(Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra listens to both John and Gerrit, quiet as she had spoken her portion. Pushing it too hard would be less likely to make him feel better and push him away instead. She didn't want that. She could feel that internal struggle he had been feeling, though, she's never questioned if she was meant to be a Winter. She's questioned whether she acted more like a Spring than a Winter, but she's always known she belonged to and with Winter.

"Doing the best you can on any given day is fine. Your best changes every day, so don't feel like you always have to match the best of every one else or even the you the day before." She can't help but offer. That last part got to her a bit. You are useful. Everyone has their place as a cog in the wheel. She wouldn't say that aloud though. It wouldn't help.

"The Hollow shouldn't be anywhere near Funderland," She offers a start at that again so they can get it moving, which might help more than continuing to beat the subject. "I've always loved a good back alley Hollow, but that's just me perhaps. I'm good with setting up wards, so I can help with that."

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

He nodded to Gerrit but didn’t say anything he just let the silence compound as he sat there still letting the man collect himself until he was ready to speak. Once he was back John took a sip of his coffee and offered another soft smile. “No worries. If there’s anything I can do to help don’t hesitate to ask. “ He agreed with Cassandra’s assessment, he knew most days weren’t his best but all he could do was keep moving forward and looking back. As much as it hurt him too he couldn’t help but live in the past.

He cleared his throat when the topic shifted, looking to Gerrit to make sure he was ok before answering. “Agreed. Some place with little foot traffic would be ideal, any place off the beaten path will do.” He was still speaking softly, not wanting to shatter the silence that hung over the room.

Goes by the name: John

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit nodded some more along the reassuring words of Cassandra and John. Even smiled and gave a half-hearted thumbs-up to the space between them. This was his battle, but this was neither the time nor the place.

The change of topics was a welcome one. As his thoughts almost reflexively moved towards problem solving and helping, a bit of live returned to the Ogre. "Agreed. Maybe we-" he stopped for a moment. Would they think I was faking it the last few minutes if I contribute now? He hadn't been. Just because I was shaken doesn't mean I have to be shaken forever. He closed his eyes, cleared his throat and continued. "Maybe we could keep digging around for the old Winter Hollow - this way people we're asking could assume we're reestablishing it in Funderland? Does any of you know a neutral and ideally deserted place in Sacramento - a place none of us has any connection to?"

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"There are a few dilapidated cemeteries in the area. Perhaps we could do the Hollow in one of those. None of us have those kinds of connections, so it would be unexpected." She says, considering, her emerald eyes calculating.

"I still plan on digging around for the old Hollow via Rhodes when I speak with him about our lost artifacts and the like. Can plant the seed there." It would be easy and useful. Who knows? Maybe the old Hollow really did still exist.

Cassandra does keep an eye on Gerrit momentarily, wondering if her pep talk actually helped for once. Would be a first for her.

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

John kept the smile up, the muscles at the corners of his mouth and up into his jaw hurt from the action though. It was clear to him that he didn’t smile often at all from the shock of the strain the act brought. Eyebrow raised as Gerrit started then lowered as he continued, curiosity having come and gone. Though there was a voice at the back of his head, a scratch telling him to push, to dig further.Invoke the clause, see how he was shattered. No, he’s a friend that information has to be given willingly.

“Cemetery isn’t a bad suggestion, only problem might be accessing it after dark. Though we’re a sneaky lot so might be a lesser issue. If we find anything on the old one we could re-establish it as a secondary base of operations since we’d have to find out from Rhodes so it’d be a known location.”

6. Likes Shenanigans liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

He ignored their looks - acknowledging them meant believing the voice in his head that claimed he was supposed to keep on feeling bad, that there was no way he was bouncing back from this. He didn't want that, and he didn't want to drag down the mood further so he took on the heroic effort to get away from his dark thoughts and focus on the problem to solve.
    "I like the idea of the graveyard. Maybe later on we could establish another exit to make accessing it easier and create an emergency exit. We could probably ask Rhodes about it at the ball - busy or no, he shouldn't really miss this."

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"I really like that idea of having more exits," Cassandra says with a nod and a smile, "That would be a good thing to invest in after the basics."

"There are a lot of cemeteries that are mostly open, but it would be cool to use a mausoleum, I'm gonna admit. Perhaps one of us gets a sneaky key somewhere that can get us in. Or we could always go with a good tree door in the middle of the woods."
    She chuckles, "Maybe one of these nights we do a little scouting at a location."

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

“Mausoleum would be ideal, its away from prying eyes. Sure, in the long term there’s going to be a lot more we need for it or other locations we use for specific functions. But having a space we can run and hide to when we need to is a good start can always have the first one be more of a living quarters then eventually find a space we can turn into a garden for harvesting perhaps? Just spitballing.

“Sounds like we have a good jumping off point though, I’m ok at navigating the hedge at least. I can usually find my way in and out fairly easily.”
    He said as he couldn’t help but look around the room trying to see that tell-tale glow of a doorway around. “Any other details or should we push forward to another topic?”

He didn't bring up Gerrit's mood, he'd work through it on his own time and if he wanted to discuss it he would. Pushing at the issue would only serve to further isolate and push Gerrit away which isn't what he wanted to do. He wanted the man to relieve himself of his burden but it would have to be in his own time.

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

"Sounds good. Uhm, we'd have to either hide the key or have one for each of us, else it won't be all that useful to run to in a hurry." The mention of a garden brought out a small smile. "A garden sounds nice. Maybe we can find some useful goblin fruits to cultivate there. Do you want to go look for it before or after the Coronation?" The ball itself was close, but on the other hand John might be too busy once he was King.

Gerrit looked down thoughtfully when asked if there was anything else to talk about. He had prepared the things he wanted to talk about, but the storm inside his head had blown away the neatly organized plans. He either said everything he wanted or forgot what else there was to address. Anyway - he looked back up and shook his head.

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"I mean, we'd all want a key. We're going to want to utilize it at separate times every once in a while, particularly if we put a workshop in it." She mentions, nodding as an in general as she considers.

She adds, "I'm also good at navigating the Hedge." Even though I hate it at times.

"I don't think it could hurt for us to look for it and go for it in the near future. I have lots to craft, but those are my evening chores."

She pauses, taking a long moment to consider, "I don't have anything pressing that comes to mind, unless you do, John?"

Page 7 of 10 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Last
Closed Thread