Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Well Ma'am, Seneschal Hart." Dirt Nap says earnestly. "I have to confess...I think I have been selfish about taking care of my own business, and not looking after the Domain."

He pauses and then adds, "Of course, it's not my place to look after things, not like I am in charge of anything, 'cept maybe the Dragons, such as they are, for a little while at least. Still. I've come when called and done when asked, but...I wonder if you had any advice about what would be a help and not just horning in where I'm not needed, if I was of a mind to take more responsibility than I have up to now?"

"It's always seemed there was plenty of people who wanted to pitch in for the power and show of it, so I didn't bother. Now I'm of a mind that I was shirking my part."

Yay! Gladly! Thank you!

2. Likes , liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice leans back, considering the Gangrel.

"Did you know that we have no one acting as Reeve - Sherriff?" some might point to Twist as Archon to take upon herself the duties of the Domain's Reeve, but everyone would be mistaken. The Hound would act on the Prince's word and no one else's, hunting the Prince's prey, not investigating and keeping the peace. "With the summer months passed, and suspiciously quiet...some might call it paranoia but it is what will keep us waking every night.

"Now, I am not asking you to assume the role as Reeve. At at least not just yet, but I am asking if such a thing would interest you? Or if I should put your name forward as a potential Deputy if and when we open up the position of Reeve now that the nights are growing longer."
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

4. Likes Ruach, liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Well." Dirt Nap ponders. "A deputy for sure. I have done that before, and didn't make too big a mess of it." He says slowly

"It seems to me, the office itself has most to do with being worthy of the trust of the Prince, and capable of knowing who to trust to find things out and to make deputies of when it comes time to act on something. The person themself doesn't have to be the most fearsome thing around so much as to seem to have decent judgement on things, what to handle and what to elevate to a higher payscale. Does that sound about right, Ma'am Seneschal Hart?" Dirt Nap asks softly.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt any if'n a sheriff were inclined to wear a western hat from time to time neither."

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

She nods, another slowly jerking thing, a sharp, plastic smirk flashing into existence, as it become obvious that the Gangrel hadn't expected this conversational turn "From what I've seen, you don't normally make a mess of things. From what I've seen you do have a good head on your shoulders, and with how many nights you can claim, good sense is hard to find." It's instances like this that she wish she still had eyes, if only to watch as Dirt Nap took in her words, and now with Lyssa at the Savage's back, she couldn't ask her Ghoul.

"That does sound right Dirt Nap," she tries to aim her smile to warmth but she knows she fails, "A good head, and sense. Hm?"

"No, it wouldn't. Some might say it's expected." Oh and does she want to laugh. She doesn't. She doesn't want to give the Gangrel the equivalency of a heart attack.

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply!!

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap is still, listening intently, staring at the Seneschal as she speaks, taking it all in, her words, tone, and expressions.

He is silent a long moment after she finishes speaking. Then he nods abruptly and says, "Well I am interested, Ma'am, Seneschal Hart. I thank you kindly for thinking of me, and for telling me so. I understand your interests are in what's best for the Domain, so I appreciate it even more. If it's not too much to ask, I'd like to get your advice on what I could improve or do more of to be the best prepared for being sheriff if I got the job?" He asks in a slow, soft cadence. "I understand about not letting personal ambition get in the way, I believe I saw that the last time the head Dragon was sheriff."

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"There is a dance, yes." Wasn't all of their unlives like so? "Within the capacity of Reeve, you will serve the Domain, first. Everything else would come second and third. If you would not be interested with forgoing your own ambitions, for the sake of Domain security please tell me now. To not do so would be an...unfortunate misstep."

Alice didn't know exactly what happened while she slept, but she knew it wasn't good, and it stained the perception of the Ordo Dacul within Ale's eyes.

"As for tips, hm. Initiative, you would be our protector, if you cannot act on your own judgement, then that would be an issue. Though of course we have experience that you do not, and may have advice if you take to asking, but of course myself and Her Majesty cannot hold your hand. If it become like so, then you will be demoted or removed from office. And, do not assume that should you acquire Deputies, that you my rest upon your laurels and reap the rewards of their efforts." she says, wondering after other things she might offer as tips, "Is there anything specific that you wish to know before going forward?"

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens. He does not move or show any overt signs of strong emotion. He observes, almost like a prey animal watching prey from cover before launching itself into a leap.

Then he speaks, "I believe I understand, Ma'am, Seneschal Hart. The job would mean being a bit more...proactive than I have shown myself being up to now. I think it's time for something like that. I understand, too, about putting other things second or further behind, putting the job of sheriff, that is the good of the Domain ahead of everything else." Dirt Nap confirms.

"I guess on a practical level, I am looking to study in a couple different directions; in my Clan, I am about ready to take on the hardest part of the Clan Discipline. I am also within spitting distance of taking the Animalism up a notch, to see through animals eyes and hear through their ears in daylight. And I was looking to learn myself up on Geomancy, for some Covenant business. I was always thinking myself ready to take the little bit of Obfuscate I learned up to the level of being able to move about without anyone noticing. And when I was thinking about taking a more active hand at working for the Domain, I was wondering if might put my top priority on a rock solid identity a name that would hold up if the authorities decided to turn over a few rocks and look under them."

Dirt Nap shrugs. "I am ready to make a commitment." He says. "I understand, it's on me to figure what works best for me, what the style of investigating and keeping track of goings on. I just wondered if you had any suggestions for what would best prepare me to do more for the Domain as the sheriff, based on your experience, Ma'am, Seneschal Hart?"

14. Likes , pisces liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice is quiet for a long moment, mind assimilating what studies the Gangrel wanted to continue on with. "You need not cease your studies, in fact such things might be useful to know down the line. However, depending on how...exciting the nights will grow it will take a certain hand with scheduling to dedicate time to such an...impressive list." Though to see if Dirt Nap could balance such a thing remains to be seen. "It will take time to set a routine, yes, and you will stumble. I will not send you to your Final Death for something so slight." unspoken is what would happen with continued 'stumbles'

"AS I have never held the Reeveship myself, I do not have proper experience, I only have what I've heard, and learned as an outside observer. So, I am going to give you a piece of frightening advice. Schedule an appointment with Her Majesty, and ask her. She was Reeve during the great majority of my tenue, before she ascended to Prince." That was a small white lie of course. There was the frightening and frankly insane Josephine Sterling, her flight during the Haunt Court oh so many years ago now, and finding her a Draugr, chained as a thing of forced worship of the Brood. And the indominable Lady Victoria Stamford who chose her, the newly blind and still stumbling Alice Hart to replace her as Senechal so she was free to return to the Reevedom. Not counting Robert, and his securing the Deep Kingdom. She wants to keen, the pain still harsh and deep. Reverberating throughout her entire being.

16. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens in silence and stillness.

When the Seneschal finishes speaking, he pauses and then says, "Thank you kindly Ma'am, Seneschal Hart for your advice."

He rises up from his seat as to immediately act on the advice and then nods deeply as if in a bow. "Excuse me, Ma'am, Seneschal Hart. I don't mean to leave before you say so. Is it your meaning I should go and do that now, or did you have anything else you'd like to say or hear about from me before I head out?"

Thank you! Fascinating scene! I'm good to close if you are, since the days remaining hit zero. I look forward very much to more in the future!

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

She nods, strings pulled and jerking. "It's always a pleasure speaking with you."

She laughs, it's empty and fake. "No, go on ahead, I've taken up much of your night." besides if he did become Reeve, he would be a position to excuse himself from her easily. She would let him have the practice.

Lyssa would show him out, and Alice would return to her work.

This had been fun!! Sorry my wrist crapped out on us when I asked for more time

19. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread