Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC waited under the bridge. The sounds of traffic roared up above, never ceasing. One block down their was a homeless campsite JC fed upon from time to time. However, that was a detriment right now. Dirt Nap wanted privacy. JC had no idea why. Yet the fact remained that the Savage knew of very few places that would be considered 'private'. At least by Kindred standards.

In fact, he was unsure whether inviting Dirt Nap here was a good idea. Granted, the keen watcher was as close a friend as he had in the city. Yet there was a small part of JC that complained about this exposing his Haven to someone who, unfortunately, JC didn't actually know that well.

The Gangrel sighed, closed his eyes for a few seconds, and centered. Recognized thoughts. Sought how they were trying to help. Asked how he could act to satisfy the fears. And then... brought up his rage.

It helped, slightly, to diminish his fears. Or at least... gave him the strength to overcome them.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

2. Likes pisces, Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

A coyote came trotting over, warily keeping distance and sniffing the air. Then it moved out of sight around the bridge support pylon.

A moment later, Dirt Nap stepped into sight from behind the pylon.

"Thank you kindly, Doc. I hope you don't mind me calling you that. I do need to talk about something, but first, how have you been doing in the Domain? I haven't seen you around the Chapter House for a while, and that was what I meant to talk about, how you're welcome there for as long as you need, and how with the guy who invited you to stay being gone, you don't have to worry about being recruited anymore neither."

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

"It's no problem," he said with a small smile "I'm just glad Mable was able to get me a phone."

He gave a curious look when Dirt Nap mentioned needing to talk, with the unstated sentiment of 'in private'. He suspected this might have more to it than just still being allowed in the Chapter House.

"I've been a little down lately," he answered honestly "There was... a death at a bar I fed at. Not sure if it was even the same guy but I'm looking into it. Anyway, sent me into a spin for a bit. I'm doing better."

"As for the Chapter House," he said, redirecting back to the original purpose "I appreciate that I'm still welcome and I'd be happy to continue staying for now. I am a bit curious why the offer needed so much privacy."

5. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods when JC mentions his trouble with someone he fed on dying, and his investigating it.

"Well." Dirt Nap says. "I'm pretty private about anything to do with our secrets, our kind, I mean." He says slowly. "And I'm not a fan of mixing Covenant and Clan business. I want to be clear that as far as the Order is concerned, you are an invited guest, and not any long a target to recruit. Not unless you decide you want to be somewhere down the line. So I want to have this talk private from Kine, and from my eager beaver Slave in the Order, too. As a Cousin, and possibly a friend, I wanted to see how you're doing, without it being a pitch to join up or making the Clan look good or somethin'." He explains.

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC smiled a bit. He suspected there might be more to it than just his own comfort but he decided it didn't really matter at this point.

"Well, I'm doing better now but thanks for the check up." It did help for there to feel like that someone cared. He wasn't sure what else to say at this point. Most times he was more used to being the one to check on people's mental states.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens, standing still. He doesn't lean against a pylon or otherwise seem to relax.

Then he nods. "Well." He says slowly. "I don't mean to be pushy about it. I guess that was all I needed to say."

After moment, he says, "I will admit to another reason, I suppose. Curiosity. No reason you have any obligation to satisfy it though. I recalled when we first met, you seemed to me to have a lot to figure out, and your main concern was just on surviving. Now you've been here a spell, and I wondered if you'd moved a little higher on your Hierarchy of Needs, if you had your hunger and your safety squared away enough to be thinking about anything more." He confesses.

10. Likes liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC was still for a bit, looking a little sadly contemplatively before finally answering.

"It doesn't feel too much higher. No," he finally responded "Don't get me wrong, the house is better than where I was staying before but I still don't feel safe. I think mastering the aspect of the predator has helped a bit...," it at least made it so he was bordering on furious rather than ran away, he wasn't sure if that was better "But I still haven't mastered sleeping in the ground and," he was quite again for several seconds "I almost left after the news report on the death," he finally admitted "It brought up a lot of feelings of uncertainty." Along with everything else.

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap waits.

Then he listens.

"That is a big switch." Dirt Nap nods. "I learned it right off, and the anger is better than the fear, I believe. It takes getting used to, though. You seem to be able to handle it pretty well. It doesn't seem to make you stupid." He says.

"Sleeping in the ground helped a bit for me. It is safer, just a fact. Being able to drop down in a different place any time. I tend to bury a few things in a few places, and then pick a different spot for me every single night. It helps." He says again.

"Well." Dirt Nap says when J.C. confides his having come close to leaving. "I'm glad you stayed."

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

“Well, I haven’t attended a court yet,” he said before reminding himself to not focus on the negative “But thanks.” Though he still occasionally felt the raging beast hit harder than normally, it hadn’t made him stupid. Yet.

“It’s more wanting a contingency. Still expecting I will have to move on at some point in the future.” It would align with his experience but in some ways it felt… deeper.

“I’m glad to have stayed,” he said with a small smile. At least for now. "And your still willing to offer your place to stay."

15. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods, "Yep. Court is a bit of a challenge, not being too distracted when your Beast wants to commit suicide and you don't." He says softly. "I believe you'll handle it as well or better than most."

He nods again encouragingly and says, "I do believe in contingencies...as long as it isn't an excuse not to really commit to anything. But then, that's not for anyone else to say."

Dirt Nap listens, still and quiet when JC says he's glad to stay and glad to hear he's invited to live in the Chapter House.

"Well." Dirt Nap says. "I'm kind of simple, meaning I try to keep the different parts of my doings separate. So, to be honest, it wouldn't've occurred to me to invite you to stay at the Chapter House. The offer was made, and I'm not taking it back. I don't believe in taking things back."

He pauses and then says, "That might sound harsh said plain like that. What I mean to say is, I consider you a cousin and someone worth looking out for and helping out when I can, maybe a friend even. I don't consider you to be Dragon business, and that's what the Chapter House is rightly for. If I were in charge at the time, I wouldn't have used Dragon resources to help out a friend who's not a Dragon nor likely to be one any time soon."

17. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread