Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Fresh Air

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Oct 30, 2020 : Halloween 2020!
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

James had slipped outside, away from the press of people and the crowd and the door. He stood against the building making sure they were away from most people but still in line of sight of the door as he pushed his back up against the wall and closed his eyes taking in one deep breath and then another. Fingers fumbling in his pockets as he fished out his cigarettes and began the all-to-familiar ritual involved with lighting it up.

He took in a deep inhale before offering the pack to Gerrit, savoring the feeling for a second before his posture melted back face turning back into that pale mask he wore even when it wasn't hardened. Tone gone cold once more now that he wasn't lying. "Something up?"

Continued from Halloween 2020!...

Goes by the name: John

2. Likes Aeolus, Shenanigans liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit followed John outside, the concern never leaving his face. He looked behind him a few times if Cassandra was following them - he could probably use her presence if John was truly upset but on the other hand he didn't want to spoil her fun too.

He positioned himself in front of the Darkling, blocking some of the possible curious looks of the monsters, ghosts, and slutty variation of about anything you could think of around the Reverence.
    When offered, the Ogre fished one cigarette out of the box, but declined the light for now. He wasn't really sure why he even took one, but he hoped that sharing this ritual couldn't hurt.

"Well, I don't know - you tell me." He fumbled with the cigarette in his hands, while he tried to study the non-expression of John's face. He sounds so different here. Is he pissed at me? Putting the cigarette in his mouth, he gestured for a light, lit up and took a hesitant drag. The smoke never really reached his lungs and he fought the urge to spit out. "Remember when we were at your house and we talked about an emergency code, a safe word? When you called me man I just.. I thought you wanted to get out. It's just that I haven't seen you this chipper before, and maybe I wildly misinterpreted you in there but I thought you once told me you never use fillers like 'dude' and then I didn't know if 'man' was filler enough." The longer he explained, the more convinced he became that this was all a big bogus operation. He took another half-hearted drag and waited.

4. Likes Shane, Shenanigans liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra walks over slowly, peering around the corner. She felt that feeling of color draining her face, even if it wasn't evident on her mien all that much. Oh no. What if I pissed him off? What if I scared him? Crap. She took a moment to consider, Why was I even flirting that hard in the first place. You're an idiot. She shakes her head a little, sighing.

She listens to what Gerrit had said to John first ...How did I not notice that one? I forgot. You don't just forget things like that. Slowly she walks around the corner, "Hey, is everything okay?" She asks in a rather quiet voice. She looked to John and back over to Gerrit. She felt embarrassed to a small degree, but she doesn't let it show. She moves a lock of her hair behind her ear, holding one of her wrists in front of her in a timid fashion as she walks over to stand with them. Stop it. This isn't about you.

6. Likes Shane, Aeolus liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

John’s face was blank and expressionless as a default but his brow furrowed in confusion when he was asked what was wrong. A soft puff of smoke leaving his lips before he took another drag, Cassandra walking around the corner asking him the same thing causing more confusion to rise inside of him. He shook his head, looking between the two as Gerrit filled in the gaps, his free hand slapping his forehead. “Shit, sorry. I didn’t think about that. I was, uh, just trying to fit in. Act like ‘normal.’” His fingers even coming up to make the air quotes.

He took another drag and sighed, his nerves finally calming down with the nicotine in his bloodstream and space from the crowd. “I thought for a second there I was overselling it a bit, must have been.” A small laugh escaping from him as he shook his head. “Shit. Sorry. Didn’t mean to concern you at all. Leave it to the two of you to pick up on the difference though.”

8. Likes Aeolus, Shenanigans liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

The Ogre gave Cassandra a thankful look when she joined them. Between the two she could probably read John better. Or rather: guess, because you couldn't really read the Darkling.

Now it was Gerrit's turn to be still. He didn't know how to feel - it was a relief that John was not in distress, but that just meant he had broken up a perfectly fine group gathering because of his paranoia. He took a final drag of the cigarette - barely halfway through - and threw it away. Does friendship mean you'll poison yourself for others? Relief won over and Gerrit smiled at Cassandra, then at John. I guess it does.
    "Hey, as long as you're okay you can oversell the shit out of whatever you want." Hearing the Stonebones curse was a true rarity, the enthusiasm sounding stilted and posed because of it.

But that's Halloween for you.

The big and scary vampire stood with his Court, the adrenaline making way for content. "So, want to take another minute?"

10. Likes Shenanigans, Shane liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra watches John, she considers trying to read him, but she knows she is often completely unable to. Then she remembers the blunt way they had been with each other before. Sometimes blunt was a better way to handle things; blunt could be delicate when needed. "We just care about you, John. Don't want you to feel like you're stuck. It does bring up a point that we should have an actual codeword."

The Polychromatic nods a little and lets out a sigh, "You know, it is kind of nice to take a step out of there. All the people were beginning to make me feel claustrophobic." She starts. She wonders if talking about her own social anxiety might get her something out of him, "So many new people makes my heart feel like it's going to pound out of my chest."

She remembers the way he explained smoking as a coping mechanism for him - though also an addiction. So, is it a fix right now or a coping mechanism? "Another minute would be nice."

12. Likes Shane liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

"Thank you both for your concern, it means a lot. It means a lot that you noticed I was acting differently and decided to ask. A safe word or phrase would help. Sorry I, uh, jumped when you touched me. It's just not something I usually expect." He laughed again, smiling as Gerrit eased up. Taking another drag off his cigarette and when they asked if he wanted to take a minute he just help up the cigarette.

"A minute would be good, was time for a smoke break anyway." The irony of getting "fresh air" not lost on him. Though he quirked a brow at Cassandra, the symphony performer getting antsy in a room full of strangers. She could have been claustrophobic, it is rather cramped in there. "Yea, not really comfortable around that many strangers. I'm anxious to begin with but I'm glad I have the two of you there. Having friends there I can lean on helps keep the flight response at bay. "

He reached into his pocket to offer a cigarette to Cassandra as well, it was only hospitable, before taking a long drag off his own. In no hurry to finish his smoke.

14. Likes Shenanigans liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

"Don't worry." Gerrit would take a startled reaction any day if it meant getting someone he cared about out of trouble - even if that 'trouble' was just an uncomfortable minute at a party. Cassandra was right - they cared about each other. Whether that caring was true or a desperate attempt to convince themselves that they still were able to care, or just a coping mechanism in a decidedly hostile world was beside the point.

Honestly, the Ogre hadn't felt half bad in there. Apart from the creepy ladies he actually enjoyed himself, could let loose for a few moments - something he missed out on the last few months. He looked at his Courtmates, each of them carrying their own baggage and eager to take the other Courtiers' too. I wonder if this will end in a spectacular crash, the three of us buried beneath problems unresolved. Weirdly, that thought made him smile. Considering all the other things that could happen to them being buried with each other was far from the worst. He didn't have a lot to contribute when it came to social anxiety, so he let Cassandra and John take the lead there. To break the tension though he just threw something out that came to his mind just then:

"So," he said with a sly look "we're going to do a throuple costume next year?"

16. Likes Shenanigans liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

The Polychromatic smiles a bit, an oddly warm feeling that she has actually managed to make other people feel safer or more grounded around her. Weird, but also really nice. Though, truthfully, Gerrit noticed more than she had. The feeling subsides then. I'm not that good of a friend.

Cassandra ponders over safewords for a bit and then an idea comes to her, "Cassie," She says softly, "I don't generally like when people call me that. It would be a good signal way to tell me that we need to talk - just calling me Cassie. Maybe you two have nicknames you don't utilize?" She asks, hoping that this was perhaps something they could use and work with.

She sees the way John looks at her, "Sometimes I feel like the only time I'm not anxious is up on stage. Though, my anxieties are more situations than people. People I can deal with, mostly, but I am far more anxious about situations."

Cassandra chuckles a bit at Gerrit's question, "Oo, a good ol' Courtmates costume theme? That could be fun. I mean, if we did do Repo costumes, you'd have to be Nathan. ...and if you don't know that movie, we are going to have to make you watch it. It's so classic." She reaches over, taking the cigarette from John, waiting for it to be lit. She didn't often smoke, at least, not regular cigarettes. Then again, she hadn't smoked much of the other kind in a long time either way.

18. Likes Aeolus liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

He just smiled over at Gerrit from his place on the wall. Right now, in this moment, he actually felt safe for a change. The usual instinct to run and hide was gone, life was still for a change as he sat there enjoying his cigarette. Leaning forward once Cassandra took the cigarette as he pulled out his zippo to light it before sliding it back into his pocket, lighting a second one for himself not caring if he had to stop it short to go back inside.

"Any really unless it's from our mutual friends, they can't seem to help themselves." A small shrug, it was an endearment from them. It was meant to make him feel like a friend, feel welcomed so he understood it really. "If you call me home slice or home skillet I think that'll be a dead giveaway." He couldn't help but laugh at that, shaking his head imagining someone even saying that.

"Anxious is my state of being." Though when she dropped the word Courtmates he went still, his gaze narrowing and growing ice cold as he starred daggers straight into her. Glancing to the left and right, ever the paranoid vigilant one. He took a deep breath, making sure there was no one around.

That was it, the moment had passed and anxiety returned. It had been a nice minute. Taking a deep drag on that cigarette to compensate and level himself before answering. "Could be Rotti Largo too but I don't know if any of the associates will get it." He added the bit at the end in case he needed to sell a lie.

20. Likes Shenanigans liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread