Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Her apartment is more of an open floor loft, walls bare red brick and floor a darker wood. It was clearly a loft that was done by hand. The living room area had oversized couches covered by a beige fabric with brightly colored pillows and a coffee table made from a door and other pieces were clearly done by hand. Soft white LED lights were strung around the room in various places. A book shelf was in the process of being refinished, a sheet under it and various cans of stain around it. Boxes upon boxes of books were stacked near it, books spilling out onto the floor. Near the kitchen area was brewing equipment. A traditional carboy, with some beer fermenting in it, as well as a more advanced fermenter.

The Shaman’s fav part of the loft? Her bed. Which was full of fabric, with a rigged canopy system, also full of flowing fabric and soft white lights mixed in with the hanging fabric. Near a window was a ballet bar with colored mats beneath it.

Having finally reached out to Winter about getting together for tea and talking, it was happening. And she was trying to read up online about how to make tea. Brewing beer was easy for her, making tea? Bit of a challenge. But she was trying, and even got this weird ball cage thing that the tea was supposed to go in.

She was casual…ish…in a tank and loose fitting pants.
    Winter

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

Aurora is probably the best next door neigh-boor a middle aged Guardian Obrimos would want.

Life Master - Check
    Quiet - Check
    Careful with her Magic - Check
    Attracts a lot of attention, is a public figure, hence acts as a wonderful decoy - Check
    Pleasing to the eye, that's an understatement - Check

When invited to another mage's sanctum - regardless of gender, affiliation, path, and relationship - one should always keep in mind the basic tenets of hospitality. You're an intruder in somebody else's property, as such you should minimize your own footprint, that's it, drop your spells as a sign of deference... and come bearing gifts. In this case, he's bringing a couple bottles of red Sassicaia, the standard gift you'd bring to somebody who's just renovated her home.
    It's about 7PM when he rings at the door, casually dressed in a V-Neck cardigan and blue jeans.
    The first thing he notices once he's let in, is that her apartment is a lot more comfortable and expensive than his own, it really shows that somebody who wants to live here... well actually lives here.
    Lot of wood and LED lights too.
    And the heating is in much better shape than the one in his own apartment, after all she's dressed for the summer. Maybe it's because she's more persuasive than he is, and the building manager actually bothers to pay heed to her demands, or maybe that's just because she's a life master and a gymnast and her metabolism is much faster than his own.
    Whatever, he shrugs at his own thoughts.
    "Good evening", he says, "and thanks for the invite".

Oh yeah, she can also keep bad spirits at bay. Which is pretty much one of his biggest blindspots.

4. Likes Aeolus, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

After letting him in,

“Thanks for coming over. Can't believe we haven't gotten together sooner, being neighbors and all.” but truth be told, she had turned more introvert. Motioning to the counter, “I remember what you said about tea over coffee, so I got some. Though I have to confess, brewing beer is a lot easier.” A light laugh.

“But seems you’ve brought something. Is it good?” she asks, taking a tea kettle off the stove. “How’ve you been?”

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"I'm not the most sociable guy in the city", he says, sliding on one of the wooden stools, "I have to say your apartment is pretty nice", he says, while looking around, "Guess, you were real when you spoke about your carpentry business. That and beer-crafting and gymnastic that's it. Quite the diverse hobbies you got. Next thing you'll tell me you go around fishing every weekend"
    "The wine is good, I guess we'll have to see whether the wine, the beer or the tea will win the contest. I'm fine though, in a better spot than I was just a few months ago at least. What about you?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A small smirk and arch of an eyebrow, “Is that by choice or is there just not anyone interesting enough around?” though he never gave off an approachable vibe, so maybe others just avoided him. “Oh, thank you! I did most of the floors and walls myself. Sort of a way to help pay rent and get the place looking decent.” But that years upon years ago. “It was actually how I found out I enjoyed refurbing things.” A snort and shrug, “Being diverse keeps things interesting and never dull. Plus, pretty easy to find something to talk about if needed. Well, not every weekend, though I do know how to fish.” As a kid you find ways to keep busy.

“So you know what I do in my spare time, what about you? Any hobbies you enjoy?”
    he was still, after all this time, a mystery.

“The beer is always here, and with you mentioning your enjoyment of tea, I wanted to make sure I had some on hand. I don’t know much about wine, though I have been trying to learn more about it.” It was a challenge for someone who preferred beer and Absinthe.

Reaching into a cabinet, she pulls out wine glasses and teacups. Or what could pass as teacups.

“I’m glad to hear you’re in a better spot. That must have been a difficult experience.” She wasn’t sure how well she would do in such a circumstance. Left alone to her own mind? Scary. Another shrug, leaning against the counter, “I’ve been surviving. Took up meditation, thanks to Phoenyx, and that’s been an experience and a half. But that’s about it, nothing too exciting. Unless you consider studying philosophy exciting.”

8. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

He shrugs, "I just like being left alone. Not to say I dislike people, but I don't think solitude is as bad as it may seem".
    It was not what she said that was important, but what was left unsaid. That she worked for her money - unlike others who would have abused their position - was in itself telling. He nods. "Wouldn't have said you were the fishing type. As for me, I read, I chat up with my daughters, I play basket, I go around hunting for dangerous items that could fall into the wrong hands. You know, the usual"
    He thanks her for the cup with a nod, before the first sip, however, he pauses. "That's very thoughtful of you. And yes, it gave me a lot of time to confront myself. Can't say I'd repeat the experience, but neither I can tell it's been a total waste", he savors the tea, sniffing the fumes from the mug.
    "Philosophy and Meditation, I'd say that self improvement is always the right path. Not the most exciting perhaps, but that too, depends"

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“I think as I’ve grown older, and time has gone by, I find myself enjoying solitude more.” Where there was once a party girl, there now wasn’t. Funny how time and events can change a person.

She vaguely remembers him mentioning he had kids before. But that was a couple years ago. “I hope they’re doing well.” What must it be like to have kids and be Awakened? To distance yourself from them for their own safety. It seemed painful to her. “Any particular topics catch your eye? Basket? Like basketball? Really? I never would have guessed that. You any good?” that was one she didn’t have a guess on. Winter was an enigma. Never letting others know too much about it. “Ah yes. Very important work right there with dangerous items. I still don’t know what came of that piece we brought back from the Seer’s Sanctum. I just know it wasn’t a pleasant thing to hold.” Those burns had lasted for some time.

“I care about the well-being of those around me. Well, those I enjoy being around anyways.”
    There was some of their community she didn’t care for. “But it sounds like it gave you the opportunity for self-reflection, something not many get to do, though something everyone should do at some point.” She was in process of it herself. Chuckling, “Certainly not exciting. But both have allowed me to do some of my own self-reflection and a chance to confront and overcome some of my shortfalls.” There were many of those.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"We all grow older. As for wiser, well, I suppose it depends by the person. Though, you probably experience the passing of time a lot differently than I do. For starters, I doubt you'll ever have backpains", funny how an objective statement can be folded inside a joke.
    "Well, not bad for an amateur, but I'm far from a professional. I did play against Shodan a couple of times. What about you, other than gymnastics, do you practice any teamsport?"
    The discussion shifts to something much more serious and sinister when she mentions the servants of the Lie, his jaw clenches, "I just know what you've told me. Was it linked to some sort of Gate?"

"hmm",
    he muses reflecting on his drink, "We all have shortcomings, though, it's probably how you deal with them that matters. In my case, I was blinded by my ego, and I thought I was doing good, while I was just doing what I wanted. Cheers!", he says, rising the cup to his lips.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A chuckle, “It certainly depends on the person. I’ve met some that I’m surprised have made it this far, alive, in life.” At the mention of experiencing time differently there was a small shrug, “Not like I used to, but to some extent, yes.” A smirk then, “You’d be surprised at that one. I have plenty of pains, I simply don’t choose to use my abilities to fix it.” It seemed like cheating to her. A kink in her back was minor and would be worked out.

“I’ll have to try to join you sometime. Seems like it’s a relaxing way to spend some time. Teamsport?” a shake of her head, “No. Growing up we were always on the road and I never had the chance to partake in any. But they look like fun, and different, different is always good.” Keeps things interesting.

Her eyes seem to focus on something, a memory perhaps, before looking down, a deep breath, “I’m honestly not sure. I remember it set off an alarm when I picked it up, and burned.” Oh had it burned. “But Alastar did say something I remember, he said he saw something similar under the Circle.” Her knuckles had turned white as she remembered that day.

A small shake of her head, trying to push aside the memories, “That could be the right, though not everyone deals with them, and if they do, it’s not in a healthy way. Perhaps it just takes some growing and experiencing life to know how.” Yeah, experiencing life. Or loss. Or something. “It’s interesting that you say that, I get the vibe that Campanella feels the same. About what happened with him and being Hierach. Do you think that comes with time and Mastery, being blinded by one’s ego?” would she fall into that trap? Had she already? Raising her cup as well, “Cheers.”

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"Strange uh. I guess you did really change your view of things", he chuckles, "so you're not even thirty and have back-pains already? Sounds like somebody should really train more, then", he smirks.
    "Team games are an useful exercise. You learn to work with others, besides you also have to re-evaluate your relative strengths"
    At the mention of the Circle he tenses slightly, yes there was a lot going on, plenty of unexplored space that probably required more firepower than they possessed.
    "I've never seen the item you speak of. I've been underneath the Circle, heard the reports. There's an extensive network of caves. Whether they're connected with the Seers and the clock, I don't know. I suppose we decided to let the sleeping lion, well... sleep for the time being. Do not poke the hornets' nest and all. Nowadays I shifted my attention elsewhere", he pauses for a second, nodding slightly.
    "No, I think you're right. I also think he bit more than he could chew and got swallowed by the role. We all did, to a certain extent. Losing the duel was probably the best thing that could happen to him".

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread