Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(The Resurrectionists) Gage's Offer

THREADID

Jennifer Hazelton

In the early evening, Gage Lioncourt is surprised by a man who approaches him politely. The man is Blonde, Caucasian and wears an outdated suit. He presents the envelope to Gage respectfully. The sun has just yielded its domain. How had this courier found him so quickly?

"Miss. Kowalsic would appreciate the pleasure of your company."
    The man says softly. His eyes are kept lowered; he doesn't quite meet your eyes. When you accept the envelope, the man discreetly glances at you. “You are new to town?” He inquires softly. “It is possible you do not know my employer. If this is the case, you have but to say. I know of a quiet place I can appraise you.”

Regarding Miss Kowalsic, you know that she is the childe of an influential First Estate member, Mr. Kowalsic. Miss Isabella is young, still under the tutelage of her Sire. She is often sent as a proxy by Mr. Kowalsic to relay his regards or feel out a situation.

The rumors around the childe are fewer than her Sire. Perhaps asking around would be a good idea.
    You know that Mr. Kowalsic is a valued member of the First Estate. The rumors you have heard about Mr. Kowalsic, of the line Nosferatu, had been passed about and occasionally in conflict with one another for some time. It is said that he has killed someone to protect the Masquerade. That he has an army of ghouls under his command. These are unsubstaniated rumors.

Gage can make a Manipulation +Politics roll for asking around about a subject. Make one roll per subject

Gage
    Resources
    Athletics
    Gage Lioncourt

Gage is expertly dressed in a tailored black on black suit, matching dark hair and a steely gaze. While not overtly powerful, his muscle tone shows an extremely low body fat percentage, a tight chest with a flat abdomen.

PRE

The Blonde is met with a certain amount of indifference. Gage's stare bores into his eyelids, with the challenge that military drill instructor could only hope to have. Gage accepts the envelope briskly, but without snatching it out of his hand. His first statement, and follow up question, go unanswered. After he finally speaks of his employer, Gage opens the envelope and begins to read the contents. While his eyes are on the paper, he finally responds;

"You know that I am new to town. You know just where I'll be at sunset. Clearly, some care has been taken to vet me. With as much as you do know, then, you also know that I am careful. You will appraise me on your employer, but at a location of my choosing."
    Gage looks up from the paper. "In the future, I'd recommend a bit more care with your approach. Approaching any of us at this hour might be considered a challenge, a 'I know where you are' kind of statement."

Gage speaks to Dembe, but not without looking away from The Blonde. "Pull the Lincoln around, Dembe, and find us a quiet place to speak."
    1 success

failure
    Presence 2 (CEO)

1 success

Jennifer Hazelton

Mr. Lioncourt,
    I hope this finds you well.
    There is a sensitive matter that I wish to discuss with a Gentleman of Quality. It will require an investment of your time, should you choose to accept my offer. I shall be awaiting you at [address] tonight at 10:30 PM.
    It would be prudent to mention this delicate matter to no one except those working with you. There are competing agents who would take the opportunity from you, if they could. I would stay away from those of the Crone regarding this matter.
    ~ Miss Isabella Kowalsic

In thinking of what he has learned around Court, he recalls that Miss Kowalsic is a Nosferatu, a bit of an information broker. No one can quite tell what she has a hand in, but that could be from her deft manuevering.
    Gage can read that Miss Kowalsic was using her First Estate title to indicate that she is Unreleased, still not out of Manumission. It is likely anything extended from her to be from her Sire, Mr. Kowalsic. The ghoul takes Mr. Lioncourt's words silently, his eyes dropping to the floor after one nod. He has not said whom he works for - is here as proxy for a valued member of the First Estate or the childe? And in offending the childe, he could risk offending the Sire.

Gage
    Resources
    Athletics
    Gage Lioncourt

Gage is expertly dressed in a tailored black on black suit, matching dark hair and a steely gaze. While not overtly powerful, his muscle tone shows an extremely low body fat percentage, a tight chest with a flat abdomen.

PRE

As the new Continental pulls around to the side, Gage opens the front passenger door for The Blonde. "Please, have a seat."

Gage closes the door, and enters the backseat, directly behind The Blonde. He hands the letter to Dembe, "This is our location. Make sure that we'll arrive on time. Beyond that, I'd like you to just go ahead and listen to some music, while we cruise around."

With that, Dembe puts head phones on, and turns the volume up to a level where others in the car can faintly hear music. Dembe accelerates promptly, but without 'peeling out'.

"Ok, sir, I will hear you, regarding your employer."
    Presence 2 (CEO)

1 success

Jennifer Hazelton

The ghoul is quiet and cooperative as Gage chooses his location. He does observe Dembe, his eyes cataloging the other man even as they go about setting up as Gage directs them. Once seated, the blonde turns his head about and glanced out of the window a moment.

"My employer does own a place a short bit from here, but this has it's charms.

I do hate boring you with what you already know..."

His eyes tick to Dembe, leisurely take in the interior of the car. He has the air of someone sure of himself, a.far older man, who has enjoyed security. He keeps his eyes respectfully lowered, not meeting Gage's, to not presume that he, a ghoul, were Gage's equal.
    "Please call me Charles. I've enjoyed being employed by Mr. Kowalsic longer than some mortals live. He's a masquerade enforcer, and he's currently tied up overseeing a breach containment.

He would like to meet you when time permits. He has extended the assistance of his childe, the only childe here in the state. You will be meeting with her and can choose to bring her with you for the assignment. She has a sharp mind, so she can help you. Yet she's young. She is his treasured daughter, so she does have qualities that he values. It should go without saying that she reports to him, and he appreciates courtesy extended to her.
    He has allies in various places that he could be inclined to use on your behalf, should you inform him of the need. One thing you may have heard is that he has many eyes, many hands, doing his work. I am but one cog in the machine, but I do get face time.

He's valued in the city and in the First Estate. Doing him a favor is in your best interest.
    Now he does want you to be thinking of who you would like to work with, what you know about these individuals and if they are discreet.

You are a first choice because you are a Kindred of quality. The Lancea Sanctum, the Crone and the Ordul would love to get to know the information that you are about to be briefed on.
    They might bring to bear considerable resources to take it from you, so I wouldn't share with any contacts of conflicting loyalties. Unless they serve the Domain, and the stability of it, first.
    Now I'm sure that information just made more questions, so I am glad to answer."

Gage
    Resources
    Athletics
    Gage Lioncourt

PRE

"Charles, tell me more of Miss Isabella. As it sounds, I'll be interfacing with her much more than Mr. Kowalsic; is she prudent? Ambitious? Patient? I'm sure the assistance being offered is a mere formality; if this were my operation, I would have my own eyes and ears in it as well. What I want to know, is just who am I really getting into bed with."
    1 success

"As far as who I would be willing to work with; well, I've made some connections here already, but I none that are solid enough to trust a matter of this sensitivity with. I'm sure he's vetted others, being that A - if it was a one man operation, he'd just send Miss Isabella, and B - you already offered that I was the first choice, not the only choice. From the sound of it, this is something we'd want to keep in house. The only people I've met there, are both of high caliber, and they would be likely to dispatch Mr. Kowalsic to task, not the other way around."
    Presence 2 (CEO)

1 success

Jennifer Hazelton

Charles considered the question carefully and replied earnestly, as far as Gage could tell.
    " She's not allowed much individual time, but she is patient. She knows her position as a childe within the first estate, and won't overstep, even if her Sire does get her some clout.

She's very skilled in cerebral applications. Academia- research, politics, and investigation. If she offered her help, which she has- it's because she genuinely thinks that her being involved is important.
    There might not be a lot of kindred in town with her skill set. Can you ignore the offer of assistance?"

Charles posed.
    " You have hit the nail on the head. You are being interviewed to see if you are the right person for the group. He's prepared other letters, yours is just the first. You are a kindred of quality, and deserve first consideration.
    He puts a lot of emphasis on loyalty. The Crone and Ordul Dracul should not hear of the matter.
    Have you spoken with Quinn Durant, Maeve, or Alexander Moore? I believe that they are being considered. Quinn is at the back of the pack because she's a Dragon. She wouldn't be able to take the information and hightail it out to claim it for the Ordul.

Charles watched Gage, and the time ticks on. If you check the time, an hour and fifteen minutes remains before the meeting time.
    Should one feed or make other preparations, one might wonder.
    Perhaps this information is the most important preparation.

Gage
    Resources
    Athletics
    Gage Lioncourt

PRE

Gage thinks a moment, and says, "Well, Charles, to be honest, I don't know that I'm the best man for the job. I'm afraid I'm going to have to respectfully decline the offer."
    Gage hands him a 50 dollar bill, and taps on Dembe's shoulder. Dembe pulls over.
    "That should get you a taxi, or a ride, anywhere you need to get. Thank you for your time."
    Presence 2 (CEO)

1 success

Closed Thread