Ended
Watch

Dropping Bodies: Quinn's Investigation

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

Carried over from Dropping Bodies: Quinn's latest meal

About an hour later, Quinn receives a notification on her device.
    There were a few different things going on. Which pawn shops? What area were you in? What time? Do you have any more specifics? Her contact replies.

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn answered back with. "Early in the evening, around 8:00 PM or so the pawn masters shop over on 11th an birtchwood avenue. That area." she texted back.

Quinn sat back against the bed of her haven. A graveyard. How fucking fitting, is that?

Jennifer Hazelton

About an hour later, her contact sends her some information: There was a mugging over near Birchwood avenue, reported at 9 PM. There was a domestive violence report at a residence around 8:30 PM. There was a dead body picked up at 8:40 that was sent to the coroner.

So the body was likely going for an autopsy. It was likely that photographs of the scene were taken by the police. How would Quinn proceed in her investigation?

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Don't suppose you can get me the pictures from the crime scene would you? Or I can come down and you can let me take a peek? I could make it worth your while for this. I know this is asking a lot, but look I just need to know for my own peace of mind or it will drive me crazy."

(

(I would like to make a Manipulation + Persuasion + Contacts roll to see if Quinn can convince her to help get her access to the pictures.))

Jennifer Hazelton

Go ahead!

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

1 success

Jennifer Hazelton

Theres a delay and Quinn has to occupy herself most of the night. With just four hours until dawn, an image is sent to her email. It is a scanned photograph of the scene that Quinn recognizes from where she had fed on the thief. It shows a body lying as it was found and is shot from above with an elevated height to allow a full view of areas around the body. The woman was collapsed on her left side, her arms curled alongside her. There's blood on her face and a small amount pooled by her head. Too small of an amount for that to be cause of death, right..?

Wits + medicine roll to determine likely outcomes from this picture or Wits + Occult to determine anything is occult related in the photograph

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn had been anxiously awaiting communication from her contact. Wiling the hours by doing programming work. Trying for an automated facial recognition software. Without a database of faces to attach it too, however; it was just prep work. She had an idea for a backdoor access into the NCIC database that law enforcement used, but that was a ways out. When the email came across she opened it eagerly and cursed not taking some basic Medical courses. Her intuition may be enough, but well not likely. She tapped her lips a moment and hmmmed.

Quinn will roll for both! FIrst Roll Medicine
    failure

Quinn Rolls for Occult!
    1 success

Jennifer Hazelton

Looking at the picture, Quinn feels that she cannot determine what caused the woman to perish. Yet as she studies the picture, she notes that there's a size marker besides a small mark by the dead body.

Something very small yet of interest to the police. Quinn studies that mark and realizes it looks like a small trail heading away from the body. Someone else had committed the crime and then trailed blood away...

As she considers this, she becomes aware of a small sound above her haven. The pitter patter of very small feet. Rats? A small animal?

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Sloppy fucker.Quinn thought to herself looking at the photo. She wondered if anyone at court had any medical expertise. Perhpas a past life as a crime scene photographer. UGH. Damnit. The coronor's report was well beyond her reach. Even with her allies in Government, that was a goddamn stretch. Hacking the local precint to look at the submitted report wasn't even an option yet, and even then it was risky by herself. Even with some fancy hardware and software she had. She made a mental note to talk to some others outside of court about this. Dirt Nap perhaps.

The sound of a small critter up top, made Quinn immediately turn her computer off. It was pitch black down under the crypt itself. The panel looked like nothing. You could even walk over it and not know it was there, but there was nothing to stop one from opening it. It was just hidden so damn well Quinn hadn't stressed it that much: Until right this second.

Quinn felt suspiscious due to the fact that she kept no food here, did not feed here: no chance of blood or other bodily fluids attracting critters. The body above had nothing. It was like 100 years old. There was nothing to tie her to this place. Could be a random critter, or could be a little spy checking out the cemetary that was near the AIr BNB place that was her last known drop off after the whole encounter. If it was Animalism being used, she knew she could ask Dirt Nap how far that rabbit hole went exactly, or just stop fucking around and get some real security on the place.

What she did NOT do, was make a sound. She listened intently, but didn't alert the little fella that she was down here. She damn sure didn't pop the fuck out either to kill it. That was the biggest no no. Her sire had always drilled it into Quinn that spies, shouldn't be killed until you knew who's door to kick down in the next moment. Cause once the spy doesn't report back, they have a hit....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread