(John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

John remained silent, wanting that moment to last forever. He could have died right then and there and been ok about it, accepted it. His hand slowly wiping the tears from his cheek, just enjoing the energy in the room that had built. The curve of a smile forming on his face as he wiped away another tear, actually relaxing in his chair for a change. Though still eerily still from years of training.

When she apologized John just offered her a smile and a nod of agreement to Gerrit's statement. Speechless, that's what he was right now, speechless. Words being taken from him by the event. He sat there in that moment, but like everything else it couldn't last. Talks of moving back to the living room, the forward rush of life came crashing back and swept them forward.

Is that why you were drawn to winter? The perfect stillness and serenity of a winter night. No animals around, no insects, just the cold and the quiet. The perfect place to sit and reflect, to just be. He closed his eyes picturing it with a smile as the talks of moving to the living room happened, he got up, nodding his affirmation that he'd like more coffee and hesitated, not wanting to the be the first to leave the room.

Goes by the name: John

2. Likes Aeolus, Shenanigans liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit blinked away his tears and just sat there for a moment. He noticed Cassandra apologizing and thanking them, but there was no need to comment on that - for now he held that moment closely and treasured it. Winter, after all, was a time to reflect and a time for solitude.

When Cassandra mentioned to move the meeting to the living room he got up. Beauty aside, they had some things to discuss and the piece just doubled the motivation to work towards a better future. Besides, he learned to enjoy the good things, but not to lose himself in them and become too content. For him it wasn't breaking a serene moment, he was using the momentum. "I'll have a glass of water, thanks."

He put the chair back where it belonged and looked at the hostess. "Anything I can carry over while you're working on the coffee?"

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra nods, quickly making her way to get Gerrit his water and then to refill John's coffee. As she does so, she considers his question, "Oh, uh, the coasters are on the kitchen table if you don't mind bringing them to the living room." She gives him a thankful smile before handing him his water.

She picks up John's mug and gets herself her own from the cabinet and pours herself a cup. She doesn't bother to add anything to it as this blend is plenty sweet enough, but not overly. She watches John, noting his hesitation in movement, but imagines it is due to the bustle. That is his mask isn't it? He goes from major social anxiety to being rather a decision-making powerhouse, doesn't he? This isn't social anxiety though.

She wondered if they were both worried about these discussions. Both seemed apprehensive about moving along to it. She couldn't entirely imagine why. Perhaps there was more tension for the Winter Crown than she had thought? I know you'd think: I still don't understand why you'd give up the chance to be Queen. That was your dream- being King, remember? But no, I'm going to do what I do best: support. Thinking about what he'd say feels less hurtful now and more... weirdly supportive.

She smiles again, still giddy from her performance, and makes her way over to John to hand him his coffee before grabbing her notebook and pen off of the bookshelf and sitting down on the couch, ready to begin their meeting. "Alrighty, shall we? What do we want to start with?"

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

John mostly flitted about like a ghost as things shifted and moved. Knowing Gerrit was perfectly capable to get a small handful of coasters on his own John stayed out of his way. Putting his own chair back as he slipped into the living room and took a seat. Not sitting idly for too long as Cassandra came back, mug in hand. A smile offered as way of thanks as he brought the warm liquid to his lips and blew on it before slurping in a sip letting the beverage warm him and the caffeine help wake him. Blinking a few times when the agenda was asked about.

“Solstice is the big one. What, Where, Who are the three questions that need answered still. Cant work we can save for the end of the evening, that one’s not a rush at all. Anything else?” He looked around the room not sure what else they’d need to discuss for the evening. His voice was soft though, barely above a whisper living just slightly louder than the music for the moment.

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit happily accepts the task Cassandra has given him. Working always made it easier to sort his thoughts, even if it's a banal task such as getting coasters. There were some things he wanted to talk about and while he'd been establishing his life in Sacramento the time hadn't had the courtesy to stand still - it may be over a month until the seasons changed again, but some things needed preparation and thus time.

He made his way over to the living room, put down some coasters on the table and his glass onto one of them. It seemed only fitting for John to start the official part of the meeting - he was lined up for the crown after all. I wonder if that one will be discussed among us at all. He'd wait for John or maybe Cassandra to bring it up first. He was pretty sure his name hadn't been thrown into this hat.

"Yes, that is a big one." He wasn't particularly loud, but next to the Darkling he felt self-conscious and as he continued, he also spoke in a slightly lower tone. "I would also bring up the topic of duties or titles or rather - do we see the need to appoint particular areas of expertise. I know this doesn't appear to be done throughout the Freehold and maybe it's a number thing but I'd talk about it anyway.
    We should also talk about what information we found out about the Hollow - if any - and how to proceed in this matter."
    He didn't want to put himself in the spotlight or act as if he lead the discussion, but he was pretty sure (or at least hoped) the others knew him well enough by now to get the right idea about his initiative. With slightly 'eyebrows' he looked at Cassandra, to see if she had anything else to add to the agenda.

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra takes a long sip of her coffee, thinking, calculating. With the way her green eyes stare as if charting every possible plot, it is almost like she is another person entirely. This always was her specialty, becoming the person needed in any given situation. Well, socially anyway.

The Polychromatic nods, "Duties and titles would be good discussion points as well. It bears the reasoning that we should go through what each position does and their appropriateness for what each of us is suited for if necessary." Of course, she'd say both, but she wouldn't assume who would take the throne yet. John needed to confirm. "I spoke with Seraphina about the Hollow matter and the previous Queen simply used her entertainment establishment for festivities. If there was a Winter Hollow, it is mostly unknown, particularly after the Four Seasons had been destroyed by the Dragon. I have been trying to get a hold of Rhodes to discuss what information like Hedge maps and the like exist and where they have been kept, but that hasn't occurred yet."

"I'll go ahead and go through my thoughts. When it comes to politics and planning, I don't shy away from getting to the point. It gives more time to debate and then decompress from it all."

She takes one last sip of her coffee before setting it down and getting ready to start, "For our Solstice, my idea is a Masquerade. It is simple and very Winter. It would need a theme of course. Perhaps one of Loss or Remembrance - remembering what we have lost and using it as strength and a point of focus. It is one of our defining features, is it not?

"As for the where, I have the resources and some influence in entertainment. Getting and renting a ballroom for an evening as well wouldn't be difficult. We just need to make sure it is secure. Or perhaps that could be part of the masquerade - a reminder of the fact that when we are in public, we must be careful what we do, what we say. It would be interesting to say the least, but I'd love to hear more ideas or critiques if you have any."

She takes a final pause, her interpretation of the 'Who' being 'Who is the Monarch?'. You'd say, you could probably have this if you wanted it. You just need to grasp it. But I don't want it. "As for the who, I'll ask: John, do you have the desire to be King? If you do, know that I will support you entirely in any way that I can. I have been a Flowing Page and worked under the tutelage of my previous Freehold's Onyx Thane who is now Winter Queen. Supporting is what I do best. Of course, I have the belief that Winter would choose you regardless. You do best embody our Season and someone has to ask the hard questions."

She knows she is directing this to John and not to Gerrit, but it would be odd for Winter to choose someone of low mantle and someone so fresh. But then, Cassandra herself is also rather low in mantle, John at least in the middle area. Though, that does bear the question, how long has John been out? Cassandra has been out nearly 5 years now in a few short days. Just short of her birthday, which happens to be the Solstice.

8. Likes Shane, Aeolus liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

There was a coaster in front of John but that would necessitate putting his coffee down, which he does not. He gently sips at it as the meeting of the evening begins in earnest. He wondered if it was better to start with business and end with Courtly bonding or do it as they did now. Time will tell he supposed, he just knows time to unwind and decompress after debate reminded people that disagreements didn't make you enemies.

One leg crossing over the other as he sat upright on the couch, coffee cup hovering just in front of his face as he took gentle sips while others spoke. Listening intently but looking like a statue between sips. "Titles is a good suggestion." Offering a smile to Gerrit. Then Cassandra took the lead, another sip of coffee as he waited for her to finish before responding, not wanting to be rude and interrupt.

"I think it's a numbers thing, there's the three of us as the whole of the Winter Court and about a dozen of us otherwise. Sonnie is the Claviger of Spring so there's nothing stopping us from being more formal. So what Titles suit everyone?" Though a frown blossomed on his lips at the news at the loss of not one but possibly two Winter hollows in the aftermath of the Dragon. "That's a shame, that's a lot of ground that will need retreading."

"Masquerade is a good idea but no one will be truly hidden, we're all quite recognizable masks or no. The idea of the masquerade is a good idea, reinforce the principal of keeping us Lost to every Outsider with that in mind testing everyone's ability to keep mum, especially during the solstice, is a tough one. I think it'll bring more work and problems than you think. I think some of our members forget that not every mortal is blind to what we are."

He took a sip of his coffee to break up the speech. "Do you think you can have a hall secure enough for us to speak, relatively openly in? A properly setup and decorated ballroom is a good idea if we can ensure privacy. It'd let us set up music, drinks, food and such. If you need any money to go towards it let me know.

"Remembrance is a good theme, it's one I considered incorporating into my attire actually. Unfortunately it seems there's no records of those we've lost." Then she dropped the big question, his finger gently tapping the rim of his mug before taking a sip. Leaning forward to place the mug back on the coaster, leaning forward to be closer to the center, elbows resting on his knees.

"It's not about Desire. We aren't the Spring Court. We're not going to fight it out like Summer, I want to come to a consensus as a group. The Crown represents a duty and a responsibility. Whoever wears the Crown is responsible for their Court, for their Courts well-being, to uphold the principals of their Court and bear the burden of the others. If any Court member makes a mistake it falls to the Monarch.

"With that said I don't think anyone would WANT the Crown, it's a lot to bear. But someone must, we can't afford to keep the cycles broken and the Wyrd wouldn't let us regardless. I'd gladly follow either of you, and equally take responsibility for the both of you. I don't think anyone in this room would say differently though."

He was blushing by the end of it though, mottled gray spreading through his cheeks as Cassandra complimented him. He didn't shift from his position but he did go for another sip of coffee as he waited to see what they had to say in turn. Does that count as dodging the question? I think so.

10. Likes Aeolus, Shenanigans liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

It was almost creepy how quickly they could go from family dinner to cold business talk. But as with Cassandra's Mantle, there was the kind of warmth only a Winter Courtier would get in it. Gerrit listened to the others, his mind working as they spoke. He remembered Anatole talking about different Lost expressing their Court's emotion differently - would this be something that was to drive them apart or bring them closer together in the end?

He also waited for John to finish - he deemed all of them intelligent enough to remember the answers to some earlier points and the longer they kept this orderly, the higher the chances of this being a constructive exchange of ideas. His left hand absent-mindedly scratched at a piece of scab on his right, before he caught himself and folded them in his lap.

"I think even with small numbers it wouldn't hurt to appear formal and organized to a certain degree. Even if we made something up that fits us - it tells the Freehold that we're a serious Court worthy of respect now. That's why I like the idea of a ballroom, Cassandra." Or maybe it was just the cello-performance induced high spirit speaking. "A formal occasion, masks and nice clothes required." And no, the irony of that statement wasn't lost on him - and he was sure that it wasn't lost on the band t-shirt enthusiast John.

"If the event was to be held at night we'd have less prying eyes and a thematic lighting from the get-go. I could also chip in a bit, if it came to that." He at first assumed that the specifics of the coronation would be discussed near the end, but while they were at it he might as well get out the ideas he thought of. "If we're going with titles I think we should address them in the speech - and I do think there should be a speech - even if it's not the whole truth or an unofficial title." He took a moment to prepare for the point he most worried about. "I think we could establish this Winter Court as a nurturing and protecting season. I think we can do lots of good or at least openly offer the other Lost to ask for help if needed, even if that meant directing them elsewhere." The Ogre's voice was more hesitant now. "I just thought helping others is something we can all agree on being important, Winter or no." Quickly, as if he could dodge any criticism against this he added. "I also think you should play at the Coronation, Cassandra."

Gerrit reached out for his glass, taking a sip of water in order to center himself again and let the others give their opinion on that.

He looked straight at John when it came to the elephant in the room. "I doubt that any of us would reject the responsibilities and duties of the Crown, but there is a lot of grey area between being burdened with it and wanting the Title for the prestige and power. I don't know if letting the Wyrd decide will cut it, really and I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting the Crown to lead the Court. I will stay true and loyal to both of you, whoever becomes Monarch." He looked at Cassandra for a moment, then back at the Darkling. "I don't this is about me, either. You're the most logical choice at the moment, being most attuned to Winter and most established here - will you accept or would you rather see Cassandra there, assuming she agrees?"
    He let that sink in for a beat before concluding. "A consensus would require everyone's vote. I've made my point on that clear, I think."

The topic of the Hollow has moved to the bottom of Gerrit's priority-list - they'd have time for that later.

12. Likes Shane liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"I will need time to look into it, but I do not see why I wouldn't be able to procure a secured venue. I'm also not the only one with influence in this area, I might be able to get advice if there is a space that has been used previously. I'd rather not go into the Hedge for this, like for the Equinox, personally." She pauses and chuckles, "We could always say it is a LARP and no one would bat an eye. But generally, at night, some place like the symphony hall wouldn't be too hard to secure. There are spaces within the building I believe. Again, I'll look better into it and make sure that it would be secure."

As she begins on titles, she crosses her legs, bringing a hand up to her chin as she considers, "Titles would be appropriate. I think the formality would be good for the whole Freehold to be honest. As for myself, I am most familiar with what the Onyx Thane does as I worked under one. I'm interested in the occult and in lore. It would be a good position to really gather up our resources, gather our courts tokens, anything we can find, establish our Hollow and the like." It's a position she'd be interested in, assuming she isn't the monarch.

"And I would love to play at the coronation, by the way" She says with a smile. It did, for a moment, bring some amount of joy into her. The warmth of rays a little stronger. "I have a few things special in mind."

"But yes, help in general where you are able to chip in would be very helpful, but I don't want you to put yourself out entirely. I have disposable income, but I am sadly not a blank check," She hoped her contacts could come through and make it easier and potentially cheaper to get what she wants. And it doesn't have to be overly fancy. She could make many things, perhaps enlist some amount of help in that department.

"Now, desire doesn't just belong to Spring. We all have desires, we all have wrath, we all have fear, and we all have sorrow. While we embody our season, we also carry the others within us as well. So, that is beside the point." She sighs a little, "We need to be seen as a unified front. We can't just let the Season decide for us. I..." she pauses then. I don't want it. I can't. "I will bear the burden of the crown if the obvious choice does not wish to carry it." She doesn't let it show just how little she wants the crown. You would make an excellent Queen. That voice sends a shiver down her spine. "John, you'd make an excellent King, but no one can force it upon you. I'll take up the mantle if you wish." Take it, John. Please. And still, she keeps her face calm. Her hues calm. He shouldn't feel pressured by the bubbling anxiety inside of her.

14. Likes Aeolus, Shane liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

"Hey, hey I own a suit." He laughed giving Gerrit a sideways glance, the subtle nod received. Also he didn't think he'd ever seen Cassandra dress in anyway he'd call down. "Required? How are we going to enforce that requirement? I don't think it'll be an issue but it's only a requirement if we have someway to back it up. We could send out a formal invitation too, who has good hand writing?"

"Lighting isn't a bad idea either, blue lens glass stage lights, a fog machine?" A small smirk playing at his lips, knowing that's not where Gerrit had intended for it to go. "So you'll use your connections to find a place, that's good. Best I could do would be a church basement. Think you just described Spring and Summer though Gerrit, we don't want to tread into their seasons. Silent Guardians. Is there a word for, like, the Spirit of the Hearth or what it invokes?" Folklore was more Yamiyo's thing, he was mostly obscure Trivia. "I agree though, I want people to feel like they can come to us if they have a problem."

Then the talk got heavy again, he listened seeing the flow of conversation. Feeling it in him he couldn't help but shake his head. Slowly tapping his foot, not to the rhythm of the music but a different unheard one. Giving his finger a couple snaps in time with his foot. "Here I didn't think we were going to dance. I know this rhythm, usually there was a waltz involved." His feet sliding along the floor for a second before looking up at them.

"Started it, blame me. Defense mechanism. You asked an honest question and I danced around the point. Gerrit doing much the same and then you come back and parry with underlying desire. I did ask what you wanted as well, I was trying to open the floor to what you saw as the obvious choice.

"I don't really see myself as the obvious choice." A one shoulder shrug. "Cassandra would be better at the politics of it all. I'm just the guy who's been here awhile. If you think it's the obvious choice and it's what you both want I'll accept. I don't think a leader should want it for themselves, they should want it for others. I'll bear that burden, besides if it doesn't work we can try again next year." He gave a chuckle at the self-deprecating joke as he went for his coffee again, the cup returning to his hand now.

16. Likes Shenanigans liked this post
Page 5 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
Closed Thread