Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny takes the chocolate and eats it in two bites. Sure it restricted his transformation, but First Speech lacked the elegance of English. And if Galina really wanted to bring trouble on them, some chocolate would be the least of his concerns.
    "good points." He points to Galina, "Age is a substitute for experience. The old have lived longer, so they have seen more. It is good you recognize that experience comes in many forms beyond age, but do not discount the experience of age itself. The old have seen things, yes, but they have also seen time slip away." He points to Bleeds Well, "A strong hierarchy is invicble. A strong alpha leads, and strong packmates follow. But its strength can lead to brittleness. If the alpha is shown to be weak, if the pack is humiliated, that strength can destroy itself as the pack seeks to recapture its image of strength. The Hierarchy that you cleave so strongly to, it allows for a back and forth between the pack and its members. But the oath is far bigger than that."
    He sips more of his drink.
    "You've both come to the same solution, to define what high and low were, and then explain how to follow in those examples, with the addition of a purpose. That it is a practical matter, that we do this because it makes us stronger and better wolves. But you have skirted my question. You have explained what the oath means, but I want to know more. So for a moment, I'd like you to step back and not try to define what is high or low, but just use them as they are given, whole concepts. The high are honored, the low are respected. Was the high honored and the low respected in Galina's ritual today? Was the high honored and the low respected in her admission into the pack?
    And most importantly, what more could have been done to more fully embrace the oath?"
    Tiny turns to his alpha,
    "And for you boss, a different question. As I insinuated, this oath goes larger than just the pack. How does one adhere to this oath outside of the pack?"
    Elodoth | Storm Lord | Primal Urge 1
    Grapes [/] [] [] [] [] [] [] WP (6/6)

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Innocent cuteness)
    Presence
    (Enticing)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Galina
    Appearance

5'5-165cm tall, with a slim light body.
    Equipment

Purse
    Proteinbars
    Mirror
    Smartphone
    License
    Gloves

+1
    SL
    PRE

Rolling her eyes a bit towards Bleeds response, to serious and to forgetful that they had a human aspect to them as well.

Smiling behind her mask as Tiny ate the bar this time, perhaps she should look into various ones favorites for the future they were always good to have with you to still the massive hunger that came with being one of them.

Shaking her head.
    "I disagree, a strong alpha may be a boon but a wise alpha is grander than a strong one. Wisdom let's you utilize your resources and strength better than just throwing force into it, we talons aim for the strength of fighting and the wise amongst us knows to place those skills into the hands of a alpha that can utilize it." Damn old habits die hard, learn to keep your mouth shut girl. "Strength is to often viewed in physical capacity but there is much more to it."

"Da, Hector-dono respected a ritual with importance to me even though he himself had probably never even heard of it nor understand why it means a lot to me."

Lowering her mask to finish the mug of wine before pulling her mask back up again. Not wanting to delve into the question proposed until she had heard what the Oyabun here would say first.
    Rahu Blood Talons Health:
    Her English have a very clear Russian accent.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

"Well said, Bleeds."

Hector roused himself from his cup and stared across the Pack.

"Galina's right as well. Strength is more than muscle. Its knowledge; cunning; Renown; resources at your disposal; friends you have. And so on. That means part of the trick with this part of the Oath is knowing how to recognise who is high and who is low. And when. One thing Red Wolf taught me - something I already knew but didn't - is that everything is in flux. Hierarchies are not static. And there isn't just one."

He paused to drink.

"This part of the Oath reminds us of that. Reminds us to be aware that the ties that bind are like water. Hmm. Yeah. I like that. So its about knowing where you are in the landscape at all times."

He used the word 'landscape'. Wolves knew their territory. The social landscape was a world of its own.

He gestured with his cup back at Tiny.

"Maybe that answer's your question, Tiny. There are many landscapes outside the Pack. The spirits don't like us because we upset their hierarchies: we trample through their domains; claim protectorates where we can; and police them when they cannot or will not. They can ignore us until we brandish our claws - its why we have to show our teeth! - or until our Brand's show our worth and they have to listen."

"And then there is our Totem. We get one through its consent and we have to follow its ban's in order to maintain that bond. Its a whole lot easier if you actually show your Totem respect. Demonstrate your Oath in your actions. I dunno. Become your Oath."

He paused again.

"Would I be veering off-subject if I started to prattle on about taking the Oath to heart and living it? That means, being aware of who is high in whatever situation you find yourself in, and acting in the right manner. And no, that doesn't mean I'm taking about bowing and scraping. But we can show respect. When we have to."
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

Bleeds Well doesn't acknowledge Tiny's admonishment or Hectors praise, as he stands stoically, gazing into the darkness. When Alpha discusses veering off subject he turns.

"Perhaps also, it is a reminder to warrior. Father kept the spirits in line, but he did not lord himself over them. They resent us for his fangs and claws, but they still exist to offer that resentment. Perhaps there is something more to what you say. Honor those who came before, or have existed long enough to survive and gain wisdom from it," he offers a shrug. "Maybe it applies to our enemies too. Have some honor and respect for those who work against us. Less likely to be surprised by them."

PU: 4

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

"A wolf who only beleives in physical strength is a pup, and an alpha who behaves that way will not hold territory or a pack for long." Tiny says dismissively. To overwhelm a foe with physical force was one thing, but to ignore the patient, or the cunning, or the spiritual, or the power of popular opinion was idiocy.
    "So you felt respected. And did you show honor to him? And if so, did you show enough? Could you have honored more, been shown more respect?"

Tiny nods and listens as Hector speaks on the nature of hierarchy and change. The storm varies, changes, ebbs and flows. But there is always the storm. An interesting thought to ponder later. If change always exists, then is it itself unchanging? An un-tautology? Something to drop on Hector or Emily when they seem confident.

Tiny's eyes light up as Hector finally stears the topic to the point Tiny has been trying to guide them to. an audible "yes." escapes him as Hector discusses taking the oath to heart and living it.

Bleeds seems to follow the sentiment. His focus on fights and enemies is to be expected from a talon.

"Yes. I am grateful Hector, that you spoke of this. For many of the oaths are negative commandments, do not let the herd know, do not lay with the People, do not murder People, and so on. This is one of the few postive ones, and thus it is worthy of special focus. While it may be enoug to please Luna that we have accepted Galina, respecting her low position as a seeker in need of a pack, I put forward my own opinion. That we need to find ways to not just fulfill this oath, but be exmplars of it. I'm sure the Ralunim can speak more deeply of course, but this is a good oath to find Purity in. To adhere to this oath, to honor the high in all aspects of your life, and to respect the low in all things, that is where success lies.
    I would extend it beyond just our allies and enemies, packmates and rivals. I would add that the respect of the low and the honoring of the high leads to the herd as well. In my profession, we pay honor to the judge, no matter their experience or disposition, because they have earned that title. Likewise i respect my client, even though they don't know the law. "

8. Likes Mark, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Innocent cuteness)
    Presence
    (Enticing)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Galina
    Appearance

Equipment

Purse
    Proteinbars
    Mirror
    Smartphone
    License
    Gloves

+1
    SL
    PRE

Listening as the alpha speaks, taking in the words some of them interesting other ones just filling her with reminiscing feelings this would be interesting to see still one thing stuck to her mind.
    "Not to interrupt but you mentioned "our Totem" and it's bans, may I inquire as to what they are then? If there is one such here so would that information be of necessary use for me to posses" Hard to know what rules to follow if you didn't know about them beforehand.

Smiling behind her mask towards Tiny, it was good they seemed to share that aspect even if there were a clear differential in their views so did it at least seem close enough for them to work.
    "Yes I felt respect in taking in my customs and the value for me, the honor I showed were perhaps hard to tell though if you do not understand the meaning. I showed grand honor but in my own way, in traditions that I were taught and whom I value. The issue lies in that it may have been hard to understand without the same knowledge base." Shaking her head a little. "In my exchange with Hector-dono so no, I were shown complete respect in the honoring yes I could have explained the meaning to make him fully see the meaning of what just happened." Still that would have taken quite a bit of time and were not suited for right now, if he asked later so would she gladly share it though.

Softly nodding to the rest of the old ones words, each person you met were your superior in some way and they all deserved respect in one way or another still she did not see the need to speak on the matter having already spoken more than enough. Instead filling two sake cups and handing one towards Tiny.
    "You asked about my ritual with Hector-dono earlier and got my reply, however each moment that passes when this still waits means that for me it's incomplete and we are not truly family." A bit pushy true but the night were growing late and better to get this done before they would each need to go their separate ways for sleep. Not wanting to say it could be viewed as him not accepting her as family, he did not share the culture and would most likely not understand how deep the significance were.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector was nodding along with Bleeds Well , though perhaps for different reasons. The Rahu spoke of respecting one's enemies for their capabilities - but Hector could only see it as a tool to stifle complacency.

He chuckled to himself and quirked a grin when Tiny spoke.

"I live on the street. There are hierarchies all over the place and they shift all the time. Mostly, the herd leaves me alone now. Mostly. But I can't be complacent. And then I have to be mindful... I can't let them know what I can really do. Sometimes the madman has to take his lumps. Or run away from herd who are no more than cheap thugs..."

He shrugged.

"But I guess I was squatting on 'their' turf at the time. So. Respect that."

His eyes swivelled to Galina . His face hardened.

"Necessary Guile is our Totem. We are lucky in that his Ban's are... as flexible as he is. He is a cat spirit of urban survival. So we use all the tools at our disposal - but only when we really have to. We thrive by trickery and deception - hence why I make a policy of accepting all the People who pass through... No one ever knows how many of us there are. Or where we are. His preference is for us to take the most quiet and sneaky option - but he doesn't mind when we won't. Or can't."
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

Bleeds Well's mouth corner gives a twitch, like he was about to smile and almost failed to stop it, when Tiny speaks of the Ralunim. "Purity ensures we remain respected. And can can do our duty to Father and Mother. The herd though..." He grunts, unsure how to proceed, or accept Tiny's assessment.

The Tea-Pusher continued to thrust her foreign ceremony upon the pack, and BW cut Hector a glance.

"Who was it, and where?" Herd thugs... they could present a nice opportunity to pay homage to Necessary Guile in his own way.

A pointed glare follows Alpha's speech. Knuckles cracked.

failure

But what reputation Bleeds Well carried was unknown to the Tea-Pusher.

This looks like a good place to close. thoughts

PU: 4

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny turns to Galina, and sees her offered cup, before holding his hand in palm up in acceptance, yet also not taking the cup.
    "I would like to, but as we discussed, I want to respect you and your traditions. I could follow the motions today, and it would be sufficient, but I ask for your time. Could you explain the tradition to me, in detail? That way, when we do the tradition, I will be more than just a willing if confused partner, but someone who understands the purpose and meaning behind each step of the ritual. To refuse would be an insult I'm sure, but surely there are excuses and acceptable reasons for delay? And to more truly take part of the ritual would be more befitting of family. I concede that this cannot happen tonight, but I would invite you to explain to to me in detail at your leisure "

Tiny nods as Hector speaks. "Respect them? If you say so boss." He says dubiously. Criminal defense relied on the presumption of innocence and finding peace. But allowing criminal acts against the pack felt...unsatisfying.

"Purity is a way of maintaining respect yes, but not the only way." Though for someone like Bleeds Well, perhaps it was the only way.

I'm fine closing up.

Striking looks
    (Innocent cuteness)
    Presence
    (Enticing)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Galina
    Appearance

Equipment

Purse
    Proteinbars
    Mirror
    Smartphone
    License
    Gloves

+1
    SL
    PRE

Listening a bit and softly nodding as the totem were described, didn't sound like that hard a rule to uphold. His words of the street taken in but nothing to react to, she had seen how the streets could be in her own sense already.

Eyes shifting to Tiny.
    "In grand tradition so is a delay not good but I agree with what you are saying. You know how to contact me, when you are free let me know and we can discuss it over. I will leave the venue up to you, public or private both are acceptable. Nor would I mind you coming over to my home either." It would reveal the thing she liked the least about herself but that didn't really matter much. "If you do not mind though so will I keep the bottle."

Watching her tribe brother for a second, perhaps a future sparring session or two would make things easier there.

Good to close as well.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last