Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Ah. Thank you, Ma'am, Seneschal Hart." Dirt Nap says softly, seeming embarrassed at the compliment. "I generally as a rule do my best not to hurry along a person I consider to be a fool into a bad situation. I kind of justified it in this case, that it was for the good of the Covenant, even if that wouldn't be the main reason he went for it. I do believe the flattery had more to do with it. When I think someone is a fool, I generally just try to stay out of their way, not hurting them, and not getting close enough to get dragged down with them." He explains himself.

Dirt Nap nods at her advice. "I do believe that's the right way, mentioning it to Ms. Durant, at least. She seems the more likely to me to end up Priscus, and anyway will understand the benefit to the Dragons better. I am going to make it clear, though, that her position in the Dragons isn't hinged on her answer at all."

"Tell the truth, I'm thinking that there isn't anybody I know who might teach me, that I have a confidence will be around long enough to do the job proper. I'm thinking I best crack the books and learn up on Geomancy."

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

She nods, strings pulled and jerking, "Enough rope to hope and hang, hm?" choosing the idiom for the Cowboy, instead of something else.

Listening, another nod, jerking and strings pull, while more notes are scratched into the pad of paper behind the pair of kindred. "And your meeting with a Dragon Shadow, would go unremarked, while continued meetings with an Unaligned Shadow would be."

"Well, we do have the time." comes her hollow voice, wide, sharp, completely fake smirk upon her petal pink lips. "And, if you experiment with the Blood long enough you will learn new things, it might take longer but you might not need to indebt yourself to the Shadows." advice, yes, and freely given, but the Cowboy boy was smart enough that he would have figure that out on his own.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

4. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Yes, Ma'am, Seneschal Hart." Dirt Nap says. "I'd guess my superior, Horatio made out better than the last few I tried warning off and then just watched what happened. Better off than John Davies, for example. Horatio left under his own power and upright. I hope he wises up wherever he goes."

Dirt Nap nods sagely at Alice Hart's observation that he might learn other ways to his goal, ways that wouldn't come at such a steep price.

"I figure, I'll try to learn what I can on my own, and keep an eye and ear out for the chance to learn from others too. One way or the other, it should work out."
    He concedes. "As to time...I thought I had more time to make 'Sworn' rank and then Horatio showed up and had rank on me."

Dirt Nap shrugs. "I suppose I can only go as fast as I can go; I will learn what I need in time, or not."

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"He might have more sense that I've given him credit for, that is, any at all." mean, petty? Perhaps, but in a different Domain he wouldn't have with his mongrel the first night, nor would he have been aware or able to receive his Acknowledgement. "The Domain will be better for his absence."

"You do have time, your 'Superior' such as he was, has already gone, and not forbidding your advancement." she says, though unclear on how Dragons measured such things.

A strings pulled nod, lulling forward and jerking upward. The motion abruptly, and unnaturally ceasing. "True, but you can force the circumstance, experience things that are unfamiliar and learn how you react to those things, learn of yourself, and of your limits, and exceed them."

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Yes, Ma'am, Seneschal Hart." Dirt Nap says with a slow nod when she asserts that he has time. "I suppose I do."

Of course Horatio had shown up all of a sudden with no notice, so the same could happen again any time.

"It sounds like you are describing the life of a Dragon, Ma'am." Dirt Nap says when she talks about learning through trying different things.

"I do believe I will do as you say, Ma'am, Seneschal Hart." He says slowly, deciding to assume she either doesn't know or isn't at liberty to share the identity of anyone who might be willing to teach him Auspex besides the two new Mekhets.

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Your horse training, desensitization analogy was memorable." another hollow smile, flat and sharp in turns. "And, I have come to realize there is many similarities between the Circle and the Dragons. You've heard unending of 'Trials and Tribulations', yes?" she thought she was remembering that correctly, "Perhaps enough times that the words have lost their meaning, if they ever held any to you. The Circe says that adversity brings enlightenment. You cannot continue upon your journey, reaching new understanding without that adversity. I just merely used something akin to draconic phrasing."

Another nod, strings pulled and jerking.

"Was there anything else Dirt Nap?"

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"I could see where you're coming from, Ma'am, Seneschal Hart." Dirt Nap says slowly, in an agreeable tone. "It always seemed to me, the Circle tended to talk like the things that forced us to Change were from Above, or at least, outside our control, and the Dragon tended to talk like they were intending on doing it to themselves, to be in control of what the Change was going to come of it."

He is quiet for a long moment. Then he says, "The Dragon approach leaves a lot of room open for a feller's own personal beliefs about the hereafter and such. It seems to me to be kind of 'theology neutral', just focused on results."

He looks to Alice Hart, seeking her unseeing eyes. "I do agree with you, Ma'am, Seneschal Hart, and 'preciate your bein' open minded about it, open to common ground."

He pauses again when Alice Hart asks if there is anything else.

"There is one thing, that I have wondered on before. It's no urgent thing, mind you, Ma'am, Seneschal Hart. I guess it's more about advice than an actual request. I understand the limit on the size of a herd, in this Domain. I am nowhere near needing more than what is covered. I was curious though, if what with my 'herd' being actual horses scattered around the county, if I did find myself having more horses available to me to feed on, should I just hold off on that, or ask if I could officially have a larger herd?"

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

'"I try to," says she, "There is safety to the familiar rituals, and comfort besides, but if you close yourself to the possibility of the divine's presence outside of those times....you'll miss so much. I do believe that things happen for a reason." she confesses, mind upon that terrible night she woke without her eyes, "But if you sit and wait, convinced of your superiority. Convinced that the Gods themselves, will bestow their favour for that..." she shakes her head, strings pulling loose ad taut. "You must seek and learn, or you will never prove yourself, nor find yourself within the instances that will lead to your betterment."

She returns to stillness, listening.

"If I would have your word that your Herd would only gain more horses, and no kine, then you can increase the size. Should you want to bring humans into your Herd then we will need to speak again." she says after a moment of thought.

16. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens respectfully and appreciatively as Alice Hart expounds on her beliefs with surprising open mindedness, even humility for a member of a religious Covenant!

Then he nods deeply when she answers, basing her answer on him giving his word, on her valuing and respecting his promises.

"Yes, Ma'am. Thank you kindly, Seneschal Hart, I give you my word for sure and for certain. Whether I get more or not, I am only going to feed off horses or other animals, no one that has a soul. That is to say, no kine ever."

He is silent for a moment and then says, "Well, Ma'am. Seneschal Hart, that's all I have to say that could rightfully be called official business. I do tend to think I could talk all night for the pleasure of it, but that would be putting my own pleasure ahead of the Domain. I guess it's probably time I should head on out and let you get on with the business of the Domain, if it suits you, Ma'am." He offers in a humble tone of respect.

Thank you so much for the positively delightful scene! I am not in a hurry to end it, but if you want to close I am fine to close!

18. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

She nods, strings pulled and jerking. Wondering how long the Gangrel would be able to keep that promise to himself. Forever was a long time.

"Ah, with the official out of the way, and your professed ability to talk the evening away, is there anything, hm, unofficial that you wanted to speak to me about?"

Did she simply wish to continue the conversation? Put off her duties for a short time more? Avail the floor for less serious overture?

We do have 9 days left we can keep going

20. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread