(Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

(WP for roll)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra sits a little while longer with her cake, sighing as she rather stares off into space. She feels a lot more relaxed than she had earlier, thanks to Gerrit. What am I going to do with all of this? I'm a mess. She gazes back over to where Gerrit had gone, remembering that he'd gone to congratulate John. Cookies. Right. Just... it'll be fine.

In that moment, she begins to realize that the evening is winding down and she should likely help send off the evening with some music. With her current mood, she almost doesn't want to, but she'd made promises and... well, perhaps it would brighten her own mood. She walks over to the food table to take out a compact from her satchel that she'd placed underneath, just wanting to check her eyes. They were less puffy now, which made her feel significantly better. Of course, even if she hadn't been upset earlier, her mask would make it look as if she were crying anyway. There are worse things.

She puts her compact back in her satchel and sets it back under the table, taking a mental note of everything in the gift box she'd have to make sure to help John load up. Or bring it to him later. They hadn't discussed that. Another peak of anxiety that she had to push down. Why are you always making something out of nothing. Another thought she brushes aside. As she stands back up properly, she brushes the skirt of her gown with her hands a little. Gotta look our best after all. Okay. Focus.

Cassandra makes her way over to the middle of the room where she'd set her cello case. Without saying a word to anyone, she goes ahead and gets herself set up. Muscle memory takes over and before she can even consider any other anxious thoughts, she is standing up, her cello stood up in her left hand, bow in the other and she is rousing attention.

"Good evening, friends." She begins and there is a quiet for a moment. It is noticeable then that the background music has ceased. "Before our evening begins to come to a close, I'd like to take a moment to honor the Season and our new Monarch with a song." She didn't know why she was nervous. She'd played for the Freehold before, even in tense situations such as the previous coronation. Perhaps it was a sense of awkwardness or that inner feeling that she's interrupting the flow. Or is it that feeling of being an outsider peaking in again? "John, I've said it before in private, but I'll say it again. You'll do wonderful this season and I'm proud to call you my friend, my courtmate, and now my monarch."

She sits down and puts herself in the mindset to play. Beneath her mask and upon the skin which can be seen, the ever shifting hues of her opalescent skin seem to change a little quicker, though a cause is not apparent. No color seems dominant over the other. Still, with the way her mask produces those tears, one could wonder. Okay. Melancholic Waltz. Melancholic Waltz. She closes her eyes, takes a deep breath in and lets it out slowly before she begins to play. But what comes out is not the Melancholic Waltz she had meant to play. In that split second before she'd begun to play, her mind wandered onto a completely different tune.

There is a slight surprise to her demeanor as she instead plays Après un rêve, a piece by Fauré. Both pieces have that melancholic romance feel to them, as so many pieces for cello often do, but the Fauré was much more longing and melodic. It takes her a few bars, but she settles into it. The piece itself is radiant and gentle, of dreams and sweet delusions, the lyrics perfectly matched with the melody. Of course, she isn't singing, and the lyrics are only in her mind, but the way she plays it is as if her instrument does sing.

When she settles upon that last deep note, her mind tries to grasp onto why she'd chosen to play that piece instead, but she doesn't truly have time to spend wondering. She feels lighter then, happy, as if a weight had been lifted. Perhaps it was just the knowledge that this was finally the end of the night and she could go home after this and just... drink? Read a book? Rest? Probably all of the above. Either way, she smiles and lets out a slow breath before opening her eyes and standing to take a graceful bow.

Playing Cello 4 Successes

0 Scenes

And so, the night carries on. The swell of melancholy, the promise of Sorrow. Winter has come to Sacramento, and the Darkling King, crowned in ice and blood. Time will tell if the Silent Arrow knew it's function, and that of the other Courts....

End Scene!

4. Likes Abyssalstar, Aeolus liked this post
Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
Closed Thread