Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Criminal Intent: Getting the Painting

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"Of course, Ms. Melanie."

Edward turns to Mable. "I don't believe the pretense is warranted any longer, Ms. Wood."

Edward glanced from Mable's raised brow to the building, "shall we wait for Mr. Clay before entering? If so, I should let Ms. Melanie know there is no rush." Edward would trust his fellow investigators.

"A splendid idea, Ms. Wood. Your generosity is an example for all to follow." Edward smiled pleasantly, it was all going well, and that put Edward in a good mood.

2. Likes , , Ruach liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable nods in agreement that they should wait. She gives Edward a smile at his complement. And then waited for Melanie to get off the phone.

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Having parked her vehicle a bit away, it was on foot that Twist approached the location that Dirt Nap had texted her. Her outfit was dark and for a moment was in contrast to the deathly pallor of her skin. But as she came into view of the building, the contrast faded, life blooming into her cheeks.

In the glow of the buildings lights she could see three forms take shape and it was the rising snarl of her beast that gave away their nature. Her steps didn't falter or slow, and eventually she recognized two of the three. Edward was expected , but Mable was a surprise. And no Dirt Nap.

Letting her steps land heavier to announce her arrival, she made her way toward the trio.

Equipment: Standard array of hidden knives. MC Armored clothing. Cell phone (on silent).
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

6. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

Dirt Nap continues to work on the lights, unseen. He can periodically see the artist, Small. Small's voice speaks for a bit, and Rat Dirt Nap could try to overhear. He could notice a painting that was beside the artist, set on the ground and faced away from the crowd.

The guard resumes his post behind the door that he had locked behind Mable Wood, determined no one else wander in.

Melanie says some words (do any try to overhear?). She returns to the duo. " So, he will let us in. Seems someone's been asking about me. Definitely made things more difficult for me... Edward, what were you mentioning?"

As she speaks, the guard is spoken to by the Black man inside, carrying a rolled up painting in his left hand. The guard opens the door, and Small made a curt "hurry up' gesture at Melanie, and then stared at Mabel for a beat.

"Who are you? Come on in. You got me in a lot of trouble, Melanie. Simone wants to talk.. whose that? "

He's looking over at Twist during her approach.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap continues resolutely gnawing on the wiring from the lights into the fuse box, determined to plunge the building into darkness with no indication of foul play beyond rodent activity!

He tries to eavesdrop over the sound of his gnawing rat teeth on wiring insulation with limited success.

1 success

10. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward does not try to overhear.
    "The fault may very well be mine, Ms. Melanie. Although I believe Mr. Kowalsic is independently investigating this matter, it is equally likely the fault is his. Due to Mr. Kowalsic's..." Edward gave a pained smile, "reputation, I would enjoy settling the matter before he takes a more personal hand."

Edward was about to go on, but the figure of Twist put a stop to that. He had thought he came to an understanding with Dirt Nap; Edward was wrong.

Small spoke, Edward replied, "an unexpected guest, Mr. Small. The esteemed Ms. Torsione has chosen to grace us with her appearance tonight."

He gave a tiny bow to Twist as she approached. "Good evening, Ms. Torsione. May I introduce you to Mr. Small and Ms. Melanie."

"Ms. Melanie, Mr. Small," he gestured to Twist, "I have the great honour of introducing you to Ms. Torsione. You may know her as the owner of the Ballo Della Notte?" He hoped for Melanie's case that she caught on.

"To what do we owe the pleasure of your presence on this fine night, Ms. Torsione?"

12. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave a slight nod to Twist when she arrived. "Good evening, so glad you could join us." She gave a warm smile. She was truly pleased that Twist was there.

Once the door opened Mable gave a look of excitement, "Ooo, I can't wait to see the exhibits." The man holding the rolled up painting stared at her. Was it because the guard spoke about her walking in earlier? Or did he recognize her from somewhere?

Mable hung back a bit as introductions were made, after all she was of little importance at the moment.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

Within, Dirt Nap clipped through the wire to the lights. That light above the painting exhibit and display was now inoperable. As he moved along to the next, clip clip, another light down.... Was he choosing the lights in any particular order? Dirt Nap does need to work on these for some time, for meetings and conversation outside happens in minues, but Dirt Nap's fastidious work drags on much more slowly...

"...not happy. ... Fault." Could be heard before the conversation was ended.

At the entrance of the building

The gaurd in sight of Twist, Mable and Edward watches, professional and even slightly friendly. Those outside do not have a direct view of the painting displayed, and do not notice the light going down.
    QuoteQuote:
    "Who are you? Come on in"
    The man had spoken to Mable, but she chooses not to respond.

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist returned Edward's bow with a small smile and dip of her head.

"Good evening," she replied cordially to both Edward and Mable before she turned to the newly introduced duo. "A pleasure to meet you both," she intoned formally as she looked them over with easy confidence in her joining the small group.

"I received a text that implied I might have," she paused, "a personal interest here tonight." Her tone was still just as polite as it had been upon greeting the group, not at all showing any emotion at the fact that she was being implicated in a breach.

Seeing the door being held open she looked to Edward, "Shall we?" she asked making a small motion with her hand. It was clear she was set to join them.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

18. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

" If you say so..." Mr. Small seems slightly intimidated, glancing at Twist as she speaks. He holds the door and waits for the ladies and Edward to enter.
    " So my... Ah... Simone gave me the rough side of her tongue.". He gives the guard a glance and discreetly moves towards where the sign announced the art exhibit.
    " We can speak privately back here. I understand that I am to pass this painting on to you. You understand, I didn't realize I had done something wrong. I just captured what I saw."

The Black man nervously moves his hand along the rolled up painting. Small leads the group towards the exhibit and appears confused.
    " Lights went out."

The guard for his part quietly locks up behind him and resumes his position watching the door. He will be out of earshot if they followed Small to the exhibit. If you follow Small towards where he leads you, he is leading towards the art exhibit as indicated by a sign for the art exhibit. The hallway leading to the room and the room itself with his paintings on display are now completely dark. The overhead light is off.
    Small flicks a light switch, but a clicking sound indicates that while the device was toggled, no lights are apparent.

Melanie for her part, had been slowly nodding to indicate that she was listening to Edward's explanation. As Twist approached, she gave a deep nod to the Daeva.
    "I'm Melanie, ma'am.". She introduced herself.
    " His reputation..." She says dryly, her Boston accent noticeable.
    She doesn't look to Mable, but watches Twist closely.

20. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread