Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

The address you are given lead you to what appears to be in a residential area in town. It’s a middle-class neighborhood: the houses are too run-down to be a bland suburbia, but it’s quiet and clean. You are admitted at the door by Jennifer.

"Good evening, Your Grace,” She greets. "Please come in." Her serpentine voice creeps forth.
    The Nosferatu has dressed herself in an A line dress in emerald green. Jennifer had worn the dress at a Court function over the years. She wears a flesh toned scarf concealing the left side of her neck. A champagne colored silk dupioni scarf is tied on trend atop.

Jennifer leads the way into the main room off of the entry way. There is a window with heavy black out curtains are drawn, concealing the outside. Two small electric lights are set in end tables in the corner of the room, providing just enough light. The sitting area is composed of a leather love seat against the window. Facing the love seat are a pair of dark blue arm chairs in birch veneer. A low coffee table squats in the center.
    A small bouquet of red and white roses is on display on the coffee table. Unity is the message that Jennifer has strode to capture in her arrangement.
    Jennifer gestures to the seating arrangements. “Duchess Twist, your Grace, please make yourself comfortable. Thank you for coming this evening. "

Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Far from the high fashion gowns of court, Twist arrived in simple, if well tailored, clothing. Slacks and a dark blouse, her hair tied up in a knot, gold hoops in her ears.

"Lady Hazelton," she greeted back, the warmth in her tone matching the smile that creased her face. "Good evening to you as well. Thank you," stepping past the other woman she waited to follow Jennifer into the main room. There she paused to look around, noting the layout and the décor. She usually did such, but with Jennifer she tried to pay a small bit more of attention knowing that with her there were meanings behind nearly every component of a layout.

Moving toward the love seat, Twist folded herself gracefully into at Jennifer's invitation. "I am happy to," she replied easily. "If anything, looking forward to it in fact."
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

3. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"I have been looking forward to this evening as well." Jennifer confided in her slithering voice. The Nosferatu took a seat in one of the dark blue arm chairs after Twist has seated herself.

Jennifer had taken care in the small arrangement on the coffee table, trusting in the Duchess' keen mind to know and understand the message that she was sending. Jennifer did so enjoy the language of flowers with others who understood. Brown eyes glance to the flowers, as though ensuring that all was still well since she had attended them minutes before the appointed meeting.
    The Notary attended the Duchess, signalling with her expression that she was paying close attention to the Daeva Priscus.
    "I trust that you have been well since we spoke last?"

Genuine interest pricked her.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist tried not to fixate on Jennifer's voice. Like Alice's skin and so many others over the years, it wasn't something that was going to go away. It was part of her, even if it wasn't pleasant.

"I have nothing to complain about. The covenant is strong, the city is stable and my theater remains elite in the city." Pride colored her voice clearly as she spoke. And if she didn't mention her other passions of clan or House it wasn't because they were lacking. Rather they were simply quiet and small at the moment.

"What about yourself?"

6. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Yes, I have heard quite the glowing review of your theater. I mentioned it in the last Court. A few of us hope to visit a show very soon. If you have a recommendation, I would be sure to attend it."
    "I have been quite well, thank you for asking, Your Grace. I stepped out of my comfort zone a bit and socialized on Halloween. Normally people are put off by my Curse,"
    A subtle gesture to her throat. "- yet the Kine were a more polite sort. I was pleasantly surprised. "

Jennifer leans forward slightly. "I was curious if you would like to begin the study that we discussed before. I know that I am of the opinion that one of your position and influence is one who would wield my Family gift well." A slight smile at the thought of all the skills that the Archon must posess. No doubt she had corrected many a fool on behalf of the Invictus or the Prince.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh- I do suggest it! If you let me know which showing you would like to attend, I will insure that the evening is one to remember." The pleasures of ownership meant that it was easier to insure her theater remained the premier event it was even amongst the Kindred. It would not be the first time for Kalos to arrange an appropriate box and refreshments.

Twist made a small sound of understanding the implication within Jennifer's gesture. "I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience," her tone genuine. "I have gone out a few Halloween evenings myself and found them to be similarly enjoyable," though of course without the struggles of a curse.

Oh how Twist did enjoy an individual who was able to maintain a decent amount of small talk and then get directly to the point. With them she could actually enjoy a conversation in English.

Twist mirrored Jennifer's lean, an anticipatory smile teasing to come out. "I would indeed," she started simply. "I have seen, and will admit even felt, the effects of such. I will not lie, the ability could be very useful."

A tiny part of her did balk at the notion of what the evening would entail. She had learned Gifts from others before. And it was not always the playful show and tell that she had engaged in with Jacque. Not seeing any Kine around gave credence to the thought that this perhaps would be such a learning experience.

9. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"I will be sure to do that. I will contact Mr. Jack and Mr. Smith, and relay our plans to you, your Grace." Her nose crinkled a bit in merriment, it sounded like quite an evening to look forward to. An evening to remember for the Archon had to be something that would be an amazing experience for them. She nodded slightly to show that she was listening closely to Twist's remarks regarding Halloween activities. She entertained the thought of going out with Twist... it would be eventful, if it ever came to pass.

"Ah, you have felt? I imagine it was unpleasant. Hopefully an experience with an ally?" Jennifer clarified. "I admit, that is a daunting experience. I spoke to my mentor, Lady Notary Micha Chappelle on her experience. A Nosferatu Elder had been... possessed of a sort. She had joined the then Prince, a Crone, and a coterie mate to corral and stake the unfourtanate creature. The experience was so harrowing, her hair turned bone white from root to tip.

Then a sense of dread was infused onto the very essences of those four who did dispatch him. Never again could the four join together, for they drove all others from distraction to terror to flee that... dread."
    A head shaking at the misfortune that such a keen mind was taken from the Nosferatu - and of course, all the troubles his wielding Nightmare had inflicted on that Domain.

"I have focused a lot of my study on determining what motivates others. I have tried to hone my empathy for others. I want to know, intimately, what others fear from the way that they conduct themselves. When I unfurl my Dread or eye of the Beast, I want to have an idea of what the victim has in store for them. I want to be in control of the aspect as much as possible. Now for the Monstrous Countenance, that much I can control a bit.
    When a physical confrontation is at my door, one of my first instincts is to unfurl the Dread that rolls out. I do want to discourage witnesses and perhaps drive off the confrontation entirely."

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

At least ... she was fairly sure it had been the Nosferatu gift. There had been fire involved as well. But the individuals not on her side hadn't survived her friends in order for Twist to ask. Well, the point was, she knew what it was like to feel terror and to flee from it.

A grimace pulled at her face and she reached up to touch her own hair, considering the idea of it going white. Permanently. She was sure she would be able to make it work, but after so many years of having it this color ...

"I suppose there are worst results of encountering such but I imagine that was still a ... startling adjustment to have to make," she murmured, working to keep her voice light. She was not afraid of people assuming her vain, she was Daeva after all, but that did not mean she wanted them to think her so much that it could be used against her.

At the follow up results though, her look pulled into a true grimace. "Such as that ..." she said, having little difficulty imagining the difficulties that would arise from such a situation. If any of her past endeavors with others of the domain had resulted in that outcome ... well, stability would be hard pressed to be claimed. So many times she had worked with other ranking members. If four such could not even stand to be in the same room - it was not a pleasant situation to think on.

"Does that help? Knowing better I mean?" she asked, leaning forward in curiosity despite the nature of the conversation. She had some knowledge of empathy and emotions herself and would not be averse to a small edge in learning what Jennifer would be teaching.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"It was. I know it affected her greatly, for her coterie mate was also affected. They had to time their movements to never be in the same room, all three of them, for the rest of... well, ages I suppose. I can't imagine." She shakes her head sadly. At Twist's question, Jennifer considered it carefully for a moment.

"Yes. I believe so. Part of what I like to always plan for is that I might have to... utilize the Gift. Especially if I recognize something might be a threat or unstable." A moment for thinking of Horatio, and all the little mental games she had played to keep from actually lashing out. Now, she wondered if she could have gotten away with it...

"Yet, Nightmare. We can talk about what you want to learn and I can... demonstrate. I asked a member of my herd to stand by nearby if you would like to see, yet I wasn't sure the direction you would like to go..." There was so much nuance in her Family Gift, she thought. A lot to discuss, perhaps over many nights. Which with meeting with Twist, would be a treat.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist didn't hide the small shudder- additional consideration of the situation did not lend any comfort.

"Having knowledge of something does not insure that knowledge will be put to use. But to have it and never consider that it could ... there is little use in learning if one approached it that way." Twist commented. There were skills she had herself that, outside of learning and practice, had never seen true action. But like Jennifer, she did not shy away from giving thought to how she would if the need arose.

Inwardly Twist gave a relieved sigh at the news that Jennifer had someone nearby. As much as she disliked the idea of subjecting the gift on a herd member, it was much preferable than it being used against herself.

Spreading her hands, "I leave the how up to you. I would not presume to tell you how to teach. I am not against a demonstration, it is a way of teaching I am familiar with. But if there is another path you would prefer, of if that is jumping ahead too much...".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread