Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn's email arrived in Jennifer's inbox, exactly as they had discussed in court. It wasn't pressing enough yet perse, for a face to face meeting, but it was enough that this would help them get going for the foundation of a face to face.

The email was hand written, and the penmenship even on a digital medium was flowing and practiced. Unique. Not many people put that kind of effort into digital communication. It was a very personal touch, and that's just how Quinn liked it. She took more effort with her fellow Kindred than she would mortals.

Dear Jennifer Hazelton,

I hope this email finds you well. I mentioned last club meeting about beefing up security, but really it's about creating one of the most elaborate networks a city has ever seen. I have done a trial in my last place of employment on a smaller scale that was highly successful and instrumental in bringing peace back to the area. Insultating against outside threats and being able to keep eyes on the domain at all times for our clubs benefit is a worthwhile endeavor. I believe between my professional working group and yours, and perhaps Mr. H's assistance, and some bankrolling from Mr. J to get it all rolling, this could be done. Your groups great Lady is the one who pointed me in your direction. She had mentioned you had been dabbling already at this?

Looking forward to your forthcoming response,

Q.

P.S- Encryption Failed on the Message from the Server, so I was a little more brief than I intended.

failure

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

About an hour after the email was sent, Quinn receives a response from JenHacks.
    [Body of email]

Q~
    I will be brief in this message as I am unsure of your security on your end. I have encrypted this response to you and your initial email on my end. Thank you for reaching out to me.
    • Have you detailed what this network would entail to the Seneschal? Feel free to reply to this in a face to face meeting if the response is more delicate than this means of communication enables us to be.
    • Aspects of overall domain security is something that I am interested in. Some 9 years ago, I did an intrusion test of the Avalon system to determine how well gaurded it was. I felt that at the time, it was adeqaute for the Citys' needs. I have laid some ground work for 'city security', yet this is a vague term that I will use during this internet communication. Simple. Easy to obfuscate, and we so like to do that, don't we?
    I would like to make another forray into this aspect to ensure this is still the case.
    • Have you spoken to Mr. J on the bank rolling aspect?
    I am aware of Mr. H's area of expertise.
    This now seems to involve Mr. J, Mr. H... does it involve your cousin, M? I don't mean to be indelicate, but what are your ideas regarding... oh, shall we say, credit?
    ~Jen Hacks @email.com

Oh, such a cutesy name.

6 successes
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn cursed her Spartan living in her Emergency haven beneath the Mauseloum. Her equipment was having issues. Not really surprising given the circumstances. It was a christmas miracle that it worked at all.

Dear JenH,

I apologize for the encryption failure, but I am afraid the Spartan style living I have here is causing problems. Next time this will be done at the Big House that serves the dragon green tea I love so much.
    • No, I gave her an overview of what I was attempting. Ms. T bore witness as well. I did not go into Nitty Gritty details however, such things are boring as hell to people outside of our business.
    • Gotcha, I'm thinking more of CCTV level with sound. It's a hell of a project, but with you, Cousin M., and a lot of servers, I think it could be done. To off load costs beyond initial investment, I have some ways of doing that as well.
    I have not spoken to anyone except what I mentioned above so Iknew to speak with you further so we could work together, which was hinted at by Ms. AH, and of course Cousin M. I wanted to know your feelings about Mr. H and the matter of start up capital for this regarding MR. J. There is also the Grand A who could aid as well, and I felt you were the best person to council on which would bear fruit.

I would feel shared credit for all the real work would be between our great work groups. I would like to speak more of that in person due to this infernal set up here being crap, but I wanted to get your wheels turning. Silently of course. I will not express this to anyone else, if you won't, until we can meet when your schedule clears.
    Sound good?

Q

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer considered the email for a few minutes. She replied:

' I definitely think we should talk over specifics in person. I have no trouble working with H or J, we're in the same club.
    How would M feel about working with them? She's not the country club type.
    I'll do some initial work after checking with the one holding the cards.
    Perhaps you can do that, too. I'll shoot you another email when I get results. Next week, sometime.

I do want to speak with you on a separate, unrelated matter.
    I had been in talks with your President before he... Did what he did.

Definitely need to line up a meeting with whomever the new president is. It's about an important goal of mine. '
    ( End email)
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn smirked a little bit at Jennifer's assumption that Maeve wasn't the country club type. Underestimate her. I dare you.Ahhh. What those ignorant of the power in the Bloodline Mehket don't know, could fill an encylopedia. Quinn thinks of Maeve's special discipline and she's almost sure her face is going to split.

Dear JH,

M is very flexible. It's a gift I credit to our family. There is no issue there to be found. I can guarantee you that.

Sounds good, but just to let you know it is looking like I will be taking over the President position, as M doesn't favor the hot seat. I was curious if you could share with me the procedure in this region for announcing it? I was thiking a hand penned letter to the other heads of the different families would be appropriate, as well as one to AH, and BIg A? Does that sound appropriate?

-Q

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

I am pleased to hear that she won't mind association with us stuffed shirts  It's definitely nice to have a breath of fresh air.
    I can speak to the great lady regarding the project. We do travel in the same circles 
    Congratulations. I would send a letter to the Great Lady whom you referenced earlier. An announcement with how to reach you for new arrivals at the * club* would be in order.

I look forward to speaking with you in person on my matter. You likely have already guessed after my intent. I was taught the preliminary some years ago. I can not wait to hear your compensation...no, equal exchange.
    It's going to be nice to have you as a part of the ... Elite is how I suppose I will refer to it in this insecure format. Sorry for the imprecise language ( it's bugging me too).
    Catch up with you next week? I'll give you a call.
    - Jennifer

So off to end correspondence so casually. She had to stop herself from typing her title and family. Good for madame Quinn, Jennifer thinks. Definitely curious how much this project has been thought through. She hadn't touched some of what was mentioned, just because of how clunky being subtle worked online.

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn chuckled a little at the email.

Dear JH,

Thank you for the advice, and go ahead. I'm pretty sure she won't have a problem with it.

We will speak in person. See you then JH

-Q

Closed Thread