Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Alexander and Dirt Nap

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap obliges Alexander by stepping off to the side to allow him what little privacy and exclusivity can be found in open Court.

"I don't mind atall. If you don't mind, what would you like me to call you, sir?" He asks in a soft tone.

Giant
    Mask of Tranquility
    Alexander Moore

NOS
    PRE

Alexander follows with a single step, and tilts his head slightly at the question.

“Well Dirt Nap, please call me Alexander, or Moore, either are fine, but if you’d like a more formal title then just call me Mr. Moore.” Stopping he looks around the room before returning to Dirt Nap.

“The venue is quite nice, more of what I had been expecting before my first Court at the Farm, is this normally what Court is like?”
    Curse: Incredibly tall and emaciated, their skin is stretched over their large and bulky frame, with long limbs and a strangely shaped head.

3. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"I suppose, 'Mister Moore' suits me fine, if you don't mind." Dirt Nap allows.

Dirt Nap watches Alexander as he looks around.

When he comments on the venue, Dirt Nap nods, "More or less. Sometimes more formal than others. Always high class." He says softly.

"Sacramento is one of the bigger cities I've spent any time in. Most places I been aren't as classy as this." He says in a neutral tone.

Giant
    Mask of Tranquility
    Alexander Moore

NOS
    PRE

“Hm, I’ve always lived in cities, my work used to make me travel occasionally but even then I stayed downtown. Where have you stayed before Sacramento?” His body is arched, looming over Dirt Nap as Alexander gazes down at him, before catching himself and taking a small step away while straightening out his back.
    Curse: Incredibly tall and emaciated, their skin is stretched over their large and bulky frame, with long limbs and a strangely shaped head.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Oh, you know, my type, me and my relatives, can make do pretty well in the rough. I spent time ramblin around Texas, Kansas, passin through Oklahoma and Idaho and the like." Dirt Nap says, naming states, territories really, rather than specific cities.

"How about you, Mister Moore? Where were you the longest before you came here? If you don't mind my askin?"

Giant
    Mask of Tranquility
    Alexander Moore

NOS
    PRE

“Oh not at all, I’ve really only lived in Toronto for the most part, I spent my school years in Cambridge, and I was in Montreal before coming to Sacramento.” With a small wave of his hand he answered, listing off his old homes as he twists his raised hand in a reversed circular motion.

“Sacramento is a nice city, I plan to make it my home as well as I can.” He lowers his hand back to his side and asks, “A friend of mine suggested I make the journey here from Montreal, what brought you to Sacramento?”

9. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"I just sort of wandered into town, to be honest." Dirt Nap asserts. "No one knew I was coming; no one sent me."

He pauses a long moment and then says, "There's actually a fair number of horse owners around these parts, and I like to make a living off horses. Training 'em and such." Horses being much less trouble and more reliable company than most people.

Giant
    Mask of Tranquility
    Alexander Moore

NOS
    PRE

Alexander’s eyes flash dully as he stares offside, before he pulls himself out of whatever fog he’d become lost in.

“Um yes, Horse training? That must be quite an interesting job, especially with the kind of schedule we would have to keep.” He gives a small smile at the thought, quickly returning his neutral expression before it twists his face into a disturbing shape.

“Do you often work with veterinarians? I’m a doctor myself but I’m always interested in similar lines of work.” He gives a slow nod, at his own words.

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"I don't tend to be around when the vets are there." Dirt Nap says.

"I tend to do my work 'under the table' so to speak, and seeing as how I feed off the horses too, I tend to spend time with them when no one else is around. 'course training 'em is more than half training their rider too, so there's at least one or two people around some of the time when I am. I tend to train the horses a lot like I do myself, say for example, I need a horse to not spook at a rustling plastic bag and throw the rider and run, so I secure the horse good and rustle a bag by it until it stops pulling back, and maybe just for a second gets tired of it enough to be still, an' then I stop right off and stroke the horse and give it some comfort. After a bit, doing that over and over, it doesn't spook at plastic bags anymore. Works great for sticks and ropes that look like snakes too."

Dirt Nap pauses and goes silent, staring intently at Alexander Moore.

After a long minute. "I prepared myself pretty much the same to Change to where I don't lose out to a frenzy any more." He says.

"It's not rightly 'training' per se, as you can forget training. It makes a permanent Change. 'Conditioning' I heard it called."

Closed Thread