Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn had texted Maeve the address for their meeting. It was a place that could not be traced to Quinn directly, but functioned as a haven. To say it wasn't much, was an understatement, but it was in a great location in the city and it was light tight and secure. It was accessed through a mausoleum in the oldest cemetery in Sacramento. The irony of course wouldn't be lost on a fellow Shadow. There was an ante chamber beneath it, barely large enough to fit a bed, a small bookshelf, which was well stocked, and a writing desk. It was certainly private, no one could argue that. Uncomfortable for a meeting, sure, but it afforded a level of privacy that they would be hard pressed to find elsewhere.

a-mausoleum.jpg

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

As soon as Maeve memorizes the address to the cemetary, she deletes it from her phone and makes her way over. Tonight, she is wearing a standard band-tee, somewhat ripped black jeans, and black boots. Her blue hair is done up in a messy ponytail which actually looks kind of cute. She's gone to the trouble of doing a hint of black eyeshadow and liner for makeup and a tinted lip balm. She looks like your standard circa 2008 punk chick.

When she arrives at the mausoleum, she takes a moment to gaze around before calling out, "Quinn?" ​Her voice is barely a whisper, but she knows the other Shadow will hear it.
    | BP 2

3. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn opened the Mausoleum door, carefully looking around, and stepped back to let Maeve in and then shut the door behind her, and led her down into the haven proper. Wasting no time. Quinn was dressed casually as well, in a black short sleeve henley, a black cropped leather jacket, and a pair of form fitting black jeans. She had on a leather belt with a silver oval clasp buckle, purely for looks, the jeans fit her like a second skin, showing off the curvy petite woman. She wore all back Nikes on her feet that made no noise over the marble floors. Her makeup consisted of a little eyeliner and mascara, and clear lip gloss. She let her café au lait skin carry her lips. Her hair was down and softly curled, sprayed with a scented hairspray that smelled like night blooming Jasmine.

"Good evening, Cousin. I am dreadfully sorry for the lack of proper quarters, but it is a bitch to establish oneself in a new domain. After living in a Mansion this is just depressing, but it is wonderfully located and secure, right? Besides, I can use the Chapter House for cushy digs until I get something else on the table. I just didn't want Dirt Nap or our guest JC Smith listening in to our Clan business."

She patted the spot beside her on the bed, drawing one leg up, letting the other stay on the ground. "So first things first. I have some bad news, but Horatio skipped out on us. He cleared his room out and everything at the Chapter house. So we have no Priscus, and must figure out who will represent our Clan amongst us. That is our first and most important agenda.
    The second thing that we must cover is I received a request from Dirt Nap to be taught Auspex to the Aura Reading Level in exchange for a Major Boon. Apparently Horatio was teaching him, but he cannot hold onto the learning. So we have to decide as a Clan if we will allow the teaching of our signature discipline or keep our cards to ourselves. After that we will establish everything else together."

5. Likes Shenanigans liked this post

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

"Sup," She says in greeting. Holy shit, she smells amazing, "I can more than understand that. Well, sorta. We lived in a shithole for a mansion that was completely dilapidated. I swear, it was like if What We Do in the Shadows had their house all banged up," She says with a laugh. The Shadow makes her way inside, taking note of the tiny cramped living space. Not much room for her to do much of anything. Heck, she'd probably opt for a hotel instead of taking someone back here... nope. weird thoughts.

"Ah, the benefits of having a sect you belong to. I am blissfully unaligned and, honestly, for good reason. People are a bunch of bastards once they think they can boss you around when they put a roof over your head," She shrugs a bit. "Still, glad you have multiple places to keep safe. Would suck for a cousin to be stuck out of a place. Which, if you ever need a couch, I've got one. My apartment is at least a little bit bigger, not that this is bad. Tiny can be good for many things." Which things, she wasn't actually sure. She walks over to Quinn and before sitting down, she feels that beastial pull. Fuck off beast. You can get dinner later. Quinn is friend, not food ya bastard. Not that we eat other vamps. She is cute though.

Maeve nods at the news, though she doesn't look surprised, "Of course he did. Skipping town after you fuck up the Prince's name, apparently multiple times, makes sense. Embarrassing. Well, I've never looked to be leader of shit, so if you want the position, that's up to you. Unless you want a fall person. You know, be the person behind the power?" She pauses, "Oh yeah, those are the things we aren't supposed to say out loud right? Heh." She chuckles. "I guess, I will mention this, I am slightly higher up the ladder with our clan, but you seem to be on the up and up potentially with the court. So which outweighs which?"

"Dirt Nap is pretty cool. I honestly don't mind him learning Auspex, though I'd like to know his 'why'. What is he using it for that is important?"
    | BP 2

7. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn quietly admired Maeve's sense of style. It was definitive, but Shadows were just that. Mutable. Ever Changing. Growing and shrinking. Never straying to far from the original shape, but outside factors could bend them to their will. Quinn laughed easily at her description. "This is something that I feel safe in. Feeling safe is more important to me than pretty much anything at this point. I keep my 'hanging out' with humans to a minimum now. If I have to invite one over I rent a furnished place from Air BNB. I keep as much 'false' with them as possible. The Masquerade is an inviolable thing. I don't want them to ever know where I live."

Quinn listened to her and nodded in agreement about tiny only serving specific purposes. As she got close her beast shrunk from the idea. Wanting her to recoil from the other beast. From the stronger beast. She gritted her teeth for a moment, and let the feeling wash through her, acknowledging the sensation, and firmly controlling her reaction. I cannot stop feeling afraid, but at least I can control my reaction to that fear. For now. Tonight. Here. Nothing was ever really certain with the beast was it?
    Quinn giggled slightly at Maeve's assessment of the Covenants. "So I guess I can just exhale on the whole idea of you potentially joining one of them? I mean not all of them are the same. It's definitely a personal choice, and I don't want to put undo pressure on you. Try to keep an open mind, you might be surprised what you find." Quinn wisely left it there. It was a personal choice.

Quinn looked a little surprise at Maeve's suggesting to set herself up as a fall person, and quickly began shaking her head. "I think our fall person just left the city. I do plan on letting Horatio absorb all his bad juju and I wish him well elsewhere, but our clan cannot sustain anymore large blunders. " Quinn nodded emphatically with with the fact that Maeve was far more established in the clan than she herself was. "Will you actually support my Priscus-ship? Do you think I will represent our interests to the court well? That's the real question. Fuck what everyone else has to say. It's not their choice or their business. We do have to choose a Priscus between us. Or we leave ourselves open to inconsistency which the other clans would cease upon."

She paused a moment and watched her nodding a bit at her feelings. "I don't feel the same. I like Dirt Nap, I mean hell we are both Dragons, but his outsides don't match his insides. I used Auspex on him to feel him out a bit. I will have to do another and deeper reading on him, but I don't know. We don't really know him." She paused a moment. "He wants it for the Order. There is a devotion that combines Protean and Auspex that allows one to confirm locations of Wyrm Nests, or sites of power that can benefit the Order." She paused a moment. "Speaking strictly as a Mekhet however, this doesn't help our clan one fucking bit. It gives us nothing. A personal boon, Major or otherwise doesn't help strengthen our clans standing or in the eyes of the court. I think it does the opposite. If I am to represent us as Priscus, I will forbid our clan from teaching Auspex outside of our clan. The only exception I think I would make is perhaps if they taught us their clan discipline in exchange."

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

Maeve nods as Quinn speaks, "You are far more careful than I am. I mean, I'm careful, but my careful is just not using my place," She shrugs a little bit. "Then again, my face is also hella hard to remember most of the time."

"Oh, yeah, no. Nope. Definitely not. You'd have to drag me by my heels and stake me before I'd join a faction like that."
    She says, nodding with conviction. She really does hate factions and all of that. "I just feel like they serve to divide us apart further. We need to focus on common goals and with separation of clans, do we need anything else to separate us? But that's just my two cents."

Maeve laughs at her comment about Horatio, "You aren't wrong. I'm a bit of a weirdo, which is why I mentioned it," she gives a little wink, "I will support you as Priscus. I think you've got more political aspirations than I do, which is basically none. You'll need someone who can back you on the rougher end when need be, especially when you need to be more polite. It's expected of you. I mean... it's expected of all of us in this freaking Invictus domain, but you know what I mean. All this damn bowing and Ms. blah dah blah dah blah."

"What did you get out of him from Auspex?"
    She asks curiously, "And I don't mind withholding the power. I'll say this as well, he can't be a teacher at least. But you are right, it doesn't get us jack shit. I might at some point be able to dig through his memories a bit at some point if it might give us something." She kind of looks off to the side. She doesn't often share her other abilities.
    | BP 2

10. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn laughed at the careful part. "Yeah, I'm a regular super secret shadow, who lets her emotions show on her face." She made a face. "You should see the thing I call my sire. That's one tricky motherfucker. I learned some shit from him, I cannot deny I didn't, but I also feel like I'm suffering from PTSD from last domain. As much as we can suffer from such things. I'm prollie doing it to myself. I try to control my thoughts from going there, but sometimes I just can't."

She paused a moment listening to her beliefs on the Clans and Covenants and on the degree's of separation. She was quiet a bit, as if contemplating her words, and how they did or did not fit in with her own views or beliefs. "To me, your Clan is your family. No one could understand you more than them, and no one would be as willing to help you as your clan. The Covenants serve as your social group. They are formed from Kindred of all clans but you come together in the Covenant and go about your existence in a similar way. It's to keep us together and working towards things, instead of falling to our default which will always be solitary predators. That's how I look at it anyway. You know your views sound similar to the calls of the Carthians." She paused a moment. "I agree that at the end of the day, all you have is your Court against everything else, but in the end clan and covenant lines will always pull our loyalties."

Quinn chuckled a little at her assentation. She wasn't wrong. "I do like politics, but I think it stems more from my being so fucking nosey, and desperately wanting some security for our clan. I mean...fuck. Look how I live right now? People who feel secure don't live like this." She shrugged a little. "I can help you with the Invictus titles. I had them well beaten into me in my last domain. Remind me before you leave tonight to email you the cheat sheet." She winked at her then. "Soon you will be more smoothly polite than I am. It just takes some knowledge and a little bit of willingness to show you understand you are at the bottom of the totem pole and will show proper respect to those who earned their place. At the end of the day I feel we are in a vulnerable position thanks to the previous Priscus. Doesn't mean we have to leave ourselves there, but it does mean our mission in life will be to strategize on how to make ourselves useful to the domain."

She paused a moment, and sighed. "I saw the main of his Aura, the dominant color at least, but not everything. He is plagued with a deep sadness. The last time I saw a Kindred with an Aura like that, they met the sun. I suppose I can relate. My embrace was forced. They needed my skills and numbers in my last domain and they took it. My sire said I was not a suitable enough temperament for a ghoul, and they needed me to have more power than that anyway. To survive." She shrugged and you Maeve could tell it didn't have the power of her that it once did. Not anymore.

When Maeve revealed her Bloodline discipline, Quinn's gaze widened. "Well. That does help us quite a bit doesn't it?" She reasoned, but looked wary as well. "I can see great benefit, but we must also help protect that secret. I can see it as being useful, but also see it as threatening to the others in ways too. Or the absolute worse case scenario: Enslavement for the Prince's gain." She paused and looked thoughtful. "My sire's bloodline is Khabit. The master of shadows themselves. It's a frightening discipline to be subjected too I tell you that, but useful. We should keep these things to ourselves for now, until we can get the maximum benefit from it, and perhaps only the Prince herself should be made aware. The best weapons in a Prince's arsenal should always be surprise to her enemies."

12. Likes Shenanigans liked this post

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

Maeve laughs a bit at the beginning of her statement and then her face grows a bit softer, nodding in understanding, "Yeah, my sire was a right cunt. Gaslighting scumbag. Only wanted me because I was good at blending in with the wrong crowds. He needed those wrong crowds. Ended up getting a lot of people killed," She shakes her head a bit, sighing, "Why do I feel like every Mekhet I know absolutely abhors their sires? Isn't there at least one person who is actually not a piece of shit. Like damn. But I feel for you. I'm in a similar boat."

"Oh, I definitely know all about that. I'll admit, more than likely, my views come from the fact that my sire was a Dragon, but he was an absolute shit one at that. I was nonconformist as usual, so he didn't take offense on that end. Actually, I was probably more useful unaligned, now that I think about it."
    She makes a face like 'huh, the more you know'.

Again, Maeve nods in understanding. The poor thing really needed to get some shit out of her system and... well, as a shadow, she was down for all the t. "Politics are how most of us survive, at least that's how I view it. It's the dumbest shit ever, but it is factual. Glad you like it or, at least, glad you can deal with it. One of us has to be good with it." Then again, part of your nonconforming self is to distract others from knowing your use. Fuck off secondary voice. I'm not that useful. "You'll come to a place where you find that you either live or you die. Fear will strike us forever and our beasts will be the little shits that they are, but you've gotta live. Again, if you ever need a couch, I've got one cous."

"Oh, that's not good. Then, I've also got to ask, how far along has he been in teaching?"

"Oh, yeah, you're a cousin, so you get to know. All other bastards can fuck off via the need to know basis. I mean, does the Prince really gotta know on that level? Is there some kinda rule about it?"
    | BP 2

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I appreciate the way you conduct yourself, but you need to practice good manners. Be as spontaneous and out there as you like, but do so with politeness. I would ask also you spy on as many of these other Kindred as you possibly can. Let them think I am the quiet one they can control, and let them not know what the fuck to do with you." She grinned a bit.

Quinn paused and nodded at her offer of a couch, but didn't comment. Just smiled a bit, and looked down at her hands a moment, and tucked a bit of her curly hair behind her ear. "Dirt Nap has learned to read Aura's. So he was already at the level he desired for himself, but it will leave him without a teacher. They don't have the inborn gift that we do. I know I barely know him, but I don't want to lose him. I lost my last mentor, and it rocked my world, and just sucked. I have to find out why he's so sad. Remember, what we discuss in these meetings in confidential."

She shook her head quickly about the last part. "Oh no..I'm sorry, I meant that if there comes a domain situation or other situation that would require your unique discipline skills, then and only then would we reveal your special bloodline, and then only to those at the tip top, like the Prince or Seneschal Hart, for example. Keeping our cards close to our chests is important." She paused a second, and looked at her with a grin. "Now...-I- do need to know what you can do. For fairness sake, I have attained the level of being able to read the psychic impressions in object, and am working on my next level, which is Telepathy. Reading minds, and being able to connect mind to mind to speak silently. I also have rudimentary knowledge of Obfuscate. I never learned Celerity, but I will begin working on that. Shouldn't be to hard to add in a training regime to get me there." She then looked expectantly at Maeve.

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

"I'm sure they already don't know what the hell to do with me, which is how I like it. I can try to be more 'polite'," she puts in air quotes, "considering this is an Invictus domain. They don't say it, but we both know that it is. Either way, solid plan. You are the quiet Brain and they think I'm Pinky." She gives a little wink and laughs.

"Well, shit. If he already has the level he wants, then why does he need a teacher to learn more? He needs a better reason than that he just wants to learn it."
    She makes a bit of an annoyed face. She seems to have come around a lot more on Quinn's point, "And besides, if you lose him as a mentor just because you won't teach, then he's a shit mentor and you can do better. You're a catch." She sincerely means it.

"As for what I can do, I have a range and am not particularly specialized in disciplines. I have obfuscate, celerity, and meminisse rudimentally. I plan on developing my more specialized ability more after I do so with obfuscate. I'm more specialized in skills, particularly in investigating, hacking and the like. Oh, and if you lock yourself out of your car, I've got you there. I've got small connections to local gangs, but not a lot. Working on that."
    She's a lot more useful of an ally than she lets on, and far more intelligent.
    | BP 2

16. Likes Aeolus liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread