Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist cocked an eyebrow curiously at his offer for sharing his future plans. Breifly she wondered if he would actually tell her if she asked. And if he did, how much of it would be true? He was handsome and had some charm it was true, but he was Ventrue.

And his last offer was a much more entertaining one to respond to anyways. Laughing, her eyes sparkling, she lifted her glass in his direction before taking another sip. "Not as often as I would like but that was not my first time," she admitted with no false modesty and more than a small amount of gleeful pleasure at the memories.

Nor did she limit her showing off to when she was presenting as Myah either. But she didn't share that fact.

Letting out a sigh, she tilted her head her mirth lingering in the curve of lips, "Tempting as the first option is, I suppose there is a reason for the saying about work before pleasure?" She did say first option didn't she? It was suddenly unclear with her last word hanging in the air.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque was quietly pleased at the comfort of his guest. It seemed but a blink of an eye ago he had been carefully measuring her role in the Domain, and with no doubt she had probably done the same with him. He sipped in tandem with her and chuckled, "No, I don't imagine so. Still, it was pleasant to cross paths less formally."

"Hrmph," A force of air pushed through his nostrils as he jokingly ranted, "Yes, because Hutchingson was an asshole. Fathers twelve children while suckling the teat of the British Monarchy to stay politically relevant, then has the audacity to tell his constituents that pleasure should always give way to business." A corner of his lips fold into a grin, a small sign that however true the statement was it wasn't something the Lord took near as seriously as he might have led on.

"In hindsight, it wasn't as hard to figure out the concept of it as I was making it out to be. The real challenge was breaking away from the reflexive way I leverage my family's gift." He set his glass down to free his hands, "I would normally work with any target in an idle state- a trance through a connection with the eyes. The mind is like a series of pathways with each route leading to a different decision, action, statement..." he shrugged, "Whatever outcome really. In a trance, I force every path closed but the one I want it to take." His expressions and hand movements stepped up in pride as he continued to explain, "It took me nearly six months to figure it out, but I had to learn how to do the same type of manipulations, but without invoking a trance. Empowering my presence as your family does was the key." The pointed emphasis of the last word implied his appreciation for being taught the gift, "Blending the two powers, I could only close off the route to vocalizing deceptions with my gifts. On the other hand, your gifts could not compel the target to speak as they normally would."

He paused, surveying Twist's features for any signs of understanding or questions.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I agree," she replied easily.

An eyebrow raised in mild surprise at his quick retort. She had no idea what any of it had to do with anything, but it was interesting nonetheless to see. Especially because she didn't detect a question and thus didn't have to pretend to understand and so she settled for a small smile to match his own grin.

A dip of her head, hearing the unspoken thanks. "No. The combination of the two allows a feat to be accomplished that could not alone. Your gift can compel one to speak, but within such limits that you would merely be puppeteering the speaker. Mine encourages speech but without stipulations of truth. Together," a small shrug, "Well. We saw."
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Indeed we did," Jacque replied. He smiled as she engaged in the discussion. It was refreshing to talk in great detail about the power and to be understood. This was an endeavor three quarters of a year in the making in silence and secret. The outcome- an eloquent marrying of the two family strengths into a potent new ability.

The two kindred continue into the night, discussing the newfound knowledge. Fade to black for learning.

Thanks for the scene!

Blood Hunt:

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread