Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2012) Maeve and Dirt Nap

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Dec 1, 2020 : (2012)Eternal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"You don't know me, Ma'am. So I will tell you plain and certain. If I want something from you, I will come right out and ask you. I won't try to use leverage to make you do anything you don't choose to for your own reasons." Dirt Nap says softly and slowly with firmness rather than sternness, and conviction rather than being offended.

"I understand that might seem strange to you, and you might not have any reason to believe me as yet, but there it is. So yes, I did ask your Priscus to think on something, and I got a 'prob'ly not' back. That's between us. The same way I won't go trying to put pressure on her to do other than what she decides, I'm not about to try to stir up division in your Clan by trying to go around getting it from you."

Dirt Nap is silent for several long minutes, perfectly still and staring at Maeve.

Then he says, "Now, I did want to get to know you a bit better, and the one thing that did cross my mind to make sure you know is that I won't abide any pressure on you to choose a Covenant, my covenant based on your Priscus being in it already. I don't want anyone in my Covenant that doesn't dearly want to be in it by their own choice, for their own reasons."

2. Likes Aeolus, liked this post

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

The Shadow keeps a steady, plain face as Dirt Nap speaks. It reminds her somewhat of being talked at by her sire. This is what I mean. That is what that is. I'm not like this, I'm like that. Blah blah blah. Vampire politics. It's always vampire politics even when they say it isn't. She lets him speak all the way through, including the long minutes pause, just staring at him plainly.

She lets out a long sigh before saying, "So forward for a kindred. You'll pardon me if I find it hard to believe that one just wants to get to know me, no pressure to join a covenant or for anything else for that matter. I've played that song and danced to it before. I'm always left disappointed. Eyes and ears in here are always hungry, digging and waiting for information. I appreciate that you would be forward with that."

She puts on a pretty smile then, "I'm not trying to be a - well, I'd throw in a good curse word, but that would be rude given company, but we'll go with rude person. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm trying to be real with you. That is the kind of person I am. I might skirt around the edges for the game's sake, but I don't play fake."

She pauses then, eyeing him carefully once more, "So then, what would you like to know?"
    | BP 2

4. Likes , Aeolus, Ruach, pisces liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap is silent. Seems like she thinks asking in open court if I am undermining her Priscus' authority, who is right over there hearing every word is just being honest. Or she'd like to see if I would believe that line. She says that this is the person she is, that she's 'being real'. And she all but rolled her eyes at him a minute ago when he tried to nip in the bud any idea of him approaching her in Court for favors. She gives every indication of being painfully young and a real handful for whoever takes responsibility for her.

That's not him, but common decency can't be entirely ignored. He will give a warning if he believes it is the right thing to do, no matter if he expects it to be heard. And he will take the warning too; this does not seem like someone he should tell anything to that he isn't especially keen on in it getting all around.

Dirt Nap does not sigh. He takes a measured breath to be able to expell it in equally measured words.

"Well, Ma'am. It's been my experience that Court is not necessarily a wise place to be all in on being 'real', and if a body does want anything, telling it around in Court generally isn't the best way to approach getting to it anyway." He says.

"I also tend to find that people hear whatever they expect they are going to hear, so I won't expect too much in that department."

Dirt Nap smiles with teeth showing just a tich. "How are you getting on in the Domain, Ma'am?"

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

Maeve sighs. He really doesn't get it, does he? I bet I'm coming off real young and naive. Good. The more people who think her a non-threat, a childe they can't trust with their secrets, the easier time she'll have slinking around without people to bother her. Not that Dirt Nap isn't nice. He is. He was there for her in the very beginning, but she's got to be careful. She has a part to play just like the rest of them.

"I think Kindred could stand to go a day without dancing, but perhaps that is just my flavor."
    That is all she adds on that subject. She really did hate it - the whole vampire formality, the acting all prim and proper. She'd do it with a smile, but it is fake. All of it is fake and all the players within it are fake. She's given her truth, now it is time to slink back like the shadow she is.

"I'm faring well thus far; the place is set up, I'm getting what I need. People around have been kind and understanding thus far. Where I came from is a much different attitude and set up than this domain. Still getting used to it." That was a truth. Portland was an especially odd place.

"How have you been? Anything interesting in occurrence, aside from the current news being provided?"
    | BP 2

7. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap chuckles, "I'm still here, so I'd call that a win; so far so good." He says. "Changes and challenges, and the opportunity to learn. It's been a productive and interesting time around here. I couldn't say exactly what, only because I tend to have to think on things a while before I really know what happened, instead of what it seemed like at the time."

"I'm glad to hear you have found the Domain to be kind and understanding so far." Dirt Nap says slowly. "I hope that goes on along the same line." He doesn't offer to help, not wanting to repeat the 'dance' of her asking him what he wants in return, and questioning his word to his face when he says he doesn't want anything from her.

As it is, it seems any question he asks her will be met with a demand for a trade of information. Fair enough, though it does make it hard to have a conversation, since with her having just arrived, it's hardly an even trade.

9. Likes pisces liked this post

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

She nods, listening. Her posture changes slightly, more relaxed. "I meant that more socially than politically, so I suppose I didn't phrase that well. I'm still working on my social skills and the way certain people communicate, if you will pardon me." It is so easy to be on edge.

"I'm also more of a thinker. I need time to figure out what I am doing before I often do. Perception is a tricky thing, isn't it?"
    She considers her own perception and how the beast stirs her. She's fighty, argumentative and yet... isn't that what her sire made her? Then again, was I ever nice? She considers that one. I don't actually remember.

"Onto a more social note: we really don't know much about each other and I've been bite-y. What are you into? What do you do for fun around here? Any social sites I should check out? I've found a couple of good bars, at the very least."
    | BP 2

11. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods, noting her change in posture without comment. "You have my pardon, Ma'am." He says in a steady, amiable tone, not putting special emphasis except perhaps on the word, 'my'.

"As a matter of fact, it occurs to me that you were enjoying your quiet observing and listening and I guess thinking all by yourself here until I came over and interrupted. I suppose I could ask your pardon for that, Ma'am." He offers.

"I do believe that Ma'am. 'perception' is about the trickiest thing I know and a whole lot more powerful than I believe most give it credit for."

He is silent then, and obviously thinking about her question regarding his perception of the social opportunities in town.

"Ma'am, for myself I guess I'm most at ease around animals, or as one." Dirt Nap says. "I do a bit of horse training or just handy work taking care of them here and there, under the table so to speak. I tend to take my blood from them too, on the down low, so I get more out of it then another would. It takes care of my needs. I spend my time studying, as you might guess from my Covenant, though I don't tend to do the kind of studying that comes from dusty books indoors."

He chuckles softly. "I can't say as I've been inside a club or other kind of drinking establishment for pleasure or my own needs since I've been here."

Dirt Nap is quiet for a long moment, staring at Maeve as if considering. "If you don't mind, I wonder what constitutes a 'good bar' from your perspective, Ma'am?"

13. Likes pisces liked this post

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

"It's quite alright." And she leaves it there. No need to continue where things have already been pardoned.

She listens and notes a connection, "Interesting. You and Mable must be good friends then via your connections with nature and animals?" She liked Mable and was curious about their connection.

"And... are you a non drinker?"
    She asks, leaning up a little more comfortably against the wall, though truly it is to give her peripherals more room. "I miss pretending alcohol is good, so I like to occasionally relive that. Plus, bars. Easy for people." She wasn't wrong.

She then takes a moment to consider, "A good bar is bustling with people in a way that makes you go mostly unnoticed to people you aren't interacting with. Aside from that, it's also just about atmosphere. You just... know when a place sucks and has no good vibes."
    | BP 2

15. Likes Ruach, pisces liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap chuckles softly, "Well now, Ma'am. I don't know about 'must', but the fact is, I do believe we are good friends." He says slowly.

"I have known some folks that showed up around here seemed to believe what they believed and what I believed should make us friends...never did seem quite satisfied with how it worked out."
    "Particularly about animals and nature and the general nature of things."

Dirt Nap is quiet and still in thought for a long minute and then says, "In point of fact, Ms. Woods and I have our different perspectives an a lot of things. Our friendship seems to me to be based on us both being a bit unreasonable on the subject of giving up on people."

He listens to Maeve's questions, which seem to be taking a more sociable tone, less like he's a paid stool pigeon and more like he's someone you met at a party. He nods.

"I drink the same as all of us, what I need to, though I keep to the blood of animals, so I suppose not the same as all of us, exactly."

Dirt Nap listens intently nodding as Maeve describes her criteria for a bar being a good one.

After a moment of deep contemplation he nods. "Sounds reasonable." He says.

17. Likes pisces liked this post

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

"I don't usually mean those words quite literally, but I get your meaning regardless." I hate having to have my words picked apart. She doesn't show that on her expression, however.

"Beliefs matter, but so does personality. You might have all the same beliefs I do, but if you act,"
    like an ass, "rude in a manner that offends me, then chances are we won't be friends." She nods, "There are certain beliefs that one doesn't compromise on, however, obviously. Though, I won't go into that in depth. Such sticky matters." And she doesn't want to continue to get tsked and have dirty weird looks given to her.

"I assume when you say not giving up on people, you mean exactly that, right? That's good to know. I am similar, but you have to make sure it doesn't become so a hindrance that it ripples into too many areas. Sometimes, you can only do so much."

She contemplates a moment, "So then, if you don't really go to bars, what do you get up to in the city?"

Sorry, this one totally got away from me.
    | BP 2

19. Likes Ruach, pisces liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread