Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer has arrived at the appointed time at Nox, a place for two Covenant members to have an earnest discussion. She wore a casual black dress of modest length, not the usual A line or bustle that she wore for Courts or Invictus functions. She wore matching flats, easy to walk in. A champagne colored silk dupioni shawl is draped over her neck and collarbone, pinned discreetly with pearl head pins. She wore a fresh blossom on her collar, held in place with a new pin. The blossom was a blue convolvulus flower. She carried a leather case with her notes and one her coded Notary journals. She settled herself in one of the smaller meeting rooms, set out the leather case and pin. Her clothing was demure tonight, not much on display to detract from her words. She was not displaying messages to the masses. A simple message was in her floral code. What matters would Mr. Jack and herself have to discuss tonight?

Attachment 5725Attachment 5724
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque was timely, making his way down to the meeting rooms to have their long overdue conversation. He dressed sharp, as usual, but this evening sported a dark blue blazer with his Rolex and pressed slacks. His shoes were stitched leather with worn patterns with complex designs. Arriving at his destination he bowed in greeting, "Good evening Lady Notary Hazelton. I hope things have been well."

He pulled out a chair and allowed Jennifer to seat herself first if she hadn't already, "I've been looking forward to this meeting for quite some time." He seated himself and gave a smile towards the Haunt.

Blood Hunt:

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer smiled at Jack's entrance, giving him the respected nod befitting his station. Her eyes pour over him, reading his colors and accessories for hidden meaning. She had kept hers understated to highlight her flower of choice, her tie to the House of the Blue Convolvulus. She had found herself missing the Lady Notary Chappelle. Jennifer did take a seat, allowing the both of them to sit and make themselves more comfortable.

"I have been looking forward to this as well, Mr. Jack." She admits, honestly. "Yes, I have been well. A bit busy - you know all about that. I did take some time to get out and have a relaxing time.
    For once. I actually ran into a Mr. Gage during one such outing."

"I trust that you have been well since we spoke last?"
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Of course," he responded with a grin to the busy comment. "That's good. Relaxation is one of those luxuries we seem to need to force ourselves into." He shrugged his shoulder, "I suppose it comes with the territory."

An eyebrow arched at the mention of his cousin, "It is good to hear he is making his social rounds. I do hope he left a favorable impression during the encounter."

"I can't complain, really. I find myself reflecting on the events at the ceremony more often than not." His eyes rest on the notary, a silent signal probing for her thoughts on the evening.

Blood Hunt:

5. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"Yes, it was brought to my attention that I may have been too... focused on one task."

"I found him to be quite polite. He has wits enough for socializing while out with a Kine."

Jennifer gave a chuckle.
    "Events of the ceremony. I take it you mean the eventful portion of the evening." She emphasizes with a friendly smile. Her brown eyes explore the Lord for a moment, curious to his interpretation. "I think you set the evening up for how it was supposed to go. Your smooth execution could have set us up for smooth sailing."

7. Likes liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I certainly have never been guilty of that," a flash of a smile to highlight the sarcasm.

"That's very good to hear," the look on his face made no attempt to hide his satisfaction. "It is a toss up these nights with new arrivals."

He grins, "Yes, indeed." His fingers gently extended in a gesture to Jennifer, "I'm glad I was able to follow your guidance to satisfaction. I do need to still learn the Blood-Tell Oath myself."

He asks, "Since the domain no longer needed a Herald, I haven't been quite as privileged with the flow of information. I recall you were going to have a meeting with her Grace regarding leveraging Oaths for Domain positions? How did that go?"

Blood Hunt:

9. Likes , liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"You? I never would have thought." Mock innocence.

"You know where to find me to schedule the Oath Training." Jennifer smiles. "I would be glad to teach you those that I know. We've touched on this before."

Jennifer tilts her head for a moment as she considered the inquiry. "I believe she is against the idea of non Invictus bound by the Oaths. Or having to swear the Oaths. I believe that she feels very strongly about being non partisian in her ruling. Personally, I think it would protect her Majesty if those in power had some oath in place." She studied Jacque for a moment, her dark eyes focused.
    "What do you think? Any Blood Oath strike your fancy in this application?"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Perhaps we can pencil something into your calendar before we depart tonight," he smiled at the reminder of her offer, "I remember, however I am still building up the foundational knowledge of other clan disciplines to fully appreciate your lessons beyond the basics."

The Lord's lips pursed at the roadblock shared by Jennifer, "That is certainly her prerogative, though I'm sure it comes of no surprise that I disagree with the sentiment. The existence of blood oaths aren't really the secret they were many centuries ago. What is unknown to outsiders is just how deep that rabbit hole goes." He considered the question before responding, "For the purpose I was aiming towards, the regular Blood-Tell Oath would suffice. The Prince would know when someone with authority granted by Her Will is influencing against her best interests." He shrugged as his expression tainted with a sinister nature, "But personally I'm far too petty of a Kindred. My own preference would employ an immediate consequence."

He let out an unneeded sigh as he composed himself, "Though both the Prince and Judex Twist in their wisdom have led with an example of mercy where they would have been within their rights to do more. I feel that in following their example, I would likely... refrain from my preference."

Blood Hunt:

12. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer merely inclines her head in a nod, affirming the idea to pencil in a time for Oath training and the rather clever idea to prepare oneself before learning new Devotions.
    "I think that Oath doesn't have the Teeth that I would like for those who would decieve the Prince, yet it is common enough that learning it would not jeopordize our secrets. As you say, is it really secret?"
    Whose to say what the Invictus can insist to be true, and who would dare accuse them of lying?
    Jennifer smiles a bit as Jack speaks of an immediate consequence, and its a predatory smile. "We are of like mind. I would like those who are so deceitful against the Laws to feel the immediate pangs of consequences."

She considers the rest of his words for a few beats of silence.
    "I have been rather impressed with the temperence shown." She admits. "Too much claw, and people castle up. No one would have the teeth to reach for anything."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

It was pleasing to the Lord to find more common ground with Jennifer. More than a few times he had felt outcomes had been dealt with softly and consequences inadequate but in the delicate Danse they all participated in, such disappointment was always warped into compliments of mercy and restraint- lest you get precisely what you wished for.

He thinks to himself for a moment before responding, "Unless I'm mistaken, your questions make me feel like you don't quite consider the matter closed with Her Grace's rejection." His head gently tilted, "I thought I had provided an adequate primer for the conversation, but clearly it did not have the desired outcome." It wasn't often that he had been on a completely different page from things he felt would interest the Prince when he was Herald. The Lord's mind still churned through all that could have happened between conversations.

"What do you believe should be your next move?"

Blood Hunt:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread