Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Mage OOC Talk and Questions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 25 of 53 First ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... Last

Twist Scenes

My mage's hallow accumulates Tass in the form of mushrooms, and yes, it takes time for the edible tass to convert to mana. Also, the mushrooms spoil quite fast unless consumed soon-ish! (The wiki says a week for food).
    Unlike other forms of tass, edible tass cannot be stored for long. I guess if you have prime & life 2 you can cast something to prolong the "shelf life" of edible tass but that's not what my mage has (or plans to have).

As such, he has tass in the form of mushrooms that spoils. Even if we assume (and it's not covered in the rules) that mushroom-tass can be preserved a bit longer with fermentation or preservatives and cold temperature, the fact remains that the tass is spoiling sooner or later.

Thus, it's wasted Tass unless you use it and according to the wiki-rules, it is 3 mana for one OR 2 people.
    In my understanding, that means that about half the mana of Corn's Hallow spoils. Which is a waste.
    I will totally find something cool to put here - eventually.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

Not to meta, but if he asked around there might be a mage or two with both life and prime who would be willing to help out.

Twist Scenes

Not to meta, but if he asked around there might be a mage or two with both life and prime who would be willing to help out.
    He guess there may be some but:
    - For him it's not a problem for the body to break down the Tass in an hour or two, he doesn't see it as a "must have now boost"
    - more importantly: He's not getting any mage he doesn't know very very well to his poorly defended Sanctum. Even after I buy security, I don't see Corn inviting mages he barely knows to see his sanctum and hallow.

5. Likes Ruach, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Yes, very wise!

0 Scenes

XPR time get them in before the New Year!

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

0 Scenes

It's that Time again folks! Get your XPRs in before the end of the month!!

10. Likes Ruach liked this post

Twist Scenes

A car is considered one item, right? I.e. if I use "Alter Durability" on a car, it affects the whole thing, right? Not just the casing but also the engine etc, right?

Twist Scenes

Fellow Mystagogue players, I would need your input on this. First, let me start by saying that Corn is indeed a Cultivator as shown in his character info.
    One way to get things is to make them. One way to make them is through the craft skill and the workshop merit. Another is cultivating a library.

There are a few things here that I would like to discuss with you and ask you.

- First thing first, the mechanics of it. If want to spend XP to buy the Workshop/library merit for the Athenaum, do I need to buy sanctum dots for the Athenaum first, or we're considered to have access to X dots of Sanctum size?
    I.e. do I need to buy 1+ dot in sanctum and 1 dot in workshop/library/hollow or Not?

- Second, the workshop merit mentions a +3 bonus for each dot of the right workshop merit. I.e. if we get Workshop (Alchemy)... that's a +3 to craft rolls to purify metals! (Purified metals are not perfected metals but are easier to perfect, requiring less work - if we go by meteoric iron). Am I reading this merit correctly? Or to get that +3 bonus you need to have specialty in the crafts as well? I.e. is it mostly an equipment bonus like High-grade tools, or it's something you need the specialty to use?

- Third. I don't just want to buy the workshop. It's not (as far as I know) an emergency. I would prefer if I had glimpses where Corn assembles the 21st-century alchemist's tools for the Workshop, like washing the newly bought glass vials or examining them for their resonance, washing the electric furnace with 10-years-old vinegar and an extract from a South China root etc etc.
    To do that... I probably need to buy tools. The craft skill mentions some tools and their equipment bonus.

- Last but not least... does making a workshop to do metallurgy/alchemy in order to make purified metal (similar to meteoric iron) requires the workshop merit? This is not a supernatural process nor particularly hard (if I go by do-it-yourself videos in youtube). I want to avoid the "improvised work area" penalty on craft, but I don't see a reason to get the whole +3 (like a garage would be for repairing cars or carpentry for making furniture).
    (I may still decide to buy the Workshop merit regardless, but if I have to also buy a dot of sanctum first I would may decide not to if there's an alternative).

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

1. Campanella has invested ●● in Sanctum: Athenaeum. 1 dot in Security (he has magically reinforced the doors and maintains that) and 1 in Size (for about two chambers / small apartment size). So the pre-requisite is met for a Shared Sanctum. Technically we could all invest in Library for a big one.

2. Mechanically, yes. As far as I know, the workshop merit provides the bonus. A speciality would only add to the skill roll involved. Also, a Workshop might be limited by the size of the Sanctum (we would need to check) so further investment of Sanctum Size might be necessary.

3. Mechanically, the Workshop provides the tool bonus. You can always write Glimpses reflecting Corn buying or [/i]building up[/i] the workshop but mechanically, its just the workshop bonus.

4. Probably - the workshop provides the correct 'workspace' to do the work. For example, anyone heavily invested in their car could have an extensive toolset (say +3 bonus) but that won't beat a car enthusiast's properly kitted out garage / professional mechanic's workshop (both examples of the Workshop merit in action) when making some hefty alterations on your new muscle car.

0 Scenes

Remember February is a short month! XPRs are due on the 28th!!

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 25 of 53 First ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread