking at. Some memories were no ones business but her.

“But while I think perusing the grubs could be quite beneficial, I have to wonder if there are other things we could focus on. Rebuilding the Athenaeum being a huge one. Though I suppose we could gather some valuable knowledge from the grubs as well.”
    Shrugging. She just didn’t want to completely focus on them.

Idle thoughts? She wasn’t buying it, but wasn’t going to push it. It was something she had the energy for. “Just that I don’t study it anymore.” She tosses back quickly. Which was true, she hadn’t studies Fate in quite a few years. Having walked a different path was not a topic for discussion. Not many believed it, and not many were around that remembered it.

“But maybe the Ley Lines will bring something useful to light. Perhaps something we can use or study.”

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

Turn one to human.
    "Can you?" He said to Aurora . "I mean, I believe that you can, but will it... or better he or she be a human? With feelings, thoughts, wants and all?" And sentience that he or she will become a tiny mindless insect when his very limited time is up? Man, that's cruel...
    "I am not sure about... the ethics of it." he said looking between Aurora and @Campanela uncomfortably.
    Can she turn a sleeper to a grub? Can she turn a mage to a grub? Well, I can turn a grub to butterfly or a bush to a bunch of flies so... why not? Could these tiny grubs be mages that some of those archmages Campanela mentioned cursed to that form and that's why they live so long and exude mana?

Getting back to the discussion when Crystal addressed him, he shrugged. "I am not that familiar with your arcana Crystal. You know better if you can do that or not. I was just shooting ideas, but I am glad you think it would be a good line to check."

When Aurora mentioned other avenues he nodded in agreement. "I believe that this is correct, we should look for more opportunities as mentioned before. However, the Grubs are here already, while the ley lines our own personal search for more items and pieces of atlantean lore may bear fruit in the future - or not at all.
    On the other hand... the Grubs are here already. We could try to expand before we lose possible avenues to others. Personally, I prefer to put most of my free time on the Grubs and this garden that they were found but I am willing to look for other possibilities if anyone has an idea.
    "
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"I shall leave that entirely up to you. For myself I shall keep an ear out for any rumours regarding artefacts; and if I hear of any suitably mysterious objects turning up at auctions I shall do my best to either acquire them or tag them for later... collection. My Sleeper trade is that of an antiques dealer, so I am well placed to seek out such information."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Alright." Corn earned himself a thumbs-up and a smile - looked like the Mastigos didn't find the right words to get out of this particular little project without downright refusing to help. Anyway, this topic seemed to have run its course and Crystal really didn't want to sour Aurora's mood further or poke Corn's enthusiasm for excessive (and/or dangerous) studies. He never really related to those Mages that just liked to talk about how to do things for days and days - instead he just nodded at Campanella and waited for any other points of interest to discuss.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A shrug, “As I said, I’ve never actually tried it, but from my understanding, it will appear human. But I think it will maintain its animal or bug like brain.” And she had to chuckle softly to herself, “Ethics is a slippery slope, and something that is best determined based on the situation in my opinion.” She was already started down that slope.

But she was done talking about the grubs. They seemed to have taken the whole meeting. But, not like they really had anything else to focus on.

So she leans back in her chair, not quite sure what else to add.

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread