Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2012) Sanctuary

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Puck and Campanella
Dec 26, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

0 Scenes

The Circle of Creation is the gathering hub for all Pentacle mages in the Sacramento Concilium, with chapter houses for all five Orders inside.

Located east of Sacramento and far outside the prying eyes of the inner city, the Circle of Creation awaits the mages of Sacramento. Despite being a replica of the Westminster Abbey, the sleepers who come by never seem to notice it. The wards built into the structure have made sure of this. To all but the Pentacle the Circle is essentially invisible, ensuring the safety of those who enter and engage with one another. Whether it had always been here for the Awakened was hard to say now, but it was the site that the Awakened gather to mingle and discuss official matters.

It is a time for simply for mingling among the Awakened. The common area is large and open, but over the course of the month it's inevitable that people may bump into each other. The official concerns of the Consilium are put on hold as a more lighthearted experience is shared among this community of the Wise. Ultimately, this is the opportunity to let the proverbial hair down. How much so is up to them.

This is the opening post for Sanctuary. Please read this for information on Sanctuary, Consilium, and the difference the two. Come here to be recognized!

Also a reminder, Sanctuary threads are not official Consilium threads. Those under an incarceration sentence may not attend a Sanctuary thread.

Sancturary is not a single event, or formal Consilium. It's a compression of time to represent the comings, goings, and intersections of Awakened throughout the month at the Cirlce.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP Half Pool: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2 | 3 w/ 2E Life Armour
    Occult 1

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5 | Spell Tolorancy 3

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: 2E LifeShield Pot 3, Life Sight Pot 3

PRE

Being MIA for a while wasn't really the plan but it still happened. Whatever. It wasn't like her life revolved around this place. She had other shit to do. But like. Maybe she should y'know. Let people know she's alive more often.

And so, wearing her paint stained Tee, skinny fit jeans, her leather jacket and her good (if well worn and well loved) boots, she stomps her way into the Circle.

Then stops.

Awkward.

Has she ever been here alone before?

Big fat nope there.

She had a strange want to scream out MARCO! just to hear the echo.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower (half pool):
    Monthly Rits: 2E Life Armour/Life Sight (Duration 4/Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

4. Likes Ruach, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Coming walking from the arrows quarter, dressed in one of her more comfortable attires, her new knife strapped to her leg finally starting to feel comfortable in using them. Not that she thought anything would happen but if it did she would not get caught of guard, her bone throwing knives strapped onto her for easy access. A lot of new faces had been showing up lately forcing her to up her training and be more ready than ever before, it was a bit unsettling.

Waving her hand over her eyes as she entered, the green color of her life spell clearly showing.
    2 successes

Looking over the nearly empty room, it felt a bit unusual to see it so empty then again she often passed by here when it were totally empty.

Smiling a calm smile towards Briar.
    "Hello Briar hope all is well with you." Leaning up against the wall where she easily could keep track of anyone entering whilst hoping there wouldn't be another new face this month four new ones so quickly after each other already felt a bit bad more new ones and no new arrows could become a hassle and she had finally started to get a dating life chance.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

Corn entered the Circle. He had thought to visit through the past month but he was not sure whether he would be welcome or find anyone and then other things came up. He made a round and found the flexible pretty Arrow with another woman he didn't know.

"Greetings." he said to both of them.
    "I am Corn. Mysterium, Moros. I am new here, having been introduced myself to the awakened community last month. I don't think I had the pleasure of your meeting" He said to the woman with the paint-stained tee.
    Then, he addressed Skye. "Hello Skye. Last month I didn't manage to get your contact information in time. I would try to rectify that, if you will." He said and produced a piece of paper with a number printed on it. "This is my phone number, but please don't copy it as it is in a medium that someone could find. Unless it's too inconvenient, perhaps add a number here and there if you store it." He asked the arrow politely.
    "If possible, I would like to contact you and whomever else works for the defense of this consilium to see what I could do to provide assistance to you guys. I have some ideas, but they may be a little silly." Silly enough in fact that I would prefer to first pass them by someone that is a bit weird anyway.

Turning to both the women, he added "Last time I also didn't have time to add if there are any 'dangerous areas' in Sacramento that a mage should avoid. Areas controlled or influenced by enemies supernatural or mundane etc. More or less, I need some directions as the new guy here and since mostly everyone is here longer than me, I bet I could ask everyone. I can offer to buy you coffee or tea as an incentive, if you want..."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru, well Guru was Guru. Quiet was not usually an adjective used to describe him. Loud, Fast, fidgety, these were all accurate descriptions of the man. Though through it all his spirit remained high, mood bright and he walked in with more treats since they always seemed to be a hit. This time was just a dozen cupcakes, walnut sweetened with honey. Good and healthy, well, healthy for a cupcake at least.

He was dressed down for this meeting, he was wearing a pair of black Adidas track pants and a plain royal blue t-shirt. The messenger back he normally had was of course slung over one shoulder and holding the container of cupcakes in one hand before setting it down and popping the top so everyone could have access.

“B-Ro! We missed you last month! Cupcake? S’up Skye. Corn on the cob! What is up!? What’s poppin Ya’ll?” His energy levels didn’t seem to diminish as he addressed those gathered but instead started rising like the excited puppy he was happy to see people again after FOREVER trapped inside.

10. Likes , Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Hey everyone." Kaze says as he enters, wearing jeans and a sleeveless tee and a large Superman symbol on his upper arm. He looks like he was out for a run in the recent, warmer weather the month of December notwithstanding.

Kaze pauses a moment, noting both Briar Rose and Skye are in the same place at the same time, and no one seems worse for wear. It's probably really helpful that Skye has a new hair style and color....

He resists the impulse to single out anyone for greeting, since at least one of those would probably not appreciate it, and would notice being the only one not singled out if he tried it that way too.

Kaze looks around again, just to make sure he didn't miss Phoenyx. Nope. Not here. Yet. Maybe later, after all Winter and Aurora aren't here either, or Campanella and they are are likely to be around sooner or later.

Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

12. Likes liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella joins the group. A coat whirls about him and he carries a satchel slung across one shoulder. A light scarf is draped across his shoulders. He arrives from the cloister, evidently having been spending time in the Mysterium's Athenaeum.

"Briar!" His eyes light up when he spies his Cabal mate.

"Skye. Corn. Kaze." He inclines his head to the others in turn.

"Guru." He greets the Shaman last, with a knowing smile, as he snatches up one of the offered cup cakes.

The Moros didn't take a seat, not yet. He simply stood, chewing on the cup cake, while he considered a response to Guru question.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

14. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Watching as the new guy entered, not really having much of an opinion about him but at least he were still here wherein others were gone as quickly as they had arrived.

Taking the note with her right hand whilst fishing out her phone, quickly tapping in the number and calling a signal before hanging up. Speaking in a more serious tone than her usual calm demeanor.
    "If you have some ideas so would I be willing to listen and if they have merit so will I present them on to the rest of my order, feel free to contact me at any time Sundays are generally my busiest day though." Handing the note pack, she could code the number into the phone later tonight.

Smiling a calm kind smile towards Guru as he arrived, quickly making her way over to him with a quick hug.
    "Any fun celebration plans for the season?" Taking a cupcake and breaking loose a tiny part before getting ready to head back to her wall still feeling a bit worried over the influx of new arrivals. "Thank you." Chuckling a bit, one day he could so easily poison us all if he wanted to.

Whistling towards Kaze in amazement.
    "Permanent or henna?"

Nodding her head towards Campanella in respect for the mans wisdom.
    "I hope this final month of the year is treating you well."

16. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach, Shane liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP Half Pool: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2 | 3 w/ 2E Life Armour
    Occult 1

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5 | Spell Tolorancy 3

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: 2E LifeShield Pot 3, Life Sight Pot 3

PRE

And just like that the Circle is flooded with living bodies.

Copy+paste is less copy but the name's not changing. Ever. This bitch knew grudges and kept them. "Sure. Yeah. All. Is. Well." dryer then the desert.

Briar Rose blinks at. fuck. Corn's (who the fuck choses Corn for their s'name? god. fuck.) intro. "Dude, you can dial that down like fifty percent that would be perfect." still the same dry tone, because. Holy. Fuck. "Briar. Rose. Two words. One name." flicking an eye towards Copy+Paste. Bitch already knew that.

Guru gets a smirk. "Was thinking about leaving." She shrugs, then - was he calling her cupcake...? Oh, no, he had some. "Yeah sure. Sugar me." Making grabby hands. Or as grabby as the Shaman would. Which is none at all but a flat palm out, expectant.

"Campenlla." she smiles, an actual smile. Ish. It's not sharp enough to be a smirk and the corners of her mouth to upturn, so smile. "Hey,"
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower (half pool):
    Monthly Rits: 2E Life Armour/Life Sight (Duration 4/Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

18. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Last meeting had her leaving with anxiety. So why was she going back? Because it was what they did. Every month. And as Councilor, it was sort of expected of her.

Whatever.

Walking in, heels announcing her entrance, she see’s she’s not the first to arrive. Always a good thing.

Nods and small smiles were offered to all there. But nothing was said. While she was dressed to the nines, loose fitting dress pants, black tank top and red lips, she looked tired. Fucking studying had been killing her.

Finding a seat, she sits, seeming to be content to observe the meeting and whatever might come with it. Coffee was sipped.

20. Likes , Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread