Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Criminal Intent: Getting the Painting

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

The glass and steel building looms quietly on the street corner, the dull metal reflecting the street lights as a murky haze. Through the glass doors you can see a lone guard sitting at a circular reception desk. He flips through a sports magazine while sitting behind a sign that says “Private Showing” with an arrow pointing to the right. There is no sign of any art aficionado yet. To gain entrance, you need to go through the front door in sight of the guard. Or one could look around the back to try and gain entrance.
    Sitting on a bench facing the building is a woman with short blond hair. Her rugged pants were tight-fitting, leaving little to the imagination. Yet over this she wears a looser men's shirt and she has a battered leather backpack on the ground at her feet. Dirt Nap recognizes this woman as Melanie. The blonde woman's Beast rolls out, indicating newer blood. She is unfamiliar to your Beast.

Melanie is BP 1, no Mask

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

(Disipline, Blush of Life)Vitae 1 Willpower Spent
    PRE

Edward parked a block away, stepped out and leaned on his cane. It had a good weight; the balance wasn't like the weapons he was used to, but then, Edward wasn't planning on fighting tonight. He approached the address.

The problem with the Beast is that old sniping proverb: if you can see me, I can see you.

The Beast's rage hit, and Edward knew it to be an extraordinary coincidence for the blonde-haired woman to be anyone other than Melanie. He stood, watching to see her reaction, if any, to his presence, allowing the Beast's thrashing to pass.

He had planned to wait, planned to scope the place and make a plan with Mable. But with their target just sitting there, it felt far too dishonourable to slink about. He felt compelled to match her directness.

He approached slowly, like a man gripping the leash of a snarling dog. And, for the first time since his arrival in Sacramento, he invoked his Sire's gift.
    OOC: Automated resistance with composure, let me know how many successes are left.

4 successes

"Good evening, my name is Edward Heinrich; given our environment, you shall have to forgive me for not clarifying my family or loyalty. I presume I have the pleasure of speaking with Ms. Melanie?"

4. Likes Ruach liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

As Mable headed towards the back of the building she saw a woman sitting inside the front entry way who matched Dirt Nap's description. She tries to use her blood to ride the woman's senses.

OOC:Want to use mable's cruac skill Cheval. I had made a roll then realized it was supposed to be an extended roll. What would you like me to use for number of rolls?

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

"Yeah, that's me." She speaks with an East Coast accent. Melanie stands and evaluates Edward, giving his cane an eye.

@Edward You have 3 suxx
    @Pyschangel, 5 rolls, with -3

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"Is there somewhere we may speak in confidence? I feel obliged to mention: two of my associates will, no doubt, join us soon. I am to understand you have already met one, Mr. Clay. He may have introduced himself by the name of Dirt Nap?" This was already going better than Edward expected. Her eyeing the cane was good as well; it meant he could offer to leave it behind as a concession. It would all be better to resolve this peacefully.

"Perhaps inside, before the art show begins. We will have cause to discuss one painting in particular. I am sure you know the one I reference."

9. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

(Protean animal form change)Vitae 1 Spent
    OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap arrived early and swiftly on silent owl wings, changing in private into the form of a rat, the better to conceal himself, searching indoors among rafters for a room where the art to be auctioned is stored.

If he has the opportunity to squeak to Mable in private, he will say to her as rat,
    squeak squeak!

11. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

(Cruac Chival)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

1 success

1 success

1 success

failure

2 successes

13. Likes Ruach liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

Edward

"Dirt Nap? Yeah, he's alright." The accent drawled. "Not that other guy. He pulled a gun on me." There's a touch of outrage in her voice. "Is he coming?"

She keeps herself at conversational distance from Edward - they can speak comfortably, but she seems very aware of their surroundings. Every couple of seconds, her head turns slightly and she looks down the street, or scopes out the door behind her. She appears to be listening, occasionally tilting her head and her eyes not focused on Edward. Those eyes rest on Edward's cane, but glint to his hips and eyes periodically. She seems comfortable with speaking with Edward, yet cautious. Aren't all vampires cautious when meeting new predators?

"Oh, you into that painting?" Her eyes glint suspiciously towards Edward's face.
    "Yeah, we can go inside. Let me see that cane you got there, first. If you bring it. You know he might not like it." A shoulder shrug to the guard. After a minute or two after Mable's arrival, Melanie is glancing around more obviously.

The guard has noticed the two of you and is casually observing, occasionally looking down the street and scanning for other art patrons.

Mable- I have not seen the vitae expenditure for Blush

Mable has a sense that her devotion executes well. Which sense is she riding? As she activates this Cheval, she needs to be in sight of Edward and Melanie. Therefore, Mable is in sight of Edward and Melanie, and their Beasts affect. Mable is near the front of the glass building hosting the art show.
    Cheval details

Dirt Nap
    finds his way in. He also discovers that the glass building has a few floors and a few rafters. There are well appointed rooms for small meetings, waiting rooms on the ground floor. He spots the directions for the art Show with a standing sign that declares 'Private Show' with an arrow. Following it reveals a Black Man sitting on a stool in front of a few paintings. He has a black artists portfolio with him. Dirt Nap cannot get a sense of which painting, if any, is the one that declares a Breach.

Time ticks on. The chances of a mortal seeing the painting grow with each passing minute.

15. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Mable thinks her ritual worked. She had decided to try seeing through Melanie's eyes so maybe she could see where she went and who she spoke to. Being it was her first time trying this she wasn't too sure how it would go. And she would have to wait to explore further until she was in a safe place.

Damn, she wishes she could hear them. She hesitates a moment longer. Dirt Nap said he was going in. Maybe she should help stall Melanie and Edward. With a sigh she walks to the door and enters like she meant to all along.

The beasts roll over her. She has a brief argument in her head with beast who is calling for a blood bath. She reigns in the nasty little fellow and says, "Hi. Looks like I found the right spot."

17. Likes Ruach liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

The guard looks rises as Mabel walks through the front door. He lifts his eyes to the wall clock.
    "You're a bit early, Miss." He says respectfully. "Those interested in the Art Show are not being let in at this time. You can return in about an hour and a half." He gives the door a pointed glance before looking back to her. He is standing in the walkway in front of the area that the signage depicts the art Show is.

With Edward, Melanie watches Mabel's entrance to the glass building and her greeting the guard. Mable can see the back of herself speaking to the guard through Melanie's eyes for a beat.

19. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread