Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn laughed and clapped her hands at the 'Pinky and the Brain' comment. Comedic gold. She nodded a little slowly recovering. "Ohhh my gosh. It IS an Invictus Domain. They are dominant covenant, and the Prince's clan is the most numerous. At least we have each other. We are doing better than the Ventrue. I would say I wondered if he was a bit lonely, but its hard to feel much sympathy or commiseration with the Lords usually. There have been exceptions. In my last domain Bettina was pretty alright for a Lord." She said with a grin. She made a waves in the water motion with her hand before continuing. "But I don't want to judge Mister Jack to quick. I can see ways that he and I could work well together. I just always wonder if they are you know, bat shit crazy."

"He doesn't have our blood Cousin. Without constantly working with the Kindred mentor you lose your ability to hold on to the discipline. That's what happens when trying to learn the disciplines of the other clans that aren't in your blood, and the training is incomplete. Good ole Horatio stiffed him."
    She said with a gentle shrug of the shoulders. Watching for Maeve's reaction to that. It just kept getting better with that fucking guy...

Quinn grinned at Maeve. You saucy flirt. "A catch huh? Nice. I do try to do our clan proud. Some nights it comes easier than others." She paused for a few moments to simply look at Maeve. Enjoy her company for a few heart beats before continuing. "I failed to mention my more mundane skills. First, I can shadow anyone without help from Obfuscate. My stealth skills are professional. I am an amazing Hacker, I also have a corner on the market for getting fake documents through all nice and official. Real papers, the kind that usually go through the courts? Yeah. Like that. Big moneymaker for me. I can do some minor lock picking, but I do better than I should since I have a lock picking kit to help me cheat. Just like with hacking. I have plenty of programs already written to help me. Cuts down the time."

2. Likes liked this post

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

"My last domain was mainly unaligned with smatterings of other alignments hanging about. Portland is a weird, backwards place, honestly." Maeve listens, nodding, "Well, hey, if you think you can work with them, go for it. You are the diplomat and I think I'll be the one who ends up shaking things up in weird ways. With good manners, of course," She sticks out her tongue a little and laughs.

"Huh, well shit. That is something I completely forgot about," She seems embarrassed. How could she forget something as simple as that? Because there are too many other thoughts going on up there, duh. "Wow, Horatio is a major ass. I hope he stays gone if he's gonna pull shit like that." She rolls her eyes, "Urgh. Giving us a bad name, honestly. We've got enough to deal with being the sneaky bastards we all are." And at that she laughs, because it was true.

She bats her eyes a little. She knew what she was doing. "Good." As Maeve continues to listen, she makes a bit of a face, "You bitch. We are twins! Not entirely, we've both got our specialties, but still. Dang. Well, fuck yeah. We should do more official work together like a freaking tag team!" She does a little wiggly dance, hands moving like she's gonna punch the air, "Wait, but that would be awesome. The freaking Mekhet duo. We can knock 'em all dead."
    | BP 2

4. Likes liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn shook her head and laughed a bit. "I admit, I have always had some issues getting into trouble just by being a Shadow in general. I'm a Mekhet Dragon AT THAT!" She exclaimed with a laugh. "Probably the most irritating combination of any covenant pairing! Highly Inquisitive and intrusive questioning techniques paired with a Doubting Thomas facade refusing to take anything at face value." She said with a little dip of her head.

"We could be twins. THis also means that if Jennifer Hazelton doesn't want to share a pet project, we may not even need her to pull it off all by ourselves. I am trying to get her involved though as I thought it would be a great project to build bridges between our clans."
    Quinn had a reason for almost everything she did. She considered herself calculating, rather than Manipulative. OF course. Rarely does one see their own evil.
    Last edited by Quinn Durant; Nov 30th, 2020 at 01:33 PM.  Reason for Edit: Coloring Text From Tablet

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

Maeve laughs, "Yeah, you've got a big ol target of mistrust to get off your back. Meanwhile, I'm exactly what people would expect from an Unaligned, at the very least," The blue haired woman runs her fingers through her hair, tucking the frizzy strands behind her ear.

"Mmm the Nos and the Mekhet's working together? Not a bad play. Us being twin like is certainly an advantage, though one of us should likely branch out more. I'm pretty much a jack of all trades half the time, so that might have to be my job," She says with another laugh, "But yeah, what kind of stuff have you been working out with her? Or have you just been doing the cozying up so far?"
    | BP 2

7. Likes liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

"How many unaligned elders are there?" Quinn spread her hands as if the inevitable would occur. She didn't comment about it other than in the around about and questioning way. Allowing Maeve to come to her own conclusions on the matter. Or perhaps this is the subject I must be the ocean and Maeve the rock, and gently wear her down.

Quinn chuckled a little. "I want to create a virtual spy network using the existing camera's already placed by the city and paranoid business owners. All of which we have to map out and trace back to what and who the network is actually managed by. Its a shit ton of work, but when in place this type of system will be instrumental in insulating Sacramento from outside threats, and of course give the Mekhet and Nosferatu reasonable spying avenues. I believe as the Mehket Clan Priscus this is the start of what could be one of the most extensive spy networks on the west coast. Not to mention being a joint venture between the Nosferatu and Mehket of this size an scale is the stuff of legend. " Big plans, and no doubt bigger setbacks, but that's what back up plans are for also.

She watched Maeve then, wondering what she thought of her grandiose plan. It was immense on its face, but Quinn felt it was manageable in parts, and with more Kindred pushing the work forward.

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

Maeve laughs a little, "You got me there. Nada. We had one pass through once though. I know I'll have to choose something eventually, but for now, I want to maintain who I am a little longer," There is a bit of a solemn nature to those words. She feels like she lost something in the embrace besides the obvious. Not having a sense of self was more dangerous than anything in this life. You have to know and stick to who you are or become the easy pickings.

"A plan of that scale is going to take lots of time, resources, and lots of small integrated details that need to come into alignment properly. I think it is definitely possible and if we are careful enough, but ambitious enough, this could become widespread. Some missy is working to get herself well above her station. I like it. I mean, I don't like the spotlight, but it's a solid idea. Now it is the matter of planning smaller sections and getting it all working. Figure out what people can do and what parts they can put together. You and I are both tech junkies and have underworld knowledges and allies. We can definitely make this happen with the help."
    She nods her head, kind of excited about the idea of it all.
    | BP 2

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn's smile softened a touch at that. She understood Maeve's fears all to well. 'You are nothing but Shadow and Hunger inside Quinn. The sooner you accept it and let the rest go, the better.' The words of my sire echo inside of me now. Oh I knew what Maeve meant. Mehket had a lot to worry about on that side of things. "As your Priscus it will be my job to make sure you are on the right path to make our clan look good, and by extension, myself. I would be a shitty Priscus if I didn't point you to the obvious weakness in your Danse."

Quinn grinned a little, noting her Cousin's interest with satisfaction. See? Shadows just cannot resist mass spying efforts. We don't like the spotlight, but offer a shadow to do what they do best: pull strings in the shadows? You got yourself a partner. "I am glad you see both the potential and the scope so quickly. I have done a smaller version of this idea and it worked beautifully. A massive network across the city would be amazing. And potentially lucrative with the criminal element. I am sure they would pay for information about rivals."

11. Likes Shenanigans liked this post

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

"And I appreciate that. Though, I feel like every domain needs a neutral party. Who knows? Maybe I can weasel my way into that kind of role eventually. We shall have to see." She says, considering. It would be interesting, but then, what the hell would she do in that kind of situation? Actually listen to people? Ew. Then again, she was good with people when she needed to be, she just had to cultivate it. Sometimes she does wonder if people are overestimating her or underestimating her abilities.

"I'd love to know more about your previous plot and what kind of resources and influence you had put into it. If you've done something small scale like that, I'm sure you have a decent idea. Speaking of which, have you leaned this idea on the Nos yet? If so, have they talked at all about what they've got they can contribute if this becomes a thing? I like to make sure of where a plan is before figuring out the next steps."
    She leans back, considering what their next steps would need to be.
    | BP 2

13. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn giggled a bit and backed off the topic finally, just nodding her head a bit. Let it go Tiger. Sink your teeth into something else, like how to pull off UK level spying in one city "Okay. First thing I did is the equivalent of war driving, only walking around or using my motorcycle for long blocks of industrial space. Warehouses and the like. Finding the physical camera's and then tracking it back to potential networks depending on location. It's not always as obvious as it seems, but for the most part it is a good inidcator of how many eyes we have existing out there, that we don't have to place ourselves. It's a money and time saver. We can keep jack of everyones progress through password protected google docs and live maps. That's step number one. I suspect we will be on Step one for a decent amount of time...hence my going to the Nosferatu Priscus to see if she wants to go in with us on the project. More boots on the ground, the quicker phase 1 is complete."

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

The blue-haired shadow nods as she listens, considering different facets of how Quinn made her plan work. Will the Nosferatu be enough?

"Very impressive. I can see how that definitely worked on the smaller scale, so yeah. Now we gotta work it up." She pauses for a moment, "How many Nos are there? Are there other potential allies we should be considering as well? Though, we don't want any plan to be too big. Start with one group and then potentially expand." She lets out a little sigh, her blue eyes still somewhat calculating.

"I'll try to see what I can do about manners and getting on the good side of more of the Nos. The better relationship our clan has with them, the better." You know you have the ability to be nice. And polite. Am I smarter than the way I was the first day? Maybe? I don't even know. But now I know what is at stake in this domain.
    | BP 2

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread