Proteinbars
    Mirror
    Smartphone
    License
    Gloves

+1
    SL
    PRE

So Tiny wanted to discuss the ritual closer well that did mean that he were prepared to listen to her values. Sadly she still had some name issues though but nevertheless the doorman downstairs were informed of the visit and would enter to send him up to Miss Ptronyeva and the inner door of the elevator were opened. The inside cameras turned of for their meeting, the elevator cameras would record his arrival but the moment the door would close so would it be sent back down besides they had video but no audio and with a closed door so would that be of little issue.

Sitting down on the couch having it's back towards the elevator in her somewhat more relaxed clothes along with one of her many face masks and green hair extensions.

Directly coming into the two story penthouse there's a hall mat and shoe rack along with several pairs of indoor slippers in various sizes for those who wanted such things, she herself preferring to be barefoot though it was always easier to feel the ground that way.

Various pictures hanging on the walls, some of herself in various ages the younger ones often in training or ballerina outfits around other Caucasian girls, the older ones showing herself around various Japanese men and women or just group photos of various of them. At the fireplace a picture of an older Caucasian woman holding a small baby placed to the right, to the left an older Japanese man and another one of the same man donning the honorable middle place.

Egoist Roys playing over the apartment as she awaits her visitor or visitors not being fully sure if he would bring someone else along not that she minded if he would.

Rahu Blood Talons Health:
    Her English have a very clear Russian accent.

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny arrives, sans suit, in a scarf and windbreaker against the light pitter patter of rain. It makes him look even older somehow.

He is pleasantly surprised by the doorman, apparently she works very hard, or has very good support. A poltite compliment would be appropriate. Nevermind that it would be a good job for a new wolf who was broke.

He steps into the elevator, unkowning of his observer. He scratches his bald head a few hairs falling off as he hefts the bright red bag.

He enters the penthouse, stopping at the doorway. It takes him a minute to remember to take off his shoes, but he does so, slipping out of loafers and into the offered house shoes. He picks one of the smaller pairs for his small feet, a pink pair. "Galina!" He smiles at her, and offers the bag. "Thank you for inviting me into your home. A gift for you."

He hands her the bag, a large bottle inside.
    He looks around at the artwork and photos, not letting himself linger overlong on anything, prefering to let her explain to him anything she wanted to show off.
    Elodoth | Storm Lord | Primal Urge 1
    Grapes [/] [] [] [] [] [] [] WP (6/6)

Striking looks
    (Innocent cuteness)
    Presence
    (Enticing)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Galina
    Appearance

5'5-165cm tall, with a slim light body.
    Equipment

Purse
    Proteinbars
    Mirror
    Smartphone
    License
    Gloves

+1
    SL
    PRE

Turning her head towards him as she watches him step in through the elevator.
    "Alexa turn of the music." A silence washing over the room as she jumps back over the couch to walk and greet her guest. "Welcome Tiny-sama, I hope you found the place without issue?"

Taking the bag and looking at it's contents.
    "Thank you kindly, that's very nice of you." Putting the bag down on the living room table.

Watching his eyes to see how he looks over the various photos, one aspect that should be easy to notice being how every Japanese person tends to have tattoos often more than one and having quite free clothes along with clothes not always following any specific fashion nor their hair always being pure black some dyed others just wearing various extensions.
    "Does anyone of them pick your fancy?" Shaking her head a bit. "It's quite sad how despite all these photos so is there still one person missing." Then again those pictures were kept in her private bedroom.

Making herself a bit small and speaking more softly.
    "Would you mind me calling you Ojiisan? Or Jiji-sama?" It would most definitely work better in public than calling him Tiny.

The link to the bottle does not work, it's a US exclusive.

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

"I did, thank you."
    He steps closer to the baby photograph, "Is this you? I've always loved baby pictures." He notes the japanese man's tattoos, and the lack of them on Galina. Perhaps an Iron master? Or descendant of one? He remembered she wasn't too happy with her father's side.

He could pick up she wanted to talk about the missing person, so he took the bait. "Oh, who would that be that's missing?"

"I don't think I've quite earned the title of sama, if I read the rules correctly, but Ojiisan should be ok. I don't know what the Oji means, but san is a formal respect signifier, often to a hierarchical or familial similar or superior correct?" The boss would earn the title of sama, and if Tiny every got his own pack going, then it would be appropriate. But Winter's path was slow, and patient, and inexcorable. To take when he was not ready was not his path to Power.

Striking looks
    (Innocent cuteness)
    Presence
    (Enticing)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Galina
    Appearance

Equipment

Purse
    Proteinbars
    Mirror
    Smartphone
    License
    Gloves

+1
    SL
    PRE

"That's good, still having a bit of issues with the navigation myself." To different a landscape than what she were used to.

Nodding in response.
    "Yes that is me and my maternal grandmother, she kept it by her bed whilst she were alive so once I inherited it so did I place it here on the mantle." Looking to the picture. "She was a really kind woman and always kept in touch." She even came to visit her in Russia and Japan alike.

"My brother, although I am not to keen on people knowing of our relations so in case someone would recognize him so do I keep his pictures in my private chambers." Which were saying something considering the Japanese people she did show of. "Are you hungry? I have various snacks and prepared dishes, sodas and power bars even ones without chocolate." If that were what he had been hesitant about before. "Or menus to order food in case you're hungry. Or I could open this nice vodka you brought in case you like something stronger?"

Giving him a stern look and speaking in a serious tone.
    "There you are wrong" Softening back up a bit. "Sama is a grand honor true but one way to earn it is by age, I do not mean to be rude but it is clear that you are no longer young as such you have gathered the wisdom of age and is deserving of respect." That was a given, still she didn't use -sama for Hector if he recalled. "The meaning if translated into English would basically be a warmer way of saying grandfather, Jiji-sama would have it in familiar tone but with great respecta and Ojiisan is well based on a more personal feeling of it."

Taking up a Shogi and a Go set from underneath the table.
    "Care to play whilst we discuss the ritual and whatever else you want to know?"

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

"I can understand. Keeping family safe is important and hard. Especially in our work." Tiny's thoughts immediatley turn to his father. He would keep him safe and happy, and chasing all of the skirts in the retirement homes.

"I'll try some snacks. I already had dinner, so I can't have too much." He'd heard japanese snacks were...weird, but saying that was impolite, now that they were, oh what was the work. It'll come to him.

"f you want to open the vodka, go right ahead, though I'm curious what your thoughts are on why i picked it."
    It wasn't too complicated, but it was subtle enough to keep in public, while also showing respect to the ways of the People.

He listens to her stern lecture, obvious interest and curiousity. "I see. Then with that explanation,I would accept both, I am certain there are times where one would be more appropriate than another. In a pack meeting Jiji-Sama would be more appropriate, but at this situation Ojiisan would be proper, should I understand you correctly." It's obvious he's trying to make an effort, but the old are slow and stubborn at the best of times.

"I'll take Go. From what I understand the rules are simpler to learn. You'll have to teach me as we go. I yield first move to you." The idea of a new game was interesting, but Tiny never had cared much for chess and its ilk. He would rather an argument over wallpaper patterns than another game of checkers.
    Tiny will take a -3 penalty for learning the rules as he goes for Go.

Striking looks
    (Innocent cuteness)
    Presence
    (Enticing)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Galina
    Appearance

Equipment

Purse
    Proteinbars
    Mirror
    Smartphone
    License
    Gloves

+1
    SL
    PRE

"True but in all honesty so does it just take novice computer skills to find my family in a minute or two." Sighing a bit. "Still he is rather well known in some circles so I just don't want people to see him and get a wrong reaction." Or endless questions that she didn't care for.

Heading of to the kitchen for a bit and coming back with a mixed cheese and crackers plate, some cookies, some ageichiban, two wasp crackers and some mixed rusks.
    "Sorry I have never really had a guest before so no clue what to really offer." She had only lived alone for a short time so not much time to entertain. "I do have tea, milk, chocolate milk, cacao powder, energy drinks and sodas as well. Sadly no coffee maker though, might need to get one in case anyone of you all drinks coffee."

Opening the vodka and taking out two shotglasses and filling them up.
    "I have mentioned my fondness of vodka before and if that slipped the mind so am I Russian. In addition so is it possible that it is part of your way to read the oath."

"Yes and no, one should always remember that respect can come with a honorific true but sometimes a weaker honorific can mean more it all depends on the bonds between the people who use them. Also remember that removing bloodties and still using ones fit for it can mean a lot as well."

Sitting down as she sorts up the game, showing him a couple of standard opening moves whilst explaining the rules.
    "So what did you wanna know about my sake ritual and feel free to ask whatever else you might be curious about"

We can forego rolling at all if you want, the ambiance of the game is more than enough for me and Galina have no real interest in winning instead just enjoying to play. Besides as it is his first time so will she be more than happy to revert moves and give suggestions whilst discussing the possibilities of each move. Go can also technically be played near indefinitely.

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny nods, seeing that she doesn't want to talk about him further. She'll say more when she is ready.

The lack of a coffee brings sorrow. "I've cut back from my last school days, but the Black is still close to my heart. Any tea? I don't have a preference for type.
    If not, water is fine ". Boiled leaf juice was the same wherever green or black. Closer to coffee, but not good enough.

"Indeed, the 7 oaths, plus the one to the Firstborn. Na Zdrovya.". He raises the glad to her, and shoots it. The taste is passable, but would benefit from a long chill. He hoped he pronounced Cheers correctly. It was a long time from that bar after law school.

"Well Galina-chan, I have no issue with you using either."
    Grandfather. Not a word he'd thought he would ever get called, but here we are.

"Let's start with the easy questions. What is the purpose of the ritual, in detail? What does the ritual mean to you? How are non japanese accepted in the ritual?"
    Tiny sits back and listens to get explain, placing a piece on the board. Good moves are cautious and methodical. He plays slow and careful, considering each piece before playing it.

Striking looks
    (Innocent cuteness)
    Presence
    (Enticing)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Galina
    Appearance

Equipment

Purse
    Proteinbars
    Mirror
    Smartphone
    License
    Gloves

+1
    SL
    PRE

"If you want coffee so could I always order some for you, it might take a little bit but it shouldn't be that long. For the future what kind do you prefer so will I make sure to keep it in stock." She were more used to order the stuff than make it herself.

Watching him in confusion for a couple of seconds before laughing a bit.
    "Sorry I am Russian not Polish, there is no Russian equivalency that is simply and directly cheers. You basically just said go ahead." Lowering her mask to down her own shot in one go without as much as a flinch, refilling both their glasses as she puts her mask up again.

Smiling behind her mask.
    "Domo arigato I appreciate that."

Her left hand is fast to reply to his move, her playstyle having no hesitation for someone not familiar with the game it might seem like she just knows what she is doing for those who know it though so would they clearly see that she is clearly focusing on extending the game rather than winning.
    "The purpose is dual however before I speak of it so know this, what I tell you here is not the complete truth for all of these rituals. Some branches or groups do them differently or have some variations to it so I can only explain how and why we did it." Looking at him. "So the purpose of the first part were the shared drink between me and Hector, it means for me to swear my fealty and offer my loyalty to the leader of the group. That means that for as long as he upholds the laws or traditions in equivalency to the position so will I serve him duty fully, note though that it is not blind service. I will do whatever asked of me for as long as it is for the benefit of the pack in this case and does not break our laws, should he fall so am I within my right to oppose him." Better to be truthful and direct there. "In our drinking he went first and were expected to take the lions share, should we have been true to the ritual so does it also mean that he would take a parental role whilst I that of the child in terms of that he leads and tutors those beneath."

Taking one of the rice crackers.
    "The second part lies on the purpose between those in the group. There are two ways to do this you can either send one cup along and drink a little each but that is not a style I prefer, I prefer the bonded arm and downing one drink each whilst your arms are bounded. This symbolizes brotherhood or sisterhood, it tells despite us not sharing blood so are we family. It sets neither in a superior position but is rather the way to show in front of the gods and each other that we accept one another as family, the promise to be there for them for all they need and always back one up. Note here though that my word were gods not God. Seeing how Japan can refer to gods so is it quite easy to interchange it to the spirits. I am quite certain that hundreds if not thousands of spirits have been revered as a god in Japan. Also remember that a god isn't always a powerful being there, you can be the god of a single field or street."

"Lastly so does ethnicity hold zero meaning at all, my family back in Japan." Looking towards the pictures on the walls. "Practiced this and I picked it up, for me it means a lot. All from acceptance to the way to create bonds with one another, to not care if you are odd or stand out you are family."

Trying to get eye contact with him.
    "I am usually not one for such long ramblings but I hope that answered your question in a satisfactory manner?"

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

"Water is fine. In the future just some black coffe with cream is perfectly." Tiny is struck by the fairly ostentatious location and set up, but the lack of general entertaining skills. Perhaps he should throw a small party.

"Oops." He says when corrected about the russian word for cheers. "I don't know what that says about the Russian language tehat it lacks such a word. Does Japanese have one?" They have to right? What kind of culture doesn't have a celebratory cheer?

Tiny listens carefully, sipping the water and snacking lightly on the proferred foods, mulling over her thoughts. He plays a few more pieces, showing good instincts, even if he is lacking in the rules knowledge to really utilize it.

"So if I understand you correctly, the purpose for the ritual you propose for us would be to considered bound to each other as siblings, equal in standing, before the kami." He was passingly familiar with the largest animist major religion. Its hard to ignore them when spirits and kami were basically the same thing.
    "And the personal feeling you want to get out of it is a feeling of belonging and famial acceptance." And probably having a family here would do a long thing to helping her stay here.
    "What do you want me to feel from the ritual?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread