Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque made himself comfortable in one of the meeting rooms of the Nox as he waited for the new arrival to the Domain. He could tell that his time here would be off to an... unusual start but still he kept his hopes high that the resilience their blood was known for would steer the course of the future for the better. He quietly reflected on the conversation had during the last court.

Mettle. Will this new Lord possess enough?

Gage Lioncourt Daniel

Blood Hunt:

Gage
    Resources
    Athletics
    Gage Lioncourt

Gage is expertly dressed in a tailored black on black suit, matching dark hair and a steely gaze. While not overtly powerful, his muscle tone shows an extremely low body fat percentage, a tight chest with a flat abdomen.

PRE

A brand new Lincoln Continental pulls up in front front of Nox. A large, dark skinned man gets out and opens the rear passenger door, and Gage steps out, buttoning his suit jacket and straightening his tie. He shakes his driver's hand and nods, and then shakes his head. His driver nods, and gets back in the car, and drives away. Gage looks quickly about himself, and enters Nox. He is then led downstairs, not too concerned with the kine that inhabit the public area. As he approaches the meeting room, the Beast within him starts to waken - he takes a moment in the hallway, quietly clinching his fists until the skin is pulled tightly across the knuckles. After taking a moment to compose himself, he approaches the opened door of the meeting room, gives it too quick raps of the knuckle as he slowly steps into the entry way.

"Jack, I presume?"
    "May I?
    " Gage says, with an arm gestured out to the chair opposite the table
    Attached Images
    Presence 2 (CEO)

1 success

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque stood as the unfamiliar face knocked at the door frame. The beast riled within, begging to be let loose on the trespasser. The pleas of the beast were quickly quelled as the man absorbed Gage's informality. He was quite certain the text mentioned being of the First Estate, yet here they were.

"Mister Jack," The Lord offered. A polite tone sheening an otherwise deliberately enunciated statement. "Given the purpose of this meeting however, Priscus Jack." Respect was everything in the Invictus world. It could make or break you and it all started with how they addressed each other.

"Please, Mister Lioncourt," he answered to the request. "We can start by you clarifying the nature of your arrival. You seek asylum, but were vague on the circumstance of your departure from your prior Domain." There were certainly other pressing issues on the Lord's mind, but first impressions were important and there was plenty of time to chew through the details.

I know the next court is coming up very quickly. Due to continuity you should not attend, as this scene will occur after that one and your arrival would prompt a need for acknowledgement there.

Blood Hunt:

Gage
    Resources
    Athletics
    Gage Lioncourt

Gage is expertly dressed in a tailored black on black suit, matching dark hair and a steely gaze. While not overtly powerful, his muscle tone shows an extremely low body fat percentage, a tight chest with a flat abdomen.

PRE

"My sincerest apologies, Priscus Jack. I'm relatively new, and the First Estate was little more more than a formality in my previous Domain... led by a voted President of more...modern ideologies." Whether it was hatred or disgust at the idea of a voted leadership, it was more than evident Gage wasn't a fan. "It was actually that same voting system that ejected me from there. Titles were quite lax amongst the three of us - The.. Alder.. provided bare bones assistance, and was more interested in what I could offer him." Gage pauses only a mere moment to reflect, and continues, "I graduated Berkely before leaving California, and being that my introduction to this life wasn't welcome in my home Domain, I thought it would be fitting to go back west. I'm staying far enough away from any contacts I had in that life."

Understood!
    Presence 2 (CEO)

1 success

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque's head tilted ever so slightly as Gage offered his explanation and apology. Sounds like a bunch of Carthians playing pretend he thought to himself.

"You'll find things much different in Sacramento." Blunt, but true. "Just in my brief time with you, my soundest advice would be to petition for a formal education from an Au Pair. Sacramento does not have one, so an Invictus has to be willing to take responsibility for you." There was a pause before he added, "There will be a price, but well worth it to avoid climbing up from a shattered reputation from offending the wrong person with a faux pas."

He nodded as Gage explained, "What goals do you hope to accomplish in Sacramento?" He paused to add, "Running from a problem is a fair enough reason to be anywhere else, but I find that unless you wish to risk a repeat..." he shrugged his shoulders. "A plan works best."

Blood Hunt:

Gage
    Resources
    Athletics
    Gage Lioncourt

PRE

"I will put that to the top of my to-do list, Priscus Jack. Prices aren't much an issue for me.. and it sounds to be a wise investment."

Gage waits a moment before disclosing his plans, but answers: "Short term? Increase my capital. Sure, I have enough currently to provide a modicum of comfort, but with my new found.. longevity.. It isn't enough." Gage pauses again, and continues. "Before I came to Sacramento, I did a little research, and decided that I want the Wells Fargo Center. Top floor living suite, roof-top lounge and pool accessible only from an elevator shaft on the key-card floors, which make up the top three floors, and three levels of basements. This would amount to an enormous victory not only for myself, but possibly for the Estate, if it please us. I would make sure the top-most business floor happens to be 'reserved' year round for any business we might need on an Estate level, and basement 2 may be a refuge for any Estate member who is in need of emergency shelter. For the efforts, I myself would take the living suite and Basement 3. Again, if it please the First Estate."

With a lighter tone of voice, Gage adds, "This all of course hinges on my acknowledgement within Sacramento. I dare not step on toes before exacting my plans, and bring a negative light on the blood of the Lords. After all, things must be done properly."

I took some personal liberties with a real building in Sacramento. The Wells Fargo Center is real, but I don't know anything about the floors or the roof. If this isn't allowed, Gage's response about aspiring to take the Wells Fargo Center were strictly financial in purpose. If it is allowed, I'm essentially recreating it in the image of the tower from The Devil's Advocate.
    Last edited by Gage Lioncourt; Nov 30th, 2020 at 04:13 PM.  Reason for Edit: Detailing my OOC message better.
    Presence 2 (CEO)

1 success

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Receptive to feedback, that was a good sign. A smile crossed his lips, assuming the best for his 'prices aren't much of an issue' comment. Kindred debts are rarely paid in paper and coin, but if this new arrival wasn't accustomed to that, he soon would be.

"You certainly aim high," true to the blood for certain.

His acknowledgement of proper protocol was met with a nod, "Of course. As my cousin, you will go far remembering that very fact. Your actions reflect on the family, and myself." A pause to allow Gage to respond as he felt needed.

As he waited, Jacque reached into his vest pocket and produced a folded piece of parchment. He slid the document across the table. "Please read that and let me know if you have any questions."

Blood Hunt:

Gage
    Resources
    Athletics
    Gage Lioncourt

PRE

Gage takes a certain amount of pride in his aspirations, and with the faintest amount of that coming to the surface, Gage responds, "I do, Priscus Jack."
    "Lords are held to a higher standard, if not only by ourselves, than certainly by those who scrutinize our every move, itching for a chance to tell us we aren't as regal as we actually are. It is every Lord's responsibility to make sure those opportunities don't happen. For my image, your image, and that of every other Lord here."
    A pause, as his eyes quickly scanned the parchment, nearly too fast for a mortal to read, he said, "I'm aware your time is precious, and it is not my intention to take up too much of it. In addition to you and I, are there any other noteworthy Lords in the Domain I should be aware of? Any noteworthy kindred that I ought to know about, outside of the Domain officials? And, whom should I be warned against interacting with, as I'm sure a Domain of this size certainly holds enemies. It is my belief that we should present a unified front, and if anyone has crossed us, my efforts would be better utilized if I'm not reacting to someone else's scheming, but rather able proactively counter it." Gage folds the parchment and slides it into his jackets inner-breast pocket. "Regarding the Laws, it seems rather straight forward. The only thing I need to know regarding Her Grace Alessandra Antinori, Prince of Sacramento's displeasure, is that I dare not risk whatever it may be. Beyond that, nothing else in this note is left to the imagination."
    Presence 2 (CEO)

1 success

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Currently no," the Lords responds to the inquiry. "Like many clans of the city, our notable membership will ebb and flow. The Gangrel have always been consistent with their numbers in my time here, no doubt attracted by Her Grace's success and the stability offered under her leadership."

Another smile as Gage solicits advice, "There is nobody I would currently advise against interacting with for any reason or another. We all have our motives and ambitions, but there is nobody currently in the Domain who is so far out of favor that association would come with consequences."

"They are straightforward," Jacque agreed. "Though I'm concerned with your lack of discretion over electronic communication. Hunters are always listening and sniffing out for clues. I'd like you to realize that committing to these Laws are not a simple formality as you've been accustomed." He paused once more, perhaps for dramatic effect, "I have time for family. I'd like you to read the Laws carefully and be sure you have no concerns on your ability to following them. You are right to avoid the Prince's displeasure. Prudence in this moment is the first step in doing so."

Blood Hunt:

Gage
    Resources
    Athletics
    Gage Lioncourt

PRE

Gage slides the parchment back out of his pocket, and reads over, more thoroughly. His eyes move slower across each line, absorbing the material on the paper. An eerie silence fills the room, as two bodies sit still as a statue. After reading it more thoroughly, Gage returns the letter to the pocket it was retrieved from. "The hunters in the area... what do we know of them? Their numbers, their influence? This phone that I carry, it is tied to one of many shell companies that I indirectly own. Admittedly, my text was rather forward. A calculated risk, as I'm acutely aware that not presenting oneself in a timely manner can have dastardly repercussions. That directness won't happen again."
    Presence 2 (CEO)

1 success

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread